Page 488 of 563 FirstFirst ... 388 438 478 486 487 488 489 490 498 538 ... LastLast
Results 9,741 to 9,760 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I tend to think it was a good thing Favre wasn't there in person. That was supposed to be Mike's day in the sun and if Brett would have showed up it would have been a freaking circus.
    Why would it have been a circus? It's not held in Lambeau Field. It's held in the Atrium, attended by people who paid $135 per ticket. I don't think the type of people who attend Hall Of Fame Banquets are going to make a scene just because Favre is there.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Why would it have been a circus? It's not held in Lambeau Field. It's held in the Atrium, attended by people who paid $135 per ticket. I don't think the type of people who attend Hall Of Fame Banquets are going to make a scene just because Favre is there.
    Inside the room, no. But media coverage, interview requests and every Wolf, Holmgren or Harlan interview about Mike's moment would have become a Favre news story.

But there are ways around that if they were prepared to work together and plan it. They could have tried to keep it quiet, but that would have been the toughest method to pull off.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Inside the room, no. But media coverage, interview requests and every Wolf, Holmgren or Harlan interview about Mike's moment would have become a Favre news story.

But there are ways around that if they were prepared to work together and plan it. They could have tried to keep it quiet, but that would have been the toughest method to pull off.
    This.

It wouldn't have had to, if each simply made it known that they wouldn't answer Favre/Packers type questions, and then stuck to it for the day. Plenty of times for those questions days or weeks later.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have to agree with Puggers, no matter what it would have taken away from Holmgrens day in the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    All this talk about "healing" kind of cracks me up. I couldn't care less if the organization and Favre ever mend their fences or not. His legacy will be unchanged either way for me, and the organization will be neither less without him nor more if he returns.

He was entertaining while here, but has been gone a long time already, football-wise. I will not think less of him if he never shows up again in GB, nor more of him if he does. Same for the organization. What was done, was done and nothing in the future will change it for me.
    I've gone back into this thread to simply review some of the posts. Patler your reaction (above) is somehow fascinating to me. I mean totaly .... fascinating.

I mean your non plused one way or the other, in terms of any news RE: Brett Favre and his number being retired and/or his induction into the Packer HOF.

In my case I believe that these future events coming to fruition are vital in terms of Green Bay Packer history. That... in terms of how this story of FAVRE and PACKERS might play out in a negative context.

Specifically...If he should enter the NFL HOF as a first ballot candidate and at that time. NOT have his number retired and/or NOT been inducted into the Green Bay Packer HOF.

Then we would more that likely have a media circus frenzy in terms of accusations of 'sour grapes'. That accusation 'again' and like a recurring nightmare, pointed in two directions. At Favre and the Green Bay Packers. As a result the sick drama merely carrying on and forward... on and on and on...ad nauseum; and in my view, unacceptable.

Again ... and I adamantly express this concernn and one in which I am correct in taking.

a) That Brett Favre has to have his number retired.

b) Brett Favre must be inducted into the Green Bay Packer HOF >>> ASAP.

This priority must be a certain focus of Packer President and CEO Mark Murphy. Brett Favre has to also embrace the importance of getting this done.

This is so very important now.

PACKERS !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    I have to agree with Puggers, no matter what it would have taken away from Holmgrens day in the spotlight.
    I tend to agree.

Again ... Favre does the right thing.

So often as people we must do things that confuse those with busy minds. Life doesn't have to be confusing, if we simply remind ourselves to tend to our own affairs; as I'm postive Brett Favre endeavours to do.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I tend to agree.

Again ... Favre does the right thing.

So often as people we must do things that confuse those with busy minds. Life doesn't have to be confusing, if we simply remind ourselves to tend to our own affairs; as I'm postive Brett Favre endeavours to do.
    Yes, every once in a while he does.

bf knows 90% of the Packer fans can't stand him. why show up for boo-fest. hell, the Packers know this too. this is media driven...everyone wants an exclusive. the Packers contiue to take the high road whenever it's brought up to be politically correct. everyone pushing this needs to let it go. it'll be a fucking disaster. he pissed away his chance to be a beloved part of Packers history.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    bf knows 90% of the Packer fans can't stand him. why show up for boo-fest. hell, the Packers know this too. this is media driven...everyone wants an exclusive. the Packers contiue to take the high road whenever it's brought up to be politically correct. everyone pushing this needs to let it go. it'll be a fucking disaster. he pissed away his chance to be a beloved part of Packers history.
    Finally, someone who didn't buy a purple #4.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

I seem to remember you were a big Favre fan. It's still a little strange to see how final the divorce was. I'd like to think he could come back and be celebrated for his play. There have been other Packer greats to move on (Lombardi, Reggie, others.) The way it went down with Favre though, he tried to hurt the Packers. It was a real grudge match, one I don't think people can ever really forget. He's going to be remembered more as Favre, the individual, and less as Favre, a part of the Packers. Honestly, I think that's how he conducted his business too. It's probably the most "real" way to remember him.

As a person who wasn't a big fan of Favre, the teammate or Favre, the person, I'm glad his true colors showed. I think praising him like Starr or even Rodgers, takes away from those who do it the right way.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Do you guys think the Packers are feigning interest just to placate the fans of Favre that remain?

Because while I am sure, right now, there would be boos, a reconciliation would not be tough if Brett wanted it. He pretty charming and persuasive and could sell it easily in state. At least I believe that to be the case.

Haven't thought much about the Packers being ambivalent about it. If Favre is committed, its a pretty big marketing win.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Do you guys think the Packers are feigning interest just to placate the fans of Favre that remain?

Because while I am sure, right now, there would be boos, a reconciliation would not be tough if Brett wanted it. He pretty charming and persuasive and could sell it easily in state. At least I believe that to be the case.

Haven't thought much about the Packers being ambivalent about it. If Favre is committed, its a pretty big marketing win.
    No, I truly think they want to honor Favre and all he did for the franchise. It is clearly in BF's court what happens next.

I think bringing Favre back into the fold is easily done as long as Favre does two things.

First he has to say the right things a few times. He doesn't owe apologies or explanations. He just has to say a few nice things about the Packers. Then he has to pick the right opportunities to make a few public appearances for the team. Showing up to honor another player from his era is one way. Helping to celebrate Lombardi's 100th birthday in June would be a good way, but he hasn't done the "saying nice things" groundwork necessary just yet. The Favre/Rodgers connection with the award for Manning was a hopeful start, but nothing has happened since.

Not that it concerns me, but if Favre would like a happy reunion he simply needs to slide back onto the scene quietly. Come to a golf outing. Show up on Monday night football and root for the Packers. Frankly, I don't think he can do those things so he won't do those things. Most people, the happy, drop negative feelings and move on. Packer nation will boo the beejeezus out of him if he just shows up one, two, five years from now to retire a jersey. Packer nation will receive him warmly if he spends a few months making nice.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I seem to remember you were a big Favre fan. It's still a little strange to see how final the divorce was. I'd like to think he could come back and be celebrated for his play. There have been other Packer greats to move on (Lombardi, Reggie, others.) The way it went down with Favre though, he tried to hurt the Packers. It was a real grudge match, one I don't think people can ever really forget. He's going to be remembered more as Favre, the individual, and less as Favre, a part of the Packers. Honestly, I think that's how he conducted his business too. It's probably the most "real" way to remember him.

As a person who wasn't a big fan of Favre, the teammate or Favre, the person, I'm glad his true colors showed. I think praising him like Starr or even Rodgers, takes away from those who do it the right way.

Speaking of former fans.......I have a few G of Favre signed stuff still in my house. If I could just get the cost for all of it I'd sell it in a second.

Cheers,
    B
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Geriatric Rat All-Pro
    I think bringing Favre back into the fold is easily done as long as Favre does two things.

First he has to say the right things a few times. He doesn't owe apologies or explanations. He just has to say a few nice things about the Packers. Then he has to pick the right opportunities to make a few public appearances for the team. Showing up to honor another player from his era is one way. Helping to celebrate Lombardi's 100th birthday in June would be a good way, but he hasn't done the "saying nice things" groundwork necessary just yet. The Favre/Rodgers connection with the award for Manning was a hopeful start, but nothing has happened since.

Not that it concerns me, but if Favre would like a happy reunion he simply needs to slide back onto the scene quietly. Come to a golf outing. Show up on Monday night football and root for the Packers. Frankly, I don't think he can do those things so he won't do those things. Most people, the happy, drop negative feelings and move on. Packer nation will boo the beejeezus out of him if he just shows up one, two, five years from now to retire a jersey. Packer nation will receive him warmly if he spends a few months making nice.

you would think then that it wouldn't take but a little similar happy talk coming from the other direction to move forward the reconciliation, like Ted Thompson saying "We had our differences and difficult times, but Brett Favre was a great competitor and great player for this organization."

Otherwise, you can see decades of animosity on the horizon a la Terry Bradshaw and the Steelers.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleft Crusty View Post
    you would think then that it wouldn't take but a little similar happy talk coming from the other direction to move forward the reconciliation, like Ted Thompson saying "We had our differences and difficult times, but Brett Favre was a great competitor and great player for this organization."

Otherwise, you can see decades of animosity on the horizon a la Terry Bradshaw and the Steelers.
    Well.... TT and Murphy tried to retire his number once already.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Cleft Crusty View Post

They shipped him his goddam locker you crazy old inkstained, saddle sore gym rat. Do you know how much that cost? Neither do I, but it was a lot I'll bet. If Ted hasn't been inviting Brett places it is an oversight, pure and simple. You know how careless Ted and Mark can be with the little details. One will be like hey did you invite Brett and the other one will be like pretty sure I did maybe so they probably have invited him and called him lots of times and maybe they even Skype and Ted will be all hey Brett and Brett will drop trou and that conversation would be over.

Tell you what I'll do. I'll take a note to Brett saying Ted feels really bad and he really still likes you do you still like him? How much security can there be on a tree farm in Missifuckingsippi?

I've been under a lot of stress lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    No, I truly think they want to honor Favre and all he did for the franchise. It is clearly in BF's court what happens next.
    Yes it's right there IMO.

This take that the fans will boo Favre is simply 'sour grapes'. Favre will have his day for all he did as a Green Bay Packer and not for what he did after the Packers made up their collective minds that he must retire and when that didn't work trade him.

This hate Favre thing because of anything he did when the Packers pushed him aside is clear nonsense. The hate mongers are difficult to put to bed. Their demonstrations locate their weakness. So what if some Packer fans 'the idiots' boo him on a commerative day he truly deserves. Their boos will be drowned out by the vast majority that realize the importance of that day in Packer history.