Page 483 of 563 FirstFirst ... 383 433 473 481 482 483 484 485 493 533 ... LastLast
Results 9,641 to 9,660 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

This is kinda amusing. What if the Packers had given in to Bret Favre and allowed him to continue as their NO.1 QB in the 2008 season??

http://www.nfl.com/videos/n-if-l/090...tayed-a-Packer
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    When Favre said he doesn't know when a retirement ceremony will take place, I took that to mean he doesn't know how long Ted Thompson will be in the Packer organization. The timing is really up to him. The Packers, I believe want a reconcilement before Favre's Canton induction, but Favre has to be a willing participant. There was some hope last year that inviting Favre to Holmgren's Packer HOF induction would be a start to a reconcilement, but much to the chagrin of people like Bob Harlan, Favre didn't show. There is now some hope that his appearance with Rodgers will lead to something. We'll see.
    Can't any of you not understand issues between Ted Thompson and Brett Favre? Are they much alike and both such warm and down to earth people? These two men couldn't be more unalike.

That whole thing from the beginning could have been handled alot better except fpr the personalities involved. Some people simply clash as an inherant disfunction of their manners and personalities.

I look at the hard facts. The black and white of it. How close was the Packer GM to Brett Favre and the events leading up to Favre's trade to the New York Jets. Ted Thompson sent Mike McCarthy to do, essentially his job. I know the issues between Ted Thompson and Favre began long before that time. It's always been my perspective that that was a marriage that was never going to work out.

The real issue here now is the Green Bay Packers and no personality clash can exceed the great story of the Green Bay Packer history and future. This is what all Packer fans need to see and gravitate to. To withdraw from the smallness of this whole thing.

GO PACKERS !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Did everyone watch his interview with Deon Sanders; it's obvious he still has issues with TT and still does from that interview. I think that happened last year. It was a two part. He came accross better than in the past but there are still issues in his mind
    Hi B.

I've gone over that interview several times; trying to find some evidence of what you write above. Specifically Favre and any issues with Ted Thompson. I want to get some real evidence in terms of his public statements RE: Ted Thompson as to derogotory feelings about Ted Thompson.

PACKERS !

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    This is kinda amusing. What if the Packers had given in to Bret Favre and allowed him to continue as their NO.1 QB in the 2008 season??

http://www.nfl.com/videos/n-if-l/090...tayed-a-Packer
    If he hadn't "retired" that March I think he would have been our starter if he beat out Rodgers in TC and that might not have been a sure thing.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I"ll add this 'bigger picture look' to your post George. This is a decent synopsis of the most of it. The Brett Favre and Green Bay Packer drama. Of course, Brett Favre plays 'good cop - bad cop' in this drama. It omits the post game chat between Favre and Julius Peppers in Dec. 2010.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...en-bay-packers

Please, note the poll in this article.
    My point is simply this: bearing long-term grudges and being unwilling to forgive is toxic and soul-destroying and therefore it is everyone's best interests for the hatchet to be buried. This bears true for Favre, Rodgers, M3, TT and, most importantly, the fans. I won't lie to anyone, I was disgusted with Favre and reveled in his meltdown during the Minn/NO game, I thought it just desserts for Favre, the Vikings and their fans. But I've moved on, it sounds like AR has moved on and this suggests that Favre may be on that path as well.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    My point is simply this: bearing long-term grudges and being unwilling to forgive is toxic and soul-destroying and therefore it is everyone's best interests for the hatchet to be buried. This bears true for Favre, Rodgers, M3, TT and, most importantly, the fans. I won't lie to anyone, I was disgusted with Favre and reveled in his meltdown during the Minn/NO game, I thought it just desserts for Favre, the Vikings and their fans. But I've moved on, it sounds like AR has moved on and this suggests that Favre may be on that path as well.
    Congratulations Packer fan and It's my hope that many more follow you.

Lightbulb

Here is a photo I think we all should see!

http://www.packers.com/media-center/...8-04098bf5f565

This is supposed to be Favre in the drivers seat. https://twitter.com/MrYoYoSmith/stat...437504/photo/1

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Here is a photo I think we all should see!

http://www.packers.com/media-center/...8-04098bf5f565
    A nice moment. Alot of 'NFL QB' in that pick.

Three future HOFers !

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/common/...&post_id=20101

Murphy on Favre number retirement: 'It's going to happen'.

Mar 18, 2013 -- 8:29pm

Comment woodbuck27:

Then....Get that done ASAP.

We don't want Favre tossing strikes to Greg Jennings and carrying him on his shoulders next season. Rumours are circulating that Brett Favre is getting that 'Old Time Feeling' after recent talks to Greg. Greg Jennings is causing more concerns than we realize.

How do we stop this happening in Minnesota Viking history?

GO PACK GO !

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Favre is not replacing Ponder in MN. One is seriously gullible if one believes there's another Favre comeback in MN. The Vikes are fully committed to Ponder this coming season.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Favre is not replacing Ponder in MN. One is seriously gullible if one believes there's another Favre comeback in MN. The Vikes are fully committed to Ponder this coming season.
    I believe that your correct.

Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar
    - Once again, adding absolutely nothing to the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeefers View Post
    I believe this .

Brett Favre will always be one of the very greatest of Green Bay Packers. He'll be a first ballot HOFer after he's inducted into the Green Bay Packers HOF and has his NO. 4 retired.

Brett Favre is certainly one of the most entertaining players in NFL history. He came to play and do his very best to win. He never shirked his duties. He was fun to watch on the field and the sidelines.

We were very fortunate to see Brett Favre in a Green Bay Packer jersey. He was a big reason that we left the 'Dark Ages', 1970 -1992 behind.

Long live 'the by far positive memory' of Brett Favre.

The Green Bay Packers !

Brett FAVRE

At this point I only dial into the thread to see who bumped it.

Those who follow the game will remember Brett Favre for his interceptions and inability to retire properly.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    At this point I only dial into the thread to see who bumped it.

Those who follow the game will remember Brett Favre for his interceptions and inability to retire properly.
    Ehh, it's news about a packer great. I enjoy reading about him, I figure some other people do as well. I also really like the idea of keeping it all in one place. Finally, I wouldn't mind seeing this sucker get to 10k.
    - Once again, adding absolutely nothing to the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeefers View Post
    Ehh, it's news about a packer great. I enjoy reading about him, I figure some other people do as well. I also really like the idea of keeping it all in one place. Finally, I wouldn't mind seeing this sucker get to 10k.
    Smeefers, I am trying to stir the pot here. Can't you come up with an ad hominem attack? A 1,200 word screed listing all-time great moments in Favre history? An all-caps rant? If I can't stir the pot here I have to go the Better Homes and Gardens forum and declare that Little Debbie Zebra cakes are better than anything your grandma ever made.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

No one stays retired like Favre! swede you're just a pot stirrer!

Just watch him enjoy the sunset years!

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    No one stays retired like Favre! swede you're just a pot stirrer!

Just watch him enjoy the sunset years!
    That video is too good when you add Swede's bad lip reading...

-"Gatorade! HailMary! Hep...Dammit!"

Ha, found another video with some great lip reading clips! Gona start a thread, not post it here where hardly anyone looks!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...