Page 513 of 563 FirstFirst ... 13 413 463 503 511 512 513 514 515 523 ... LastLast
Results 10,241 to 10,260 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

with all the pick 6 talk lately someone compiled a list. guess who's #1 on the list with 35...lol...35. i can only think of a handful...damn!!

http://www.footballperspective.com/

btw...i thought long and hard about bumping this fucking thread. lol

Chris Redman with an insane 1% of passes returned for pick 6's - that's not going to earn you your coaches favour!

Can't entirely blame his though. He had a bad tackling offense
    35.7% of his INTs were returned for TDs, the averaqe is close to 10%, so 3x as many of his INTs were returned for TD. I wonder if that's on Redman?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Blog Entries
    The great Brint will be on NFL live this AM (Oct 20).

He will comment on all the angst one feels when returning "home" to play a ball game.

I have no idea what Favre can really bring to that discussion. The ONLY thing the 2 situations have in common is he and Peyton returned to play against the team they cut their teeth with. Favre wanted revenge against TT and MM for having the audacity to chose to start Rodgers AFTER #4 retired. Peyton knew the team didn't want to pay an injured player his huge salary and left the team amicably.

Blog Entries
    BLF allowed as how Peyton would be nervous for the game.

Then he said that Tony Romo was a good player that took a lot of chances.

Then he laughed and said he did, too.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    BLF allowed as how Peyton would be nervous for the game.

Then he said that Tony Romo was a good player that took a lot of chances.

Then he laughed and said he did, too.
    Is there anything left for him to do? For what it's worth, I think Favre was a player that most NFL fans enjoyed watching all the time. Packer fans only enjoyed watching him half the time.

He said he has Aaron Rodgers as his Fantasy Football League QB this year. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I have no idea what Favre can really bring to that discussion. The ONLY thing the 2 situations have in common is he and Peyton returned to play against the team they cut their teeth with. Favre wanted revenge against TT and MM for having the audacity to chose to start Rodgers AFTER #4 retired. Peyton knew the team didn't want to pay an injured player his huge salary and left the team amicably.
    That's certainly true in terms of how he handled things publicly. However, there's considerable debate about how he feels privately about Irsay's decision to let him go.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...k-7-storylines

Manning had ample opportunity to smooth over the narrative this week, to let Irsay off the hook for the awkward comments the Colts owner made to USA Today about why he let the quarterback go, comments that made Irsay sound, perhaps inadvertently, ungrateful for the one Super Bowl they won together.

Manning did not do it. He was clipped in declining to address what Irsay had said. This, then, was about what Manning did not say and the way he did not say it.

There is little doubt Manning's departure from Indianapolis was wrenching and that it still rankles. You don't say something like "I've learned that in life you need to be at peace with other people's decisions that affect you, that you have no control over," without revealing that the bromide has been put to the test in the past 18 months.

Brandt: Trades that could work
    With the trade deadline fast approaching, Gil Brandt cooks up five hypothetical deals that would benefit all parties involved. READ
    But since joining the Broncos, Manning has assiduously avoided addressing his exit. Bill Polian, the man who drafted Manning and was fired by the Colts not long before Manning was released, believes it is far more difficult for the quarterback to play games against his brother, Eli, than to return to Lucas Oil Stadium and oppose his old team.

Still, it was hard to watch Manning this week and not come away thinking he's angry at Irsay's remarks. And that the response Manning most wants to make will come in the final score, which he would undoubtedly prefer to be lopsided, to provide the resounding rejoinder to the notion that the Colts' decision to release him and move on with Luck was best for all parties.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries
    I think it was entertaning; Favre said he may be in shape but he's not remotedly in football shape and he has no interest in playing football anymore. Somehow the discussion moved to how he plays fantasy football.......and AROD was his QB....and a light flipped on and he noted he had about 20 minutes to update and get his starting lineup in
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    He said he has Aaron Rodgers as his Fantasy Football League QB this year. Interesting.
    Yeah, that was kool..!
    He looks like he's aged 6 years in 3 years, clearly drinking more beer than water

Throwing Red Flags All Over McCarthy's Lawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous View Post
    Yeah, that was kool..!
    He looks like he's aged 6 years in 3 years, clearly drinking more beer than water
    Holy shit ya...he's looking 60 now. I mean hey he had grey hair and was in his early 40's with the Vikes but I guess his Karma of cheating on Deanna caught up with him, as he can only drive so far on his lawn tractor to get away now. Damn..he looks like Don Shula...or Fritz :

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...urn-to-Lambeau
    Snake's Twitter comments would be LEGENDARY.........if I was ugly or gave a shit about Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous View Post
    Yeah, that was kool..!
    Look.

New kid.

Welcome. How long have you been lurking?

Don't accept anything from Harlan.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeLH2006 View Post
    Holy shit ya...he's looking 60 now. I mean hey he had grey hair and was in his early 40's with the Vikes but I guess his Karma of cheating on Deanna caught up with him, as he can only drive so far on his lawn tractor to get away now. Damn..he looks like Don Shula...or Fritz :

I bet he could still kick your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeLH2006 View Post

I am a sexy beast. An aging, balding, graying beast, but a sexy one nonetheless.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I am a sexy beast. An aging, balding, graying beast, but a sexy one nonetheless.
    You, yes. Him, less so.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

--
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

St Louis should be concentrating on tanking and accumulating high draft picks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Fish is losing it.

I wonder if this is for real?

At least this time, I'd have a helluva lot less angst about Brint coming back.

It'd be more like a sick curiosity.

Man, I was pissed when he joined the Queens.

Now, I think it's more adding to that goof's Huck Finn legend

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Fish is losing it.

I wonder if this is for real?

At least this time, I'd have a helluva lot less angst about Brint coming back.

It'd be more like a sick curiosity.

Man, I was pissed when he joined the Queens.

Now, I think it's more adding to that goof's Huck Finn legend
    Fish will have Brady Quinn backing up Kellen Clemens, so in a way you can't blame him.

It took a lot to convince Favre it was time to retire, but that last season in Minny did the trick.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    St Louis should be concentrating on tanking and accumulating high draft picks.

I believe they are. They did call a 44 year old retired quarterback, didn't they?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack