Page 504 of 563 FirstFirst ... 4 404 454 494 502 503 504 505 506 514 554 ... LastLast
Results 10,061 to 10,080 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

I don't know if it will happen. Favre pulled himself away from the team and into his own rare-air slowly but surely over many years. He's painting himself in a corner I don't know that he'll ever have the courage to get out of. He's going to take some boos, some anger, some things he never had in 15 years in GB. But if he takes them with grace, they will go away and he'd be a better person for the experience. He'd be right back in with the fans and people would love him for who he is, for what he's been through, even though he can't play a lick of football anymore.

Nothing he's done is so awful, people can't connect to him. Everyone has said/done things out of hurt/anger they regret. If he stood up and talked about how hard it was to no longer be needed like he once was, to let go of the things that he had in Green Bay, he'd be accepted almost immediately. He doesn't see it that way though. He sees it like he was attacked, spit on, abandoned by the team he gave everything too. NFL teams have immense pressure to win. The Packers stayed with Favre because it benefited them. That's the cold, hard truth. If he wasn't a great player, he would have been gone a long time before he was. It had nothing to do with Favre the person, only Favre the player.

I imagine leaving football is a hard thing to do. So much of what these players have in their lives (especially the star players) is had only because they perform. Imagine the pressure. Imagine how it must feel when it all ends, when the money, fame, glory disappears and the NFL goes on without you, like you were never there. Imagine all you have are records, that are bound to fall some day. Imagine what it must be like to watch the team you believed needed you goes on and wins a SB while you're still barely hanging on in the league. Imagine enough people can't stand you that it fills a stadium with relentless boos when you step on the field. Imagine this was the same stadium that loved you, seemingly unconditionally, through drug addiction and affairs. They loved you no matter how big the interception or how uncommitted the offseason. Imagine what it must be like to realize you were only there because you were good at football and that it's gone now. Imagine what it must be like to be unable to do anything else well enough to ever have that kind of attention again. I suppose it's not as hard for us, we'll never have any of it. But if you had it, I'll bet losing it would be very hard.

Favre has a lot of things to come to grips with and you hope it happens. Who the hell knows though, he hasn't shown a sign (so far) that he can accept his place in the world. He hasn't shown the ability to move on from football and grow as a person. I wish him the best, but the rest of his life is looking like a big train-wreck of bitterness and isolation. I hope not, but fuck, as fun as it was to watch him play football, it's equally tragic to watch him move on from football.

I know he used to travel with his own personal priest. Hopefully he's still working with people like that to heal and grow. Back then, I think it was because the pressure he put on himself was so great, he needed it just to get by. Now, I think he's going to need help to adjust to life, and to get out of life everything he deserves. He deserves to let go of whatever he's hanging onto. He deserves to be with the teammates he won the SB with and played with for so many years. He deserves everything life has to offer still. I hope he sees what he's missing because he has a great life in front of him.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 05-26-2013 at 01:50 PM.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...led-indirectly

Packers, Favre have reconciled indirectly

May, 23, 2013 ... 2:20 PM ET By Kevin Seifert | ESPN.com

Comment woodbuck27:

For any Packerrats that may be still confused:

Pretend that that confusion is a mild to severe headache. Normally the cure is simple. You take a Tylenol or two for any such headache.

Here's an article that 'let's just pretend' is the equivalent of 2 + 1 Tylenol. Read this article and search somewhere inside of yourself for 'a real positive'. That positive being like the dissipation of your headache after reading the Good News (Your Tylenol)....the Green Bay Packers and Brett Favre Final Re-Union ... a STAY TUNED proposition.

" This is the story driven by corrupted memories. In the event that you are among those who have forgotten, Favre said in September that he was over any grudge he might have held against the franchise.

In February, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers invited Favre to a joint appearance that made clear they have moved past the tension in their relationship.

Two months ago, Packers president Mark Murphy said that Rodgers had taken "a good first step" on behalf of the franchise and pledged that the reunion "is going to happen."

The ball is and will remain in the Packers' court. At some point, presumably before Favre is eligible for enshrinement into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2016, Murphy and the rest of the Packers' leadership will reach out and schedule an event. Really, the fact everyone appears to be on board -- Favre's grudge is gone, Rodgers and Favre cleared the air and Murphy promised an appropriate event -- suggests an indirect reconciliation in itself."
    Fr. LINK ... Please CLICK on the LINK for the entire story.

GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

When Brett Favre decides that such a ceremony at Lambeau field is appropriate and in consideration of all matters:

a) Brett Favre's number will be retired.

b) Brett Favre will be inducted into the Packer Hall of Fame.

I make this prediction when that huge day for the Green Bay Packers arrives:

Brett Favre will also as a part of his acceptance of this honor. Receive a resounding applause of approval for his outstanding contributions as a Green Bay Packer player of extreme positive distinction. I'll be such a proud Packer fan on Brett Favre's 'SPECIAL DAY again at Lambeau Field' day. Just another of so many SPECIAL Day's that Green Bay Packer experienced at Lambeay Field.
    I know it probably doesn't seem that way, but woody, I'll bet you anything if the day comes, we'll be happy for him WITH you. There are very smart PR people who know the challenges of the whole situation, and they will handle it well. Favre will handle it well. Time, even though it doesn't seem like it to me now, will probably heal the wounds.

Him connecting back with Green Bay would be huge for everyone. I don't think it would bother me so much if it wasn't a big deal to me.

I'm as passionate of a fan of the Packers as there is, I think. My dad was a really hurtful guy. Lifetime movies have been made with softer hearted villains than my dad. One of the things my dad did with me was watch/play football. He left when I was 8 years old. Anyway, I've put more into football than is healthy, I'm sure. I get emotional about football, and the Packers. I'm definitely on the high-side of how much these things affect fans, because in ways, where a dad should have been, was football for me. And for me, it was the Packers (Sharpe, Majkowski, Bennett, Ed West, Paup, etc. . .) I think I'll stay loyal to the Packers even when they're wrong more than most, just as some were loyal to Brett even when he was wrong more than most. That's because it affects me more.

So yeah, I might over-react from time to time. I know it. But at the end of the day, I do think my passion is shared with a lot of people and founded too. I'd like to see a day when Green Bay is back to how it used to be. This feud still creates tension in Green Bay. I'll be happy when that day ends and I truly hope the best for Favre even if I get really, really pissed off at him from time to time.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 05-26-2013 at 02:16 PM.

" This is the story driven by corrupted memories. In the event that you are among those who have forgotten, Favre said in September that he was over any grudge he might have held against the franchise.

In February, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers invited Favre to a joint appearance that made clear they have moved past the tension in their relationship.

Two months ago, Packers president Mark Murphy said that Rodgers had taken "a good first step" on behalf of the franchise and pledged that the reunion "is going to happen."
    Rodgers did not invite Favre according to his version of events. The NFL invited him to the banquet and asked Rodgers if he would present an award with him. They presumably asked Favre the same thing.

Murphy, minus the acknowledgement of Rodgers/Favre joint appearance, has been making the same gesture to Favre for 3 years running, if not longer. In fact, he makes is annually during the tailgate tour.

And Favre is not a reliable narrator in this instance. He formerly said he didn't harbor a grudge and it was just business between he and the Packer. Admitting a grudge existed might be evidence of his being more truthful publicly, but its certainly not determinative.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I don't know if it will happen. Favre pulled himself away from the team and into his own rare-air slowly but surely over many years. He's painting himself in a corner I don't know that he'll ever have the courage to get out of. He's going to take some boos, some anger, some things he never had in 15 years in GB. But if he takes them with grace, they will go away and he'd be a better person for the experience. He'd be right back in with the fans and people would love him for who he is, for what he's been through, even though he can't play a lick of football anymore.

Nothing he's done is so awful, people can't connect to him. Everyone has said/done things out of hurt/anger they regret. If he stood up and talked about how hard it was to no longer be needed like he once was, to let go of the things that he had in Green Bay, he'd be accepted almost immediately. He doesn't see it that way though. He sees it like he was attacked, spit on, abandoned by the team he gave everything too. NFL teams have immense pressure to win. The Packers stayed with Favre because it benefited them. That's the cold, hard truth. If he wasn't a great player, he would have been gone a long time before he was. It had nothing to do with Favre the person, only Favre the player.

I imagine leaving football is a hard thing to do. So much of what these players have in their lives (especially the star players) is had only because they perform. Imagine the pressure. Imagine how it must feel when it all ends, when the money, fame, glory disappears and the NFL goes on without you, like you were never there. Imagine all you have are records, that are bound to fall some day. Imagine what it must be like to watch the team you believed needed you goes on and wins a SB while you're still barely hanging on in the league. Imagine enough people can't stand you that it fills a stadium with relentless boos when you step on the field. Imagine this was the same stadium that loved you, seemingly unconditionally, through drug addiction and affairs. They loved you no matter how big the interception or how uncommitted the offseason. Imagine what it must be like to realize you were only there because you were good at football and that it's gone now. Imagine what it must be like to be unable to do anything else well enough to ever have that kind of attention again. I suppose it's not as hard for us, we'll never have any of it. But if you had it, I'll bet losing it would be very hard.

Favre has a lot of things to come to grips with and you hope it happens. Who the hell knows though, he hasn't shown a sign (so far) that he can accept his place in the world. He hasn't shown the ability to move on from football and grow as a person. I wish him the best, but the rest of his life is looking like a big train-wreck of bitterness and isolation. I hope not, but fuck, as fun as it was to watch him play football, it's equally tragic to watch him move on from football.

I know he used to travel with his own personal priest. Hopefully he's still working with people like that to heal and grow. Back then, I think it was because the pressure he put on himself was so great, he needed it just to get by. Now, I think he's going to need help to adjust to life, and to get out of life everything he deserves. He deserves to let go of whatever he's hanging onto. He deserves to be with the teammates he won the SB with and played with for so many years. He deserves everything life has to offer still. I hope he sees what he's missing because he has a great life in front of him.
    This is a post with a good deal of empathy for Favre or anyone that retires from a Professional sport.

Brett Favre has said that ... 'retirement is difficult'... in terms of missing his teammates and the fans. He misses Lambeau Field. He miss's the people of Wisconsin. Did you read his comments during the Frank Winters Packers HOF induction? I could supply you with a LINK.

I feel that it's better if you search for that yourself JH. In that process you might be enlightened by a lot that Brett Favre has said after he was traded by the Green Bay Packers. In my view it's almost overkill the degree he's gone to explain so much that he felt needed such. Most people would respond with 'a just screw it' attitude. Brett Favre always cared a lot too maybe too much.

JH.... You may be aware of this, yet in any case:

ESPN has a raft of articles that tell a rather complete story from the (Brett Favre's) perspective. If you go forward in life on and on imagining that Favre is the bad man in this divorce. Your simply wrong JH.

There are always two sides to a story and in Favre's case and Packers. It's not 'ALL WHITE Green Bay Packers' and all black - brett favre. I'm sorry for the bad or disturbing revelation there JH. See I might claim that (again) we see the little man get screwed but this is BRETT FAVRE.

Did Favre get screwed?

Not in the end as he was able to go on playing as he desired. He had to fight damn hard for that right and he might have handled some of that better, in final analysis; but who am I to declare any of that !? If we really tried to get down to the brass tacks of this mess...that...would be impossible. All that remains is what to believe or not and otherwise merely pure speculation.

I'm positive there was a lot of emotion involved on both sides. Ted Thompson declared as much....that Brett Favre's wanting to play in 2008 was truly 'gut wrenching stuff'. Emotion clouds anything even in terms of the most accurate portrayal of a matter or issue.

Sure it was gut wrenching. It's isn't often that an NFL team trades it's past season's MVP and offensive leader. The runner-up NFL MVP and past 3 time NFL MVP. Traded a NO. 1 QB that owns every conceivable team and most NFL passing records. trades that man to one of the worst teams in the other conference ..... for a draft pick.

Maybe Brett Favre deserved to feel hurt. I cannot even marginally come close to the reasons for any such hurt. I'm not Brett Favre.

Ted Thompson says that it was: Gut wrenching !?

I'd use a different term....BRUTAL.

'JUST' .... BRUTAL STUFF to witness for this Packer fan. I 'only' desired for Brett Favre to be set free.

PACKERS !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

I know it probably doesn't seem that way, but woody, I'll bet you anything if the day comes, we'll be happy for him WITH you. There are very smart PR people who know the challenges of the whole situation, and they will handle it well. Favre will handle it well. Time, even though it doesn't seem like it to me now, will probably heal the wounds.

Him connecting back with Green Bay would be huge for everyone. I don't think it would bother me so much if it wasn't a big deal to me.

I'm as passionate of a fan of the Packers as there is, I think. My dad was a really hurtful guy. Lifetime movies have been made with softer hearted villains than my dad. One of the things my dad did with me was watch/play football. He left when I was 8 years old. Anyway, I've put more into football than is healthy, I'm sure. I get emotional about football, and the Packers. I'm definitely on the high-side of how much these things affect fans, because in ways, where a dad should have been, was football for me. And for me, it was the Packers (Sharpe, Majkowski, Bennett, Ed West, Paup, etc. . .) I think I'll stay loyal to the Packers even when they're wrong more than most, just as some were loyal to Brett even when he was wrong more than most. That's because it affects me more.

So yeah, I might over-react from time to time. I know it. But at the end of the day, I do think my passion is shared with a lot of people and founded too. I'd like to see a day when Green Bay is back to how it used to be. This feud still creates tension in Green Bay. I'll be happy when that day ends and I truly hope the best for Favre even if I get really, really pissed off at him from time to time.
    I'm 100% on your side there Packer fan.

Trust this:

I always knew the right side ....the right fight.

Frankly JH...I always do .... always have. If you knew my life you would know that's 'NO' BS.

I'm not a convicted man as much as a MAN with certain principles and values that will never let me down.

Being a Green Bay Packer fan 'dedicated to that' totally is a simple proof of the above.

I'm not a member of Packerrats to make Packer fans miserable. I make a certain positive contribution here. That will never be to buy into anything that certainly rubs me the wrong way. I'm also a Canadian that understands the value in fighting for a true PEACE. I'm a Canadian that believes in a 'REAL PROCESS' of what being TRULY FREE' means. I had a FATHER that fought 6 1/2 years to ensure your and my Free Rights. That fought for Brett Favre to have his. I had a FATHER that still lives in me as my BEST friend and my BEST Hero. That man raised me to be a decent man and stand for solid values and principles. He taught me to never give anything away of myself that has value. To always struggle for the better good.

Every day I struggle to be 'just that' JH. The man my Father desired me to be.

A simple MAN.

GO PACKERS !

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Rodgers did not invite Favre according to his version of events. The NFL invited him to the banquet and asked Rodgers if he would present an award with him. They presumably asked Favre the same thing.

Murphy, minus the acknowledgement of Rodgers/Favre joint appearance, has been making the same gesture to Favre for 3 years running, if not longer. In fact, he makes is annually during the tailgate tour.

And Favre is not a reliable narrator in this instance. He formerly said he didn't harbor a grudge and it was just business between he and the Packer. Admitting a grudge existed might be evidence of his being more truthful publicly, but its certainly not determinative.
    I'm glad I'm not confused.

PACKERS !

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that Favre manipulated his way off the Packers with his fake (but seemingly real...tears included) retirement in 2008. Heck, by reports, the Packers even gave him some space, but kept checking back with him to see if he might reconsider because they knew he could still play, given what he did in 2007.

I think Brett wanted out of Green Bay because he saw the writing on the wall with Rodgers having sat on the bench for 3 years and Green Bay having spent a first round pick on him. So, the fake retirement happens, Packer brass keep checking with him into the summer of '08 to see if he changes his mind, and he maintains he's retired. At some point, the Packer brass decides to move on with Rodgers. Favre's got them right where he wants them. Now he can try and come back and test their loyalty, knowing that they likely want to see what they have in Rodgers instead handing the reigns back to Favre. Wouldn't that have been a Shermanesque move if TT/MM said, sure Brett, here's your job back? If Green Bay had done that, Rodgers likely is not a Packer today, so the move would have been short-sighted and sentimental, and not a sound one, even though Favre gave a lot to the Packers (and the Packers gave a lot to Favre). Brett walks back in likely knowing the Packers were in a tough spot and he was going to get moved. Brett gets his wish, so he can keep playing elsewhere. He looks like the victim who just wanted to keep playing football, and the Packers are the bad guy for getting rid of an icon. He has his freedom, and just has to spend a year with the Jets to pay his dues, and then he's truly a free man. How's that for a conspiracy theory?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that Favre manipulated his way off the Packers with his fake (but seemingly real...tears included) retirement in 2008. Heck, by reports, the Packers even gave him some space, but kept checking back with him to see if he might reconsider because they knew he could still play, given what he did in 2007.

I think Brett wanted out of Green Bay because he saw the writing on the wall with Rodgers having sat on the bench for 3 years and Green Bay having spent a first round pick on him. So, the fake retirement happens, Packer brass keep checking with him into the summer of '08 to see if he changes his mind, and he maintains he's retired. At some point, the Packer brass decides to move on with Rodgers. Favre's got them right where he wants them. Now he can try and come back and test their loyalty, knowing that they likely want to see what they have in Rodgers instead handing the reigns back to Favre. Wouldn't that have been a Shermanesque move if TT/MM said, sure Brett, here's your job back? If Green Bay had done that, Rodgers likely is not a Packer today, so the move would have been short-sighted and sentimental, and not a sound one, even though Favre gave a lot to the Packers (and the Packers gave a lot to Favre). Brett walks back in likely knowing the Packers were in a tough spot and he was going to get moved. Brett gets his wish, so he can keep playing elsewhere. He looks like the victim who just wanted to keep playing football, and the Packers are the bad guy for getting rid of an icon. He has his freedom, and just has to spend a year with the Jets to pay his dues, and then he's truly a free man. How's that for a conspiracy theory?
    That would be a mind blower. But after the ny giant game he may have never wanted to play a January game in lambeau again.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by easy cheesy View Post
    WOW!

That countdown was very cool.

Nice job !

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/02/un...t-brett-favre/
    Unfortunately, Packers No Longer Care About Brett Favre

Unfortunately, Packers No Longer Care About Brett Favre

Feb 2, 2011 – 8:00 PM

Comment woodbuck27:

That title for the LINK above ... is hardly the TRUTH. Notice the date and even then Packers President and CEO Mark Murphy's hopes to have Brett Favre back in the fold:

"Packers president Mark Murphy telling the national and international media the other day that he "envisions" Favre with a role in the organization at some point..."

" They forced Favre to retire ... or else.

This is so Packer Nation-like.

They love them, then they hate them, and then they worship them forever, but only after a passage of time.

They did as much with Curly Lambeau, and he founded the franchise while excelling all the way to the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a player and as a coach for the Packers. The thing is, Lambeau feuded with the Packers board of directors during the early 1950s, and he was ostracized from the franchise until the combination of time, his death and future Green Bay historians led Packers officials to naming the stadium after him in the mid-1960s.

Ever hear of Vince Lombardi? From the late 1950s through most of the 1960s, he WAS the Packers while grabbing five world championships, including victories in the first two Super Bowls.

After Lombardi retired as coach, he became the Packers' general manager for a year, but then he did the unthinkable. He left to take over the Washington Redskins. He was considered a traitor in Wisconsin. He eventually died at 57 in 1970 of cancer, and that's when all was forgiven throughout the Frozen Tundra.

He became a Packer legend again.

Favre will, too, but not for a while. "
    Fr. LINK

Comment woodbuck27:

Again this article was written Feb 2, 2011 or over 27 months ago.

It's like the old saying 'Every Fine Wine In It's Time'.

GO PACKERS !

I do respect your view-point more now than I did. I see things very differently, but I can see how you feel the way you feel too. I haven't read many of the posts in this thread because I don't really enjoy Favre's part in the Packers anymore. I sort of stay occupied with the other parts of the team I do enjoy following.

We are all Packer fans. Sometimes I question your sincerity as a Packer fan. Your "GO PACKERS" sometimes feels half-hearted or almost confrontational. There are a lot of things people do to come to reasonable disagreements. I know I'm a big Sherrod detractor. PB was always hoping for the best on that. Who knows how it will all play otu. But there have been times I've become confrontational. I usually regret it, and then sort of do something in good will so people know I didn't mean it. I usually shut up for a little while after I say something stupid. I know I can be overly emotional in disagreements and people know that about me.

What sort of rubs me wrong with you is outside of the soap-box type comments about all cheering for the same team, you don't seem to do anything to smooth things over with people. I do get you, and we don't fight, but son of a bitch, I got down right pissed off reading the Favre stuff. He had to follow the rules too, woodbuck. He's not above them.

At this point, I think I'd rather have the Packer fans back than Favre. There were a lot of cool, crazy bastards who disappeared with Favre. Deputy Nutz and GBM are two I wish were around here. There are all kinds of people I wish I could talk Packers with more comfortably in GB.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 05-26-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    That would be a mind blower. But after the ny giant game he may have never wanted to play a January game in lambeau again.
    Maybe after he saw Randy Moss in the SB, he became really pissed off that the Packers would have won that game with Randy and then the pressure to force his way out started. Minnesota was poised to win, they just needed a QB. Never know.

The timeline makes Favre's actions look either ridiculously indecisive or down right divisive. Actions say more than words, for sure.

Comment woodbuck27:

I thought it might be appropriate to add this article to the Brett Favre thread as wanted everyone here to enjoy re-calling it all; and as it sat three games into Brett Favre last season as a Green Bay Packer (2007) The 2007 season season when Favre led the Packers as the MVP to a stunning 13-3 record and lost a close one in OT or he and his beloved Green Bay Packers would have been Super Bowl bound for the third time under his leadership:

Barnett: Brett Favre: a Packer fan's appreciation

By Thomas P.M. Barnett

Posted September 30, 2007 at midnight

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2007/se...-appreciation/

" No player in NFL history has met that challenge better than Favre, whose stunning record of 260 consecutive starts, including playoffs, at quarterback stands testament to his personal resilience and intense love for the game.

Four presidential elections have come and gone since Favre first stepped in behind center, and over 200 quarterbacks have made their first NFL start since then. The league's only three-time most valuable player, Favre's most impressive statistic in this ultimate team sport is that Green Bay owns the NFL's highest winning percentage (.625) since he took the helm 15 years ago this month.

Favre has led the Pack to 10 playoffs and two Super Bowls, suffering only one losing season. Only six NFL teams out of 31 sport winning records against Favre, and he's bested each of the Packer's division archrivals: the Bears, Lions and Vikings.

Given his Mississippi roots, Favre's record in frozen Green Bay is most surprising: 40 wins and five losses in games played below 35 degrees."
    Fr. LINK

Please hit the LINK for this entire Packer fans article on a true Green Bay Packer GREAT... Brett Favre.

Comment woodbuck27:

It may get better but seeing all that....was really special for this Packer fan.

GO PACKERS !

Comment woodbuck27:
    It may get better but seeing all that....was really special for this Packer fan.

GO PACKERS !
    It was a special era of Packer football and Favre was a constant for us for a long, long time. I think the way it ended is at the top of people's minds right now. That combined with how well the Packers are playing right now, I don't think now is the time people will look back on how great Favre was. When Aaron's career spirals or is over, and Ted (or whomever) doesn't have another great QB win the wings, we'll probably look back on it and remember it more.

Right now it's too fresh to want to remember it in past tense, I think, and we're doing too good to be forced to. There's going to be people who say, "yeah, but, look how he left." cuz that's what happened, and it's hard to appreciate someone when you're mad at them. It's called resentment. Fans resent Favre a little now. That's normal, but it should go away with time if wounds don't keep getting opened up.

Brett Favre inactive, streak ends at 297 (321 games including playoff's)

By NOAH TRISTER

Associated Press

POSTED: 01:50 p.m. HST, Dec 13, 2010

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?id=111817404

DETROIT —

" Brett Favre's record consecutive starts streak ended at 297 on Monday when he did not suit up for the Minnesota Vikings' game against the New York Giants. The streak, dating back to 1992, ended because of a right shoulder injury the quarterback sustained on Minnesota's first series Dec. 5 against Buffalo after a blind sided hit by 'the Bills' Arthur Moats.

The Vikings hoped Favre, who has started despite a broken foot and elbow tendinitis this season, could do it again when the Giants game was delayed from Sunday after the Metrodome roof collapsed. That forced the game to be moved to Ford Field, but it was not enough time for Favre to get healthy enough to play.

For some, it was hard to fathom. Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald tweeted: "Even after the reports about Brett Favre being inactive I STILL won't believe that he's not playing until I see it w/ my own eyes!"

"It's beyond reason. It's ridiculous," said Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck, who backed up Favre in Green Bay years ago. "He's gotten lucky a little bit too, but he's just the toughest guy in the world."

He's been listed as questionable on the injury report heading into a game several times this season. But it was clear as soon as Moats blindsided him that this injury was more serious.

Favre's injury, a sprained SC joint, is a rarity in sports, one that doctors say occurs most often when a person's body slams against the steering wheel in an auto accident.

Both Favre and interim coach Leslie Frazier were adamant he would not be given a ceremonial start — one or two snaps at the beginning of the game — to keep the streak going."
    Fr. LINK

Please click on LINK for the entire story.

GO PACKERS !

Woodbuck, what's your point? If you want people to start sucking his dick, it's probably not going to happen.

We're doing better now than all but his best two or three years in Green Bay.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 05-26-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Rodgers (6 post season victories, 1 SB victory)
    EDIT: Favre (13 post season victories, 1 SB victory)

mis-post. Favre had 13 post season wins. Was 13-11. Was 4-7 after 1997.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 05-26-2013 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post

I think you have mostly hit upon the truth here. Brett did see the writing on the wall (AR) but had to get his release from this contract with GB so he could go to MN. When TT didn't give it to him the relationship really soured between team and player. It didn't help that Favre didn't file his reinstatement papers right away either. By the time BF did it didn't take long before he was traded to NY.

I do respect your view-point more now than I did. I see things very differently, but I can see how you feel the way you feel too. I haven't read many of the posts in this thread because I don't really enjoy Favre's part in the Packers anymore. I sort of stay occupied with the other parts of the team I do enjoy following.

We are all Packer fans. Sometimes I question your sincerity as a Packer fan. Your "GO PACKERS" sometimes feels half-hearted or almost confrontational. There are a lot of things people do to come to reasonable disagreements. I know I'm a big Sherrod detractor. PB was always hoping for the best on that. Who knows how it will all play otu. But there have been times I've become confrontational. I usually regret it, and then sort of do something in good will so people know I didn't mean it. I usually shut up for a little while after I say something stupid. I know I can be overly emotional in disagreements and people know that about me.

What sort of rubs me wrong with you is outside of the soap-box type comments about all cheering for the same team, you don't seem to do anything to smooth things over with people. I do get you, and we don't fight, but son of a bitch, I got down right pissed off reading the Favre stuff. He had to follow the rules too, woodbuck. He's not above them.

At this point, I think I'd rather have the Packer fans back than Favre. There were a lot of cool, crazy bastards who disappeared with Favre. Deputy Nutz and GBM are two I wish were around here. There are all kinds of people I wish I could talk Packers with more comfortably in GB.
    Haha Now you and I are able to communicate:

" What sort of rubs me wrong with you (woodbuck27) is outside of the soap-box type comments about all cheering for the same team, you don't seem to do anything to smooth things over with people. I do get you, and we don't fight, but son of a bitch, I got down right pissed off reading the Favre stuff. He had to follow the rules too, woodbuck. He's not above them. " JH

JH as I wrote in an earlier post...and you desiring me to sort of smooth things over. That's why we have a poster like pbmax. He's a very IMO introspective person. pbmax like all solid posters. Takes his slants on certain things/issues but he's the sort of man that can look deeper into it. He's sorta 'closed - open' minded; or as a person>>>growing.

I'm a Capricorn and by nature very analytical. I'm also intelligent.

I even think that (maybe?) just maybe? ... Patler (yes Patler) is also changing to a more open minded accepting of other's views and visions/looks poster. I see Patler growing of late and not posting like a voice from some statue.

Posters we have lost. JH I often wonder about those solid posters that I miss too. Posters that can teach me something. That's why I'm here. To learn and grow as a Packer fan. As an NFL fan and refine my hobby more and more as I improve my knowledge.

You don't like my GO PACK GO's. Jheesssh ! LOL

Your breaking my heart. I'm a Green Bay Packer fan.

We lost some really solid posters over the crap for sure. We lost a lot of posters over the clear insanity. We saw some of that return on this past weekend and some posters here actually revel in and cheer that garbage. Is that observation 'just' the Canadian in me or is my definition of 'clearly CRAZY'. Just simply different than most here!?

Packerrats and the Favre Packer Divorce:

Whenever two groups 'slant' one Vs the other. Some onlookers will get 'plain and simple', sick of the argument. Especially when it gets over the top to the point of certain insult and crassness. What was once a small and tight Favre camp got beaten to death by the more dominant hate Favre group here. make 'no mistake about my use of the 'H' word. The hatred here was and remains in my view... disgusting among so deemed .... sane adults. The hatred has been clearly to me...disgusting and I hate that it still raises it's ugly head here....and 'the morons' ... actually cheer it.

You people who hate are dooming all the positive karma we need to generate as Packer fans to get back to the Super Bowl. I'm Irish so don't argue with me and karma.

You haters are screwing the Green Bay Packers. You all far from decently truly supportive Packer fans. Hey ....have fun with the Favre stuff but please STOP the HATE. Favre is fun ! He's certainly at times very different and not easy for all of you to understand. I try my very best to get there and have failed in the past.

So JH:

You wanted me to smooth it over here at Packerrats.

Jaysus, Murphy and Joseph man. I had to fight like hell just to try and breathe here. Just as your views and personality go man. As you had to fight for any decency and modem of respect JH. I had to do the same. You and I have both been ridiculed and subjected to the judgements of those 'who imagine their shit doesn't stink'. You and I have that in common JH.

Does it really matter if your disrespected? It doesn't to me. I simply do my best to make Packerrats work. I'm not always going to please em all. That's never my goal.

This is a fricken tough board. Quite frankly, there are posters here that imagine they know it all; and 'in fact' as I view them. Don't have a damn clue about anything even resembling common decency and manners and posting that in any sense of a decent personality. These are the posters that somehow imagine that they're entitled and who overall contribute 'only Jack Shit' to 'the real good' of Packerrats. You know full well who they are. They know 'full well' who they are.

Thank goodness most of them are gone or have retreated into their holes and under their rocks.

These are the posters that won't read me because I tell it the way it is. I write with the Irish passion I was born with. I also temper that passion with more fricken' PR skills then I ever possessed before I met members here that often frequent or occasionally and so disruptively enter Packerrats.

Packerrats is a mighty interesting experience. You have to have the patience and mind your P's and Q's attitude of a fricken' choir boy here; or you'll get trampled on, by posters that are clearly sick with their self-delusions of grandeur.

JH sometimes man they make me sick. I have to be so strong. Thus I do smooth things over. I also call a spade a spade. I'll never stand idle in the course of a near 'nazi/fascist' attitude.

In real life they need but one thing. A swift kick in the ass attitude thrown down on them. I come from a background where such could never survive ... less change. In real life I would' only' show them the back of my hand because their useless and disruptive 'Jack Shit' troublemakers.

Their no better than a useless mob whenever they congregate and are allowed to get on a roll..

You know how I look at it overall JH:

I realize this one fact about life. Everyone even the worst 'snakes of people' can change. That sure as HELL isn't going to happen, if you bend over for their silly ways.

Let me ask you this?

look at all the posters here at Packerrts. Man we have come to know one another here. Of all the posters here. Who would you enjoy inviting over to your place for a some good eats and a few beers Vs HELL NO ... are you kidding me!

Finally on solid posters that we miss. This is a very sad topic for yours truly.

It's like a football team. Good people 'good posters' come and go. Even a few really good one's stay and draw the course. Packerrats is like a really interesting street in an interesting cosmopolitan neighborhood. If you cannot accept everyone here than your no damn good to the whole. When I see a poster come out and drill another poster here. I want to go all over that poster for acting so fricken unkind.

No one here has the right to insult any other poster that trys to contribute here. We don't have that many regular posters and all that BS does is intimidate any new poster that may wish to step into Packerrats and explore his/her love of football on a higher degree.

I swear to GOD. From this post on. if any of you sad sack posters attack any other poster here. I'll be down your throat. Your going to get two barrels worth of woodbuck27. I promise you.

That's not cool. That's not ever fun. So all of you. The next time you decide to Lord/Madame it over another poster here. You will deal with my dissatisfaction and that. Smarten up and try to fly right please.

I'll tell you this about me JH. Of all posters here at Packerrats. I'm certainly one of, if not the best one, for having your back. I write that because I know that's the TRUTH. When so many are just useless dipshit troublemakers and deep down so fricken important feeling to themselves that they'd leave you laying and hardly breathing in a ditch.

Is that a fair advertisement for Packerrats.

Your damn right it is. Because here your allowed freedom of speech. If the 'so important's' don't like it; as they identify themselves in my writing here ... so what. I say then.... simply look at yourselves and 'just' try to change.

You don't have to like me. I could care less because I'm a decent man. Simply try to like yourselves better.

So you want me to smooth it over here JH.

How's that for my style and best effort? I love Packerrats and I simply desire us all as members to love each other better. For every member here 'to think' before the post. I sure utilized my thought process's in this response to you JH. I TRUST that now you'll truly understand woodbuck27...better.

GO PACK GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-27-2013 at 07:09 AM.