Page 506 of 563 FirstFirst ... 6 406 456 496 504 505 506 507 508 516 556 ... LastLast
Results 10,101 to 10,120 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Woodbuck, if you want to fit in with people, go to people who have similar interests (go to a Favre forum if there are any left.) If you want to argue with people and change their minds about something, just say it. You've never brought Packer fans together. You come here and fight about Favre. You split people up, then guilt people by trotting out your, "we're all Packer fans" BS. If you really wanted to bring people together, you'd bring people together. But that's not the result of your actions. The result is bickering and separation. Spare us the bullshit. And if you really want to bring people together, do it. I'd applaud you and respect you for it.

You're up to your moose horns in bullshit.

JH:

I'm not a one agenda poster here at packerrats . A poster that is driven mostly by any certain passion for Brett Favre. I'm always trying to understand Brett Favre as the enigma he is to this Packer and NFL fan.

I'm simply a poster that struggles to understand Brett Favre and a lot that goes on RE: anything Green Bay Packers. A poster that tries my level best to contribute positively to this forum. If sometimes I choose to disagree with the likes of you and vice versa ... so be it.

I'm not perfect on this one but I generally try to attack the post and not the poster unless it's gotten to personal and then I do my level best to curtail that nonsense. If you want to be 'the alfa male' better man...the better Packer fan. Take that to yourself JH.

Please..... PLEASE. Let go of the silly ass personal attacks JH. The insulting to yourself accusations of my deemed by you bullshit; 'only' raises your own.

I'll inform you of this Packer fan. I'm not about 'anything' even closely resembling bullshit. In terms of Brett Favre I continue to try to understand that man. I'll never hate that man. Far far from that stance JH. There are enough like you to want me to take a far far better approach and anything Brett Favre.

The reason why!? My way is...the BEST way.

If you disagree with my position on anything Brett Favre or with my position here at Packerrats as you've expressed. PLEASE take note, that your derogatory remarks to me have been duly noted; and are in same... taken as some advisement.

I'm always trying to contribute more positives here at Packerrats. It's a constant task and focus of mine.

Now back to you JH:

If anything Brett Favre annoys you to the degree that you have to go one on one with me. Get off this thread as you cannot deal with it's primary focus.

You obviously have to be aggressive or to take it personal. Going there and me is a senseless undertaking as it takes two to tangle.

I'm not going to fight with you when I'm holding the BEST HAND. Your over 'the top' in terms of your 'tell'. Ever play poker JH? I'm very decent.... playing poker. If your sitting at my table. I might own your money.

The Brett Favre thread... JH:

You do not need to be educated and this thread. This thread is about news and all things Brett Favre as they arise. After all, Brett Favre is a certain Green Bay Packer Legend, whether you acknowledge such or not. As a Green Bay Packer QB he has a resume as a Green Bay Packer and the records to be certainly regarded 'by anyone half sensible', as a remarkable Green Bay Packer in 'a certain positive sense'.

There can be 'no doubt' about the greatness of Favre and Packers. Any other view is frankly to be categorized as....deluded by extreme prejudice and therefore ... without merit.

Brett Favre JH. That's the predominant focus of this thread.

Simply try your best or better to deal with that fact, and specifically that without personal harm/injury/insult/ against any poster here?

I'm a poster here and will be until I die JH. Control yourself JH if that's possible. Just try to get a grip. I'm a very proud member of Packerrats. The likes of you have done too much to drive away good people. I'll never suffer such weakness, as the wrath of the likes of you, and running 'high -tail' away from my Packer forum.

PLEASE try your best to recognize why this thread was published here at Packerrts. Why it's existed to this remarkable status, as a noteable thread on Packerrats; and among 'possibly' all forums. a preeminent thread. This tread is all of what Packerrats has been in my view. The 'good, the bad and the ugly'; but now and forever, the crowning achievement of the struggles of many posters at Packerrats. Some of whom we're lost over certain posters like you that choose hatred as your sick platform. That attack with such utter contempt... decent people.

I really don't see you as such. Your not 'a Scott Campbell'. You don't suffer his too obvious issues. I mean SC is a poster here I have a real and personal concern for in terms of his health. His attacks against Favre and anything me and that....certainly don't cause me any sweaty palms/brow. SC is a fanatical person 'with real issues' that he must own.

I feel terrible for the poster known as Scott Campnell. He's a fellow member of my Green bay Packer forum. If I'm 2 cents worth of 'anything even mildly approaching decency'? I'm certainly that thank GOD.

I'd better be concerned for Scott Campbell. Obviously... too many here aren't.

Yet the focus of this post isn't the troubled poster Scott Campbell.

I'm focusing on a poster that has some level of merit. SC has zero of that in my books as a poster here. SC comes here to post garbage.

As a human being it's far different for me and SC. I also know I cannot help him.

It's you JH I hope to reach:

Your type will never drive all the Brett Favre supports for the contribution he did make away. This thread was created for such posters . This was to be a home for such to go on following and possibly appreciating Brett Favre. You and some others here have gone out of your way to do nothing but create chaos and havoc with posters like me. At times the sickness has been almost overwhelming even to a strong man like myself.

You cannot handle the Brett Favre thread because of your extremes of anger and fanatical hatred for that man. Like I posted before. Your hate is BIG JH. You also hate aggressively. Your hate is maybe different than say that projected by other posters here; but that hate you have will unlikely never reside to the level it needs to get too. Too truly appreciating Brett Favre, as I choose to try to do.

See ....I'm not done trying to understand Brett Favre; just as I'm not done trying with you man.

I exercise my freedom to use a positive. Your choosing a negative and so be it; but keep the personal attacks and me inside of yourself. Your the tough guy JH.

Please try to control yourself. Debate without the dink ass animosity and extremes that you've now arrived at. Do you want to drive me out of Packerrats JH. Do you want me to do what so many have done because of your (and the like here of your hatred) JH? Because of your need to use extreme animosity. It's plainly now obvious to me that I must seriously consider resigning at Packerrats.

You want me to quit!?

If so .... FUCK YOU .... JH.

You choose your side and I'll exercise my FREEDOM here to post mine and anything I damn well please and Brett Favre. If you cannot deal with it. Simply ignore the Brett Favre thread or alternatively. If you need to post anything keep it less personal please.

Otherwise ... carry on here at Packerrats (with the ebb and tide of all things Green Bay Packer) and contribute the positive (s) that your certainly capable of and that I personally enjoy.

If your a demonstrator of 'the fricken' party line here' and it must be thus and all things Green Bay Packer. Take that where the sun doesn't shine JH....................................... and me.

You'll never convert me too blindness and a collar and chain.

GO PACK GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-28-2013 at 09:48 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Woody, I said some truths. It wouldn't have gotten to you if I didn't.

At the same time, I wouldn't want you to leave and a part of me knows I got too contentious in those posts, so I apologize for that part.

But Woodbuck, you have a very elusive, passive-aggressive nature, one that's very hard to fight back against. Sometimes I think posters are at their wits end when they get into these debates with you because it's a lot of no-win scenarios. I credit you on your ability to frustrate the shit out of people. It's no easy task, to be reasonable enough to keep people from completely ignoring you, while still frustrating the shit out of them at the same time. Most posters who are as frustrating as you just get shunned usually, but you have enough other qualities that you get away with it. Scott Campbell obviously does what he does to get under your skin. Usually, that type of post would just get annoying. But to SC's credit, he sees how incredibly frustrating you are to most people and doesn't play by your rules. He just takes it to the same no-win level you already have it at. And when you look at it, people don't get away with doing that to other posters on this forum or anywhere, really. But he does to you, because even though your direct words say you're not asking for a fight, the no-win nature of the conversations you're in say you are. So don't be surprised.

Like I said, I did say some truths, and I'm not sorry for that. At the same time, you're a cool guy and I know Favre matters to you so you won't be seeing me fight you on it, especially as hard as I did here.

You'll stand up for people when they need it. You obviously don't like seeing people hurt. But. . . I don't think you're as good of a guy when you feel someone deserves it, asks for it, or you perceive as a threat. The things you do here, the passive-aggressive attacks, I think you flat out feel a sense of satisfaction when you lay your guilt trips and put your, "we're all Packer fans" stuff. Like we talked about earlier, you haven't brought people together, so using those types of statements serve only as guilt tripping and shutting people up, not actual effective conflict resolution. The results, woodbuck. The results are the reason for the actions. The results of your actions are people leave frustrated and guilt-tripped. The results could just as easily be people leaving feeling more connected. Saying it is not doing it.

Maybe you're pissed off at how hard people are on Favre. Maybe deep down, you know it affects him when people hate him. Maybe, deep down, you want people to pay for doing that to Favre and rather than bringing people together, you're punishing them for hurting Favre (and yourself.)

And Woodbuck, I don't stand on a high horse. I've done it. Probably less and less over the years, but I still do it. And when I'm doing it, I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts I don't know I'm doing it. I bring it out here, on you. I'm OK if you do the same to me. I guarantee you I won't like it at first, but I guarantee I'll think about it and change my ways if I'm really pushing someone too.

I did not name call and personal attack here. I talked about some tactics I don't like, that I think present no-win situations and that I don't see as being helpful. I hope you feel I have the right to do that, and I hope you can see that I'm not judging or crucifying you either. Nobodies perfect, you either.

People have to pay for their actions, woodbuck. If someones actions pushes people away (even passive-aggressive ones, like Favre does, that you can't pin down.) People get pushed away for a reason. Favre has to either live with that or learn from it. The hope is, he realizes how much the people he pushed away matter and he learns from it. I think he has a huge ego that gets in his way from having a happy life. This is a learning opportunity for him. It hurts. Matters of the ego do, just like the truth does. But hurt is the part of life that tells us something is wrong, tells us to change-up. Favre has some hurt here, and it's telling him to change something. Don't rescue him. Let him realize something is wrong. And don't leave this forum because I hurt you. Screw that. Some of it was true. Some of it was BS. Own the truth, smack back the rest and move on better for it.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 05-28-2013 at 08:23 AM.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Woody, I said some truths. It wouldn't have gotten to you if I didn't.

At the same time, I wouldn't want you to leave and a part of me knows I got too contentious in those posts, so I apologize for that part.

But Woodbuck, you have a very elusive, passive-aggressive nature, one that's very hard to fight back against. Sometimes I think posters are at their wits end when they get into these debates with you because it's a lot of no-win scenarios. I credit you on your ability to frustrate the shit out of people. It's no easy task, to be reasonable enough to keep people from completely ignoring you, while still frustrating the shit out of them at the same time. Most posters who are as frustrating as you just get shunned usually, but you have enough other qualities that you get away with it. Scott Campbell obviously does what he does to get under your skin. Usually, that type of post would just get annoying. But to SC's credit, he sees how incredibly frustrating you are to most people and doesn't play by your rules. He just takes it to the same no-win level you already have it at. And when you look at it, people don't get away with doing that to other posters on this forum or anywhere, really. But he does to you, because even though your direct words say you're not asking for a fight, the no-win nature of the conversations you're in say you are. So don't be surprised.

Like I said, I did say some truths, and I'm not sorry for that. At the same time, you're a cool guy and I know Favre matters to you so you won't be seeing me fight you on it, especially as hard as I did here.

You'll stand up for people when they need it. You obviously don't like seeing people hurt. But. . . I don't think you're as good of a guy when you feel someone deserves it, asks for it, or you perceive as a threat. The things you do here, the passive-aggressive attacks, I think you flat out feel a sense of satisfaction when you lay your guilt trips and put your, "we're all Packer fans" stuff. Like we talked about earlier, you haven't brought people together, so using those types of statements serve only as guilt tripping and shutting people up, not actual effective conflict resolution. The results, woodbuck. The results are the reason for the actions. The results of your actions are people leave frustrated and guilt-tripped. The results could just as easily be people leaving feeling more connected. Saying it is not doing it.

Maybe you're pissed off at how hard people are on Favre. Maybe deep down, you know it affects him when people hate him. Maybe, deep down, you want people to pay for doing that to Favre and rather than bringing people together, you're punishing them for hurting Favre (and yourself.)

And Woodbuck, I don't stand on a high horse. I've done it. Probably less and less over the years, but I still do it. And when I'm doing it, I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts I don't know I'm doing it. I bring it out here, on you. I'm OK if you do the same to me. I guarantee you I won't like it at first, but I guarantee I'll think about it and change my ways if I'm really pushing someone too.

I did not name call and personal attack here. I talked about some tactics I don't like, that I think present no-win situations and that I don't see as being helpful. I hope you feel I have the right to do that, and I hope you can see that I'm not judging or crucifying you either. Nobodies perfect, you either.

People have to pay for their actions, woodbuck. If someones actions pushes people away (even passive-aggressive ones, like Favre does, that you can't pin down.) People get pushed away for a reason. Favre has to either live with that or learn from it. The hope is, he realizes how much the people he pushed away matter and he learns from it. I think he has a huge ego that gets in his way from having a happy life. This is a learning opportunity for him. It hurts. Matters of the ego do, just like the truth does. But hurt is the part of life that tells us something is wrong, tells us to change-up. Favre has some hurt here, and it's telling him to change something. Don't rescue him. Let him realize something is wrong. And don't leave this forum because I hurt you. Screw that. Some of it was true. Some of it was BS. Own the truth, smack back the rest and move on better for it.
    JH:

Scott Campbell never does...never has gotten under my skin. SC isn't well.

All I have ever felt for Scott Campbell is pain for whatever he suffers.

Now this thread is about Brett Favre.

If you have anything positive in regards to Brett Favre and me 'in any terms' and Brett Favre ...fire away. or please...stay on topic.

Somehow discussing Brett Favre and Scott Campbell in the same post is repugnant. Surely you'll truly understand or appreciate me writing that.

I've had Scott Campbell on ignore for awhile now JH. Whenever he gets out of sorts I must do that. I feel too much suffering for 'his pain'.

GO PACK GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-28-2013 at 10:20 AM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I'm always trying to contribute more positives here at Packerrats. It's a constant task and focus of mine.

You want me to quit!?

If so .... FUCK YOU .... JH.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy old man
    I care about Scott Campbell. I IGNORE Scott Campbell.
    why did I ever leave this forum? This is quality drama. The real question is when does the watercooler get thrown out the window?

Ice caps are melting down....Rand and Campbell are back.
    C.H.U.D.

Epic stuff. Just epic.
    C.H.U.D.

This stuff belongs in the Brad Jones thread

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Ice caps are melting down....Rand and Campbell are back.
    Ohh Jaysus next thing I'll be held responsible for that happening at Packerrats.

The fact of the matter. I'd love to see every former Packerrat return.

After that 'the IGNORE Function' is available. It truly works.

It's a darn good thing it's easy being woodbuck27.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    This stuff belongs in the Brad Jones thread
    Dear Lord NO! Please no!!

We don't need any more of this stuff happening at Packerrats ....OUR Packer HOME.

Lurking and Stalking. The creepy shit.....of creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    plenty of players finished their careers with other teams, and were welcomed back, but none had a scorched-earth policy like bf.
    Most of that not created in anything Brett Favre; yet mostly:

a) by a media that loves to stir the pot for sales.

b) Packer fans that we're flat out fed up with Brett Favre, 'a long time before' the last game he played at Lambeau Field. Packer fans that wanted to see Aaron Rodgers get the shot he certainly had to have before he left Green Bay.

It got too... like that old song':

'It's now or .... never'.

Simple.....Reality Therapy for all players involved. Simple Reality therapy' for all aging even Superstar Pro Athletes ...sometimes based in the most unique needs to move on. This is exactly 'one of those' rare instances.

Nothing more or less. The complications arrive in the details that got seriously ridiculous on both sides.

A FIRE fights FIRE scenario that before it ended had to involve the NFL Head office to ensure fairness to both sides. In which the Green Bay Packers couldn't possibly entirely force through, even with a very generous alternate plan, of an $20 million$ offer to Brett Favre ... to please 'just' stay retired.

They were knowing and totally ignoring a man and his need 'for Free Will'. That fact or error on behalf of the Green Bay Packers was simply ridiculous or pointless in the most obvious to me....extreme.

If any of you Favre haters can simply land right there you have a solid opportunity to get to where I've been from the start of it all. Otherwise Hate away for all the joy that might allow you. I'm not trying to persuade any of you to do anything even close to my position.

I like my rather unique position and this issue here. I'm proud to set myself where I do. To take 'the high road'.

The reality of this issue. You 'as a bottom line'; have to have 'the good stuff' to get there. To get to where I am.

It's really not about anything Brett Favre. It's really all about you the Packer fan and poster here at Packerrats.

Forgiveness 'of yourself' is a personal choice. I've never been a promoter of the impossible or directing change in anyone. I know I cannot change anyone. I may hope for or remain in faith for change that is recommended for a real positive outcome. I'm wise enough to know... that change is strictly personal. Change is most difficult when such is controlled in any collective environment. Hate actually breeds >>> HATE.

The worst HATE mongers here hate anything that might cause you to join me. It's entirely their agenda to denigrate woodbuck27. They do that 'out of FEAR'. Their agendas are so delicious for their ways.

Hatred >>> Not ever been my cup of tea. Never will be under any threat or circumstance. I'm so very grateful for the instruction I received in my lifetime to not ever regress to that level, of ever going there.

Pick your soup. Mines really ............. sweet.

GO PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-28-2013 at 06:27 PM.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Woody - Honestly if this thread gets deleted it will also be because of you too not just others. Let's get back to everything else before there is nothing else please.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Once it was clear the Packers did not want him back, he asked the Packers for his release.

The Packers stalled because they feared he would head right to Minnesota. But eventually, with all the paperwork filed they couldn't put the inevitable off for any longer and he flew north the night of the scrimmage.

After the series of meetings at Lambeau and with Brett at his house the Packers agreed they would try to trade him. So did he ask for his release? Yes, but was it after the Packers told him they had moved on? Yes.
    If you check pb. Favre asked for his outright release as soon as it became obvious to him that the Packers we're moving to Aaron Rodgers as the NO. 1 QB.

Favre got to know TT and MM and how they play their game POKER and his life. This wasn't 'Rocket Science' to that country boy. TT and MM aren't difficult to understand.

Brett Fave and Deanna didn't arrive in Green Bay with Favre's agent for dinner at Faver's home there. They all weren't just dieing to dine at Applebee's...again. Have a steak at Brett Favre's steak house if that even existed. Favre was well aware of the bullshit.

It was clearly showdown time. Time for Brett Favre to cut bait with TT and MM. Damn ...it got so stinking wrong... that even today Ted Thompson can't talk about it; and MM isn't far removed from that. The Favre haters want to direct it all to Brett Favre and waffeling and never acknowledge the way that MM acted. The way that TT always acts.

Ted Thompson and MM simply should have been 'men enough' to simply be honest in total regards to an obvious to this Packer fan need. I saw that need building the day that Aaron Rodgers was drafted. I assume then that TT and MM had to realize that same need as I'm sure Aaron Rodgers did.

That need too simple:

To inform Brett Favre soon after the end of that season. That next year or in the 2008 season. They needed to move forward with Aaron Rodgers. Nope.... they had to play out their silly ass'd game. Anyone who believed after his outstanding 2007 season that Favre was done. Was either naïve or seriously not paying attention to the man that Brett Favre is then and will remain.

Do you posters here really believe that TT and MM are that naïve? If you do then I'll inform you that... 'if your right' ? The Green Bay Packers are both over the top too lucky and at the same time given any moderation of luck .... in seriously poor shape.

The fact is that any mention of the word bullshit must be applied clearly to Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy in terms of the Brett Favre end in Green Bay. These men and I'll be very polite... handled Brett Favre very clumsily.

Ohh yea...this one. Brett Favre and today and living in utter misery.

Nope! Wrong again I certainly expect. By wishing or observing this as a TRUTH does not discount the sudden bad fortune that can overtake us all. That lessened as a fact in our lives by all attempts to live decently and still get a blast out of it.

I love every day 'of LIFE'. Life amazes me as much as the differences in people. I handle most of that with an excellent sense of the haha. That doesn't ever mean that I cannot be disposed to the darkness that resides in some people (even) posters that live part of their lives here.

I'm an astute man. I'm also never ' a coward'.

Brett Favre's Life today:

The idea that he's severely depressed about the way he was disrespected in Green Bay is just more delusion. Delusion with very possibly little real compassion. Just more bunk-negative hype. Poor Brett Favre hate mongering!? Delusion after delusion...falsification...to outright lies...certain and common disrespect among hate mongers.

That exists in any society that doesn't have men like me to stand strong against it.

Men like me that doesn't understand the prudence in such a stance to protect the best that society deserves.

Is Brett Favre depressed and otherwise in some severe state of depression or melancholy.

I don't think so. Brett Favre 'I hope', has a pretty decent life. Following any of that through the media certainly projects that as a fact. Brett Favre is doing very well out of the NFL and contributing at the High School level; his football expertise, as the humble man he has been and continues to be.

All that considering his startling or staggering NFL Iconic status is amazing to me. All that he is today 'only' lends more to his obvious LEGENDARY Status. All that will ensure that his number will be retired and he will be proudly inducted into the Green bay Packer HOF when the timing is 'just right' for Brett Favre.

I really hope that gets done before his first ballot induction into the NFL HOF.

GO PACK GO !

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Woody - Honestly if this thread gets deleted it will also be because of you too not just others. Let's get back to everything else before there is nothing else please.
    My stance and points have been well presented. I remained true to me and the good stuff I believe in.

That has to be hard for some here to take. That in turn gets (maybe) dumped in your lap.

Whenever I know I'm correct I don't need to prove it with as much effort as I do (have done) here.

Why can't the Favre haters simply ignore this thread? Why do they have to have it all their way?

Those are questions that 'only' you must try your best to deal with. I'm truly sympathetic for that Mad.

Otherwise and total respect for you. Sure.... Mad I understand.

It's not fun for me to have to defend Brett Favre or burn down their towers of utter senseless garbage.

Right now I'm enjoying something far better.

Carol King and James Taylor perform at the special invitation by Barack and Michelle Obama at the Whitehouse.

So nice.

GO PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-28-2013 at 07:59 PM.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    If you check pb. Favre asked for his outright release as soon as it became obvious to him that the Packers we're moving to Aaron Rodgers as the NO. 1 QB.

What was reported was that the Packers kept checking with him at various times during the off-season to see if he wanted to come back, and by all accounts, he kept saying he was retired. Did you expect the Packers to just give him his outright release as a going away gift without any compensation? Who does that with a player of Favre's value?

Favre got to know TT and MM and how they play their game POKER and his life. This wasn't 'Rocket Science' to that country boy. TT and MM aren't difficult to understand.

Not really sure what you mean by this statement. There was no gun to Brett's head when he decided to retire. If you can prove he was forced out, I'd like to know how. People who want to keep playing do not retire. I know of one player who retired, and then walked back in during training camp thinking he might get his job back, likely realizing he wouldn't, so he could get his freedom. If he got upset that the Packers didn't grant his outright release, then he didn't learn much about the business side of football.

Brett Fave and Deanna didn't arrive in Green Bay with Favre's agent for dinner at Faver's home there. They all weren't just dieing to dine at Applebee's...again. Have a steak at Brett Favre's steak house if that even existed. Favre was well aware of the bullshit.

What bullshit? That he retired? That he kept telling the Packers during the offseason before '08 that he was sure he was retired? That he came back when he knew it was not likely he would get his starter job back? Is that the bullshit you speak of?

It was clearly showdown time. Time for Brett Favre to cut bait with TT and MM. Damn ...it got so stinking wrong... that even today Ted Thompson can't talk about it; and MM isn't far removed from that. The Favre haters want to direct it all to Brett Favre and waffeling and never acknowledge the way that MM acted. The way that TT always acts.

Ted Thompson and MM simply should have been 'men enough' to simply be honest in total regards to an obvious to this Packer fan need. I saw that need building the day that Aaron Rodgers was drafted. I assume then that TT and MM had to realize that same need as I'm sure Aaron Rodgers did.

It was showdown time because of the way one person handled his business. Again, he decided to retire and stay away until he likely knew the Packers would not give him his job back, unless he really thought they would, in which case, he miscalculated. That was a poor way to handle his business. I don't think he wanted to be in Green Bay anymore, but didn't want to look like the bad guy.

That need too simple:

To inform Brett Favre soon after the end of that season. That next year or in the 2008 season. They needed to move forward with Aaron Rodgers. Nope.... they had to play out their silly ass'd game. Anyone who believed after his outstanding 2007 season that Favre was done. Was either naïve or seriously not paying attention to the man that Brett Favre is then and will remain.

Who retired? Brett did. Was there a gun to his head? The man retired and then changed his mind, but from my previous post, I think he handled it this way to get out of Green Bay. 1. Retire, but don't mean it. 2. Wait until worst possible time to want to come back 3. Don't get your wish to get released, so you get traded. I think based on how he handled the situation, he got what he deserved.

I don't think anyone was displeased with Favre's play in 2007.

No

Do you posters here really believe that TT and MM are that naïve? If you do then I'll inform you that... 'if your right' ? The Green Bay Packers are both over the top too lucky and at the same time given any moderation of luck .... in seriously poor shape.

The fact is that any mention of the word bullshit must be applied clearly to Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy in terms of the Brett Favre end in Green Bay. These men and I'll be very polite... handled Brett Favre very clumsily.

Oh? Did they force him to retire? If so, how? He got up on the podium and retired, which was his right to do. If he didn't mean it, he shouldn't have done it. It sounds like Green Bay would have had him back in 2008, had he not retired that March. Favre was the clumsy one, but I think the clumsiness was calculated to come at a time that would Green Bay to choose between him and Rodgers, knowing at the time he came back that they would likely have moved on, unless he thought he could just walk right back in and get his job back, which would have been a miscalculation. Again, I don't think he was expecting that, which is why he came back when he did. Calculated clumsiness; mission accomplished.

Ohh yea...this one. Brett Favre and today and living in utter misery.

Nope! Wrong again I certainly expect. By wishing or observing this as a TRUTH does not discount the sudden bad fortune that can overtake us all. That lessened as a fact in our lives by all attempts to live decently and still get a blast out of it.

I love every day 'of LIFE'. Life amazes me as much as the differences in people. I handle most of that with an excellent sense of the haha. That doesn't ever mean that I cannot be disposed to the darkness that resides in some people (even) posters that live part of their lives here.

I'm an astute man. I'm also never ' a coward'.

Don't strain your arm patting yourself on the back!

The idea that he's severely depressed about the way he was disrespected in Green Bay is just more delusion. Delusion with very possibly little real compassion. Just more bunk-negative hype. Poor Brett Favre hate mongering!? Delusion after delusion...falsification...to outright lies...certain and common disrespect among hate mongers.

That exists in any society that doesn't have men like me to stand strong against it.

Men like me that doesn't understand the prudence in such a stance to protect the best that society deserves.

Is Brett Favre depressed and otherwise in some severe state of depression or melancholy.

Just because any of us admire someone because they were a great or legendary football player for our favorite team, doesn't mean we are always going to agree with the way they handle their business. He's human, he has flaws like any of us. What separates him is his athletic ability, not his humanity or ability to be flawed or make mistakes, so even if you admire what he did as a Packer, it's OK to think he played his part in the separation from the Packers. I refuse to believe it was just big, bad management running poor, innocent Favre out of town. That's just not the truth. Brett doesn't deserve that much homerism. Nobody does.

I don't think so. Brett Favre 'I hope', has a pretty decent life. Following any of that through the media certainly projects that as a fact. Brett Favre is doing very well out of the NFL and contributing at the High School level; his football expertise, as the humble man he has been and continues to be.

All that considering his startling or staggering NFL Iconic status is amazing to me. All that he is today 'only' lends more to his obvious LEGENDARY Status. All that will ensure that his number will be retired and he will be proudly inducted into the Green bay Packer HOF when the timing is 'just right' for Brett Favre.

I really hope that gets done before his first ballot induction into the NFL HOF.

Couldn't agree more, Woody. He was a great Packer. He was exciting to follow and made it fun to watch the team. He had a fun personality. Like most older players, it's probably hard to let go and retire, or know when it's the right time to go. I think Green Bay wanted him after 2007, but I don't know if he wanted Green Bay, and I don't think he ever wanted to look like the "bad guy". He had a right to retire, and he had a right to not decide his future until training camp. The Packers had the right to move on at some point so they could make their plans for the upcoming season. I give the Packer organization credit for making and sticking to a plan and not being held up, or getting too sentimental about what an aging players plans are. They were right to be ready, knowing that Bret had the right to retire and had indicated he might prior to March 2008. If they never draft a successor to Favre, and just ride it out to the bitter end out of respect to Brett, then everyone kills the front office for not planning. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I give them credit for keeping the longer-term in mind, which is why the Packers transitioned away from Brett without having the tremendous drop-off that some teams have after a legendary QB leaves.

I hope Favre and the Packers organization can get together on some kind of celebration of his career in Green Bay and retirement of his number. He deserves the honor for what he did throughout the time he played for Green Bay. It's hard to ignore his Packer exit, but it's way more fun to think of his overall career as a Packer.

GO PACK GO !
    See comments in bold above.
    Last edited by Carolina_Packer; 05-28-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Lots of Internet porn.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Here's Brett's retirement transcript from when he retired while with the Packers. I don't see any mention that TT or MM forced him out. Seems he said that he simply couldn't commit to the rigors of the game any longer.

http://onmilwaukee.com/sports/articl...ranscript.html
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    See comments in bold above.
    I've read and respect your comments. You handle yourself extremely well.

Well done Carolina_Packer.

PLEASE... understand that I'm not going to respond to your points that are very well taken. You have certain skills that I totally respect. I've worked with strong negotiators and your strong. I appreciate your candor and style here. Your cool and a solid contributor to Packerrats.

For personal reasons I'm electing now to simply stop. That 'dead horse' is beaten to death Packer fan. The natives are getting restless and I must respect that for all concerned here. My 'good fight' is now over, in the interest of prudence and respect.

Brett Favre will receive his 'just' rewards.

I'm simply awaiting the retiring of Brett Favre's number and to his induction into the Green Bay Packers HOF; with extreme pride as a loyal Packer fan to him. I as much know for the Green bay Packer Organization that 'exact plan and move' is a classy and well deserved action.

I understand how very cautious Brett Favre must be in agreeing to accept this honor. There are still many Packer fans that feel justified to harm/hurt Brett Favre. Whatever... I care for Brett Favre.

On that day I will cheer Favre with tears in my eyes and such Green Bay Packer pride in my heart.

As a terrific Green Bay Packer QB, leader, Packer teammate with outstanding character and attitude towords winning; and giving his all to his beloved Green Bay Packers and Packer fans.

Shame on any Packer fan that may judge him negatively on his day at Lambeau Field.

Brett Favre.... Simply 'the very best during his time in the Green and GOLD.

In my books, 'arguably' the very best Packer QB of all time; and an outstanding NFL QB (TOP TEN ALL TIME) and model 'football player' as a Green Bay Packer.

Nobody in the NFL 'of his time' was as exciting to watch. That's hands down ... a pure TRUTH.

Brett Favre wire to wire in the regular season. Simply 'THE BEST' of his time.

GO PACKERS GO !

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Here's Brett's retirement transcript from when he retired while with the Packers. I don't see any mention that TT or MM forced him out. Seems he said that he simply couldn't commit to the rigors of the game any longer.

http://onmilwaukee.com/sports/articl...ranscript.html
    Ok ...one more time:

Brett Favre wasn't forced out of Green Bay.

It was simply time for the Green Bay Packers to turn their attention to the future and as their NO. 1 QB...Aaron Rodgers. Anything else might have turned out as disastrous and frankly a foolish move in terms directly related to Aaron Rodgers and respect for that man.

Is there any poster (s) here at Packerrats that believe he was forced out of Green Bay?

The pressure on Favre was simply to retire/stay retired.

Of course ...that didn't go well.

GO PACK GO!