Page 507 of 563 FirstFirst ... 7 407 457 497 505 506 507 508 509 517 557 ... LastLast
Results 10,121 to 10,140 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Ok ...one more time:

Brett Favre wasn't forced out of Green Bay.

It was simply time for the Green Bay Packers to turn their attention to the future and as their NO. 1 QB...Aaron Rodgers. Anything else might have turned out as disastrous and frankly a foolish move in terms directly related to Aaron Rodgers and respect for that man.

Is there any poster (s) here at Packerrats that believe he was forced out of Green Bay?

The pressure on Favre was simply to retire/stay retired.

Of course ...that didn't go well.

GO PACK GO!
    Well stated. No, never an easy exit for a star. Hard to plan to be succeeded by the next guy, but if you give the team a reason to replace you (retirement and delaying decision to come back until July), don't be surprised that you are not back as the starter automatically. Then, it's nothing to do with your play on the field, but how you handle your business off the field, and the team's need to get ready for the next season and beyond.

His Green Bay exit does not make me forget what a great player he was, and I hope they can mend fences and get together on what is a well-deserved celebration of his career in a public ceremony at Lambeau. I don't know how the fans would react on that day, but hopefully with class and remembering all that he gave the fans during his time in Green Bay, regardless of how it ended or who he ended up playing for.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Interesting quote from the Favre presser.

Favre: "I think last year and the year before I was tired and it took awhile but I came back. Something told me this time not to come back. It took awhile once again. Once again, I wondered if it was the right decision. But I think in my situation, and I had this conversation with Mike and Ted, that it's a unique situation in that at 17 years I had one of the better years in my career, the team had a great year, everything seems to be going great, the team wants me back, I still can play, for the most part everyone would think I would be back, would want me back. That's a unique situation going into an 18th season. There's no guarantees next year, personally and as a team, and I'm well aware of that. It's a tough business and last year and the year before I questioned whether or not I should come back because I didn't play at a high enough level. Other people questioned that. I really didn't question my commitment. I just wondered, 'Could I not play anymore?' I know I can play. But this year, and this is not the first year but it really to me and Deanna was more noticeable, the stress part of it. It's demanding. It always has been, but I think as I've gotten older I'm much more aware of that. I'm much more aware of how hard it is to win in this league and to play at a high level. I'm not up to the challenge anymore. I can play, but I'm not up to the challenge. You can't just show up and play for three hours on Sunday. If you could, there'd be a lot more people doing it and they'd be doing it for a lot longer. I have way too much pride, I expect a lot out of myself, and if I cannot do those things 100 percent, then I can't play."

From BF's own words in March MM & TT want him back as the starting QB in 2008.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Well stated. No, never an easy exit for a star. Hard to plan to be succeeded by the next guy, but if you give the team a reason to replace you (retirement and delaying decision to come back until July), don't be surprised that you are not back as the starter automatically. Then, it's nothing to do with your play on the field, but how you handle your business off the field, and the team's need to get ready for the next season and beyond.

His Green Bay exit does not make me forget what a great player he was, and I hope they can mend fences and get together on what is a well-deserved celebration of his career in a public ceremony at Lambeau. I don't know how the fans would react on that day, but hopefully with class and remembering all that he gave the fans during his time in Green Bay, regardless of how it ended or who he ended up playing for.
    Carolina_Packer:

I truly believe (not just hope) that that day will be a truly great day in Green Bay.

The cheers will be loud....very loud for 'the Green Bay Packer Legend'. We won't likely see another like him.

The reason I believe that is for all that MAN gave of himself in Green Bay. Classless objector positions certainly won't dominate 'Brett Favre's Appreciation Day' in Green Bay. The soon to come day when his number four is retired and he's proudly inducted into the Green Bay Packers Hall Of Fame, where he so very richly deserves to be. Such imaginations are pure nonsense. I truly believe that love defeats HATRED.

The fans reaction to his being honored in Green Bay. I believe that has to be a small concern, for Brett Favre and his family and closest friends. I do believe that Favre reads Packer forum reactions. Brett Favre loves football and what people and his fans thinks affects him. Brett Favre 'only' tested himself against .... could he give his best. Brett Favre is a very special man. I've never seen such an emotional Pro Star athlete, that desired to give so much to his fans. He got right there as a Green Bay Packer and football player of outstanding quality.

No QB in the NFL was tested more and survived to win more in his time as a Green bay Packer. Therein lies and survives for all time...THE LEGEND. That's an irrefutable fact of TRUTH. It's unlikely that any football player ever played with more heart than Brett Favre. We'll not likely see anyone ever again with the greatness of Brett Favre.

I fear...not if as Packer fans, we don't get collectively past hatred.

I hope that Brett Favre reads this post and my stances on this thread.

I hope that Brett Favre clearly knows that he's going down in the books and memories of football people:

As the the outstanding football player he will remain for all time. I hope that my support for him against all the derisions he reads on Packer forms. Gives him hope in the realistic outcome; that CLASS always defeats classless.

LOVE and FORGIVNESS ALWAYS DEFEATS hatred.

I love you Brett Favre... it's going to be very proper and very good man.

I'll be cheering you with all my power and might.

Why do I stand with such passion!?

As a solidly concerned Green Bay Packer fan. I'm positive that a stance such as mine is more than good; more than right. It's imperative for the future of the team I love. The Green Bay Packers.

I stand with passion because I'm a member of Packerrats where strong negative opinion exists against a great Green Bay Packer player. If I'm defeated in my position the haters win another battle. So I fight or stand in strong. I cannot be more or less than my Fathers son.

My stance is about the positive and best future of the Green Bay Packers NOT some senseless and selfish fan (s) that doesn't/don't know any better than to smeer Brett Favre... to hate Brett Favre. That doesn't realize that his/her extreme negative ways will possibly bring down the future of the Green Bay Packer Organization, in terms of 'deserving to win'. In terms of the TRUTH of the LAWS Of KARMA.

It's about karma Packerrats. Never challenge or oppose good KARMA with hateful and negative/wrongful positions.

Forgiving Brett Favre is a very good thing. Maybe? ... accept Brett Favre for the awesome Green Bay Packer; he has always tried so hard and proved to be. The BEST winner in his time in Green Bay. That's what he certainly helped give Y'all. Appreciate 'just' that as the smartest move you'll make.

GO GREEN BAY PACKER FANS >>> GO FOR POSITIVE KARMA !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-29-2013 at 01:33 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Carolina_Packer:

I truly believe (not just hope) that that day will be a truly great day in Green Bay.

The cheers will be loud....very loud for 'the Green Bay Packer Legend'. We won't likely see another like him.

The reason I believe that is for all that MAN gave of himself in Green Bay. Classless objector positions certainly won't dominate 'Brett Favre's Appreciation Day' in Green Bay. The soon to come day when his number four is retired and he's proudly inducted into the Green bay Packers Hall Of Fame where he so very richly deserves to be. Such imaginations are pure nonsense. I truly believe that love defeats HATRED.

The fans reaction to his being honored in Green Bay. I believe that has to be a small concern for Brett Favre and his family and closest friends. I do believe that Favre reads Packer forum reactions. Brett Favre loves football and what people and his fans thinks affects him. Brett Favre 'only' tested himself against .... could he give his best. Brett Favre is a very special man. I've never seen such an emotional Pro Star athlete, that desired to give so much to his fans and he got right there as a Green Bay Packer. No QB in the NFL was tested more and survived to win more in his time as a Green bay Packer. Therein lies and survives for all time...THEv LEGEND. That's an irrefutable fact of TRUTH. It's unlikely that any football player ever played with more heart than Brett Favre. We'll not likely see anyone ever again with the greatness of Brett Favre.

Certainly not if as Packer fans we don't get collectively past hatred.

I hope that Brett Favre reads this post and my stances on this thread.

I hope that Brett Favre clearly knows that he's going down in the books and memories of football people:

As the the outstanding football player he will remain for all time. I hope that my support for him against all the derisions he reads on Packer forms. Gives him hope in the realistic outcome that CLASS always defeats classless.

LOVE and FORGIVNESS ALWAYS DEFEATS HATRED.

I love you Brett Favre....it's going to be very proper and very good man.

I will be cheering you with all my power and might.

Why do I stand with such passion!? As a solid Green Bay Packer fan I'm positive that a stance such as mine is good.

My stance is about the positive and best future of the Green Bay Packers NOT some senseless and selfish fan that don't know any better than to smeer Brett Favre to hate Brett Favre. That don't realize that his/her extreme negative ways will bring down the future of the Green Bay Packer Organization in terms of 'deserving to win'.

It's about karma Packerrats. Never challenge or oppose good KARMA with hateful and negative positions.

Forgiving Brett Favre is a very good thing. Maybe? ... accept Brett Favre for the awesome Green Bay Packer he has always tried so hard and proved to be to be 'just that'. The BEST winner in his time in Green Bay. That's what he certainly helped give y'all. Appreciate 'just' that as the smartest move you'll make.

GO GREEN BAY PACKER FANS >>> GO FOR POSITIVE KARMA !
    “we won’t see another like him”

- True we will not see another player exactly like him. But as good as him or better? Check back with me in about five years.

“I hope that Brett Favre reads this post and my stances on this thread.”

- He's not.

“I love you Brett Favre...”

- Thats just weird.

”As the the outstanding football player he will remain for all time. I hope that my support for him against all the derisions he reads on Packer forms. Gives him hope in the realistic outcome that CLASS always defeats classless.”

-So you have class if you support Brett Favre blindly and you don’t have class otherwise. Interesting.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    “we won’t see another like him”

- True we will not see another player exactly like him. But as good as him or better? Check back with me in about five years.

“I hope that Brett Favre reads this post and my stances on this thread.”

- He's not.

“I love you Brett Favre...”

- Thats just weird.

”As the the outstanding football player he will remain for all time. I hope that my support for him against all the derisions he reads on Packer forms. Gives him hope in the realistic outcome that CLASS always defeats classless.”

-So you have class if you support Brett Favre blindly and you don’t have class otherwise. Interesting.
    You pick 'your pill' >>> I'll pick mine.

GO PACKERS !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Here is a question I have asked myself many times, one that I don't have the answer for:

If BF had spent the bulk of his career playing on a team I cared little for, and basically duplicated his record setting performance for them, complete with his personal trials and tribulations. If he then ended his career for them with a private locker room, 5 years of threatened retirements, years of playing junior GM, the same late career playoff performances and an official retirement and unretirement. If he then took to the national airwaves to denigrate the franchise. If he was then traded to the Jets, did all the same things there both on and off the field, including comments about and actions against his former team and propositions/sexting to female empoyees. If he then went to his former team's chief competitor and finished out his career there much like he did in MN:

If I watched all that from afar as a Packer fan with no emotional tie to Brett Favre, what would I think of him?

Should I think differently just because he DID play for my favorite team?

I can't answer the first, but I answer the second, "NO".

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Here is a question I have asked myself many times, one that I don't have the answer for:

If BF had spent the bulk of his career playing on a team I cared little for, and basically duplicated his record setting performance for them, complete with his personal trials and tribulations. If he then ended his career for them with a private locker room, 5 years of threatened retirements, years of playing junior GM, the same late career playoff performances and an official retirement and unretirement. If he then took to the national airwaves to denigrate the franchise. If he was then traded to the Jets, did all the same things there both on and off the field, including comments about and actions against his former team and propositions/sexting to female empoyees. If he then went to his former team's chief competitor and finished out his career there much like he did in MN:

If I watched all that from afar as a Packer fan with no emotional tie to Brett Favre, what would I think of him?

What do you think of the way LeBron James treated Cleveland? A classless individual is just that, no matter where they play.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    What do you think of the way LeBron James treated Cleveland? A classless individual is just that, no matter where they play.
    Sure, but I find Favre to being lacking in class anyway. The Brett Favre situation goes well beyond how Lebron James acted toward Cleveland. I think I might see Favre as much lower than just classless.

While Lebron acted crappy and childish I just don't care, and quite frankly was sick of it by day 3. I am certain that most viewers felt the same way about the BF situation. The great part about the Lebron situation is nobody cares anymore outside of Cleveland, and once BF is in the HOF and packers HOF nobody will care outside of the GB fans about his Favreness anymore.

Sure, but I find Favre to being lacking in class anyway. The Brett Favre situation goes well beyond how Lebron James acted toward Cleveland. I think I might see Favre as much lower than just classless.
    I think the Cavalier fans would say the same about Lebron, its all perspective.

Jumbo Rat HOFer

Great thought. I think that is the reason why I cannot stand Elway and E. Manning.

Both told the team that drafted them to pound sand/forced trades.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

The Packers were dragged through months/years of shit because of him. I guess in thinking about it further, being a Packer fan is cause for a little more vitriol for ol' #4. I'd rather not see my team of choice in the news for anything other than what happens on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    I think the Cavalier fans would say the same about Lebron, its all perspective.
    Lebron treated the franchise poorly concerning if he would or wouldn't leave, and said a few things about the franchise. But I'm not aware of anything that went on for more than the one off season, anything rising to the level of Favre's criticism of the franchise, or his continued actions to undermine the franchise after he left. I'm not aware of anything approaching Favre actions toward female employees.

The Packers were dragged through months/years of shit because of him. I guess in thinking about it further, being a Packer fan is cause for a little more vitriol for ol' #4. I'd rather not see my team of choice in the news for anything other than what happens on the field.
    Good point, maybe I simply wouldn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Great thought. I think that is the reason why I cannot stand Elway and E. Manning.

Both told the team that drafted them to pound sand/forced trades.
    Ya, those two guys are not among my favorites either, for just that reason.

Lebron treated the franchise poorly concerning if he would or wouldn't leave, and said a few things about the franchise. But I'm not aware of anything that went on for more than the one off season, anything rising to the level of Favre's criticism of the franchise, or his continued actions to undermine the franchise after he left. I'm not aware of anything approaching Favre actions toward female employees.
    And yet if you listen to Cavaliers fans there is still a high level of animosity towards him by some, much like the BF situation in GB. I am not saying Lebron acted as poorly as Favre (or vise versa) just saying that if you are passionate about something and someone attacks it you will react much stronger than a passive observer. I am certain many Cleveland fans would argue Lebron's actions are much worse than Favre's.
    Most people don't really care anymore outside of the fans and media looking for an easy story.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    And yet if you listen to Cavaliers fans there is still a high level of animosity towards him by some, much like the BF situation in GB. I am not saying Lebron acted as poorly as Favre (or vise versa) just saying that if you are passionate about something and someone attacks it you will react much stronger than a passive observer. I am certain many Cleveland fans would argue Lebron's actions are much worse than Favre's.
    Most people don't really care anymore outside of the fans and media looking for an easy story.
    Sure, but that's why I premised my questions by trying to put myself in the position of a non-fan, Favre being with a team I wasn't a fan of. I try to compare Favre to other situations, like Roethlisberger, for example. While Favre's action might have been less severe than Roethlisberger's with respect to women, Favre seems to have a long list of actions in a variety of categories, sort of like the various infamous WRs who have been aggravations to their teams. I do have opinions about Roethlisberger, Owens, Moss, etc. It is difficult for me to decide where Favre would fit on my list if he were not a Packer.

Over at the Football's Future forum fans of other teams don't seem to understand why so many Packer fans have animosity towards Favre even to this day. They tell us to "get over it". I responded to them saying because they are not Packer fans they don't understand/care about this so MYOB.

Cavalier fans were treated miserably by just about everyone over LeBron's pending FA. While you could accuse LeBron of not doing enough to tamp down speculation, the media and fans went nuts for two years about his pending FA. If he wore a non-Indians baseball cap, it was 3 days of 'does the cap tell us where LeBron wants to go'? Everyone thought he would leave. That added to the level of disappointment, it seemed like piling on most of the time.

I don't begrudge Favre throwing his weight around the few times he did it prior to 2008. Compared to other QB divas it was mild and not terribly public. You had to really be paying attention to the Moss FA thing to know he was involved enough to be disappointed and no one outside of us knew about Favre HQ in the Locker Room. When he spoke about FA under Sherman, he knew the cap was pretty tight so his expectations were limited. Thompson having gained space exacerbated the drought prior to Woodson and Pickett. Being excused from offseason workouts and parts of OTA are common among veterans.

It is only remarkable to me to the extent that they point to growing dissatisfaction between Favre and the club. I don't think anyone was prepared for that. So his post retirement behavior was both a surprise and disappointing. The problem is that we can't separate out the Packers blunders which certainly contributed to the extended drama.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Over at the Football's Future forum fans of other teams don't seem to understand why so many Packer fans have animosity towards Favre even to this day. They tell us to "get over it". I responded to them saying because they are not Packer fans they don't understand/care about this so MYOB.
    I think that is the best answer to Patler's question. If he played for another franchise, we would wonder why everyone's undies are still bundled.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.