Page 525 of 563 FirstFirst ... 25 425 475 515 523 524 525 526 527 535 ... LastLast
Results 10,481 to 10,500 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Who's asking him to receive more? Not me. The post is in reference to Murphy trying to give him more and fumbling through the means to do so.
    How did Murphy fumble through this?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    How did Murphy fumble through this?
    He let it be known publicly that they were at the date booking stage. Which could easily have been under discussion. But he had not secured a commitment to doing it this year from Favre (I am assuming that if Favre had flat backed out after committing, we would have heard different leaks - but that is just a guess).

So when the backpedal occurred, he is forced to either reveal that the talk of scheduling was premature or he has to cover for both sides which is what he chose to do with his statement. He blamed the fans for his poor negotiating skill.

By my count, that is twice Favre has made him look extraordinarily foolish in public. I think the Packers want this too badly to back out over fan concerns, though to smooth them over, they might need #4's cooperation.

Its time to say this: "Brett Favre is the toughest QB the League has ever seen. He is also among the most accomplished with a Super Bowl win and three MVP awards. We are extremely proud of his accomplishments with the Green Bay Packers and stand ready, at any time, to retire his jersey. We would love to adhere to tradition and do it before his certain HOF induction, but the time must be right for Brett and his family. He will know when he is ready. The number is in the book.

P.S. We just signed Ted to a four year extension."

Its possible Murphy's accommodation will work and Brett will come around. But that is not where my money would line up.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL has been putting some pressure on Murphy to get this done before Favre's HOF induction. They may not want a perceived Favre/Paclers rift to be what everybody is talking about at the induction. If so, Murphy may have felt pressured to explain why it may not happen by then.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He let it be known publicly that they were at the date booking stage.
    Did he, or was it just more conjecture by sports columnists? To be honest, I flat out don't remember.

Who's asking him to receive more? Not me. The post is in reference to Murphy trying to give him more and fumbling through the means to do so.
    Huh? My comments stemmed from your reference to certain fans being "petty and ignorant" if they did not respond well to the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Did he, or was it just more conjecture by sports columnists? To be honest, I flat out don't remember.
    Well you might have me there. I was fairly certain, but don't recall the context. I will need to find it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

As always, arguing with Tank is like arguing with a 10 year old. His entire argument is always "nuh uh!" and then reverting to homosexual remarks about Thompson. I've got about 2 more posts like this before this next account is banned.

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    As always, arguing with Tank is like arguing with a 10 year old. His entire argument is always "nuh uh!" and then reverting to homosexual remarks about Thompson. I've got about 2 more posts like this before this next account is banned.
    Vegas put the over/under at 5 more posts...

I love the fact that people (and JJ isn't the only one) that will say something like "stop taking what BF did so personal" but will use the argument that he did so much for the organization. That is kind of the point. He did so much for an organization that has such a community base and feel to it. (Ever been to a game at Lambeau?) Knowing the history of the Green Bay Packers and knowing what happened in 'the divorce' with BF, how could you NOT take it more personal? I can understand if you've cooled off already and have maybe even forgiven him. But to not have felt any anguish or disgust over this whole debacle and obvious black eye to the GBP organization, how can you call yourself a true fan?

I'm not questioning anybody's fan-dom here, don't get me wrong. That's not my place. All i'm saying is it is pretty obvious why people are still not ready and to act like you're so much better of a fan b/c this whole ordeal didn't phase you. Ain't nobody got time for that. Get down off your pedestal and stop trying to act better than anybody else. We're on the damn intra-web after all and nobody really gives a shit what anybody else thinks on here anyway.

But after all is said and done, "Do what you do playboy, and chase that money!"
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    If people can talk about Favre sexting, I don't see how TT gets a free ride. The issue is about how two people handled a very divisive situation. BOTH are fair game. I don't understand, other than your predilections, how one side feels that they have the right to bring up whatever they want, and yet gasp in horror when the other side does the same.

You won't convert me to your perspective and I don't fool myself that you will come to my side. If that's the basis for banning someone, so be it.

If one person is arguing with a group of people over and over, that person is either a misunderstood genius or an asshole. Your delusions and assumptions do not equal fact. You have a long history of assholism and for that you get a very very short leash.

If people can talk about Favre sexting, I don't see how TT gets a free ride. The issue is about how two people handled a very divisive situation. BOTH are fair game. I don't understand, other than your predilections, how one side feels that they have the right to bring up whatever they want, and yet gasp in horror when the other side does the same.
    What did Favre's sexting have to do with his split from the Packers? Why does bringing that up make TT actions in dealing with Favre fair game? Did TT do something that made Favre photograph his penis in retaliation?

Until you brought it up, I specifically avoided Favre's acts related to his disagreements with Thompson, McCarthy and Murphy. He could hate them all he wants, but retaliating against hsi former team mates and shunning both his former team mates and Packer fans is not part and parcel of that. Exhibiting the moral character he did is not part and parcel of that either.

Things Favre did relating to the departure were the lies, upstaging, purposeful obfuscation, making a zoo of the start of training camp and particularly Family Night, making it a ridiculous national story by his actions with the media, etc. I brought up none of those, because I wanted to focus on things that fans may resent even apart from the direct breakup.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    And on the other side
    -TT offers this "diety" a locker to retire
    -The trade him to a team that was a wasteland, even thought they got a worse pick from the jets than they would have gotten from MINN
    -TT takes wee in the bum

I could give a rats ass about the above or your above. ON THE FIELD................. End of story.
    TANK for sure.

Anyway to address point 2 which I did about 250 pages ago.

You don't trade a QB of BF's ability to your rival unless you are getting the Hershel Walker or Ricky Williams deal and then probably not.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Funny that everyone forgets that the NY Jets made the AFC Championship in 2009 and 2010 with Mark Sanchez at the helm.

BF may have had a better chance at a title in 2009 & 2010 staying in NY.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

Things Favre did relating to the departure were the lies, upstaging, purposeful obfuscation, making a zoo of the start of training camp and particularly Family Night, making it a ridiculous national story by his actions with the media, etc. I brought up none of those, because I wanted to focus on things that fans may resent even apart from the direct breakup.
    Family Night? What happened there, I don't remember. I thought TT and MM kept him off the field and away from the team after he flew into town?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Funny that everyone forgets that the NY Jets made the AFC Championship in 2009 and 2010 with Mark Sanchez at the helm.

Good point, except that at that point Favre seemed to be motivated by spite more than anything else, and he couldn't stick it to TT by winning with the Jets. How else to explain the way he completely fell apart at the end of 2008? Hard to make it through the grind of sixteen games on the will to win alone. If BF had stayed with the Jets he might have brought them down in comparison to what Sanchez did.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Family Night? What happened there, I don't remember. I thought TT and MM kept him off the field and away from the team after he flew into town?
    Flying in a chartered jet, he arrived just as the event started at the stadium. Coincidence? I think he did it to be as big of a distraction as possible. Of course, there was an army of media there, and it was "leaked" that he probably would show up at the field. I have been told by some who were there, that shortly after his box had activity in it, and people were straining to see if he was there, which, of course, he wasn't.

It seemed to me that he did everything he could to make that night about him, and not the team.

favre has done nothing since leaving to try and earn back any respect with the fans and people of green bay and wisconsin. no golf outings no charity events in the state, no team related activities no nothing.

on the there hand, he has tried his best to piss in the face of the packers and their fans by giving other teams our game plans and by plotting to go to one of our arch rivals to stick it to us

no doubt, what he did for the team when he was here was amazing, and yes, he is still probably my all time favorite packer (next to #66). but at his point, unless he swallows his pride and accepts that he acted like a giant douchebag and asks packer fans to forgive him...

then i have no problem waiting until he's dead and buried before we retire #4

i don't even care if there's a ceremony. just put #4 up there next to #92 one night in the middle of the night without any fanfare and call it good

last thing we need to do is stroke his or his families ego anymore then we already have

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Good point, except that at that point Favre seemed to be motivated by spite more than anything else, and he couldn't stick it to TT by winning with the Jets. How else to explain the way he completely fell apart at the end of 2008? Hard to make it through the grind of sixteen games on the will to win alone. If BF had stayed with the Jets he might have brought them down in comparison to what Sanchez did.
    Ughh, I just looked up Sanchez career stats.

2009 - 63.0 Rating, 12 TDs and 20 INTs

He got has QB rating up to 75.3 in 2010.

His career QB rating is 71.7 with 68 TDs and 69 INTs.

-Tim Harmston

Ughh, I just looked up Sanchez career stats.

2009 - 63.0 Rating, 12 TDs and 20 INTs

He got has QB rating up to 75.3 in 2010.

His career QB rating is 71.7 with 68 TDs and 69 INTs.
    Yup, he's the early Terry Bradshaw of the new millennium, without the arm strength and without the benefit of a late spike in productivity after the rules changes in '78.

Of course he could have but this was all about going to MN and sticking it to MM and TT, not just winning a title.