Page 485 of 563 FirstFirst ... 385 435 475 483 484 485 486 487 495 535 ... LastLast
Results 9,681 to 9,700 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think Favre is the one procrastinating here. A quote of ""We'll do it one day." sounds like he's nor ready. He's either waiting for Thompson to retire from the Packers, or he's still worried about what the fan reaction would be. Or both.
    I truly believe Favre has a bigger issue with M3 than TT. It was M3 who wanted to go with Rodgers and once #4 retired he moved forward at lightening speed. And it was M3 who Favre had those marathon talks with that August, not TT.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I truly believe Favre has a bigger issue with M3 than TT. It was M3 who wanted to go with Rodgers and once #4 retired he moved forward at lightening speed. And it was M3 who Favre had those marathon talks with that August, not TT.
    But it was TT who wouldn't release Favre from his contract. That's what caused things to get really ugly.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Goddamn, this beast is going to hit 500 pages yet.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

But it was TT who wouldn't release Favre from his contract. That's what caused things to get really ugly.
    But wasn't it M3 who said he'd have to compete for the job if he wanted to come back?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Goddamn, this beast is going to hit 500 pages yet.
    Mish gets mad when we bump it.

500 pp or bust!

TT knew if he gave him his unconditional release #4 would make a bee line to MN and he and M3 did not want Favre in this division during Rodgers' first year starting. I think the most egregious error made by TT and M3 was not wanting him to play in GB or any place else. Had Favre filed his papers for reinstatement a little quicker a trade could have been made even sooner and this entire saga wouldn't have dragged on and on.

I just get the feeling we are headed for a Bradshaw/Steelers situation here. Where the specifics no longer matter as much as the continued animosity.

Bradshaw was mightily pissed at Chuck Noll, but even after Noll was gone he found others to be mad at. Perhaps in Favre's case, with no owner's family at the top it will be different, but it just seems like Favre is more interested in waiting this out than solving it at the current time.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I think we all know Favre well enough to know it will take TT's retirement and some public fellatio to make him feel better.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I think we all know Favre well enough to know it will take TT's retirement and some public fellatio to make him feel better.
    Yes, but who is to be the Fellator? Harlan, Murphy, TT?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I just get the feeling we are headed for a Bradshaw/Steelers situation here. Where the specifics no longer matter as much as the continued animosity.

Bradshaw was mightily pissed at Chuck Noll, but even after Noll was gone he found others to be mad at. Perhaps in Favre's case, with no owner's family at the top it will be different, but it just seems like Favre is more interested in waiting this out than solving it at the current time.
    I tend to think you are right. If he was of a mind to, Favre could end this at anytime. All he would have to do is say a few things, show up in GB for some insignificant event without mentioning himself, and the organization would welcome him back. They would have no choice but to do it even if they didn't want to as individuals.

The team has to welcome him back, whenever he is ready.
    For himself, Favre doesn't have to be ready ever.
    It is really in Favre's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    The fans.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Two of the 3 will "grab the knob".

Ironic, when you consider the cast of characters here.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    All he would have to do is say a few things, show up in GB for some insignificant event without mentioning himself, and the organization would welcome him back.
    Do you mean for the fans to be ready, this would ease the transition? I agree. The Packer org though seems willing (having already taken the public first step) with no more steps, though I could be under informed on this easily.

I wonder if it comes down to business. Bart gets paid to represent the Packers and Brett would too. Is that a very uncomfortable negotiation?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Do you mean for the fans to be ready, this would ease the transition? I agree. The Packer org though seems willing (having already taken the public first step) with no more steps, though I could be under informed on this easily.

I wonder if it comes down to business. Bart gets paid to represent the Packers and Brett would too. Is that a very uncomfortable negotiation?
    Ya. All he has to do is show his interest in the organization above and beyond his interests for himself, and the vast majority of fans will welcome him back. Do that just a few times, and he will be met with a tremendous ovation when walking into the stadium for a #4 retirement ceremony.

Any personal service contract is probably a ways in the future, well after a return to the family generally.

I had things to take care of here yesterday. I didn't visit Packerrats last evening.

I'm somewhat overwhelmed with all the posts here after my most recent ones. I need to read them and try to respond.

Later ..... and have a lovely day.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I think Favre is the one procrastinating here. A quote of ""We'll do it one day." sounds like he's nor ready. He's either waiting for Thompson to retire from the Packers, or he's still worried about what the fan reaction would be. Or both.
    I'm going back to your post Joe to begin and Please this isn't personal. This isn't me Vs you or any other Packerrat. This is woodbuck27 and what's simply 'the best' solution and better the 'only solution:

How you took a rather positive response from Brett Favre and specifically:

"We'll do it one day." Brett Favre

To the **question in the interview (LINK posted on the former page this thread)

When .... asked about a possible reunion with the Pack.

Took that response to >>> and I'll break it down:

a) I think Favre is the one procrastinating here.

b) sounds like he's (not) ready

and then the GIANT leap >>> to:

c) He's either waiting for Thompson to retire from the Packers, or he's still worried about what the fan reaction would be. Or both

That sir>>>is some 'magic thinking' that lends zero credibility to Brett Favre and 'maybe' >>>'just even maybe' Joe:

That Brett Favre might be looking forward to being re-united with Packer fans that he has always spoke very well of not anything in the contrary.

That Brett Favre 'just might' be looking forward to the mending of the fence; which after 'five years' should be dealt with more positively >>> 'amongst real men'.

Certainly that considering some simple forward thinking and the bigger circumstances and possible repurcussions of a real embarrassment for 'the Green Bay Packers Organization.

Without opening up any can of worms of ignorance. I refuse to embrace any stupidity and that garbage.

This issue isn't about anything Brett Favre and his not knowing what the Green Bay Packers has and does and could mean to his life. This issue isn't about anything Brett Favre and his false pride or his 'fear of anything', Packer fan. Come on Packer fan you shouldn't see that one any differently from yours truly. We're discussing Brett Favre. Arguably the most fearless Pro athlete of all time. That man always did his level best to answer the bell.

So sorry Joe but you had to do a much better job of looking at it then in this above post.

As I recall you got there and then...well ... let me look at it again, before I point out 'any wobbleing'.

It's OK Joe. Inspite of any negativity and prejudice to either the Favre or TT/MM side or the Official Green Bay Packer Organizational/ Executive stance.

The Green Bay Packers fumbled it in terms of Brett Favre. The Packers organization may have picked up the ball but Ooooops>>the Packer organization clearly continues to fumle 'that Ole Ball'.

It's got clearly in my view to 'just stupid'. I'm positive that both sides need to get it together PRONTO. To get this mess behind all of them for the sake of one very important identity.

The Green Bay Packer fans. That and in much more positive terms:

The GREEN BAY PACKER History.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

Your correct Joe.

Then your retracting this Joe? :

Originally Posted by Joemailman

" I think Favre is the one procrastinating here. A quote of ""We'll do it one day." sounds like he's nor ready. He's either waiting for Thompson to retire from the Packers, or he's still worried about what the fan reaction would be. Or both." Joemailman

PACKERS !
    **Your correct Joe.

**Refers to your second post which is in a far different light then your first response to my original post yesterday... Tuesday May 14, 2013. ** This post:

** "Favre was a member of the Packers roster then, so as GM it was Ted Thompson's job to make a decision on what to do with Favre. That is not the case now. I don't think Thompson has much, if any influence on what happens with Favre now. This is primarily between Favre and Murphy." Joemailman

Am I missing something here? You quoted my post, said Your correct Joe., and then you ask me if I'm retracting it?
    Yes you missed something Joe.

Please ... see my preceding post where I try to clarify.

a) In essence I rebutted you with a disagreement. I 've since enhanced an explanation on why I disagreed Joe.

b) I agreed with your second respose. That this matter no longer 'in effect' should lie as any issue still existing or not 'between TT and (maybe? MM) AND Brett Favre. As any such issue is now or should be certainly ...moot.

This is no longer about little men. This is about one of the GREATEST Green Bay Packers ALL TIME and Packer CEO Mark Murphy and the integrity of Green Bay Packer history.

It's clearly in my view....All 'little men feelings' aside.

About moving forward and the ultimate step that will even possibly allow maximum healing in Packer Nation; in most importantly >>> Green Bay Packer history.

To recap a position I agree with and you until your most recent wobble :

This issue of Favre and his number being retired and his entry into the Packers HOF lies between Brett Favre and Oficial Green bay Packer Upper management or is on Packer CEO Mark Murphy to get it done.

Your position 'that it has anything to do' with any Brett Favre feelings RE: Ted Thompson, doesn't in my view hold weight. If your position is 'the TRUTH'. This mess will go down as a negative in Green Bay Packer history.

Can you imagine the repercussions of the enevitable Brett Favre and 1st ballot HOFer and him not having his number retired and him not in the Packer HOF? That would be exactly one thing.

Outrageous !

Again it's on Mark Murphy to make it a priority issue and get that ceremony over with and focus on this:

“We’ve said we want to retire his number and get him back here. It’s got to be the right timing for both him and us. It’s a pretty significant honor and he deserves it. He was one of the greatest players, if not the greatest player, in the history of the organization.” Mark Murphy

Certainly Mark Murphy got that one correct.

He simply needs to follow through ASAP.

PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-15-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    "... it was M3 who Favre had those marathon talks with that August, not TT. " Pugger

Pugger...can you support that with proof?

ie Please ... Simply post media published references to real events where there was ongong discussion between Mike McCarthy and Brett Favre in August.

Thanks.

PACKERS !

Are you still 100% sure that was it Joe?

There is evidence that if you do. Evidence that you might be deceived into thinking, or imagining that.