Page 517 of 563 FirstFirst ... 17 417 467 507 515 516 517 518 519 527 ... LastLast
Results 10,321 to 10,340 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Calling Scott Campbell!
    Favre is done but ... my ohh my:

What a story that comeback, in real terms, would be.

It certainly seems as if he's physically sound (in solid shape) but for the contact?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...sippi/2973891/

Brett Favre finds family, football fix in Mississippi

Lindsay H. Jones, USA TODAY Sports 12:29 p.m. EDT October 13, 2013

" Yes, he is indeed in perhaps the best physical condition of his life, on par with even his fittest days as a 20-something NFL superstar quarterback.

Favre is back to his playing weight, 220 pounds, thanks to a cardio regimen that includes 5-mile runs or long bike rides nearly every morning. His right arm hasn't lost much velocity, either, said Oak Grove players who have seen him sling it in practice.

Bus Cook, Favre's longtime agent, wasn't kidding when he said recently that Favre probably could still play in the NFL if he wanted to. But there is no want to."

GO PACK GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 11-05-2013 at 03:38 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

how long before we hear bus cook tell the media that "unnamed representatives" from the packers made an inquiry about his client?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    how long before we hear bus cook tell the media that "unnamed representatives" from the packers made an inquiry about his client?
    http://fansided.com/2013/11/05/brett...n-wont-happen/

Brett Favre, Packers reunion (in aftermath of the Aaron Rodgers injury) won’t happen

By Josh Sanchez - Nov 5th, 2013 at 10:51 am

" As soon as the Green Bay Packers watched quarterback Aaron Rodgers go down with an injury to his left collarbone, there was immediately concern about what the Packers would do if Rodgers was forced to miss significant time.

One of the ridiculous rumors was that the Packers would reach out to future Hall of Famer Brett Favre, but don’t get your hopes up for any kind of reunion.

According to Gabe Neitzel of ESPN Milwaukee, who reached out to Favre’s agent Bus Cook, the veteran quarterback is retired."

NOTE: Nothing new here. For the rest of this story please click on the LINK above
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

On Mike and Mike QB guru Jon Gruden just said the Pack should phone Brett...it really is amazing how much of an icon he had/has become despite his gaffes (had disturbing vision of the 4th and 26 game/OT nonsense only 3 points scored after the 1st quarter!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous View Post
    On Mike and Mike QB guru Jon Gruden just said the Pack should phone Brett...it really is amazing how much of an icon he had/has become despite his gaffes (had disturbing vision of the 4th and 26 game/OT nonsense only 3 points scored after the 1st quarter!!!)
    It sounded like he had tongue halfway in cheek when he said it.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Anyone who seriously thinks Favre should be an option must not have watched his last year in MN, before he was injured.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    It sounded like he had tongue halfway in cheek when he said it.
    or halfway somewhere in Favre's posterior
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    or halfway somewhere in Favre's posterior
    Repped

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous View Post
    Is that you Mobb?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Anyone who seriously thinks Favre should be an option must not have watched his last year in MN, before he was injured.
    OK I'll bite.

Seneca Wallace (since 2010) or Brett Favre (2010) = a toss up ?

Nope. I'd take Brett Favre yesterday over Seneca Wallace today.

Let's see how we all feel come next Sunday evening. The Packers are going to have to fight for their collective lives to defeat the Philadelphia Eagles with Seneca Wallace under center. This next game will be a true measure of the strength and depth of our team.

Incidently some favourable good news. Vegas has us as early week 1.5 point favourites over the Eagles.

GO PACKERS !

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    OK I'll bite.

Let's see how we all feel come next Sunday evening. The Packers are going to have to fight for their collective lives to defeat the Philadelphia Eagles with Seneca Wallace under center. This next game will be a true measure of the strength and depth of our team.

Incidently some favourable good news. Vegas has us as early week 1.5 point favourites over the Eagles.

GO PACKERS !
    Absolutely, Favre now is still 1000 times the QB Wallace ever was on his best day. That said, it's crazy that some people have to keep dredging this up, then they criticize Favre for not being able to let go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Absolutely, Favre now is still 1000 times the QB Wallace ever was on his best day. That said, it's crazy that some people have to keep dredging this up, then they criticize Favre for not being able to let go.
    how can you honestly say that favre is 1000 times better right now?

the last time we saw him play he was absolute shit. 11 TDs, 19ints, a career lows completion %.

many people were even thinking he got benched at the end of the season the whole injury story was just a cover. and now he hasn't played in 3 years

how the hell can anyone truthfully cay favre is better then anyone at this point

bart starr is still alive, he was good when he played for us, age doesn't matter

lets give bart a call

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    how can you honestly say that favre is 1000 times better right now?

the last time we saw him play he was absolute shit. 11 TDs, 19ints, a career lows completion %.

many people were even thinking he got benched at the end of the season the whole injury story was just a cover. and now he hasn't played in 3 years

how the hell can anyone truthfully cay favre is better then anyone at this point

bart starr is still alive, he was good when he played for us, age doesn't matter

lets give bart a call
    Favre at his worst is still better than Wallace at his best, and Wallace is far from his best these days. In the very least Favre still has a more powerful arm than Wallace and he's 11 years older. Starr probably has a better arm than Wallace also.
    Last edited by Rutnstrut; 11-06-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Favre at his worst is still better than Wallace at his best, and Wallace is far from his best these days. In the very least Favre still has a more powerful arm than Wallace and he's 11 years older. Starr probably has a better arm than Wallace also.
    It is assertions like this that are stupid. We all know that BF was the better QB over his whole career but 3 years later at 43 who knows?

Just to prove you wrong:

BF - 26/44 281y 2TDs 6INTs 53.5 QBR STL Playoff Game
    BF - 17/32 153y 0TDs 2INTs 40.2 QBR Bears-Pack 2007
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    It is assertions like this that are stupid. We all know that BF was the better QB over his whole career but 3 years later at 43 who knows?

Just to prove you wrong:

BF - 26/44 281y 2TDs 6INTs 53.5 QBR STL Playoff Game
    BF - 17/32 153y 0TDs 2INTs 40.2 QBR Bears-Pack 2007
    I don`t believe that when Brett Favre is selected as a first ballot HOFer he`ll be remembered for those very poor outings.

What rings strange to me is why would anyone ... moreso ... a Green Bay Packer fan? It`s crap like that that always burns my ass as a Packer fan viewing other Packer fans.

It`s stuff like that that spells it out clearly. `

That if Brett Favre ever seriously considered any attention or offer to consider a return to the Green Bay Packers. He`d be sadly mistaken in terms of any gratitude on behalf of those Packer fans that for the most part hold no sense of real appreciation for all he gave to the Green Bay Packers as the dedicated and resilient QB and competitor that he was.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I don`t believe that when Brett Favre is selected as a first ballot HOFer he`ll be remembered for those very poor outings.

What rings strange to me is why would anyone ... moreso ... a Green Bay Packer fan? It`s crap like that that always burns my ass as a Packer fan viewing other Packer fans.

It`s stuff like that that spells it out clearly. `

That if Brett Favre ever seriously considered any attention or offer to consider a return to the Green Bay Packers. He`d be sadly mistaken in terms of any gratitude on behalf of those Packer fans that for the most part hold no sense of real appreciation for all he gave to the Green Bay Packers as the dedicated and resilient QB and competitor that he was.
    I doubt he'll be remembered for those games either. That isn't what I said. Rutnstrut said "Favre at his worst is better than Wallace at his best." I picked two games I clearly remember as a Packer fan where Favre played like crap. Yes even HOF QBs are going to have crap games. ARod had one a couple of weeks ago. I will remember that also.

Yes I have a good memory and instead of "Creating the Myth" that is BF I will remember who he really was, both the good and the bad. I will remember the Super Bowl win and then the Super Bowl loss the next year. I will remember the OAK game after his dad died and the 2007 playoff game against the Giants. I will remember that GB had a chance to win any game that BF started. I will remember all the come from behind fourth quarter victories and all the fourth quarter INTs that sealed a loss.

When BF goes into the HOF he will be remembered as having the most wins, yards and TDs of any QB. He will be remebered for 3 MVPs in a row and a Super Bowl victory. He will be remembered as an Iron Man.

He will also be remebered by having the most INTs of any QB and how he left GB.

That is who BF is.
    Last edited by ThunderDan; 11-06-2013 at 06:08 PM.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

nicely put TD

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I doubt he'll be remembered for those games either. That isn't what I said. Rutnstrut said "Favre at his worst is better than Wallace at his best." I picked two games I clearly remember as a Packer fan where Favre played like crap. Yes even HOF QBs are going to have crap games. ARod had one a couple of weeks ago. I will remember that also.

Yes I have a good memory and instead of "Creating the Myth" that is BF I will remember who he really was, both the good and the bad. I will remember the Super Bowl win and then the Super Bowl loss the next year. I will remember the OAK game after his dad died and the 2007 playoff game against the Giants. I will remember that GB had a chance to win any game that BF started. I will remember all the come from behind fourth quarter victories and all the fourth quarter INTs that sealed a loss.

When BF goes into the HOF he will be remembered as having the most wins, yards and TDs of any QB. He will be remebered for 3 MVPs in a row and a Super Bowl victory. He will be remembered as an Iron Man.

He will also be remebered by having the most INTs of any QB and how he left GB.

That is who BF is.
    Yup. I misunderstood your position and former response.

Good return response ThunderDan. I remember all of those times as well and many many more. Brett Favre is hardly any Pro athlete that a fan could forget easily.

OK I'll bite.

GO PACKERS !
    For me, it has nothing to do with Seneca Wallace. Even if Wallace is terrible, I don't want Brett Favre back. My recollection is he was not very good in 2010. As Red mentioned, there was much talk about whether he should be benched, and if the Vikings would end his streak in that way.

Now, he is three years older.

I remember Johnny Unitas trying to play a final year with the Chargers, and Willie Mays playing a final year with the Mets. It was sad watching formerly great players who had deteriorated so much. Neither belonged in their game anymore. I'm not a big Favre supporter, but I also have no interest in seeing him embarass himself or the team.

I would rather see what Scott Tolzien can do.

We're all freaking out because Seneca Wallace didn't look very good, but neither did Matty Flynn when he came in against Detroit in 2010. But the next week he looked better.

I think Seneca Wallace is a back up because he's not that good, and we've been spoiled, so for Packer fans he looked awful. But he'll be better this week.

No back up is going to satisfy a Packer fan, because Packer fans have gotten used to superior QB play over the past twenty years.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack