Page 484 of 563 FirstFirst ... 384 434 474 482 483 484 485 486 494 534 ... LastLast
Results 9,661 to 9,680 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Smeefers, I am trying to stir the pot here. Can't you come up with an ad hominem attack? A 1,200 word screed listing all-time great moments in Favre history? An all-caps rant? If I can't stir the pot here I have to go the Better Homes and Gardens forum and declare that Little Debbie Zebra cakes are better than anything your grandma ever made.
    Well who the hell could argue with a statement like that, except maybe someone whose grandma had a thing for ho hos...ok somehow that just sounded all wrong.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    No one stays retired like Favre! swede you're just a pot stirrer!

Just watch him enjoy the sunset years!

He always was a keener.

I wonder what he would be like as a cage fighter? Look the 'F' out men.

Ohh on that..... ** this fella is a die hard Green Bay Packer fan and he's clear on who's greater between Favre and Rodgers. Chuck says that it has to be Brett Favre. No kidding ! He was on NFL Access yesterday on the session on how to fix the Packers. It seems there's so much wrong that even Chuck had difficulty focusing on that question.

Chuck's concerned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Liddell

Chuck said he's good to go if we could use him at inside LBer. He looks better than any option I see at present.

Chuck's like Brett...a keener. Here's the Pic that chuck sent TT along with his submission to help out the team he loves:

Stay Tuned ! Ohh are Chuck and Brett related. I hope not because if that's the case. He need not have submitted his help.

Ohh jessssh ... these days Brett Favre sightings in Wisconsin are about as rare as Ted Thompson sightings.

Anybody see Ted ? Is Ted real ??

I didn't even see Ole Ted with a hand on Clay Matthews shoulder when Clay signed that big new deal.

Is Ted real? Couldn't someone have even tried to simply photo shop Ted into that photo with Clay? Isn't anyone suspicious?

Ohh I see... Evidently, Ted was down to the coffee shop buying coffee and donuts for the BIG celebration. What a relief.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-17-2013 at 04:44 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

ugh! just when you thought it would go away.

It can't go away. I need a place to say that Favre did this team the biggest favor in the world by doing what he did. If that situation goes to training camp and Aaron looks to be a better quarterback, controversy ensues. Aaron leaves as quickly as he can to show the Packers that they made a mistake by not giving him a job he felt he earned. Huge chip on shoulder, he goes to the Vikings in free agency and they win the 'owl in 2010.

You did the right thing, Brett, and no one will ever know.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

It can't go away. I need a place to say that Favre did this team the biggest favor in the world by doing what he did. If that situation goes to training camp and Aaron looks to be a better quarterback, controversy ensues. Aaron leaves as quickly as he can to show the Packers that they made a mistake by not giving him a job he felt he earned. Huge chip on shoulder, he goes to the Vikings in free agency and they win the 'owl in 2010.

Aaron Rodgers time had come. Clearly we should all know that now.

2007 was Brett Favre's last shot at his dream and his second ring with the Green Bay Packers. I too believe that if Brett Favre had returned (2008); that Aaron Rodgers might have wanted out of Green Bay and deservedly so.

So... Aaron Rodgers leads us to our 4th Super bowl win. He's overwhelmingly referred to as the NFL's best QB. He's about to cost our CAP enormously.

Funny that's there's always a $$$price$$$ to pay.

When it should be limited to simply a price to pay; dampered by recovery and learning.

That $$$price$$$ may come with a heavy weight in learning for the Green Bay Packers and Packer fans.

To >>> learning>>> I think ??
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

You truly are worthy of the ninja avatar.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    You truly are worthy of the ninja avatar.
    If you mean my avatar, that is a nun laying out some medieval justice for the good of the child.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

If you mean my avatar, that is a nun laying out some medieval justice for the good of the child.
    And I am not worthy of her, because children are rarely frightened of me though I do try so.

Never would have guessed nun, thought ninja all along. Still my praise still stands. That post of Viking Rodgers was a work of genius.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Brutal ages. Times that really began to end with:

and really turned the corner with:

http://www.kenoshanews.com/sports/mu...470887861.html

Lots in this article that interesting from Packers’ president and CEO Mark Murphy's perspective including The Packers moving on without three of their most popular players with the loss of Jennings, Driver and Woodson. Also please check out the part dedicated to WR Randall Cobb... Cobb’s future bright

I wanted to tie a few things together ... RE: Favre and his possible (inevitable) re-union with the Green Bay Packers. That's been covered but maybe not exactly as I'm presenting here:

From the Link above:

What about Favre?

"The Packers took a step in the right direction in warming their icy relationship with Favre at the NFL awards program in February when the three-time MVP joined Rodgers at the podium to present Peyton Manning with the 2012 Comeback Player of the Year award.

“I thought it was a very good first step,” Murphy said.

“We’ve said we want to retire his number and get him back here. It’s got to be the right timing for both him and us. It’s a pretty significant honor and he deserves it. He was one of the greatest players, if not the greatest player, in the history of the organization.”

Favre, who has stated publicly he has no relationship with the Packers, is currently the offensive coordinator for Oak Grove High School in Hattiesburg, Miss."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/ta...me/mark-murphy

Please Read:

Aaron Rodgers cleans up for Packers, Favre

February, 5, 2013 ... By Kevin Seifert ... ESPN.com

Prior to that phone conversation, Rodgers and Favre hadn't spoken much since 2008 -- a distance I've always attributed to their distinctly different personalities as well as the inherent tension of a Hall of Fame succession. In the end, however, it was probably on Rodgers -- for lack of a better phrase -- to be the grown-up here. Favre wasn't likely to beg the Packers for forgiveness, and if Packers president Mark Murphy or general manager Ted Thompson have reached out to Favre, it has not been reported publicly.

"It didn't take a lot of coaxing for me to do it," Rodgers said. "I did want to sit and think about whether it was the right thing to do. I really feel very secure in my position with the team and feel good about the things that we've been able to accomplish in my five years as the starter, and feel good about the direction the organization is going in.

"Brett is two years removed from the game. He's going to obviously be in the Packers Hall of Fame. He'll get his number retired, and he'll be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in the next few years. It's important, I think, to make sure that he's recognized for all the accomplishments that he's achieved in our organization especially. He's still very dear to many of our fans for the things that he's done for the Packers on the field. You can never take that away." Fr. LINK immediately

Finally:

Brett Favre:Disappointment of losing led to retirement talk NFL.com

Published: April 13, 2013 at 01:58 a.m.

Updated: April 13, 2013 at 12:25 p.m

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...etirement-talk

"Favre's many will-he-or-won't he melodramas -- first with the Packers, later with the Minnesota Vikings -- made him the butt of nationwide jokes, and were taken as a sign of the future Pro Football Hall of Famer's selfishness, even diva mentality. According to ESPN's Jason Wilde, however, Favre said the exact opposite was true." Fr. LINK

See LINK above for Brett Favre's response to this.

" Favre also explained what it felt like when his career ended on a concussion suffered during a 2010 Vikings home game that had to be played outdoors at TFC Bank Stadium because of roof damage to the Metrodome. " Fr. LINK

Favre predictably was asked about a possible reunion with the Pack.

His answer:

"We'll do it one day."

Comment woodbuck27:

Mark Murphy and Ted Thompson.

The time when Brett Favre will become a first ballot HOFer isn't far away.

Please ... don't embarrass/taint the Legacy/History of all that's been the GREEN BAY PACKERS by procrastinating in terms of retiring Brett Favre's number and adding him and all he gave to the Green Bay Packers with a formal recognition and induction in the Packers HOF.

Get that done ASAP. Please 'just' do it !

GO PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-14-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Comment woodbuck27:

Please ... don't embarrass/taint the Legacy/History of all that's been the GREEN BAY PACKERS by procrastinating in terms of retiring Brett Favre's number and adding him and all he gave to the Green Bay Packers with a formal recognition and induction in the Packers HOF.

I think Favre is the one procrastinating here. A quote of ""We'll do it one day." sounds like he's nor ready. He's either waiting for Thompson to retire from the Packers, or he's still worried about what the fan reaction would be. Or both.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

http://www.kenoshanews.com/sports/mu...470887861.html

Lots in this article that interesting from Packers’ president and CEO Mark Murphy's perspective including The Packers moving on without three of their most popular players with the loss of Jennings, Driver and Woodson. Also please check out the part dedicated to WR Randall Cobb... Cobb’s future bright

I wanted to tie a few things together ... RE: Favre and his possible (inevitable) re-union with the Green Bay Packers. That's been covered but maybe not exactly as I'm presenting here:

From the Link above:

What about Favre?

"The Packers took a step in the right direction in warming their icy relationship with Favre at the NFL awards program in February when the three-time MVP joined Rodgers at the podium to present Peyton Manning with the 2012 Comeback Player of the Year award.

“I thought it was a very good first step,” Murphy said.

“We’ve said we want to retire his number and get him back here. It’s got to be the right timing for both him and us. It’s a pretty significant honor and he deserves it. He was one of the greatest players, if not the greatest player, in the history of the organization.”

Favre, who has stated publicly he has no relationship with the Packers, is currently the offensive coordinator for Oak Grove High School in Hattiesburg, Miss."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/ta...me/mark-murphy

Please Read:

Aaron Rodgers cleans up for Packers, Favre

February, 5, 2013 ... By Kevin Seifert ... ESPN.com

Prior to that phone conversation, Rodgers and Favre hadn't spoken much since 2008 -- a distance I've always attributed to their distinctly different personalities as well as the inherent tension of a Hall of Fame succession. In the end, however, it was probably on Rodgers -- for lack of a better phrase -- to be the grown-up here. Favre wasn't likely to beg the Packers for forgiveness, and if Packers president Mark Murphy or general manager Ted Thompson have reached out to Favre, it has not been reported publicly.

"It didn't take a lot of coaxing for me to do it," Rodgers said. "I did want to sit and think about whether it was the right thing to do. I really feel very secure in my position with the team and feel good about the things that we've been able to accomplish in my five years as the starter, and feel good about the direction the organization is going in.

"Brett is two years removed from the game. He's going to obviously be in the Packers Hall of Fame. He'll get his number retired, and he'll be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in the next few years. It's important, I think, to make sure that he's recognized for all the accomplishments that he's achieved in our organization especially. He's still very dear to many of our fans for the things that he's done for the Packers on the field. You can never take that away." Fr. LINK immediately

Finally:

Brett Favre:Disappointment of losing led to retirement talk NFL.com

Published: April 13, 2013 at 01:58 a.m.

Updated: April 13, 2013 at 12:25 p.m

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...etirement-talk

"Favre's many will-he-or-won't he melodramas -- first with the Packers, later with the Minnesota Vikings -- made him the butt of nationwide jokes, and were taken as a sign of the future Pro Football Hall of Famer's selfishness, even diva mentality. According to ESPN's Jason Wilde, however, Favre said the exact opposite was true." Fr. LINK

" Favre also explained what it felt like when his career ended on a concussion suffered during a 2010 Vikings home game that had to be played outdoors at TFC Bank Stadium because of roof damage to the Metrodome. " Fr. LINK

Favre predictably was asked about a possible reunion with the Pack.

His answer:

"We'll do it one day."

Comment woodbuck27:

GO PACKERS !
    Time, Woody. It's going to take a bit more time.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think Favre is the one procrastinating here. A quote of ""We'll do it one day." sounds like he's nor ready. He's either waiting for Thompson to retire from the Packers, or he's still worried about what the fan reaction would be. Or both.
    Wow ! Joe ! Full marks for your propoganda skills. Where's your support for that, 'false' claim?

Are you aware of what Brett Favre claims... was the actual case... of his discovery that he was traded to the New York Jets?

I've communicated the 'DETAILS' on that with a certain prominant member of Packerrats.

So ... I'll focus on that:

If 'in fact' Favre's claim is the TRUTH. Then I can certainly understand why he might have a solid reason for any beef with Ted Thompson (if in fact that's the case? ...or that twist in Favre's finding out he was a NY Jet is 'in fact' true).

If the way he discovered that he was a NY Jet ... is true. Ted Thompson certainly showed Brett Favre a negligent and undeserving disrespect. Ted Thompson totally bungled another one.

That certainly would be 'the exact case'; in Brett Favre mind, body, heart and soul. The hurt would have been severe.

That disrespect would understandedly be 'the straw that broke the camels back'; in terms of Favre and Ted Thompson relations and communications.

A deep seeded hurt that Brett Favre would have certainly suffered, knowing him as I do as a Packer fan.

If Ted Thompson is guilty of this disrespect? The obvious question that begs to be answered is:

What else is Ted Thompson capable of, in terms of certain decency and proper relations and Packer management / Packer player minimum requirements regarding communications?

In the case of Favre becoming a New York Jet. Ted Thompson certainly bungled that as the fact it became for Brett Favre's life.

PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-14-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Favre was a member of the Packers roster then, so as GM it was Ted Thompson's job to make a decision on what to do with Favre. That is not the case now. I don't think Thompson has much, if any influence on what happens with Favre now. This is primarily between Favre and Murphy.

Favre was a member of the Packers roster then, so as GM it was Ted Thompson's job to make a decision on what to do with Favre. That is not the case now. I don't think Thompson has much, if any influence on what happens with Favre now. This is primarily between Favre and Murphy.
    Your correct Joe.

Then your retracting this Joe? :

Originally Posted by Joemailman

" I think Favre is the one procrastinating here. A quote of ""We'll do it one day." sounds like he's nor ready. He's either waiting for Thompson to retire from the Packers, or he's still worried about what the fan reaction would be. Or both." Joemailman

PACKERS !

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Time, Woody. It's going to take a bit more time.
    Fritz:

Common sense dictates it's got to be getting too >>> really close.

This is becoming a potentially and growing very embarassing matter. Any Packer fan 'only' needs a little common sence and decency to realize that TRUTH.

PACKERS !

So to recap:

1. Ted Thompson has no role to play with the Favre retirement ceremony, its just Murphy dragging his feet.

and

2. Favre may hold Thompson in contempt for learning about his trade (initial report was to Bucs, no?) while watching TV. In which case, Joe is right and Favre might be waiting for Thompson to retire.

Just glad we have the logic straight on this one.

Your correct Joe.

Then your retracting this Joe? :

Originally Posted by Joemailman

" I think Favre is the one procrastinating here. A quote of ""We'll do it one day." sounds like he's nor ready. He's either waiting for Thompson to retire from the Packers, or he's still worried about what the fan reaction would be. Or both." Joemailman

PACKERS !
    Am I missing something here? You quoted my post, said Your correct Joe., and then you ask me if I'm retracting it?

When Favre said "We'll do it one day" I think he was daydreaming about Erin Andrews.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack