Page 479 of 563 FirstFirst ... 379 429 469 477 478 479 480 481 489 529 ... LastLast
Results 9,561 to 9,580 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Dude has aged well. I'm sure he can pull 40 year old pussy with the best of them.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Favre and Rodgers, in tandem, presented the comeback player of the year award tonight in New Orleans.

Could this mean the healing process is ready to begin?
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Could this mean the healing process is ready to begin?
    I'm not sure Favre really has a problem with Rodgers. His problem is with TT. Hard to say whether it's a start of a healing process, or just an isolated situation that won't lead to anything further.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I was kind of impressed when Peyton Manning called them two of the greatest QBs of all time. That's a really big compliment to Aaron Rodgers. It also really smooths over some of the rejection factor. I was pissed at Favre when he fought the system so hard and made everyone in GB (from MM to AR to TT) look horrible. But. . . . . He was equally hurt, if not more. The Packers were a group, ditching a member of the family. As much as football meant to Favre, that was a huge blow. Same as Jennings. His group is like a 2nd family to him and he's getting booted to the curb. I know it's not that way, but it seems they feel that way and I understand it. Favre cried when he said they were just doing it for Aaron. It was like some guy was beating his dog, living in his house, sleeping in his bed and riding his wife.

Having Manning call them two of the greatest. . . To me, it shows you can have both, that football isn't one or the other. It's not like marriage. The memories and time together are not diminished when a team moves on or a player retires. Favre's legacy is Favre's. Aaron's is Aarons and being members of the same team, being a successor and predecessor doesn't mean all that much.

I do think the healing has begun, and if more people can put it in the light Peyton Manning did, I think it will come to the point where Aaron and Brett can hold their heads high individually and together for bringing an era of great QB play that may last longer for a franchise than ever before and maybe ever again. Congrats to both.

It's been 20 years of steady HOF QB play in GB. When it's all said and done, it could be 30. We're lucky fans.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I'm not sure Favre really has a problem with Rodgers. His problem is with TT. Hard to say whether it's a start of a healing process, or just an isolated situation that won't lead to anything further.
    It does remove one big roadblock, if nothing else. Rodgers seemed to hint about this on his radio show last week and I would love to know how much back and forth there was to get this done.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    " His problem is with TT. " Joemailman

Give us some real proof of your contention ... please.

I don't buy that's real at all. Back yourself up please or let go of the nonsence.

Brett Favre is way past holding a grudge against Ted Thompson and it's been that way, certainly, by the end of his season in New York.

Your talking about one of the most down to earth people ever in Pro sports in Brett Favre. He doesn't hold any grudge now against Ted Thompson.

If you can prove your claim.... please.... do so.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Blog Entries
    BF is on the NFL Network SB show right now.

He is still the Beaver.

I never hated 4 during all this drama.

I was royally pissed at him when he signed with the team across the Mississippi.

That was a long time ago, now.

Go on Huckleberry Finn, you'll never change.

It does remove one big roadblock, if nothing else. Rodgers seemed to hint about this on his radio show last week and I would love to know how much back and forth there was to get this done.
    Hopefully he'll reveal some of this next week during his final show of the season.

DAYUM! Lord Favre looking good.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

I don't buy that's real at all. Back yourself up please or let go of the nonsence.

Brett Favre is way past holding a grudge against Ted Thompson and it's been that way, certainly, by the end of his season in New York.

Your talking about one of the most down to earth people ever in Pro sports in Brett Favre. He doesn't hold any grudge now against Ted Thompson.

If you can prove your claim....please....do so.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

When the Packers won the SB, Favre told Peppers in week 15 or 16 to beat the Packers and keep them out of the playoffs.

NEXT
    Go PACK

If Rodgers has decided to take a positive role in healing the breach between Favre and the Packers, that would be huge. He's one guy who could bring fans along with him if he does that. Driver is the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    When the Packers won the SB, Favre told Peppers in week 15 or 16 to beat the Packers and keep them out of the playoffs.

NEXT
    So YOU overheard him say this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    At least 100 reported it, and NO ONE not even Favre denied it. If someone misquoted me to the press, there would be loud and public hell to pay. The lack of response is as good as confirmation considering the slam Favre's reputation took for having said it.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Sometimes we should Google before we post.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Favre said all was squashed and that he never had issues with Rodgers, it was an awkward segment because everyone was talking over each other. Favre did mention "other people" in terms of feelings, but did say everything was squashed on his end. Mooch asked him if he would be back in Green Bay soon, but Irving talked right over the question.

Kudos to Rodgers and Favre because for Packer fans every where this was a major step in the healing process. The Packers will never be complete without Favre and Favre's legacy will never be complete until he comes home to Green Bay.

Two other things, Favre was able to poke fun of himself for coming back in 2010, and when bounty gate was brought up he simply stated that he didn't make the plays needed to win the NFC Championship game in 2009.

Oh and Favre is not real good in front of the camera, he should stick to coaching high school football.

All this talk about "healing" kind of cracks me up. I couldn't care less if the organization and Favre ever mend their fences or not. His legacy will be unchanged either way for me, and the organization will be neither less without him nor more if he returns.

He was entertaining while here, but has been gone a long time already, football-wise. I will not think less of him if he never shows up again in GB, nor more of him if he does. Same for the organization. What was done, was done and nothing in the future will change it for me.

If that's the standard we are to apply, that first person recounts are all that is accepted. we might as well shut this place down because none of us, including you, will have much to write about; especially since you also ridicule any of our personal opinions generated from our direct observations.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    All this talk about "healing" kind of cracks me up. I couldn't care less if the organization and Favre ever mend their fences or not. His legacy will be unchanged either way for me, and the organization will be neither less without him nor more if he returns.

He was entertaining while here, but has been gone a long time already, football-wise. I will not think less of him if he never shows up again in GB, nor more of him if he does. Same for the organization. What was done, was done and nothing in the future will change it for me.
    I think people are interested in "healing" only so far as it prevents embarrassment while giving him a typical sendoff into retirement like White got. It would bring things to a nice, familiar conclusion.

Its not going to change opinions of him. Only the last memory of the guy is affected.

I think people are interested in "healing" only so far as it prevents embarrassment while giving him a typical sendoff into retirement like White got. It would bring things to a nice, familiar conclusion.

Its not going to change opinions of him. Only the last memory of the guy is affected.
    God took care of White's send off into retirement before the Packers could do much.
    If the relationship with Favre doesn't "heal", the Packers should just wait and give God the first ceremony again. Shouldn't take more than about 50 years or so.