Page 490 of 563 FirstFirst ... 390 440 480 488 489 490 491 492 500 540 ... LastLast
Results 9,781 to 9,800 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

In woodbuck's alternate ice fishing history, what would have happened if Aaron Rodgers had been picked by the 49ers?

Would the Packer Trilateral Commission still have decided to end Brett Favre's career with Alex Smith?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    In woodbuck's alternate ice fishing history, what would have happened if Aaron Rodgers had been picked by the 49ers?

Would the Packer Trilateral Commission still have decided to end Brett Favre's career with Alex Smith?
    It just turned out that Aaron Rodgers was there to be picked by Ted Thompson. That Aaron Rodgers fell in that draft and Ted Thompson scooped him up. That wasn't any stroke of genius on Thompson's part. Simply a smart move to pick what fell to him.

As for Aaron Rodgers taking over for Brett Favre after he had a near MVP season and (arguably) his best season ever. That came about because otherwise Aaron Rodgers would have more that likely exercises his option as a Free Agent and left the Green Bay Packers; and he was determined ready to succeed Brett Favre.

It came down to a simple matter of the right timing and a move for the future of the Green Bay Packers at Brett Favre's expense.

GO PACKERS !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Woodbuck, you do realize you spent this entire draft bitching about us not drafting for need, right? Drafting AR was drafting for down the road (exactly what you and wist were bitching about ad nauseum.) Maybe TT's wasn't very smart there, but if that's the case, that would make you very stupid, because in contrast to you, Ted believes the draft is for the future of the team, not right now. As such, he doesn't tend to make desperation mistakes.

You have to pick a side, man.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I really need to have this in a constant copy and paste for replies to you

Calling Matt Millen and giving him insight into the Packer offense
    Blocking off hotel rooms in GB the weekend of the GB/MIN game while still under contract with the Jets
    Telling Urlacher to beat the Packers and keep them out of the playoffs

Yes yes...nothing to see here

Do you tell your children and/or grandchildren this stuff !?

Look up the meaning of the word 'enlightenment'.

When Lambeau field will be shaken with the 'LOUDEST' Cheering of Packer fans for the outstanding career and accomplishments of Brett Favre as a Green Bay Packer, someday very soon.

Where will you be with you derisions? Where will you be with your pettiness. Where will you be with your 'much to do about nothings' Vs all that Brett Favre gave to appreciative Packer fans? Packer fans that see 'the simple' TRUTH.

Ask yourself that as I don't care to know.

PACKERS!
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Woodbuck, you do realize you spent this entire draft bitching about us not drafting for need, right? Drafting AR was drafting for down the road (exactly what you and wist were bitching about ad nauseum.) Maybe TT's wasn't very smart there, but if that's the case, that would make you very stupid, because in contrast to you, Ted believes the draft is for the future of the team, not right now. As such, he doesn't tend to make desperation mistakes.

You have to pick a side, man.
    First of all I wasn't bitching about anything. I was at a total loss as to what Ted Thompson and his Draft Team was doing that correlated with anything approaching certain sense.

I was simply disappointed that TT didn't exercise an option to use his third round pick or #88 overall. There were prospects available at #88 overall that some here felt were certainly viable choices. I was one of those Packer fans that wished that TT had picked at #88.

Secondly... I was most upset that TT traded down 2X with the San Fran 49ers. That and using the trade value chart (TVC) as I 'only' knew that at the time. That those two moves were compounded as wrong from my view, as a Packer fan, in the value of the return that TT secured for those two consecutive trades. That being grossly insubstantial.

This was subsequently cleared up. As 'in fact' TT and the San Fran 49ers had employed a different TVC than the 'only' one I was in possession of. On that issue...I was 'in fact' active in this determination and follow-up. I 'in fact' admitted to my ignorance, as the details were pursued; and I was enlightened. I admitted later that 'in fact' TT secured fair trade value for those two trades with the 49ers.

GO PACK GO !

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Do you tell your children and/or grandchildren this stuff !?

Look up the meaning of the word 'enlightenment'.

When Lambeau field will be shaken with the 'LOUDEST' Cheering of Packer fans for the outstanding career and accomplishments of Brett Favre as a Green Bay Packer, someday very soon.

Where will you be with you derisions? Where will you be with your pettiness. Where will you be with your 'much to do about nothings' Vs all that Brett Favre gave to appreciative Packer fans? Packer fans that see 'the simple' TRUTH.

Ask yourself that as I don't care to know.

PACKERS!
    Actually I am in favor of Favre getting his number retired and look forward to the day. Do not confuse having a firm grasp of what occurred in the past and being able to get past it with derision's and pettiness. I am able to acknowledge both his accomplishments and his negatives.
    Go PACK

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I'll be among the thousands of detractors in the stands yelling "Boooooooooooobs"
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I'll be among the thousands of detractors in the stands yelling "Boooooooooooobs"
    At the breast that ever was? Shame.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Actually I am in favor of Favre getting his number retired and look forward to the day. Do not confuse having a firm grasp of what occurred in the past and being able to get past it with derision's and pettiness. I am able to acknowledge both his accomplishments and his negatives.
    This +1

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    +1

It's amazing how certain people on this board give BF a complete pass on what happened.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Cleft Crusty View Post
    Charming. That's quite a spin you're putting on this story.
    I found it pretty strange.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    It just turned out that Aaron Rodgers was there to be picked by Ted Thompson. That Aaron Rodgers fell in that draft and Ted Thompson scooped him up. That wasn't any stroke of genius on Thompson's part. Simply a smart move to pick what fell to him.

As for Aaron Rodgers taking over for Brett Favre after he had a near MVP season and (arguably) his best season ever. That came about because otherwise Aaron Rodgers would have more that likely exercises his option as a Free Agent and left the Green Bay Packers; and he was determined ready to succeed Brett Favre.

It came down to a simple matter of the right timing and a move for the future of the Green Bay Packers at Brett Favre's expense.

GO PACKERS !
    OK. So the ice fishing story was what you imagined happening at the time, because of the team's (and possibly your) disillusionment? Disillusionment that passed when Favre regained his mojo in 2007?

Do I have a bead on it now?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Woody, It's harder to take you as serious when you say TT lucked into AR and that it was a no-brainer.

In hindsight, it was. Clay was a no-brainer, Jennings, Rodgers, Collins, Woodson in UFA, Cobb, and many others. They're all no brainers in hind-sight. The last truly no-brainer pick I remember was Joe Thomas. I think everyone knew he was great.

TT passed up Haloti Ngata to draft AJ Hawk. If Hawk is a great player, we all sit here and call it a no-brainer.

Almost nothing is a no-brainer in the draft. Every pick, no matter how high, can be a bust. Any QB picked in the 24 slot is not a no-brainer. If it were, he'd have been the #1 pick. McCarthy knows a hell of a lot about QB play and he passed on AR.

I like your posts, but man, over time, TT must be the luckiest GM in football. We keep winning games on pure luck. That's just not true, man.

Rodgers talks with Rome about wanting a reconciliation with Favre. Favre comments start at about 05:30.

http://jimrome.com/2013/05/22/aaron-rodgers/
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Rodgers talks with Rome about wanting a reconciliation with Favre. Favre comments start at about 05:30.

http://jimrome.com/2013/05/22/aaron-rodgers/

I heard that today. Rodgers is a tone-setter for work ethic. I do think it's important for your highest paid player to be your hardest worker and your tone setter. It would be very hard to ask a lot out of everyone else if the #1 paid player isn't doing it too.

Low Profile Rat Starter
    Which three players are the Packer going to have to send to Mississippi to talk Bert into coming to Green Bay? Do you suppose Chilly will be available to pick him up at the airport?

Quote Originally Posted by LP View Post
    Which three players are the Packer going to have to send to Mississippi to talk Bert into coming to Green Bay? Do you suppose Chilly will be available to pick him up at the airport?
    LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Woody, It's harder to take you as serious when you say TT lucked into AR and that it was a no-brainer.
    It also means that something close to 23 GMs have no brains.

Well said Joe.... Rah ! Rah !! Rah !!!

Ohh shame on me. I imagined I had you set up for the Pro Brett Favre post of my lifetime.

Damn !

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Ahh yes...Deanna will be there with Brett. She's certainly a sight for the eyes of men and foolish hearts.

but .... is that respectful to your wife...girlfriend?
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-22-2013 at 08:25 PM.