Page 496 of 563 FirstFirst ... 396 446 486 494 495 496 497 498 506 546 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,920 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Good lord. Woodbuck here believes BF was forced to retire. Nonsense! If MM and TT thought he couldn't play anymore they wouldn't have gave a damn if he played for a divisional rival. Had Favre not retired after the 2007 season I truly believe he would have been our starter. But once he did retire and held that teary press conference MM went full speed ahead with Rodgers and never looked back. Back then the Jets were not the mess they are today. Brett showed he could still play and performed well until he got hurt. Heck, they were headed for the playoffs before he injured his shoulder. He then pretended to retire again. The reason I say 'pretend' is he asked NY to give him his release. Retired players do not make this kind of a request. It was plain he wanted out of that contract so he could go to the place he wanted to go all along - MN - so he could stick it to the franchise that made him a multimillionaire. He got his wish and joined the Vikes but tossed yet another INT and screwed the queens out of a SB berth and Rodgers played lights out a year later and won it all. I think we got the better end of this deal. BTW, I believe MM was the driving force behind wanting Favre to stay retired more than TT ever was.
    What are you posting?

I didn't 'think happen' what didn't happen Pugger. Brett Favre didn't retire in 2008.

Brett Favre played the 2008 season with the New York Jets. The 2009-10 seasons with the Minnesota Vikings.

Brett Favre retired following the 2010 season.

Did Brett Favre feel that the Green Bay Packers wanted him to retire in the 2008 Off season?

You'd have to be a Packer fan, lost on some remote island, with no outside communication since the Green Bay Packers NFC Championship loss to the New York GIANTS, to not know that was the 'exact case' Pugger. You pay better attention than to get that one confused in your long term memory Pugger.

Ahh that terrible Packer loss to the soon to become Super Bowl champion New York GIANTS. Brett Favre was so bad in that loss.

Mike McCarthy did a fine job of preparing his team for that game given the frigid Winter conditions that week. Yet... Brett Favre was 'the fall guy' and Mike McCarthy ducks another one. I can see the hand shake between TT and MM now.

After that loss to the GIANTS. Did a majority of Green Bay Packer fans; given Favre's incredible season expect what it would all come too? That 2007 ... a season where Brett Favre led his team as it's MVP to a 13-3 record, and an NFC Championship game. A season where 'only' one other NFL player was considered more valuable to his team by the AP.... would be Brett Favre's last as a Green Bay Packer?

Let's Re-cap that game:

The Green Bay Packers were defeated by the New York Giants at Lambeau Field in OT by a 23-20 score. Game time Temp. -1 °F (−20° to −40 °F (−40 °C) windchill factor) Really really cold. As a matter of fact it's being described as the 3rd coldest game in NFL history.

In that game Brett 'Bad Boy' Favre extended his NFL record to 18 straight playoff games with at least one touchdown pass. It came on a 90 yard touchdown throw to Donald Driver, the longest playoff pass in Packers team historyat that time. The 'Bad Boy' had more records in that game. His team lost that game by a FG. Brett Favre felt 'just' sick over that heartbreaking loss.

This would also be the final game in Brett Favre's legendary career as a Green Bay Packer.

Some time that summer did Brett Favre feel any pressure to retire by the Green Bay Packers?

You bet your Jammers he did. Let's not get really silly/stupid and there on that 'no question'. PLEASE.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3486775

Here's just a taste of that TRUTH Pugger and it's from Brett Favre himself:

MILWAUKEE --

Brett Favre finally is speaking for himself:

He wants to play but doesn't feel welcome in Green Bay, so he's asking to be released.

The quarterback's first substantial comments about his latest retirement decision reversal came in a Monday interview with Fox News on "On the Record with Greta Van Susteren."

"OK, you guys have a different path, fine," Favre said, recalling a June 20 conversation with Packers coach Mike McCarthy. "What does that mean for me? So that means either you give me my helmet, welcome [me] back, or release me, or attempt to trade me. We all know that's a possibility, but way-out-there possibility.

"And he says, 'Well, playing here is not an option, but we can't envision you playing with another team, you know, either.'

And I thought, so basically, I'm not playing for anyone if I choose to come back."

and later in this interview:

"Favre said he was "never fully committed" to retiring and felt pressured by the Packers to make a decision..."

This is Brett Favre and he damn near knocked himself out in that 2007 season Packer fans. He was as I posted before exhausted...nearly if not entirely burnt out. If it took retirement talk 'again' to satisfy inquisitive minds; so be it. If anyone who knew Brett Favre believed that was true after the season he had in 2007. They havn't been paying close attention to Brett Favre.

Brett Favre was definitely going to come back after an enormous 2007 season. Just not with the Green Bay Packers that had to concede to the man waiting in the wings:

Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers FUTURE not Brett Favre.

GO PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-24-2013 at 06:18 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Shit, Packerblues and WB sticking up for Favre? If we can get Mobb Deep and Pacopete back this will REALLY be a party. DAYUM!!
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Woodbuck;

I was mistaken about one thing. Favre's meeting with MM extended over two days.

Here is an article about MM's thinking before the meetings:
    http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...terstitialskip

and a timeline from the GBPG:

Sunday: Favre flies to Green Bay at the same time the Packers are having their Family Night scrimmage. He’s greeted at the airport by cheering fans.

Monday: NFL commissioner Roger Goodell reinstates Favre, and the Packers add him to the 80-man roster. McCarthy is scheduled to meet with Favre, then address the team, then address the media. However, his meeting with Favre extends to roughly 4 hours — Thompson also meets with Favre — and the team meeting and media conference are canceled. Goodell also rules the Vikings didn't tamper with Favre.

Tuesday: Favre and McCarthy meet again at Lambeau Field. Then, Favre, Thompson, Murphy and others meet at Favre’s home in Ashwaubenon. McCarthy indicates Favre’s mindset isn’t right for him to rejoin the team, but says he plans to speak to Favre again in the evening.
    Patler:

I failed to thank you for this info. I've spent the last while simply reviewing it all. My file is huge. Such a lot of needless garbage if brighter minds had prevailed.

Someday this issue to 'no issue' will be essentially forgotten as Brett Favre will be remembered for the truly great NFL QB that he was.

Right now it's again 'a hot button' topic of discussion. One that I hope we can all handle with some common decency. Of course ... there will be at least one very obvious, yet insignificant responder toss his 1 cents worth in as that about all he can muster.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau