Page 472 of 563 FirstFirst ... 372 422 462 470 471 472 473 474 482 522 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,440 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Fuck you. I listen to sports talk radio all fucking day long, and all last week the biggest talk on the dial was Favre's interview with Deion, and whether or not he was going to go Holmgren's induction. So ya, I am right.
    Fuck you. I don't listen to sports talk all day long and I'm a Packer fan. So lumping 6 whining fucks together, that called into a talk radio show, means all Packer fans? Thats some fucking sound logic there trolly trollerson. You could have left that last sentence off your post entirely and it would have been a really good post. Instead you had to drop it in knowing it would get a reaction. I.E. trolling.

I believe that trolling is what is keeping this thread going more than anything. I give Nutz credit for his part of trolling in a historic (histronic?) thread.

You guys are getting this thread way off track. I thought we were supposed to be (figuratively) dissecting Brent's poop.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Oh, so what they were really talking about were an event and a topic instigated and promoted nationally by the media. That doesn't really prove your point that fans hang on every little thing he does.

He's gone from a god to a caricature, so sure, people will still talk about him if he is brought up as a subject. Doesn't mean they really care all that much about his routine matters.

When the dumb ass comes out in a national interview and basically says he couldn't care less whether GB retires his number or not (whether he really means that or not), of course people will talk about it, and anything related to it. Those aren't really bowel movement type activities.

Personally, I think Murphy and everyone associated with the Packers should stop talking about the # retirement thing, and if asked they should simply say, "That is a matter for future consideration."
    Whoa, whoa, whoa!

Call FBI HRT, some @ss dropping mutha' fucka' has abducted the beloved, even-keeled and equanimical Patler and is assuming his internet persona and is using "dumb ass" in a post!

Is anyone else alarmed by this seemingly out of character lapse?

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa!

Call FBI HRT, some @ss dropping mutha' fucka' has abducted the beloved, even-keeled and equanimical Patler and is assuming his internet persona and is using "dumb ass" in a post!

Is anyone else alarmed by this seemingly out of character lapse?
    The guy is really starting to frustrate me. After 20 years in the limelight, he still doesn't realize when he is shooting himself in the foot. He seems to get dumber and dumber with the passing of time.

The guy is really starting to frustrate me. After 20 years in the limelight, he still doesn't realize when he is shooting himself in the foot. He seems to get dumber and dumber with the passing of time.
    I think this is a side-effect of too much celebrity or too much masturbation, both of which seem to make people stoopiter over time.

Never one for self-reflection or self-analysis, it seems he is incapable of empathy and honestly assessing how his words affect others or will be interpreted.

I am not particularly concerned about his bowel movements but I am sad for the man and the joke that he has become; in contrast to the hero he would have been had Fritz's scenario been the one that had played out.

It reminds me of this definition of Hell: "The last day you have on Earth, the person you became will meet the person you could have become."

I wonder if he has always been this dumb but we didn't see cuz we didn't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I think this is a side-effect of too much celebrity or too much masturbation, both of which seem to make people stoopiter over time.

Never one for self-reflection or self-analysis, it seems he is incapable of empathy and honestly assessing how his words affect others or will be interpreted.

I am not particularly concerned about his bowel movements but I am sad for the man and the joke that he has become; in contrast to the hero he would have been had Fritz's scenario been the one that had played out.

It reminds me of this definition of Hell: "The last day you have on Earth, the person you became will meet the person you could have become."
    If only i hed nown!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Personally, I think Murphy and everyone associated with the Packers should stop talking about the # retirement thing, and if asked they should simply say, "That is a matter for future consideration."
    They CAN'T let it go......it's big time revenue. I'm sure they don't really care about his number retirement but from the business side of things they can't let it go.

Speaking of Brett....a recent story...

A few years ago Brett ordered a custom made golf cart from a small business in a small town in Iowa. No idea how he found out about the business. The owner made the cart and decided to deliver it in person. His best friend (Bubs) was a huge Favre/Packer fan and he asked him to make the trip with him. They drove to Mississippi with his custom made golf cart and fully expected to be greeted at the gate by the grounds-keepers to drop of the cart. Instead they were greeted by Brett, who invited them in. He showed them around his estate and they spent the day with him BSing.

The business owner and Brett had contact a couple times over the next 3 years. About a year ago his friend, Bubs, was diagnosed with a brain tumor. After all cancer treatment had expired and the end was near, the business owner contacted Brett with a special request. He asked that he travel to this Iowa town to visit his friend Bubs. Brett and Deanna didn't hesitate and made the visit. Bubs died 2 weeks later.

Bubs was a business owner as well...he owned a popular sports bar. That was where Brett visited him and was there about 4 hours. Anyone that showed up could get an autograph and a pic with he and Bubs. It's a cool story and there was no lime-light, CNN or any high profile people talking about it.....just a random act of kindness for practically a stranger.

Brett's business decisions were that.... business decisions. Sure there was bitterness and animosity on BOTH sides and that happens in business. I'm sure we've all seen it. Why it was taken to extreme by fans, I don't know. He's made some mistakes over the years .....like all of us. Our mistakes are just not out there for the world to see. His visit to a dying man that I personally knew was pretty special for him and his family. I think there's still a lot of good in old Brett!

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Fuck you. I don't listen to sports talk all day long and I'm a Packer fan. So lumping 6 whining fucks together, that called into a talk radio show, means all Packer fans? Thats some fucking sound logic there trolly trollerson. You could have left that last sentence off your post entirely and it would have been a really good post. Instead you had to drop it in knowing it would get a reaction. I.E. trolling.
    I know you are just trying to piss me off, I keep all the Favre talk here, I rarely respond to this thread to begin with, but you then try to start shit with me because you think you are funny. You don't listen to sports talk radio so you don't know shit about sports talk radio, you don't know what they are talking about, but you want to give lip about it. When Favre speaks Wisconsin listens, fact. Maybe it would be better if you just don't fucking respond to my shit. You are not funny, and I don't appreciate your bullshit. Go banter with Skinbasket, because I don't find you all that entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007 View Post
    Speaking of Brett....a recent story...

A few years ago Brett ordered a custom made golf cart from a small business in a small town in Iowa. No idea how he found out about the business. The owner made the cart and decided to deliver it in person. His best friend (Bubs) was a huge Favre/Packer fan and he asked him to make the trip with him. They drove to Mississippi with his custom made golf cart and fully expected to be greeted at the gate by the grounds-keepers to drop of the cart. Instead they were greeted by Brett, who invited them in. He showed them around his estate and they spent the day with him BSing.

The business owner and Brett had contact a couple times over the next 3 years. About a year ago his friend, Bubs, was diagnosed with a brain tumor. After all cancer treatment had expired and the end was near, the business owner contacted Brett with a special request. He asked that he travel to this Iowa town to visit his friend Bubs. Brett and Deanna didn't hesitate and made the visit. Bubs died 2 weeks later.

Bubs was a business owner as well...he owned a popular sports bar. That was where Brett visited him and was there about 4 hours. Anyone that showed up could get an autograph and a pic with he and Bubs. It's a cool story and there was no lime-light, CNN or any high profile people talking about it.....just a random act of kindness for practically a stranger.

Brett's business decisions were that.... business decisions. Sure there was bitterness and animosity on BOTH sides and that happens in business. I'm sure we've all seen it. Why it was taken to extreme by fans, I don't know. He's made some mistakes over the years .....like all of us. Our mistakes are just not out there for the world to see. His visit to a dying man that I personally knew was pretty special for him and his family. I think there's still a lot of good in old Brett!
    Packer fan doesn't want to hear about the nice things Favre does for other people, according to Packer fan he probably just does these things to boast his own image and impress himself with all the good stuff he does. Packer fan knows he does far more harm to mankind than he does good. Packer fan knows.
    Last edited by Deputy Nutz; 07-29-2012 at 12:26 AM.

Oh, so what they were really talking about were an event and a topic instigated and promoted nationally by the media. That doesn't really prove your point that fans hang on every little thing he does.

He's gone from a god to a caricature, so sure, people will still talk about him if he is brought up as a subject. Doesn't mean they really care all that much about his routine matters.

When the dumb ass comes out in a national interview and basically says he couldn't care less whether GB retires his number or not (whether he really means that or not), of course people will talk about it, and anything related to it. Those aren't really bowel movement type activities.

his play in Green Bay speaks for its self, if you want to keep worrying about his legacy in Green Bay you go a head, because he doesn't give a shit, you are either with him or against him. He is fine with that, he doesn't need to feel the love, you turned your back, he doesn't need you worrying about getting his number retired. Hell I hope he gets his number retired in Minnesota before he walks back into Green Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007 View Post
    They CAN'T let it go......it's big time revenue. I'm sure they don't really care about his number retirement but from the business side of things they can't let it go.
    I didn't mean not do it, just stop talking about it until the time is right to do it. It's clear that any such ceremony is at least a little while off yet. Scuttle future talk about it until the team and Favre are ready to go ahead with it. Then, make a big announcement about it and get it over with. Continuing to talk about the uncertainty of when it will be is pointless.

his play in Green Bay speaks for its self, if you want to keep worrying about his legacy in Green Bay you go a head, because he doesn't give a shit, you are either with him or against him. He is fine with that, he doesn't need to feel the love, you turned your back, he doesn't need you worrying about getting his number retired. Hell I hope he gets his number retired in Minnesota before he walks back into Green Bay.
    Did I write anything about his play in GB?
    Did I express worry one way or the other about his "legacy"? I simply commented on the change, which is hard to dispute.

I am neither with him or against him. I am simply an observer of the soap opera that has gone on for about 7 or 8 years now, from when he first started talking seriously about retiring. You may recall that I commented critically about it even before he left Green Bay. I have not changed in view of the revelations about him during his departure or his seasons in NY and MN. I argued before his retirement that he was trying to get out of GB.

His number will be retired. I didn't suggest that it shouldn't be. I merely said that the Packers should quit talking about it until they are ready to do it. Short and pointed replies to the press that the time for number retirement will be determined in the future would move toward that. It really does neither Favre nor the Packers any good for either one of them to continue talking about it. They both know it can't happen until fences are mended between them.

It's hard to deny that his reputation and esteem has taken a hit. An athlete's reputation is a blend of performance and personality. Nothing has changed about the performance component in Favre's reputation. However, the public's perception of his personality has changed due to a number of things.

I have never said he is all bad. He has always had a soft spot and time for terminally ill people. Those stories have been consistent. His work with Make-A-Wish and other organizations was legendary. For years, he had guests at one practice almost every week.

I neither revere nor despise the guy. Never did, even when he was in GB.

I don't understand your apparent bitterness.
    Last edited by Patler; 07-29-2012 at 05:50 AM.

I didn't mean not do it, just stop talking about it until the time is right to do it. It's clear that any such ceremony is at least a little while off yet. Scuttle future talk about it until the team and Favre are ready to go ahead with it. Then, make a big announcement about it and get it over with. Continuing to talk about the uncertainty of when it will be is pointless.
    I think by raising the issue Murphy is trying to get both Favre and the Packer fan base to at least start thinking about reconcilement. Favre is going to be a first ballot NFL Hall Of Famer in a few years. My guess is that both Murphy and the NFL want there to be a reconcilement before Favre's induction. They don't want the rift between Favre and the Packers to be what people are talking about at Favre's induction. Based on Favre's recent comments though, and the fact he didn't show for Holmgren's Packer HOF induction, it doesn't seem Favre is interested in a reconcilement any time soon. So while there may not be much Murphy can do, I think he will continue to try to nudge the process along.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think by raising the issue Murphy is trying to get both Favre and the Packer fan base to at least start thinking about reconcilement. Favre is going to be a first ballot NFL Hall Of Famer in a few years. My guess is that both Murphy and the NFL want there to be a reconcilement before Favre's induction. They don't want the rift between Favre and the Packers to be what people are talking about at Favre's induction. Based on Favre's recent comments though, and the fact he didn't show for Holmgren's Packer HOF induction, it doesn't seem Favre is interested in a reconcilement any time soon. So while there may not be much Murphy can do, I think he will continue to try to nudge the process along.
    All may be true, but even his HOF candidacy is a ways off, in the terms of NFL careers. A year or true with little Favre discussion would probably be good for him and the team.

It's all one big drama.

The way this thing went down couldn't have gone any worse for either side.

For the Packers, they wanted to pay the guy 20 million dollars to go away. They wanted to keep that golden goose, laying little *Packer for life) eggs for decades to come. Favre went to Minnesota. The fans turned their backs on him and now the Packers lose out on a bunch of cash they could have had if Favre had just gotten in line and done what they wanted him to do.

For Favre, he had a team ditch him in favor of Aaron Rodgers. I think in one of the interviews he cried when he said they were just doing it for Aaron. I don't remember the exact context, but he was friggin hurt. He had a bunch of reactions, on TV, that made him look bad. Then he went on to toss a horrible interception against the Saints and the Packers went on to be the most successful team over the last 4 years.

Horrible guy? Nope
    Horrible time for all sides to come together? Yep

The Packers don't need Favre in any way. right now. Fans are enjoying the run and the Packers are making millions. In a few years, if the Packers have a little drought, that would be a good time to capitalize on some big Favre ceremonies, sell some Favre jerseys and memorabilia. . . .

There's no reason for Favre to march into GB right now with a bunch of fans who will boo him. Ron Wolf used to say we won't appreciate Favre until he's gone. As it turns out, we might not appreciate Favre until Aaron Rodgers is gone. Then, when the Packers aren't on top of the world, people might want to look back at the good old days, when Favre was ripping it up, rather than focusing on how Favre betrayed them.

We loved watching him play. For me it was about 12 of his 16 years here. For most, it was all 16. But still, he was a lot of fun to watch and it would be fun to look back at those big plays and celebrate his career. For Favre, I imagine it would feel good to get that gratitude from the fans and the team.

Sure seems like a good time to let this shit die. Sometimes I read a Driver article where he says "The Packers mean a lot to me and I mean a lot to them. I'm going to retire a Packer." Driver doesn't mean it to come off this way, but it comes off like he's loyal and Favre is not. It just shows how much the Favre thing affected me. I suspect others read that in too. Then AR says he's going to retire when he doesn't love the game enough to show up for the offseason work. Now that one, I think that one is a direct example of Aaron learning "what not to do" from Favre. From my perspective, it fortifies the opinions I had when Favre wasn't showing up. . . . . On my end, it's not a closed book yet. I don't think it is for a lot of people, including Favre and some of the leaders in the Packers (namely AR and MM) TT seems cold as ice. I don't think he gives a shit one way or the other.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 07-29-2012 at 12:20 PM.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Hell I hope he gets his number retired in Minnesota before he walks back into Green Bay.
    I think this represents a popular sentiment.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Sometimes I read a Driver article where he says "The Packers mean a lot to me and I mean a lot to them. I'm going to retire a Packer." Driver doesn't mean it to come off this way, but it comes off like he's loyal and Favre is not. It just shows how much the Favre thing affected me. I suspect others read that in too. Then AR says he's going to retire when he doesn't love the game enough to show up for the offseason work. Now that one, I think that one is a direct example of Aaron learning "what not to do" from Favre. From my perspective, it fortifies the opinions I had when Favre wasn't showing up. . . .
    I would not read into Driver's statement the way you did. I would image most guys on the present roster would say that if asked...can't bite the hand that feeds you.

Remember, talk is cheap. It's easy to utter those words when things are going your way and there is no end in site (Rodgers). They can't predict exactly what they would do if they were in Favre's situation, just like no one here could ....until you walk in someone else's shoes....wouldn't the world be a much better place if we all practiced that before making random statements, especially the statements meant to spite or degrade others?