Page 497 of 563 FirstFirst ... 397 447 487 495 496 497 498 499 507 547 ... LastLast
Results 9,921 to 9,940 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Why do I get the feeling SC's file is as thick as Woodbuck's?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Good lord. Woodbuck here believes BF was forced to retire. Nonsense! If MM and TT thought he couldn't play anymore they wouldn't have gave a damn if he played for a divisional rival. Had Favre not retired after the 2007 season I truly believe he would have been our starter. But once he did retire and held that teary press conference MM went full speed ahead with Rodgers and never looked back. Back then the Jets were not the mess they are today. Brett showed he could still play and performed well until he got hurt. Heck, they were headed for the playoffs before he injured his shoulder. He then pretended to retire again. The reason I say 'pretend' is he asked NY to give him his release. Retired players do not make this kind of a request. It was plain he wanted out of that contract so he could go to the place he wanted to go all along - MN - so he could stick it to the franchise that made him a multimillionaire. He got his wish and joined the Vikes but tossed yet another INT and screwed the queens out of a SB berth and Rodgers played lights out a year later and won it all. I think we got the better end of this deal. BTW, I believe MM was the driving force behind wanting Favre to stay retired more than TT ever was.
    Pugger... Maybe you didn't ever read this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3561440

Jets' Favre says Green Bay told him he couldn't be a Packer

Updated: August 30, 2008, 8:13 PM ET

Associated Press

a) " Favre couldn't say the same of his choice to walk away from the game a few weeks after losing the NFC championship game against the New York Giants.

"I knew I wanted to play," the 38-year-old quarterback said. "Everyday I would wake up and say, 'Boy, I'd like to play.' At some point in the day, I'd go, 'Ahh, I don't know.' With each day that passed, I got more and more committed to do it, and that was all I was looking for from Day 1.

"As time passed by, I said, 'You know, I've still got the fire.'" ..."
    FR, LINK

b) " During the weeks leading to his retirement, Favre said Packers coach Mike McCarthy told him that the team wanted to know what his plans were for this season. Favre had waffled between playing and retiring several times during the previous few offseasons.

"The day I told McCarthy I was going to retire, he said, 'Are you sure?'" Favre recalled. "I said, 'No, I'm not sure, but you want an answer and I'm giving you an answer: I'm not sure.'"

Favre told McCarthy he felt a pull to play but, after 17 seasons, wasn't sure he still had the desire to go through minicamp, OTAs, training camp and other workouts."
    Fr, LINK

c) "Favre said he spoke to Packers' general manager Ted Thompson only once during the process, the day after the NFL draft in April.

"I always liked Ted and I don't want to say I dislike him now," he said. "I'm disappointed."

Thompson flew to Favre's Mississippi home, and the quarterback thought the general manager was there to ask him to come back. Instead, Thompson told him that the team was going to do something special for him: dismantle his locker and send it to him.

"That was the craziest thing I ever heard of," Favre said.

"What the hell am I going to do with a locker anyway? So, I said, 'OK, Ted, that's great.'"

Thompson left shortly after the conversation, but not before Favre told him he might have reservations about retiring. "

Ohh well Brett... look at it on the bright side even as crazy as it was.

At least you were offered a locker. That's a lot more that some people ever get following a divorce.

PACKERS !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Way to go Scott !

Keep on a truckin' that silly trash on this thread..

Yea yea yeaaaa!

Maybe before this night is over the 'Brett Favre thread' will gallop all the way to 10,000 posts.

Your da man Scott.

GO ! GO !! GO !!! Scott Campbell.

I've always know this:

Once you get started there's 'no stopping you'.

Are you seeing your doctor Scott?
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-24-2013 at 07:34 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau