Page 481 of 563 FirstFirst ... 381 431 471 479 480 481 482 483 491 531 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,620 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Actually I am not pissed at BF anymore.

I just can't stand that some people need to lie and distort BF to try to make what really happened fit their image of BF the savior of Green Bay.
    a) I'm not a lier RE: Brett Favre

b) I never stated that Brett Favre was the 'Saviour of Green Bay'.

You cannot contend with either of the above and back yourself up. Let it go please.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Brett Favre holds 'no grudge' against Ted Thompson.

On 2008-12-28 the Miami Dolphins defeated the New York Jets 24-17 at The Meadowlands in what was essentially an elimination game to make the post season. After that game Brett Favre met with the media and 'he clearly stated', that in his mind there was 'no longer' any ill will between himself and Ted Thompson.

That's a truthful fact.
    Come on, man. He 'clearly stated' that he then signed with Minnesota so that he could 'stick it to Ted'. Does that sound like he no longer had any ill will? He said something in an interview and said 'the right things' to make himself look good.

Brett Favre will go down in history as an exceptional Green Bay Packer quarterback. Think of him as you feel you must. Most NFL fans will 'only' go there or acknowledge his outstanding accomplishments. Why? It's based in common sense.

I'm a Canadian so a big part of my life as sports fan has been more than just football. I've like the NFL, been a NHL, MLB and NBA fan for about 55 years. I supported the Green Bay Packers in the 1960's. I've always been a proud Green Bay Packer fan. As such I've experienced alot. The good the bad and the ugly.

I'm a Pro sports fan. Very often when a player is dealt from one NHL team to another. That player is expected to, or 'want revenge' on his old team, by playing well against that team. Sometimes the resentment is big and that player simply wishes that his old team plays badly without his services. He wants his old team to fall on their collective ass's. This isn't abnormal and often it's just simple gamemanship.

You and some others here want to, IMO, grasp at straws and take a simple matter of gamemanship (even if that's true) against Brett Favre to justify your angst over him.

Do you even imagine how crushed he must have felt being rejected by the Green Bay Packers given the last outstanding season he had with our team? You hang onto that flippant comment to Julius Peppers, as opposed to all the positives as an NFL QB after Ted Thompson traded him to the New York Jets.

You choose to ignore his post Packer play helped the New York Jets almost get into the post season, after a 4 win season the year before, even playing when not at 100% health. You discount what he did in his first year returning to play the Packers in a Viking uniform. How he almost led the Vikings the following year to another Super Bowl appearance in his final NFL season. Favre's final season 'in final analysis' was extremely successful.

Brett Favre will absolutely be a first ballot HOFer. He dedicated by far the best part of his adult life to helping the Green Bay Packers return to elite status in the NFL. In his career he set every major passing record. He's the ultimate 'Iron Man' in the NFL. All that is set aside because of some simple post Green Bay Packer gamemanship!? I will never get it. I will never agree with it either. It's just silliness to hold a grudge against a man such as Brett Favre has been 'in the BIG picture'. Especially so being a Green Bay Packer fan.

Think about it in that context.

GO PACKERS !
    Stay on track WB. I'm not arguing any of the above regarding his playing career, accomplishments, awards, right to be upset, etc, etc.

You are trying to say that Favre was completely done and over the bitter feelings with the Pack in January 2009. I provided you an instance from December 2010 that shows that he was far from being through with those feelings. Nothing more nothing less.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by cheesner View Post
    Come on, man. He 'clearly stated' that he then signed with Minnesota so that he could 'stick it to Ted'. Does that sound like he no longer had any ill will? He said something in an interview and said 'the right things' to make himself look good.
    And when he signed with the Jets, he clearly intended to stick it to Jenn Sterger.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon View Post
    And when he signed with the Jets, he clearly intended to stick it to Jenn Sterger.
    gud one!

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Stay on track WB. I'm not arguing any of the above regarding his playing career, accomplishments, awards, right to be upset, etc, etc.

You are trying to say that Favre was completely done and over the bitter feelings with the Pack in January 2009. I provided you an instance from December 2010 that shows that he was far from being through with those feelings. Nothing more nothing less.
    Again if Brett Favre said to Julius Peppers "Go beat the Packers in a couple of weeks":

a) His remark was at most flippant ....

b) merely gamemanship and nothing to get all boiled over.

c) If he said it 'in hindsight'... best left unsaid. Why? Because some people are rather sensative to such things. They have sensative ego's. i.e. some Green Bay Packer fans.

As a Packer fan what do you really care what he said or why would it be an issue? Look at 'the big picture'. What happened in that game with the Bears? We won that final game of the 2010 season, secured a playoff position, and went on to do what? Win throughout the playoffs and get to and win the SUPER BOWL.

After that you and others here need to make issue of some flippant remark that Favre made to another NFL player as 'hate for the Green Bay Packers'. It's 'simple gamemanship' man. It's simply a part of Pro sports.

Let's wind it back one season; to the NFC playoffs in the 2009 season . Did you ever imagine that the bulk of Packer Nation was pulling for the Minnesota Vikings to knock off the New Orleans Saints in the NFC Championship game and advance to the Super Bowl? That Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy and some Packer players sent their best wishes along to Brett Favre?

"Rah! Rah!! Brett!!! Go out there and take down those Saints Brett." an imaginary quote... fantasy
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Again if Brett Favre said to Julius Peppers "Go beat the Packers in a couple of weeks":

c) If he said it 'in hindsight'... best left unsaid. Why? Because some people are rather sensative to such things. They have sensative ego's. i.e. some Green Bay Packer fans.

As a Packer fan what do you really care what he said or why would it be an issue? Look at 'the big picture'. What happened in that game with the Bears? We won that final game of the 2010 season, secured a playoff position, and went on to do what? Win throughout the playoffs and get to and win the SUPER BOWL.

After that you and others here need to make issue of some flippant remark that Favre made to another NFL player as 'hate for the Green Bay Packers'. It's 'simple gamemanship' man. It's simply a part of Pro sports.

Let's wind it back one season; to the NFC playoffs in the 2009 season . Did you ever imagine that the bulk of Packer Nation was pulling for the Minnesota Vikings to knock off the New Orleans Saints in the NFC Championship game and advance to the Super Bowl? That Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy and some Packer players sent their best wishes along to Brett Favre?

"Rah! Rah!! Brett!!! Go out there and take down those Saints Brett." an imaginary quote... fantasy
    So which is it? Did he say it and Packer fans are too sensitive, or was he done with his bad feelings towards the Packers in Jan 2009? Can't really have it both ways.
    Go PACK

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon View Post
    Man, she was hot. I still find it funny how she wanted to protect her career, then blabbed to deadspin and she was never heard from again, unless you count punch lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    So which is it? Did he say it and Packer fans are too sensitive, or was he done with his bad feelings towards the Packers in Jan 2009? Can't really have it both ways.
    Holy Cow! How's this for you.

He took a heavy pounding that day and 'just maybe' he was post concussive; muttered the wrong thing. In doing so he neglected the sensative feelings of some Packer fans.

I'm sorry after over two years that this is still a huge issue with you and some others here at Packerrats. I truly feel sad for you.

Ohh 'the gnashing of teeth' what an echo.

Arn't you paying attention to Brett Favre. Over and over that man has repeatedly said that he has the fondest regards for Green Bay Packer fans and feels he gave his best as the Packer QB. That man still bleeds the Green and Gold. Even this weekend he told us, that he felt that the teams that would go to the Super Bowl would be 'the Green Bay Packers and the New England Patriots'. Did you miss that?
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 02-05-2013 at 02:52 PM.

I am huge Favre honk, and believe me when I tell you , he wanted to shove it up Thompson's ass just as he wanted to shove it up sterger's ass.

He was disgusted with Thompson ever since he took Rodgers in the first round instead of drafting pieces that would help the Packers win right away. Favre truly dislikes that man. I would say the same for Thompson but he is void of emotion. Favre will and has always loved the franchise, and the fans of the Packers.

Jumbo Rat HOFer

And what would have happened if the Bears had beaten the Packers in the last game of the 2010 regular season like BF wanted?

Psssttt...We miss the playoffs and no Super Bowl!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Aaaaahhhhhhh...... The post-season after losing in the Divisional Round with lots of doubt and questions about the team. Time for us to turn upon one another and rend each other's flesh like rats in a sociology experiment.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Aaaaahhhhhhh...... The post-season after losing in the Divisional Round with lots of doubt and questions about the team. Time for us to turn upon one another and rend each other's flesh like rats in a sociology experiment.
    Can I be part of a sorority experiment instead?
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I am huge Favre honk, and believe me when I tell you , he wanted to shove it up Thompson's ass just as he wanted to shove it up sterger's ass.

He was disgusted with Thompson ever since he took Rodgers in the first round instead of drafting pieces that would help the Packers win right away. Favre truly dislikes that man. I would say the same for Thompson but he is void of emotion. Favre will and has always loved the franchise, and the fans of the Packers.
    Favre being angry with TT is like the auto assembly line worker being angry at the new automated computerized welding machine that takes his job.

Piss off!

I don't disagree.

Man, she was hot.
    She had very large, attractive bags of saline embedded in her chest

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    And what would have happened if the Bears had beaten the Packers in the last game of the 2010 regular season like BF wanted?

Psssttt...We miss the playoffs and no Super Bowl!
    How old are you? What if...what if....come on.

It didn't matter a hoot what Brett Favre said or not to Julius Peppers when it came down to game day and Bears @ Packers. All that mattered was how the Packer players performed that day. The results on the field.

Maybe 'just maybe' what Brett Favre said to Julius Peppers was a blessing in disguise. An added incentive for our players to ensure defeating the Bears!?

'just maybe' he was post concussive; muttered the wrong thing.
    The devil made him do it!

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    It's the of season at Packerrats.

Rats will be rats.

Deputy... of course he did. That's just common sense to know that. It's a fact of life and good reason (or normal behaviour) in Pro Sports. Sadly some Packer fans just don't get it when most sports fans take that crap all in stride. I'm used to that being an NHL fan. Scoring a hat trick against your old team is supposed to bring on the widest grin. It's supposed to be 'a feel good ' moment.

The question I ask is: What makes Green Bay Packer fans so unrealistic in terms of understanding this fact of life. Why do Packer fans have to carry that crap around for what may be forever? That's 'just' foolish.

Actually it might lend itself to an interesting psychiatric study. Why do Packer fans carry such pain over Brett Favre?