Page 505 of 563 FirstFirst ... 5 405 455 495 503 504 505 506 507 515 555 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,100 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Rodgers (6 post season victories, 1 SB victory)
    EDIT: Favre (13 post season victories, 1 SB victory)

mis-post. Favre had 13 post season wins. Was 13-11. Was 4-7 after 1997.
    Hey JH:

I'm FULL...FULL...FULL ON with Aaron Rodgers as he's our NO. 1 QB. I better be as Aaron Rodgers has just recently been rewarded with a rich contract that included a $40 million$ payout to him before this year is over and as I understood it.

Try to get that please.

This is the Favre thread. This is where I can post anything and Brett Favre as I work to help make 'any' sense of it all and Brett Favre.

Please don't allow that to upset or intimidate you.

RELAX please.

How's that for some effort to try and smooth things over? Gee I'm 'the diplomat' now.

GO PACK GO !

PS JH when it's meant to be hollow I post thus:

go pack go
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Scott, your posts are mostly funny, but that one crossed a line.

Time, people. Give it time. It may take a few years, but it will happen.

In the meantime...responding to Patler's belief that very rare should be a jersey/number retirement...how about a compromise? Retire his jersey, and hang it so it looks like this:

Favre
    Inches
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I think you have mostly hit upon the truth here. Brett did see the writing on the wall (AR) but had to get his release from this contract with GB so he could go to MN. When TT didn't give it to him the relationship really soured between team and player. It didn't help that Favre didn't file his reinstatement papers right away either. By the time BF did it didn't take long before he was traded to NY.
    Hmm, I don't recall that he had asked TT to release him, but then it probably went something like this...

1. Fake retirement in March/April 2008
    2. Spend summer plotting next move, still talking to the Packers occasionally, knowing that they still want you to play, not 100% sure of their belief in AR.
    3. Training camp comes, "get the itch" (never really lose it?) to play again
    4. Tell the Packers you are coming back, and reach the cross-roads of your career in Green Bay. Now the Packers can either A) Give you your job back or B) Move on with AR I still maintain he knew that if he came back so late that TT/MM would say no.
    5. Once they told him he could be a backup, he asked for his release. Now, if Brett really got mad because Green Bay wouldn't simply release him, then his ego got the best of him. He should have known better. What club is going to just release him for no compensation? Answer=None. So was he faking being upset at that point, or just that delusional that he thought the team should release him to sign with whoever he wanted (Vikings).
    6. Now the Packers had only one choice to make; trade him for the best compensation they could get. Keeping him around at that point wasn't going to be an option.

I loved watching him play, and appreciated all he gave the team, but during that episode, I was not happy with how he handled his business. He was like a kid who was not going to take responsibility for his own actions and the consequences of them. It's call manipulation. If he seriously thought the Packers should just release him with no thought of compensation, then he was seriously deluded. I think he just wanted to look like the good guy throughout, no matter how he acted.

After that happened, I knew Packer fans who lost their minds being mad at TT and the Packers. Why? Because they didn't automatically give Brett the starting job back. Because they felt like Favre had done so much for the Packers that the team should have kept his spot open indefinitely, no matter how disruptive his indecision was to the plans of the team. I seriously wondered if some of them weren't bigger Favre fans than they were Green Bay Packer fans. I realized that at some point I reach my limits with a player's behavior and I can't look past all of their actions, no matter how important they are to the team, and I don't put one player above the team.

plenty of players finished their careers with other teams, and were welcomed back, but none had a scorched-earth policy like bf.

Once it was clear the Packers did not want him back, he asked the Packers for his release.

The Packers stalled because they feared he would head right to Minnesota. But eventually, with all the paperwork filed they couldn't put the inevitable off for any longer and he flew north the night of the scrimmage.

After the series of meetings at Lambeau and with Brett at his house the Packers agreed they would try to trade him. So did he ask for his release? Yes, but was it after the Packers told him they had moved on? Yes.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Hmm, I don't recall that he had asked TT to release him, but then it probably went something like this...

1. Fake retirement in March/April 2008
    2. Spend summer plotting next move, still talking to the Packers occasionally, knowing that they still want you to play, not 100% sure of their belief in AR.
    3. Training camp comes, "get the itch" (never really lose it?) to play again
    4. Tell the Packers you are coming back, and reach the cross-roads of your career in Green Bay. Now the Packers can either A) Give you your job back or B) Move on with AR I still maintain he knew that if he came back so late that TT/MM would say no.
    5. Once they told him he could be a backup, he asked for his release. Now, if Brett really got mad because Green Bay wouldn't simply release him, then his ego got the best of him. He should have known better. What club is going to just release him for no compensation? Answer=None. So was he faking being upset at that point, or just that delusional that he thought the team should release him to sign with whoever he wanted (Vikings).
    6. Now the Packers had only one choice to make; trade him for the best compensation they could get. Keeping him around at that point wasn't going to be an option.

I loved watching him play, and appreciated all he gave the team, but during that episode, I was not happy with how he handled his business. He was like a kid who was not going to take responsibility for his own actions and the consequences of them. It's call manipulation. If he seriously thought the Packers should just release him with no thought of compensation, then he was seriously deluded. I think he just wanted to look like the good guy throughout, no matter how he acted.

After that happened, I knew Packer fans who lost their minds being mad at TT and the Packers. Why? Because they didn't automatically give Brett the starting job back. Because they felt like Favre had done so much for the Packers that the team should have kept his spot open indefinitely, no matter how disruptive his indecision was to the plans of the team. I seriously wondered if some of them weren't bigger Favre fans than they were Green Bay Packer fans. I realized that at some point I reach my limits with a player's behavior and I can't look past all of their actions, no matter how important they are to the team, and I don't put one player above the team.
    If he still wanted to play for GB why would he wait knowing full well that MM and TT would move on with Rodgers if he dragged his feet? I suspect BF wanted out of GB for a couple of reasons (he was sick of playing in the cold and Rodgers being there) hoping if he waited long enough TT would give him his release just to stop the PR nightmare. I also believe when TT didn't release him from his contract the relationship between player and team went sour. But none of us will never know for sure unless someone writes a "tell-all" book in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Once it was clear the Packers did not want him back, he asked the Packers for his release.

The Packers stalled because they feared he would head right to Minnesota. But eventually, with all the paperwork filed they couldn't put the inevitable off for any longer and he flew north the night of the scrimmage.

After the series of meetings at Lambeau and with Brett at his house the Packers agreed they would try to trade him. So did he ask for his release? Yes, but was it after the Packers told him they had moved on? Yes.
    Looking back there was a game of chicken going on on both sides. Favre played the waiting game hoping the Packers would tire of the PR mess and release him just to get him out of their hair. The Packers stood silently by hoping Favre would give it up and stay retired. Once they decided to move forward with Rodgers there was no way in hell they wanted Favre anywhere in the NFC. Technically TT and company didn't have to do a thing until Favre filed that paperwork. Once BF did it didn't take long before he was traded to NY.

Woodbuck, if you want to fit in with people, go to people who have similar interests (go to a Favre forum if there are any left.) If you want to argue with people and change their minds about something, just say it. You've never brought Packer fans together. You come here and fight about Favre. You split people up, then guilt people by trotting out your, "we're all Packer fans" BS. If you really wanted to bring people together, you'd bring people together. But that's not the result of your actions. The result is bickering and separation. Spare us the bullshit. And if you really want to bring people together, do it. I'd applaud you and respect you for it.

You're up to your moose horns in bullshit.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

If Woody quit being Woody he wouldn't be the...Maple Leaf Rag
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Bob Wolfley from JSOnline notes a recent interview with Favre and a Dallas radio station. Here is the link in case you have not read the comments.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I won't apologize for my confidence, nor my intelligence or wisdom Tarlam!

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

In the meantime...responding to Patler's belief that very rare should be a jersey/number retirement...how about a compromise? Retire his jersey, and hang it so it looks like this:

Favre
    Inches
    He has really big hands. His huge hands make his wiener look tiny
    Last edited by RashanGary; 05-27-2013 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Bob Wolfley from JSOnline notes a recent interview with Favre and a Dallas radio station. Here is the link in case you have not read the comments.
    He's so full of shit, him not using his retirement threats as leverage. Who gives a shit though, he was on a little power trip, didn't appreciate being in the league nearly enough.

He said he's coming back though. Glad to hear. He played here for a long time and played really well. Now I'm going to leave this topic the fuck alone. I hope the Packers get rid of anyone who makes a scene immediately when the day comes. No good comes out of treating him like shit.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 05-27-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

Favre
    Inches
    Fritz:

At least you can write certain humor.

That other ahh errrrr mmmm ocassional 'hardly' poster:

It's all 'black' paint. It's fallen 'now' into a state of certain depravity ... 'the 99% shit bracket' of posts from hell.

Then 'of course' on a more empathetic side and the one I'm taking now. It could be something else all together or for ie:

Brain Cancer and Gliomas or Pituitary Tumors and maybe!?

A call or alarm for essential tremor and Stereotactic Thalamotomy. That sort of need of medical attention isn't always determined by, or strictly age related; but possible describing the symptoms calling for deep brain stimulation for Parkinson's Disease or another harder to strictly diagnose form of dementia.

Maybe in the case of this poster. It's an angry response because of something that's always been there or from birth or early childhood. Something like... 'Brain Stem Glioma' that has been primarily and as a root cause of present behaviour propagated to where it exists now by overt or obvious neglect.

This posters (Scott Campbell's) style is a mere call out for some long awaited attention. Obviously Scott Campbell is here. If not trying to post something that's NOT crazy or outrageous but here in some obvious need. I mean Scott Campbell I presume is some human being. Not some Stephen King...ish 'stylized poster' that has one objective and primary focus of late:

To SPAM Packerrats. I truly sense or believe that Scott Campbell needs serious attention... needs help.

Often certain erratic and designed attention grabbing behaviour; is simply and sadly a symptom of a developing adult brain tumor (s).

I'm implying here that SC isn't just one bad ass ugly and disruptive towords anything resembling even a decent sense of PEACE at Packerrats. His style isn't designed so much to create mild chaos by it's obvious 'obsessed characteristics'; as much to me as a man crying out for help.

Possibly those that need to pay attention that live closest to Scott Campbell are neglecting him because of the difficulties he might offer them if they even insinuate help.

I'm sincerely concerned. This posters behaviour is alarming to me. I believe the poster referred to affectionately as Scott Campbell is in serious bad shape. Very possibly in need of some very serious medical attention!?

This hasn't anything to do with Packers.

This has everything to do with the common concern we might pay or might have the decency and awareness of to truly CARE. Exercise a raised level of compassion towards a mutual member at Packerrats.

Am I the 'only' member that might give a damn? I care about Scott Campbell.

At the same time and well right now. I IGNORE Scott Campbell.

See 'the bottom line' is simply this.

Scott Campbell has to care for himself as much as I care for him. Scott Campbell has to love Scott Campbell. Right now that's painfully and obviously ..... a real challenge.

I've witnessed it countless times in the past. He'll not get that done by himself.

Scott Campbell needs help.

For once Scott Campbell act .... responsibly PLEASE. I've never seen you get there and totally before now. I challenge you man.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-28-2013 at 06:21 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau