Results 9,761 to 9,780 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Good ole bert can't remember things anymore

too many shots to the head

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...0503--nfl.html
    This one excerpt from Favre's radio interview is all over the Internet now. It fits so nicely with the latest cause celebre campaign from the activists posing as journalists in Sports media today ("Darn it! If only we could get Brett to say that the 'Redskins' moniker was racist. We'll get him to admit it next time!").

Count me skeptical if Favre is the go-to spokesman for player safety. Favre's field play speaks for itself but his character is of a diva, drama queen whose favorite topic is himself. If it kept the spotlight on him, I think he'd willingly play along with today’s cause-driven journalists that are convinced that "this much is clear; we may just now be getting a glimpse of the true impact of decades of previously unspoken-about head injuries."

Uh, yeah, you get that information with medical advances.

You also get that every player that stepped on the field realized he could be hurt and made the choice to do so AFTER putting on protective equipment. Was it adequate enough with the knowledge at that time? Maybe or maybe not. That's worthy of debate.

What's not debatable is that athletes CHOSE to play a sport for money. They decided to put their bodies at risk and they are responsible for their decision. And due to material science progress, if better protective equipment exists today that didn’t exist decades ago, it doesn’t make those players VICTIMS simply because they did not have access to it.

As for Favre's memory, it seemed to be good with pretty girls and their phone numbers. Hello? If his memory is so now impaired do you think he’d be calling the offensive plays for his local high school team?

My guess is that Brett doesn’t remember his girl’s high school games because he was joking around and jawing the whole time. Far-fetched, right? Distracted people forget lots of things. Ever get a phone call while driving? It’s impossible to stay actively focused on everything at once. That slow car in front of you that you change lanes to pass? Yeah, he or she was talking on the phone.

No doubt, Favre’s previous injuries related to his choice of professions will affect him as he ages but if he were not a VERY healthy 44-year old the Rams would never have considered having him as their QB. That’s just reality.
    Last edited by Kiwon; 10-25-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Now the Rams are saying they were just joking when they reached out for Favre's services!!!? Comedy

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I told you guys I'm just the farmhand here. The patron will be back someday but for now I am to tend to the farm and it's animals.

Maybe Favre will say he doesn't remember having ever played for the Vikings.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Maybe Favre will say he doesn't remember having ever played for the Vikings.
    maybe he'll blame the whole vikings episode on concussions

why else would anyone willing go there to play?

maybe he'll blame the whole vikings episode on concussions

why else would anyone willing go there to play?
    They could be brainwashed. Or Minneapolis could have more than one Applebee's. Or they could think the Vikings have a better placekick holder.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Man, was this the wrong thread to mis-post to.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Throwing Red Flags All Over McCarthy's Lawn
    Man..I was the biggest Favre fan growing up..seeing all his games..the successes and failures. It took Snake a bit to come to grips with ARod as the starter but man that dude is the man..and I couldn't be happier. It's sad to see Favre look like this:

As he looks like this:

But really has acted like Hulk Hogan being out the spotlight for so long and needing media attention:

Snake's Twitter comments would be LEGENDARY.........if I was ugly or gave a shit about Twitter.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Love this thread.
    C.H.U.D.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

SOLDIER!

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Love this thread.
    I will say this... it is a fantastic inside look at the process that a dedicated fanbase goes through when a team gets rid of a popular player. The angst, the emotion, the infighting -- it's all captured in these pages.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I will say this... it is a fantastic inside look at the process that a dedicated fanbase goes through when a team gets rid of a popular player. The angst, the emotion, the infighting -- it's all captured in these pages.
    Maybe one day it will fill a book. I'm guessing this thread will die in like 10 years when Rodgers meets his future replacement.

I miss Mobb......
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    I miss Mobb......
    There were some really good posters back in the day. Speaking of which, has Rand left?

Im thinking Luck will wind up being better than Favre, maybe Montana too!

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous View Post
    Im thinking Luck will wind up being better than Favre, maybe Montana too!
    but we do all agree he has some inbred in him right?

i mean, people with normal non brother-sister parents just don't talk like that

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time" Max McGee

HAHAHAHA