Page 512 of 563 FirstFirst ... 12 412 462 502 510 511 512 513 514 522 562 ... LastLast
Results 10,221 to 10,240 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

The thread that just won't die.

When's his jersey getting retired? 2016? That's at least 3 more years of Farve chatter.

We are easily going to hit 600 pages before his jersey retirement OR the Hall of Fame ceremony.

Sharpe makes a pitch for Favre to Buffalo

Sharpe, who specifically directed that message to the Bills, said Favre is running four or five miles per day and riding his bike 30 to 40 miles per day.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Flat out nuts. Got to hand it to him though, he's taken the 'no off-season training' thing a step further. If he were to come back now, he'd successfully avoid off-season camps, training camp AND the first 1/4 of the season!

Not to mention...Buffalo??? I'd think the reason he'd want to come back would be for a shot at a ring, that's not going to happen in Buffalo! Plus, in case he's not aware, the amount of snow that place gets makes Green Bay look like the Sahara at times.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I certainly hope Favre comes back. Why not? If he can play he can play.

At this point, I am rooting for him to play at fifty like George Blanda or Minny Minoso.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I'm over the emotional bs and ready to cheer for him if he stays away from the NFC north.

Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar
    If BF comes back, what would the funniest injury to him be? I'm thinking if he breaks a hip.
    - Once again, adding absolutely nothing to the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeefers View Post
    If BF comes back, what would the funniest injury to him be? I'm thinking if he breaks a hip.
    Especially if he does it falling down stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Especially if he does it falling down stairs.
    "I've fallen and I can't get up!"

Seriously, it would be rad to see him come in and play decently.

Senior Rat Veteran TravisWilliams23's Avatar
    Greta Van Susteren is sooooo full of shit. Bert called her show tonight as a "surprise" caller and it just happens to be his birthday. Greta said the Pack "owes you" and "they need to call you up to retire his number". What a crock of shit. I don't know what has been done up to this point by either side to reconcile the split but it's not a one-way deal here sweetie. If you want to listen to the BS here's the site:
    http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-the-record/index.html

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    the Pack "owes you" and "they need to call you up to retire his number"
    I agree with this. The Packers owe Bert for years and years of superlative QBing and being the face of the Packers revival. They need to call him and set up the number retirement after he is in the HOF. That's just SOP.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by TravisWilliams23 View Post
    Greta Van Susteren is sooooo full of shit. Bert called her show tonight as a "surprise" caller and it just happens to be his birthday. Greta said the Pack "owes you" and "they need to call you up to retire his number". What a crock of shit. I don't know what has been done up to this point by either side to reconcile the split but it's not a one-way deal here sweetie. If you want to listen to the BS here's the site:
    http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-the-record/index.html
    Are you suggesting Brett should call up the Packers and tell them to retire his number?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Many more!

although four hours late, happy bday packer savior!! GB owes their resurrection to you like lazarus oh Lord Favre

Senior Rat Veteran TravisWilliams23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Are you suggesting Brett should call up the Packers and tell them to retire his number?
    Not at all. I said I don't know what HAS BEEN DONE up to this point BY EITHER SIDE. BOTH sides have to reconcile. I don't know the exact dollar amount the Packers paid BF over his career but it's close to 100 million. For Greta to suggest the Packers "OWE" BF is a total crock of shit. If they retire his number great, if not great. IMO he really damaged his Packer reputation with his late career decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I agree with this. The Packers owe Bert for years and years of superlative QBing and being the face of the Packers revival. They need to call him and set up the ring of honor ceremony after he is in the pro football HOF. That's just SOP.
    fixed. I don't like the number retirement thing - for any player.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Come on 600!
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Sharpe, who specifically directed that message to the Bills, said Favre is running four or five miles per day and riding his bike 30 to 40 miles per day.
    "I know I can still play"

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I call bull to the shit on that.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I agree with this. The Packers owe Bert for years and years of superlative QBing and being the face of the Packers revival. They need to call him and set up the number retirement after he is in the HOF. That's just SOP.
    I thought they did that already and he declined?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    I thought they did that already and he declined?
    Pro Football HOF, dear. The Packer HOF is a whole different issue. Pro HOF certain things are triggered: ring of honor with a ceremony to reveal the name. Suck it up Packers and get him in there in a couple of years. (really, they should put him in the Packer HOF before that, even if he doesn't show).