Page 524 of 563 FirstFirst ... 24 424 474 514 522 523 524 525 526 534 ... LastLast
Results 10,461 to 10,480 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

I think the ceremony will happen whenever Favre is ready for the ceremony to happen. He isn't yet, so it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    If that's your take on it, the "people" you are referring to are pretty petty and ignorant. I don't know any of those people, except the few that post here.
    I can introduce you to others if you would like.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I think the ceremony will happen whenever Favre is ready for the ceremony to happen. He isn't yet, so it won't.
    Funny how that works, isn't it?

Murphy should have taken more notes from Thompson and Harlan and fewer from Sherm.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I can introduce you to others if you would like.
    I'm married. Not looking to be introduced to any more petty and ignorant people.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    The last memories people have of Favre aren't good ones.
    My last (football) memory of Favre is a very, very good one.
    Dressed in purple, throwing another end-of-playoff-game interception.
    Very pleasing, indeed!

If that's your take on it, the "people" you are referring to are pretty petty and ignorant. I don't know any of those people, except the few that post here.
    It is "petty and ignorant" just because they do not feel about it the same way that you do? ReallY?

It is "petty and ignorant" just because they do not feel about it the same way that you do? ReallY?
    No its petty for the reasons others have stated. Both sides made a business decision. That's why the NFL is a business. No one cares about who's feelings got hurt by their personal decisions. BTW the Beatles broke up. I hate Yoko and will boo her at her Rock and Roll HOF induction.

Its ignorant because with Favre we had ONE losing season. Before Favre, we had ONE winning season for something like the prior 16 years.

No its petty for the reasons others have stated. Both sides made a business decision. That's why the NFL is a business. No one cares about who's feelings got hurt by their personal decisions. BTW the Beatles broke up. I hate Yoko and will boo her at her Rock and Roll HOF induction.

Its ignorant because with Favre we had ONE losing season. Before Favre, we had ONE winning season for something like the prior 16 years.
    I suspect for those who are still offended by the affair it goes well-beyond the business decisions involved. I suspect they remain offended by some of the following and other acts that occurred after the break-up:

- Favre working behind the scenes against the Packers (e.g. advising the Lions & others).
    - Favre's other comments to players & others long after the separation (even years).
    - Favre exhibiting a moral compass as a 40 year old more like that of an 18 year old.
    - Favre continuing his abandonment of the fans even after his actual retirement.
    - Favre's cold attitude toward Rodgers, a fan favorite who is not to blame for anything.
    - Favre's continued tepid attitude toward all things Packers, even the fans who still support him.

For some there are plenty of reasons to dislike Favre the individual, who showed and continues to show himself to be much different than the image he portrayed as a Packer. These have nothing to do with the business decisions involved, and none are obviated by the success he had on the field as a Packer. Some are disappointed because they can never have the same pride in #4 that they once did, because (for them) he is too far from the man they thought he was.

If they want to remain offended, so be it. I see those people as no more wrong in their feelings than others who deify Favre in spite of it all.

I'm married. Not looking to be introduced to any more petty and ignorant people.
    So your spouse satisfied the quota?

I suspect for those who are still offended by the affair it goes well-beyond the business decisions involved. I suspect they remain offended by some of the following and other acts that occurred after the break-up:

- Favre working behind the scenes against the Packers (e.g. advising the Lions & others).
    - Favre's other comments to players & others long after the separation (even years).
    - Favre exhibiting a moral compass as a 40 year old more like that of an 18 year old.
    - Favre continuing his abandonment of the fans even after his actual retirement.
    - Favre's cold attitude toward Rodgers, a fan favorite who is not to blame for anything.
    - Favre's continued tepid attitude toward all things Packers, even the fans who still support him.

For some there are plenty of reasons to dislike Favre the individual, who showed and continues to show himself to be much different than the image he portrayed as a Packer. These have nothing to do with the business decisions involved, and none are obviated by the success he had on the field as a Packer. Some are disappointed because they can never have the same pride in #4 that they once did, because (for them) he is too far from the man they thought he was.

If they want to remain offended, so be it. I see those people as no more wrong in their feelings than others who deify Favre in spite of it all.
    Why any Packer fan especially one as astute as you Patler would allow all that to set you on "offend" amazes me when this is really all about the Pro Sporting World where almost anything goes. Brett Favre is simply a mere human being who made obvious mistakes and at the same time gave so much to Packer Nation that was far more positive.

End of story.

woodbuck27 ..... a devout Brett Favre supporter and damn proud to admit that as a very long standing Green Bay Packer fan of 55 years plus and counting.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

And on the other side
    -TT offers this "diety" a locker to retire
    -The trade him to a team that was a wasteland, even thought they got a worse pick from the jets than they would have gotten from MINN
    -TT takes wee in the bum

I could give a rats ass about the above or your above. ON THE FIELD................. End of story.

And on the other side
    -TT offers this "diety" a locker to retire
    -The trade him to a team that was a wasteland, even thought they got a worse pick from the jets than they would have gotten from MINN
    -TT takes wee in the bum

I could give a rats ass about the above or your above. ON THE FIELD................. End of story.
    I was distinguishing the acts that occurred surrounding the "divorce" from other acts I referenced. For TT you revert back to what he did at the time Favre was lying to the media, lying to the team, lying about the team and undermining everything other than his desire to get out of GB. But, none of that matters, because:.....

The difference between you and me is that not only do I not give a rats ass about how the saga ended, what he has done since, what type of person he has proven to be, at this stage I no longer give a rats ass about what he did on the field. He had a job, he did it pretty well, and he was paid commensurate with his performance.........................End of story.

Why must he receive more?
    Last edited by Patler; 07-12-2014 at 03:48 PM.

Patler sums it up pretty well. I'd add his behavior and motivation in making his way to Minnesota. It was not a business decision, it was a desire for revenge against the Packers franchise, and I have a hard time with that. I'd say the Jets were the ones royally screwed on that, he really strong armed them.

And really JustJeff? You're going to call TT gay? Kind of hard to take your argument seriously when you do that.
    Last edited by Guiness; 07-12-2014 at 07:44 PM.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I was distinguishing the acts that occurred surrounding the "divorce" from other acts I referenced. For TT you revert back to what he did at the time Favre was lying to the media, lying to the team, lying about the team and undermining everything other than his desire to get out of GB. But, none of that matters, because:.....

The difference between you and me is that not only do I not give a rats ass about how the saga ended, what he has done since, what type of person he has proven to be, at this stage I no longer give a rats ass about what he did on the field. He had a job, he did it pretty well, and he was paid commensurate with his performance.........................End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Patler sums it up pretty well. I'd add his behavior and motivation in making his way to Minnesota. It was not a business decision, it was a desire for revenge against the Packers franchise, and I have a hard time with that. I'd say the Jets were the ones royally screwed on that, he really strong armed them.
    I for one am glad Ted traded #4 to the Jets. Without that pick we don't have Clay.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    You don't think retiring Favre's number will retire this thread, do you?
    Hell no. I just think it's time to get this done and "rip the Band-Aid" off. The waffling on this number retirement is similar to Favre's annual retirement. So I guess this is appropriate.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

They should retire Ted's number before Brett's. Ted made the better Decision.

Dan Gilbert wishes he was Ted Thompson.

Who's asking him to receive more? Not me. The post is in reference to Murphy trying to give him more and fumbling through the means to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    And really JustJeff? You're going to call TT gay?
    If you are more comfortable with alternative lifestyle, I can live with that euphemism

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Hell no. I just think it's time to get this done and "rip the Band-Aid" off. The waffling on this number retirement is similar to Favre's annual retirement. So I guess this is appropriate.
    Good call!

It appears Favre is not "ready" so there'll be no retiring of his number this year. And that's fine - I ain't ready, either.

But wouldn't it be cool if Favre had a press conference next year, saying he was ready to have his number retired...then changed his mind at the beginning of training camp, then hinted he maybe wanted to have his number retired after all, then about the second game of the season..
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack