Page 527 of 563 FirstFirst ... 27 427 477 517 525 526 527 528 529 537 ... LastLast
Results 10,521 to 10,540 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Blog Entries
    Man, this one is confusing.

I can usually spot Tanky by his familiar stench, but my nostrils are a little clogged on this deal.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

I can usually spot Tanky by his familiar stench, but my nostrils are a little clogged on this deal.
    Just imagine if your name was Jeff.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's that or some bad cutter in your crank.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    It's that or some bad cutter in your crank.
    Baby laxative goes bad?

This one's got me faked out.

When they went Just Space Jeff, then Just no space Jeff, I was like Jarrett Bush on a double move.

Faked out.

Baby laxative goes bad?

This one's got me faked out.

When they went Just Space Jeff, then Just no space Jeff, I was like Jarrett Bush on a double move.

Faked out.
    God forbid someone show up with a nick like Lowenbraü, you'd never be sure if you were reading my insightful posts, or the rantings of some drooling mouth breather.

I just realized something: this thread is why the Romper Room is dead!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I cannot THINK of a better episode to illustrator ALL the facets of Brett Favre's public persona (and his ability to distract you from one while focusing on the others) than this latest kerfuffle over letting your son play football. Don't get distracted by the media pissing contest, come back for that fun. The real gem is at the end.

First, Brett reiterates that he would not allow his son to play football, a position he somewhat more tentatively revealed in November.

Florio thinks Favre isn't qualified to give an opinion because his kids are girls.

Deadspin points out the obvious, that perhaps being a parent and therefore being aware of incremental risks of childhood (biking, learning to drive, soccer, lightning) in addition to 20+ years actual experience playing football might just give Brett the bona fides that Florio believes he lacks. Yet this takedown doesn't even begin to touch upon the more delectable hypocrisy of Florio. He believes only parents of boys should weigh in on the matter because outsiders to the strange world of boys (like Favre) will only encourage helicopter moms to prevent sons from playing football. Of course, when Florio says only the boy's parents should weigh in, he is really talking about just Dad.

However, everyone reporting this as a Florio stupidity (and before it was Florio stupidity it was Michael David Smith stupidity, oddly Florio had fewer qualms in his own take on the first November story) is completely missing the point. Favre has indeed doubled down on the position that he would not allow his sons to play football because of the risks. But he is also endorsing a new drug from a pharma company that is trying to get FDA approval to conduct clinical trials of a new concussion treatment. That is how you have your cake and eat it too my friends.

http://www.wdam.com/story/26015727/b...utostart=false

He is on the Sports Advisory Board for Prevacus, the maker of the drug seeking FDA approval. Whether he is compensated for that position isn't mentioned, but it would complete the circle of Favre mania.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

who cares what he thinks about kids playing football. i wish people would stop asking him shit. as for coming back and getting the number retired...i think he could care less whether it happens or not. i think the Packers, and/or the nfl, are driving this bus.

I do find it rather odd that Florio would say that a player who had at least one concussion, and who may be dealing with related symptoms, is not qualified to say whether he would let a son play football.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Good call!

It appears Favre is not "ready" so there'll be no retiring of his number this year. And that's fine - I ain't ready, either.

But wouldn't it be cool if Favre had a press conference next year, saying he was ready to have his number retired...then changed his mind at the beginning of training camp, then hinted he maybe wanted to have his number retired after all, then about the second game of the season..
    I meant to comment on this one when it was posted. I'm not quite "there" on BLF yet, either.

But I'm a helluva a lot closer than I was in 09.

A lot of what Brett did was in keeping with his Huck Finn persona, but he still pulled some bad, petty bullshit.

That said you can't deny his greatness and accomplishments he made for the GBP.

I think the announcement of the jersey/number retirement was a political move in keeping with keeping Favre retired.

I say Ring of Honor, GBPHOF, & NFL HOF are enuff.

But I didn't think Reggie's number should have been retired, either.

There is a lifetime and forever Packer requirement for number retirement and I don't think big Reg or 4 met that criteria.

I meant to comment on this one when it was posted. I'm not quite "there" on BLF yet, either.

A lot of what Brett did was in keeping with his Huck Finn persona, but he still pulled some bad, petty bullshit.

I think the announcement of the jersey/number retirement was a political move in keeping with keeping Favre retired.

There is a lifetime and forever Packer requirement for number retirement and I don't think big Reg or 4 met that criteria.
    The thing is we know what Favre did, he never tried to hide it. We will never know all shit that TT and the Packer's pulled, and we never will. It's pretty damn easy to have a bad opinion of Brett when he's the only one that is telling most of the story, I'm sure there are things he leaves out. TT just doesn't have a good track record of being overly honest with fans, whether it be injuries, free agency, etc...

ya know, I feel the same way about Reggie White's # being retired. He was great and all, but came to the Pack on the downside if his career. Retiring a number should be for guys who came here young - either traded here early on or something - and stayed and stayed.

Brent was a great player, no doubt. But he wanted out....then in....then out. HOF and GBPHOF should be enough.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    The thing is we know what Favre did, he never tried to hide it.
    I know what you are trying to say and there may be some truth to it. But I kinda doubt Favre thought we would all know he wasn't really retired after years of speculation. That's not exactly forthright.

Let's take a moment to reexamine the mountains of evidence that Ted is in fact gay.

1) He signed Arturo Freeman.

Have I missed anything?

What difference does it make what his person life is?? As long as he does his job and accumulates talent I don't give a damn if he is straight or gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    TT just doesn't have a good track record of being overly honest with fans, whether it be injuries, free agency, etc...
    Do you really mean "honest" as in truthful, or do you mean "revealing" or "informative".
    Unlike with Wolf, I have never caught TT being dishonest. But also unlike Wolf, who seemed to enjoy giving long narratives to the media, both truthful and not; TT simply provides very little information.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Do you really mean "honest" as in truthful, or do you mean "revealing" or "informative".
    Unlike with Wolf, I have never caught TT being dishonest. But also unlike Wolf, who seemed to enjoy giving long narratives to the media, both truthful and not; TT simply provides very little information.
    Yes that is a lot better way of putting it than I did, thank you. Sometimes to me it seems that by being such a cold fish, TT is hiding things.

Too funny......

Favre's on the board of directors for the Sports App named "Sqor" and pronounced "Score."

He says, "Social media can be helpful and it can be hurtful. You have to be careful what you say, but it is a good way to get your message out right way."

Yeah, when you're looking to "score" I guess sending out pics of your schlong to a hot chick gets the message out loud and clear!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2...edia/12646919/

Ladies and Gentleman, Mark Murphy gets pantsed again.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 19m
    On July 10, #Packers Mark Murphy said of Favre's concerns about being booed, "That is an issue. He doesn’t want it, and neither do we.”

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 18m
    Also on July 10, Murphy said of Favre's No. 4 retirement, "I don’t anticipate having him retire a number this season, in a game this year,”

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 16m
    OK, then. Brett Favre tells @CarmenDeFalco and @Jurko64 on @ESPN1000 that he's NOT worried about being booed at @LambeauField.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 9m
    Favre also tells @CarmenDeFalco and @Jurko64 that ex-#Packers prez Bob Harlan "spearheading the Packers Hall of Fame and jersey retirement."

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    What difference does it make what his person life is?? As long as he does his job and accumulates talent I don't give a damn if he is straight or gay.
    Exactly!! Shit if anything you want a GM who knows how to find good men for the job. Maybe the next GM should be a lady?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Ladies and Gentleman, Mark Murphy gets pantsed again.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 19m
    On July 10, #Packers Mark Murphy said of Favre's concerns about being booed, "That is an issue. He doesn’t want it, and neither do we.”

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 18m
    Also on July 10, Murphy said of Favre's No. 4 retirement, "I don’t anticipate having him retire a number this season, in a game this year,”

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 16m
    OK, then. Brett Favre tells @CarmenDeFalco and @Jurko64 on @ESPN1000 that he's NOT worried about being booed at @LambeauField.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 9m
    Favre also tells @CarmenDeFalco and @Jurko64 that ex-#Packers prez Bob Harlan "spearheading the Packers Hall of Fame and jersey retirement."
    the hell?

Don't know if anyone would take that seriously, especially given the source. Does Harlan even have an official capacity with the team?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...