Page 499 of 563 FirstFirst ... 399 449 489 497 498 499 500 501 509 549 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,980 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Not at all. For instance if you were an 'NFL GM' who built a superbowl winning team a couple of years ago you still deserve 'a pineapple shoved up your ass' if you were to trade down twice with the 49ers (your 5th or 6th most hated rival). You see its ok to hold double standards when dealing with Brett Favre. He transcends both sports, legend, the institution of marriage, and even morality itself. He is bigger than any franchise even the oldest and most storied franchise. As a 'player' he has EARNED the right to waffle on retirement, and any franchise foolish enough to throwaway his immense gunslinging 'talent' in favor of younger QB will justly suffer his wrath to the tune of a career year with their 2nd biggest rival. Not even hindsight could justify such blasphemy, not even if said younger QB were to win a superbowl, an mvp, and fuck it, a superbowl mvp could such a move be justified. Furthermore, breathing life into the slanderous fictions of the media that suggest Brett Favre is anything more than a 'man' of impeccable character is grounds for those who know 'THE TRUTH' to act as if personally attacked. What is 'wrong' with you?

GO CROCS GO!
    Your use of irony quotes is far too normal .
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    What are you posting?

I didn't 'think happen' what didn't happen Pugger. Brett Favre didn't retire in 2008.

Brett Favre played the 2008 season with the New York Jets. The 2009-10 seasons with the Minnesota Vikings.

Brett Favre retired following the 2010 season.

Did Brett Favre feel that the Green Bay Packers wanted him to retire in the 2008 Off season?

You'd have to be a Packer fan, lost on some remote island, with no outside communication since the Green Bay Packers NFC Championship loss to the New York GIANTS, to not know that was the 'exact case' Pugger. You pay better attention than to get that one confused in your long term memory Pugger.

Ahh that terrible Packer loss to the soon to become Super Bowl champion New York GIANTS. Brett Favre was so bad in that loss.

Mike McCarthy did a fine job of preparing his team for that game given the frigid Winter conditions that week. Yet... Brett Favre was 'the fall guy' and Mike McCarthy ducks another one. I can see the hand shake between TT and MM now.

After that loss to the GIANTS. Did a majority of Green Bay Packer fans; given Favre's incredible season expect what it would all come too? That 2007 ... a season where Brett Favre led his team as it's MVP to a 13-3 record, and an NFC Championship game. A season where 'only' one other NFL player was considered more valuable to his team by the AP.... would be Brett Favre's last as a Green Bay Packer?

Let's Re-cap that game:

The Green Bay Packers were defeated by the New York Giants at Lambeau Field in OT by a 23-20 score. Game time Temp. -1 °F (−20° to −40 °F (−40 °C) windchill factor) Really really cold. As a matter of fact it's being described as the 3rd coldest game in NFL history.

In that game Brett 'Bad Boy' Favre extended his NFL record to 18 straight playoff games with at least one touchdown pass. It came on a 90 yard touchdown throw to Donald Driver, the longest playoff pass in Packers team historyat that time. The 'Bad Boy' had more records in that game. His team lost that game by a FG. Brett Favre felt 'just' sick over that heartbreaking loss.

This would also be the final game in Brett Favre's legendary career as a Green Bay Packer.

Some time that summer did Brett Favre feel any pressure to retire by the Green Bay Packers?

You bet your Jammers he did. Let's not get really silly/stupid and there on that 'no question'. PLEASE.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3486775

Here's just a taste of that TRUTH Pugger and it's from Brett Favre himself:

MILWAUKEE --

Brett Favre finally is speaking for himself:

He wants to play but doesn't feel welcome in Green Bay, so he's asking to be released.

The quarterback's first substantial comments about his latest retirement decision reversal came in a Monday interview with Fox News on "On the Record with Greta Van Susteren."

"OK, you guys have a different path, fine," Favre said, recalling a June 20 conversation with Packers coach Mike McCarthy. "What does that mean for me? So that means either you give me my helmet, welcome [me] back, or release me, or attempt to trade me. We all know that's a possibility, but way-out-there possibility.

"And he says, 'Well, playing here is not an option, but we can't envision you playing with another team, you know, either.'

And I thought, so basically, I'm not playing for anyone if I choose to come back."

and later in this interview:

"Favre said he was "never fully committed" to retiring and felt pressured by the Packers to make a decision..."

This is Brett Favre and he damn near knocked himself out in that 2007 season Packer fans. He was as I posted before exhausted...nearly if not entirely burnt out. If it took retirement talk 'again' to satisfy inquisitive minds; so be it. If anyone who knew Brett Favre believed that was true after the season he had in 2007. They havn't been paying close attention to Brett Favre.

Brett Favre was definitely going to come back after an enormous 2007 season. Just not with the Green Bay Packers that had to concede to the man waiting in the wings:

Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers FUTURE not Brett Favre.

GO PACKERS !
    If Favre didn't retire in 2008 what in the hell was that press conference all about? If you don't think he retired then that PC was a fake and a lie. Don't come back with "he played again in NY and MN." Nobody knew for sure if he was gonna play again. TT and company aren't that clairvoyant. If you want to believe Favre got screwed over by the Packers then fine, go ahead and keep that fantasy. IMO it was Favre who initiated the entire mess by retiring in the first place. He didn't have to go anywhere. Had he just kept his yap shut and returned in 2008 he would have been our starter. The real question you have to ask yourself is why did he leave a team that just weeks ago was on the cusp of the Super Bowl unless he felt he couldn't keep Rodgers in his place as his backup?
    Last edited by Pugger; 05-25-2013 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Brett Favre made it to ..... the Super Bowl with his Packer team..... ahhhhhhh ....two....times.
    And lost one of 'em. Rodgers is still in his prime. Let's see if he can return to the big game again before we go there.