Page 487 of 563 FirstFirst ... 387 437 477 485 486 487 488 489 497 537 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,740 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    And as for reviewing the events of the Summer of Favre, there are 486 pages of that review in this thread. We don't all need to link to the same stories again.

Let's keep the drama fresh here at The Days of Our PackerRat Lives.
    Fresh drama and Favre doesn't excite my tastes.

It's alot like I imagine eating a tough steak with no teeth.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I think I would give Woodbucks left testicle to have an audio recording of that marathon session. I know I would give Woody's right nut to hear the part when TT was is the room.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I think I would give Woodbucks left testicle to have an audio recording of that marathon session. I know I would give Woody's right nut to hear the part when TT was is the room.
    Did I sign a waiver for you to give my balls away?

If I did I 'officially' want to reneg on that offer....K!?

Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-15-2013 at 10:32 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://www.kenoshanews.com/sports/mu...470887861.html

Lots in this article that interesting from Packers’ president and CEO Mark Murphy's perspective including The Packers moving on without three of their most popular players with the loss of Jennings, Driver and Woodson. Also please check out the part dedicated to WR Randall Cobb... Cobb’s future bright

I wanted to tie a few things together ... RE: Favre and his possible (inevitable) re-union with the Green Bay Packers. That's been covered but maybe not exactly as I'm presenting here:

From the Link above:

What about Favre?

"The Packers took a step in the right direction in warming their icy relationship with Favre at the NFL awards program in February when the three-time MVP joined Rodgers at the podium to present Peyton Manning with the 2012 Comeback Player of the Year award.

“I thought it was a very good first step,” Murphy said.

“We’ve said we want to retire his number and get him back here. It’s got to be the right timing for both him and us. It’s a pretty significant honor and he deserves it. He was one of the greatest players, if not the greatest player, in the history of the organization.”

Favre, who has stated publicly he has no relationship with the Packers, is currently the offensive coordinator for Oak Grove High School in Hattiesburg, Miss."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/ta...me/mark-murphy

Please Read:

Aaron Rodgers cleans up for Packers, Favre

February, 5, 2013 ... By Kevin Seifert ... ESPN.com

Prior to that phone conversation, Rodgers and Favre hadn't spoken much since 2008 -- a distance I've always attributed to their distinctly different personalities as well as the inherent tension of a Hall of Fame succession. In the end, however, it was probably on Rodgers -- for lack of a better phrase -- to be the grown-up here. Favre wasn't likely to beg the Packers for forgiveness, and if Packers president Mark Murphy or general manager Ted Thompson have reached out to Favre, it has not been reported publicly.

"It didn't take a lot of coaxing for me to do it," Rodgers said. "I did want to sit and think about whether it was the right thing to do. I really feel very secure in my position with the team and feel good about the things that we've been able to accomplish in my five years as the starter, and feel good about the direction the organization is going in.

"Brett is two years removed from the game. He's going to obviously be in the Packers Hall of Fame. He'll get his number retired, and he'll be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in the next few years. It's important, I think, to make sure that he's recognized for all the accomplishments that he's achieved in our organization especially. He's still very dear to many of our fans for the things that he's done for the Packers on the field. You can never take that away." Fr. LINK immediately

Finally:

Brett Favre:Disappointment of losing led to retirement talk NFL.com

Published: April 13, 2013 at 01:58 a.m.

Updated: April 13, 2013 at 12:25 p.m

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...etirement-talk

"Favre's many will-he-or-won't he melodramas -- first with the Packers, later with the Minnesota Vikings -- made him the butt of nationwide jokes, and were taken as a sign of the future Pro Football Hall of Famer's selfishness, even diva mentality. According to ESPN's Jason Wilde, however, Favre said the exact opposite was true." Fr. LINK

See LINK above for Brett Favre's response to this.

" Favre also explained what it felt like when his career ended on a concussion suffered during a 2010 Vikings home game that had to be played outdoors at TFC Bank Stadium because of roof damage to the Metrodome. " Fr. LINK

See LINK above for Brett Favre's response to this.

Favre predictably was asked about a possible reunion with the Pack.

His answer:

"We'll do it one day."

Comment woodbuck27:

Mark Murphy and Ted Thompson.

The time when Brett Favre will become a first ballot HOFer isn't far away.

Please ... don't embarrass/taint the Legacy/History of all that's been the GREEN BAY PACKERS by procrastinating in terms of retiring Brett Favre's number and adding him and all he gave to the Green Bay Packers with a formal recognition and induction in the Packers HOF.

Get that done ASAP. Please 'just' do it !

GO PACKERS !
    For the record:

When I wrote the above on Tues. May 14, 2013... I wasn't aware of this:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...tired/2160603/

Comment woodbuck27:

I hope this gets done or Favre's jersey retired sometime this season.

PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-15-2013 at 11:47 PM.

I tried to post a LINK that didn't work.

Patler I have a file on all of this that covers alot of it and nothing I've read has it down in 'the almost log format' your posting. I'm not contending with your knowledge of it all. Maybe you put it together from newpaper reports. Otherwise you have source information and detail that's fascinating to me.

MM and Favre talks and breaks and resumption of talks..and more breaks and attempts successful or not to talk. That sort of detail. How did you come by such? The same with such talks and players Favre,TT,MM and Mark Murphy. When and where.

Is all that available to any Packer fan not living in the Green Bay Packer vicinity?

I've got something I wouldn't even post here because IMO it damns Ted Thompson as it finally went down or Favre was traded to the NY Jets. If in fact it's supported or THE TRUTH. That wouldn't matter to me as I'd be reluctant to release it anyway. So many here imagine that Ted Thompson is so very perfect.

Who am I to shatter such allusion.
    The Sunday, Monday and Tuesday summaries I posted were simply copied and pasted from a longer chronology that was printed in the GBPG:

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...range-5-months

Similar chronologies were printed by Yahoo Sports, JSO, NBC Sports and elsewhere.

Most of my information comes from JSO and the GBPG.

Do you fulfill every invitation you get?

I don't sometimes because of extenuating circumstances, higher priorities or any other good reason to have to decline.

Are you positive that with Brett Favre missing the Mike Holmgren ceremony that it wasn't just simply something like that pbmax?

PACKERS !
    Of course not. It could be he simply couldn't make it.

But since retirement, Brett has done interviews with local reporters in his hometown, Dallas and Minneapolis. He has appeared on National TV for interviews and game coverage. He has not made any local appearances that I am aware of. And we know he has turned down an invitation to Holmgren's HOF induction. He has been everywhere except Green Bay.

woodbuck your posts seems to indicate you think the process will move forward when the Packers contact Brett to begin setting dates. My read of the above is that Brett is not yet interested in setting a date. He doesn't seem interested in setting foot in Wisconsin. The Packers cannot provide this information publicly because it would look like poisoning fan sentiment against Favre.

But if you were the Packer's social secretary, would you send a person exhibiting this behavior an invitation to an event in their honor? I tend to doubt it. You would first want to be sure a date would work. And so far, Brett has been unavailable for Wisconsin.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Brett Favre has roots in the emigrant culture of Acadia, so the Canadian connection makes sense when one looks at his rare mix of talent and aberrant behavior. In an alternate timeline he could have screwed up his legacy as a very good hockey player.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Regarding Holmgren's Packer HOF induction. perhaps Favre was otherwise engaged and couldn't make it, but if that were the case it would have been the normal thing to make the conflict known. It would seem that Holmgren should have a special place with Favre, as there is probably no one more responsible for Favre becoming the QB he did than Holmgren was. I would have expected Favre to want to be there, and if he couldn't to offer a reason why (I do allow for the fact that it could have been a private reason).

Not conclusive in and of itself, or even close to it, but another tidbit of information contributing to my perception of the situation.

Once Ted is dead, Favre will be ready. Unless he dies first.

Like most human folly, this will be corrected when someone (whose initials are Brent Favre) has a brush with death or sees someone very close to him dying. Then all our grudges, our pride, our anger - is seen for what it is - human foolishness - and Favre will make overtures.

This is my prediction.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Regarding Holmgren's Packer HOF induction. perhaps Favre was otherwise engaged and couldn't make it, but if that were the case it would have been the normal thing to make the conflict known. It would seem that Holmgren should have a special place with Favre, as there is probably no one more responsible for Favre becoming the QB he did than Holmgren was. I would have expected Favre to want to be there, and if he couldn't to offer a reason why (I do allow for the fact that it could have been a private reason).

Not conclusive in and of itself, or even close to it, but another tidbit of information contributing to my perception of the situation.
    I tend to think it was a good thing Favre wasn't there in person. That was supposed to be Mike's day in the sun and if Brett would have showed up it would have been a freaking circus.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I tend to think it was a good thing Favre wasn't there in person. That was supposed to be Mike's day in the sun and if Brett would have showed up it would have been a freaking circus.
    That could very well be. But these things can be minimized. Or avoided entirely if he had poked his head up long enough for the initial media crush to dissipate before the event.

Its the fact that the process has not even begun makes me think he isn't ready for it to conclude.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    That could have been handled ahead of time with the media, and by Favre at the time he was there. Come in quietly through a back door, unannounced, etc. directly to his table. Leave slightly ahead of time. Meet the media off-site, if at all, etc.

Besides, Holmgren might have even enjoyed being the unifying factor between GB and Favre.

It's going to be a while. Maybe Bart Starr could help here, since he's the link between Favre adn Rodgers, both of them publicly having said Starr is the best ever, a class act, all of that.

But then again, it's less about Rodgers and Favre than it is about Favre and Thompson/McCarthy. Who could bridge that gap? Ron Wolf? Henry Kissinger?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Geriatric Rat All-Pro
    Bring in the expert

Senior Rat Veteran TravisWilliams23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

But then again, it's less about Rodgers and Favre than it is about Favre and Thompson/McCarthy. Who could bridge that gap? Ron Wolf? Henry Kissinger?
    I vote for Jenn Sterger. She knows all about gaps and could get Brett and Tom to come together.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisWilliams23 View Post
    I vote for Jenn Sterger. She knows all about gaps and could get Brett and Tom to come together.

Brings new meaning to dp around here.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Could we fake Ted's death and pretend like its over for him like Agent Coulson in the Avengers movie?

Then resurrect Ted in time for the 2014 draft like Coulson is coming back for the SHIELD TV show?

Tom? Clements?

She could get a lot of guys to come together.

KYPack