Page 522 of 563 FirstFirst ... 22 422 472 512 520 521 522 523 524 532 ... LastLast
Results 10,421 to 10,440 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    maybe his forearms look so big because of jenn, can't imagine things have been all nicey-nicey at home since croc gate happened

i know my forearms are pretty big

Ehh red ...... are you "BIG" like this guy?

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    This is the thread for stories about former NFL QBs, right? Seems like as good a place as any...

Mugshot of McNabb - supposedly for a 'criminal traffic citation'. AFAIK, all traffic tickets are inherently criminal offenses, but you don't generally end up getting a mugshot taken! Probably DUI, or he his someone. Kind of odd they didn't release that information.

http://ktar.com/22/1724244/Former-NF...n-Phoenix-area
    No Guiness !

Donovan McNabb news shouldn't have been placed on the Brett Favre thread but here it is just like "peanuts in the shell" at a gourmet food banquet.

Brett Favre:

Packer QB...Future HOFer...Legendary...Ironman... Leads all NFL QB's in Touchdown Pass's (508 TD's)...Leads all NFL QBs in Yards Passing (71,838 yards)....Leads all NFL QB's in Pass Completions ( 6300) .... Leads all NFL QB's in pass attempts (10,169) and....

Chipping in Leads all NFL QB's in starts by a player (298), and wins by a starting quarterback (186).

Known as one of if not the Greatest NFL Gunslingers of ALL TIME and this had a cost. He leads the NFL ALL TIME in Picks with 336...... that's one pick for every 18.75 pass's completed; one (1) pick for every 214 yards passing.

Donovan McNabb shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence with Brett Favre little more be placed on this thread but here it is. That's the stuff that makes the world "spin'.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    My very FIRST post in this thread EVER!

TOO SOON! There are THREE parties to this saga... TT and the Pack Org, BF, and the Fans... WE the fans aren't ready yet... I'll admit I'm not ready yet... save this supposed 'happy occasion' for a time when all THREE parties can and will enjoy it... As it stands right now, BF and TT and the Pack Org have been making amends... some fans (like my father) have forgiven him, some fans don't care anymore, and some fans (let me put this politely) just aren't ready yet... If they go through with this, this season, like I'm afraid they will, its only going to come out as a negative... When it happens, I'm scared there will be more boos than cheers and that will cast a shadow over the event when if they wait a couple more years, more fans might come around on the idea... especially if BF has some time to truly show the fans he's sorry...

My reasoning for not being ready yet are mine and mine alone, other fans may share in my reasons but I don't force them on anyone and usually only share them when asked by friends or other fans... i'm willing to share them here and understand not everybody agrees... but again they are my feelings not yours...

When I think about the situation as a whole it was a huge black eye for the organization top to bottom, especially the fans (the one party not getting paid life changing sums of money, in this love triangle)... One word keeps coming to mind... Premeditated... I realize that word is usually followed by the word murder... and in NO way am I comparing murder to the GB,BF fiasco... this isn't a situation where BF got mad once, blew a fuse, and was kicked off the team... BF thought he was GM of the team... he thought he was bigger than any one piece of the team... When he couldn't dictate who made the team and who didn't, he got angry, and his anger grew... It boiled and boiled and boiled until he couldn't take it anymore... He was BF, no. 4, the man! He took things personally and in turn made things personal... Never once thinking about the people and fan base that supported him and his family in a number of heart breaking and soul searching events. To the death of a father, the death of a brother, to a cancer diagnosis, through a pain reliever addiction and others... This wasn't just ANY fan base... this was the GREEN BAY PACKER FAN BASE... and BF and his family devised a plan to not be a member of this organization anymore... He/they tried to get traded, kicked out, retired, not retired back to retired again etc... Anything he could so he could try and find his way to a rival team so he could stick it the GB family... GB tried to smooth things over in my opinion by making concessions... (at one point allowing him to come back and compete for the starting gig, another time offering $20 million to be the face of the franchise, etc...) And that's not to say GB didn't own any fault in this either, because they have guilt as well... So eventually after enough had been enough, the most unthinkable of unthinkable things happened... BF was traded and a fan base was crushed... Even after all the drama, when the trade actually went through, there was a collective gasp, 'The gut punched felt 'round the World'... A fan base lost a family member... So after a failed attempt to play QB for the JETS, whether it was a dick pick text message or high compensation he was released... Finally his Premeditating worked, he could sign with the one team he could stick it to the Packers with...

The day I saw him walk out of the tunnel in GB in a purple uniform, was the day he officially turned his back on me... I thought to myself, while shaking my head, "I hope its worth it" Up to this point everything else could have been forgiven with a little time and space... Now would have been a great time to retire his number had he not walked out of that tunnel in purple... That didn't show me that you loved the game sir, it showed me that you are selfish, vindictive, and you don't care about the people that spent countless amounts of money, sweat and tears to support you and your family... You turned your back on me sir, now that we've had success without you and showed you life goes on without you, you want to come back like a savior in shining armor and have your number retired? NO SIR, HERE'S MY BACK!
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

I'm ready. Yeah, it sucked he went to MN but we got the last laugh here. He beat us twice in that first year wearing that god-awful purple but melted down in the playoffs against the Saints throwing yet another game killing INT and then got beat to hell the following season while we went on and won the Super Bowl. It appears things are thawing between the player and the team. I'm a lot more interested in the 2014 season than I am harboring grudges against past players - even players like #4.

I think that's a very healthy attitude to have Pug... I wish I shared it with you... LOL... I'm not the booing type of fan... If I were at the retired number game I'd probably just stand there... not cheer but not boo either... I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'd rather wait a couple more years and have more fans on board with the retiring of the number... Do we really want to have more boos than cheers when we do this? It would be embarrassing to hear more boos on TV nationally than cheers... just another black eye... I very much agree as well Pug I'm ready to focus on the 2014 season... too soon to worry about number retiring...

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    Do we really want to have more boos than cheers when we do this? It would be embarrassing to hear more boos on TV nationally than cheers... just another black eye
    If you can even imagine that, you don't know Packer fans. One winning season in the 20 years prior to Favre, one losing season with him. I know there are a lot of factors, but fans aren't stupid. If you don't appreciate those Favre years, you're stupid. What happened after those years is no different than what happened when Kampman, Harris or Brown left. Who cares. When they were here, they were all fan favorites.

My very FIRST post in this thread EVER!

TOO SOON! There are THREE parties to this saga... TT and the Pack Org, BF, and the Fans... WE the fans aren't ready yet... I'll admit I'm not ready yet... save this supposed 'happy occasion' for a time when all THREE parties can and will enjoy it... As it stands right now, BF and TT and the Pack Org have been making amends... some fans (like my father) have forgiven him, some fans don't care anymore, and some fans (let me put this politely) just aren't ready yet... If they go through with this, this season, like I'm afraid they will, its only going to come out as a negative... When it happens, I'm scared there will be more boos than cheers and that will cast a shadow over the event when if they wait a couple more years, more fans might come around on the idea... especially if BF has some time to truly show the fans he's sorry...

My reasoning for not being ready yet are mine and mine alone, other fans may share in my reasons but I don't force them on anyone and usually only share them when asked by friends or other fans... i'm willing to share them here and understand not everybody agrees... but again they are my feelings not yours...

When I think about the situation as a whole it was a huge black eye for the organization top to bottom, especially the fans (the one party not getting paid life changing sums of money, in this love triangle)... One word keeps coming to mind... Premeditated... I realize that word is usually followed by the word murder... and in NO way am I comparing murder to the GB,BF fiasco... this isn't a situation where BF got mad once, blew a fuse, and was kicked off the team... BF thought he was GM of the team... he thought he was bigger than any one piece of the team... When he couldn't dictate who made the team and who didn't, he got angry, and his anger grew... It boiled and boiled and boiled until he couldn't take it anymore... He was BF, no. 4, the man! He took things personally and in turn made things personal... Never once thinking about the people and fan base that supported him and his family in a number of heart breaking and soul searching events. To the death of a father, the death of a brother, to a cancer diagnosis, through a pain reliever addiction and others... This wasn't just ANY fan base... this was the GREEN BAY PACKER FAN BASE... and BF and his family devised a plan to not be a member of this organization anymore... He/they tried to get traded, kicked out, retired, not retired back to retired again etc... Anything he could so he could try and find his way to a rival team so he could stick it the GB family... GB tried to smooth things over in my opinion by making concessions... (at one point allowing him to come back and compete for the starting gig, another time offering $20 million to be the face of the franchise, etc...) And that's not to say GB didn't own any fault in this either, because they have guilt as well... So eventually after enough had been enough, the most unthinkable of unthinkable things happened... BF was traded and a fan base was crushed... Even after all the drama, when the trade actually went through, there was a collective gasp, 'The gut punched felt 'round the World'... A fan base lost a family member... So after a failed attempt to play QB for the JETS, whether it was a dick pick text message or high compensation he was released... Finally his Premeditating worked, he could sign with the one team he could stick it to the Packers with...

The day I saw him walk out of the tunnel in GB in a purple uniform, was the day he officially turned his back on me... I thought to myself, while shaking my head, "I hope its worth it" Up to this point everything else could have been forgiven with a little time and space... Now would have been a great time to retire his number had he not walked out of that tunnel in purple... That didn't show me that you loved the game sir, it showed me that you are selfish, vindictive, and you don't care about the people that spent countless amounts of money, sweat and tears to support you and your family... You turned your back on me sir, now that we've had success without you and showed you life goes on without you, you want to come back like a savior in shining armor and have your number retired? NO SIR, HERE'S MY BACK!
    BZnDallas That's an enormous post as you pour it out there and do so with class/control. CONGRATULATIONS Packer fan.

When I Rep a post I don't often announce that to the forum. Your post is somehow special and deserves my open recognition as such.

I rate your post as a Rep + !

I'm not the BIGGEST Brett Favre fan in Packer Nation; yet I certainly cannot forget all he gave to me as a Packer fan that was great in terms of excitement. Along with that I endured the pain of disappointment "in the Brett Favre Era" that comes with pulling for a team and organization for going on six full decades. Overall I find for Favre over the way the Packers Management fumbled the ball and placing Aaron Rodgers in the position as our starting QB. Aaron Rodgers time had more than just come. His time was then ! Aaron Rodgers was certainly a smart/essential move or risk losing him in Free Agency. Aaron Rodgers was ready and he's proven that was clearly the TRUTH.

We now enjoy the Aaron Rodgers Era, yet getting back to Brett Favre and his unfortunate exit or trade from the Green Bay Packers to the New York Jets for a draft pick:

Some Packer fans and people didn't truly see Brett Favre as he existed then. Brett Favre was at the top of his game in the 2007 season and nearly won the NFL MVP award for the fourth time with his outstanding 2007 season. Going back to that time when the Packer management decided to install Aaron Rodgers as the "starting QB"; who was Brett Favre? For over a decade Favre was not only " the face of the Green Bay Packers but the face of the NFL".

I felt that the Green Bay Packer organization and much of the fan base ignored or didn't fully appreciate one outstanding quality of Favre's that any truly great Pro athlete must possess. Favre's outstanding will and passion for his sport (football); his strong desire to win and to achieve as no one else ever had. Favre also had a weakness. His desire to feel wanted in Green Bay and moreso strongly appreciated. Did such lead to a bruised ego?

I don't believe so as all he desired was to paly football and his outstanding 2007 season merited that position.

Did Favre take the Packer managements decision to go with Aaron Rodgers, personally? I don't feel it had a lot to do with Aaron Rodgers. It had to do with a conflict between Favre and managements position and not selling out to all Favre wanted. It came down to him not getting what he so desired. Such often leads to selfishness and indignation? Favre is after all human and emotional.

The bottom line as I viewed it was this:

Favre exerted his rights as a Pro football player to extend his career and pursue a desire of excellence that he worked so hard to raise to a certain high level? Like many Pro athletes of extreme prowess, Favre got back to ignoring when it was time to truly allow himself to just let go. His desire to continue exceeded any real will to retire.

I'm watching Peyton Manning to see if he does better than Brett Favre as he continues to position himself to surpass many (all of) Favre's NFL passing records.

Sometimes a man's ego can be his own worst enemy. Isn't ego related to extremes in terms of talent/skill and success?

Brett Favre left the game of football (NFL) leaving a certain imprint on the history of the NFL and level of excellence in the game of football. Brett Favre is a no brainer first time eligible inductee into the NFL Hall Of Fame in 2016.

It would be incredibly embarrassing to the outstanding history and reputation of the Green Bay Packer organization to go on ignoring Brett Favre and his certain right to be honored in Green Bay, as the tremendous Packer he was. Simply get it done or enter him in the Packer HOF [B]and retire his number 4. [B]

It's time to get this one out of the way and done RIGHT. To move to the future clearly by dealing with the past correctly and honorably.

To not get that done will be viewed forever as "sour grapes" and a perpetual black eye to the Green Bay Packers and it's "most important" history.

All ego's need to take a rest on this issue. Why? Simply because that position is best. That position serves the HISTORY of the GREEN BAY PACKERS FIRST AND FOREMOST. That's far bigger than any one member of Packer Nations gripe/dashed ego.

Any position otherwise lies with the individual and his/her struggle to cope with all that it has been. I wish y'all luck and that. As Packer fans we have more important bait to cut.

Brett Favre should be honoured and certainly appreciably by the Green Bay Packers organization no later than by the mid way point of the 2015 Season. I hope that all parties understand the gravity of ignoring getting this done.

GO PACK GO ! GO PACKERS !

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    I'm pretty much over being upset with Favre. Time heals and just like I can't remember what I ate for lunch, I can't even remember why we were mad at him. I sorta forgot he even played for the Vikings for a bit there. If they have to, maybe the Packers can put Favre4Ever on the jumbotron before they bring him out and let us all remember the fun loving young Bert cracking jokes on teammates, coaches, and refs alike.

Just have the comeback at the Midway Motor Lodge by invitation only, guaranteed enthusiastic reception. You get an invite after writing a paean to Brett in five pages. Or after 10,000 posts in one thread on a message board.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Can Favre play ILB?
    Maybe just have him come in and heckle Clay every time he gets a hangnail and wants to sit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Maybe just have him come in and heckle Clay every time he gets a hangnail and wants to sit out.
    Yeah, Clay hates playing. He should have just taped up that thumb and got his ass back out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Yeah, Clay hates playing. He should have just taped up that thumb and got his ass back out there.
    That thump injury of Clay Matthew III's might concern every Packer fan.

It might end his career as we knew it.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    That thump injury of Clay Matthew III's might concern every Packer fan.

It might end his career as we knew it.
    When you say "as we know it". Is that to mean that now he will play more or less than the 8 games or so a year, we've come to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    When you say "as we know it". Is that to mean that now he will play more or less than the 8 games or so a year, we've come to know?
    Come on now, the thumb injury is to blame for all the other years also.

Wrong thread. In ability to read data in a chart belongs in a thread Patler will see.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Preciate the love Woodbuck. As for JJ, I'm not sure if you know bud, but the Green Bay Packer fan base is worldly. That means its really big covering many countries and many people. I for one don't have a lot of faith in human beings. As a collective whole, we are destroying the planet we live on. Too many people in one place at one time and bad things happen. The individual on the other hand is brilliant and yadda yadda yadda. My point here being with a fan base being as large as the one we all are apart of (lets not forget that, and start with childish name calling), there are bound to be crazies out there possible of making a spectacle out of what should be a glorious occasion. That's all I'm trying to say. I'm not a boo'er, I'd probably turn my back, but I have a better option. I just won't leave Dallas and fly up to GB to catch that game. (somewhere the individual being brilliant is coming back into focus)

PS. IF alcohol is involved, it only makes it worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clay_Matthews_III

Career highlights and awards

4× Pro Bowl (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)

2× All-Pro (2010, 2012)

Preciate the love Woodbuck. As for JJ, I'm not sure if you know bud, but the Green Bay Packer fan base is worldly. That means its really big covering many countries and many people. I for one don't have a lot of faith in human beings. As a collective whole, we are destroying the planet we live on. Too many people in one place at one time and bad things happen. The individual on the other hand is brilliant and yadda yadda yadda. My point here being with a fan base being as large as the one we all are apart of (lets not forget that, and start with childish name calling), there are bound to be crazies out there possible of making a spectacle out of what should be a glorious occasion. That's all I'm trying to say. I'm not a boo'er, I'd probably turn my back, but I have a better option. I just won't leave Dallas and fly up to GB to catch that game. (somewhere the individual being brilliant is coming back into focus)

PS. IF alcohol is involved, it only makes it worse!
    RE: Brett Favre's eventual big day and "possible" boo's from some Packer fans:

My position is this and I take nothing away from how sensitive (nervous) Brett Favre may now or then be and some Packer fans booing in Lambeau Field as Brett Favre is introduced and honored:

So what if that really does happen. There are idiots / bad guys in every crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I'm ready. Yeah, it sucked he went to MN but we got the last laugh here. He beat us twice in that first year wearing that god-awful purple but melted down in the playoffs against the Saints throwing yet another game killing INT and then got beat to hell the following season while we went on and won the Super Bowl. It appears things are thawing between the player and the team. I'm a lot more interested in the 2014 season than I am harboring grudges against past players - even players like #4.
    This is a healthy attitude, and it's one I wish I shared. I think I'll get there, but for me, it's going to take a little longer. I still have a very sour taste in my mouth from the summer of 2009 and thereafter, when Favre retired, then thought about unretiring, then re-affirmed his retirement, then unretired and turned training camp into a zoo, a circus, freak show (deliberately, to some extent, I believe). The "THANKSTED" purple jersey one of his family wore - was it his daughter? - to a game. The calling of Matt Millen to provide some insight into the Packer offense. All of that still turns me off.

I'll get over it. Yes, it's all started to fade. But it's going to take a little longer for me. Give it another two or three years, I say. At least for me.

So for me it's not the same as when Kampman left, or when others left, because those people didn't do the kinds of things Favre did.

But I will get over it. The dude was a very, very good player for a long stretch of time, and he was entertaining and gutsy. When he played he was the best Packer QB since Bart Starr - we were very lucky to see a talent like his in the green and gold. I just wish he'd handled things differently.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    This is a healthy attitude, and it's one I wish I shared. I think I'll get there, but for me, it's going to take a little longer. I still have a very sour taste in my mouth from the summer of 2009 and thereafter, when Favre retired, then thought about unretiring, then re-affirmed his retirement, then unretired and turned training camp into a zoo, a circus, freak show (deliberately, to some extent, I believe). The "THANKSTED" purple jersey one of his family wore - was it his daughter? - to a game. The calling of Matt Millen to provide some insight into the Packer offense. All of that still turns me off.

I'll get over it. Yes, it's all started to fade. But it's going to take a little longer for me. Give it another two or three years, I say. At least for me.

So for me it's not the same as when Kampman left, or when others left, because those people didn't do the kinds of things Favre did.

But I will get over it. The dude was a very, very good player for a long stretch of time, and he was entertaining and gutsy. When he played he was the best Packer QB since Bart Starr - we were very lucky to see a talent like his in the green and gold. I just wish he'd handled things differently.
    If it's any help.

We aren't perfect.

Favre wasn't perfect. Favre "overall" did try very hard to be so.

Favre never sold out.