Page 480 of 563 FirstFirst ... 380 430 470 478 479 480 481 482 490 530 ... LastLast
Results 9,581 to 9,600 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Favre continues to be an assclown.
    Let's move on.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

I like the word assclown, though it makes no sense.

Surprisingly, I find myself letting go of my resentment and resuming my affection for the old goof.

And with his new look he and I could be broskis. I haven't seen his frames at Wal-Mart vision, so he might have spent more than me on the spectacles, though.

Next time I see him I may want to ask if he spent more than $85 after the Wal-Mart frequent shopper discount.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    If you can prove your claim....please....do so.
    Brett Favre says clearly that it was his best impression that any ill will or bad feelings between himself and anything Packer management was over( in an interview with the media) following the last New York Jets game. Try to find that interview and you'll see it for yourself.

Please find and read Brett Favre's post game interview with the media, following the Jets final game (a loss to the Miami Dolphins). Favre makes a clear statement in that interview that if there were bad feelings between himself (TT and MM) and added that both sides made errors...those bad feelings were now healed or words to that effect.

Feelings that were once raw are now healed. That's what time should do and this is certainly Brett Favre's position.

GO PACKERS !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    God took care of White's send off into retirement before the Packers could do much.
    If the relationship with Favre doesn't "heal", the Packers should just wait and give God the first ceremony again. Shouldn't take more than about 50 years or so.
    Wow! That's so bitter. Yet you contend that you don't care about Brett Favre.

You don't have issues with Brett Favre. Rather you have issues with yourself man.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Let's move on.
    Assclown! Come on man.

Brett Favre gave his heart to the Green Bay Packers and fans. Brett Favre will enter the HOF in his first year of eligibility. If the Packer Organization doesn't clue in and retire his number before his NFL HOF induction (and that will be very soon). The Green Bay Packer Organization will look very bad over that issue into perpetuity.

The Green Bay Packers and Brett Favre have some business to attend to. It will get done. Count on it.

That Sir is a fact you need to prepare for.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Let's move on.
    He needs to face fact.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Wow! That's so bitter. Yet you contend that you don't care about Brett Favre.

You don't have issues with Brett Favre. Rather you have issues with yourself man.
    Good lord, lighten up. I was being facetious, thus the flippant reference to waiting only about 50 years or so.

NFL Network OD'd on Favre for about a hour yesterday and it was pretty good, I guess.

But Favre's speaking style is definitely NOT for a fast-paced show or segment. I was starting to worry if he were dealing with concussions or something.

But there at the end, he perked up and came through. A 4th quarter comeback, if you will.

One thing was obvious, though. He has the respect of all the ex-players. He's totally gray now and looks older than his years, but players love the guy and Favre is great at telling a story.

Favre and A-Rod did a good job at the NFL Honors the night before as well.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Big props to Manning for the comment that he and Luck will be on stage presenting the award someday.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Brett Favre says clearly that it was his best impression that any ill will or bad feelings between himself and anything Packer management was over( in an interview with the media) following the last New York Jets game. Try to find that interview and you'll see it for yourself.

Please find and read Brett Favre's post game interview with the media, following the Jets final game (a loss to the Miami Dolphins). Favre makes a clear statement in that interview that if there were bad feelings between himself (TT and MM) and added that both sides made errors...those bad feelings were now healed or words to that effect.

Feelings that were once raw are now healed. That's what time should do and this is certainly Brett Favre's position.

GO PACKERS !
    So, according to your story, the bad feelings were gone in January 2009? That doesn't explain him telling Peppers in week 15 (December 20, 2010) to beat the Packers. You don't think that's a little peculiar? He didn't tell Peppers good luck with the Jets in week 16. He told them beat the Packers in week 17. That's not strange to you? Favre gets knocked out of the game, plays his last snap ever, and he has Packers on the brain?
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Big props to Manning for the comment that he and Luck will be on stage presenting the award someday.
    Would have been funnier if he had then paused and said "I can't wait."
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Would have been funnier if he had then paused and said "I can't wait."
    Well now you're just being nit-picky. You nit-picker person.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    So, according to your story, the bad feelings were gone in January 2009? That doesn't explain him telling Peppers in week 15 (December 20, 2010) to beat the Packers. You don't think that's a little peculiar? He didn't tell Peppers good luck with the Jets in week 16. He told them beat the Packers in week 17. That's not strange to you? Favre gets knocked out of the game, plays his last snap ever, and he has Packers on the brain?
    You will not listen to the truth. It is time to face fact regarding this issue.

When BF says something to the public he is being completely truthful.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Brett Favre will go down in history as an exceptional Green Bay Packer quarterback. Think of him as you feel you must. Most NFL fans will 'only' go there or acknowledge his outstanding accomplishments. Why? It's based in common sense.

I'm a Canadian so a big part of my life as sports fan has been more than just football. I've like the NFL, been a NHL, MLB and NBA fan for about 55 years. I supported the Green Bay Packers in the 1960's. I've always been a proud Green Bay Packer fan. As such I've experienced alot. The good the bad and the ugly.

I'm a Pro sports fan. Very often when a player is dealt from one NHL team to another. That player is expected to, or 'want revenge' on his old team, by playing well against that team. Sometimes the resentment is big and that player simply wishes that his old team plays badly without his services. He wants his old team to fall on their collective ass's. This isn't abnormal and often it's just simple gamemanship.

You and some others here want to, IMO, grasp at straws and take a simple matter of gamemanship (even if that's true) against Brett Favre to justify your angst over him.

Do you even imagine how crushed he must have felt being rejected by the Green Bay Packers given the last outstanding season he had with our team? You hang onto that flippant comment to Julius Peppers, as opposed to all the positives as an NFL QB after Ted Thompson traded him to the New York Jets.

You choose to ignore his post Packer play helped the New York Jets almost get into the post season, after a 4 win season the year before, even playing when not at 100% health. You discount what he did in his first year returning to play the Packers in a Viking uniform. How he almost led the Vikings the following year to another Super Bowl appearance in his final NFL season. Favre's final season 'in final analysis' was extremely successful.

Brett Favre will absolutely be a first ballot HOFer. He dedicated by far the best part of his adult life to helping the Green Bay Packers return to elite status in the NFL. In his career he set every major passing record. He's the ultimate 'Iron Man' in the NFL. All that is set aside because of some simple post Green Bay Packer gamemanship!? I will never get it. I will never agree with it either. It's just silliness to hold a grudge against a man such as Brett Favre has been 'in the BIG picture'. Especially so being a Green Bay Packer fan.

Think about it in that context.

GO PACKERS !

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Brett Favre will absolutely be a first ballot HOFer. He dedicated by far the best part of his adult life to helping the Green Bay Packers return to elite status in the NFL. In his career he set every major passing record. He's the ultimate 'Iron Man' in the NFL. All that is set aside because of some simple post Green Bay Packer gamemanship!?

GO PACKERS !
    No one on here has argued that BF isn't a first ballot HOFer. No one here has argued that he isn't the league leader in almost every statistical category.

We are discussing if BF holds a grudge against TT. All the records that BF holds has nothing to do with this discussion.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    No one on here has argued that BF isn't a first ballot HOFer. No one here has argued that he isn't the league leader in almost every statistical category.

We are discussing if BF holds a grudge against TT. All the records that BF holds has nothing to do with this discussion.
    Brett Favre holds 'no grudge' against Ted Thompson.

On 2008-12-28 the Miami Dolphins defeated the New York Jets 24-17 at The Meadowlands in what was essentially an elimination game to make the post season. After that game Brett Favre met with the media and 'he clearly stated', that in his mind there was 'no longer' any ill will between himself and Ted Thompson.

That's a truthful fact.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Brett Favre holds 'no grudge' against Ted Thompson.

On 2008-12-28 the Miami Dolphins defeated the New York Jets 24-17 at The Meadowlands in what was essentially an elimination game to make the post season. After that game Brett Favre met with the media and 'he clearly stated', that in his mind there was 'no longer' any ill will between himself and Ted Thompson.

That's a truthful fact.
    And people don't lie?

Why in 2010 did Favre say something completely different to Julius Peppers of the CHI Bears that contadicts that statement?

Why after the 2007 season tell GB he was going to retire and hold a press conference saying he was going to retire?

Why after the 2008 season did he tell the GM of the NYJ that he was really done this time and he wanted to be released from the team?

From the above there seems to be a lot of BF said this and did that.

I don't hold it against BF that he wanted to continue his football career. I just don't like the way he went about it . He and Bus Cook were expert manipulators doing everything they could to get BF to MINN where he would have a shot to get back at TT and the Pack.
    Last edited by ThunderDan; 02-04-2013 at 01:21 PM.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    And people don't lie?

Why in 2010 did Favre say something completely different to Julius Peppers of the CHI Bears that contadicts that statement?

Why after the 2007 season tell GB he was going to retire and hold a press conference saying he was going to retire?

Why after the 2008 season did he tell the GM of the NYJ that he was really done this time and he wanted to be released from the team?

From the above there seems to be a lot of BF said this and did that.

I don't hold it against BF that he wanted to continue his football career. I just don't like the way he went about it . He and Bus Cook were expert manipulators doing everything they could to get BF to MINN where he would have a shot to get back at TT and the Pack.
    That's sad that that gets you so pissed.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    That's sad that that gets you so pissed.
    Actually I am not pissed at BF anymore.

I just can't stand that some people need to lie and distort BF to try to make what really happened fit their image of BF the savior of Green Bay.

-Tim Harmston

Brett Favre gave his heart to the Green Bay Packers and fans.
    All he got in return was ~$150million, his own locker room and 2 retirement ceremonies.