Page 533 of 563 FirstFirst ... 33 433 483 523 531 532 533 534 535 543 ... LastLast
Results 10,641 to 10,660 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Seriously, I'm with you. Those were some hard years but who can forget the Monday Night Shootout with the Champion Redskins.
    I was there! Big wins were few and far between back then so it was a real treat to win that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I was there! Big wins were few and far between back then so it was a real treat to win that one!
    That's rad! I stayed up late to watch the game and kept reading about it as I delivered the WSJ the next morning.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    That's rad! I stayed up late to watch the game and kept reading about it as I delivered the WSJ the next morning.
    Whut? You read the paper in the dark, while you were delivering it? I used to deliver the Milwaukee Urinal, and even as an afternoon paper, I could only make out the headlines. Still, it could be because I was only reading at a first grade level, but come to think of it, that's the level the Urinal wrote at. Ahh, never mind...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Whut? You read the paper in the dark, while you were delivering it? I used to deliver the Milwaukee Urinal, and even as an afternoon paper, I could only make out the headlines. Still, it could be because I was only reading at a first grade level, but come to think of it, that's the level the Urinal wrote at. Ahh, never mind...
    Street lamps, my man, street lamps.

Fr. http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...281524621.html

The play call ... " 72 X Shallow Cross "

" An enlarged scoreboard reads, 17-14 Falcons, third and 1 at the 9-yard line, 15 seconds left. Defensive end Chuck Smith is helpless, turned over like a dying fish. Favre is airborne, diving across the goal line for the victory. " **

** His 1994 dive into the end zone at County Stadium — the final Packers game in Milwaukee.

" After 20 years of highs, lows, emotional skydives, Brett Favre's world has slowed down. Pro football's ironman has found peace, his way.

When that pilgrimage to Lambeau Field closes in, Favre knows it'll feel real. Next year, No. 4 will be retired. Closing this chapter — in a good way, he punctuates — "needed to be done."..."

GO PACK GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-02-2014 at 09:29 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Blog Entries
    He returns.

Brett is back in GB today for an event at Bart Starr's Rawhide Ranch.

He'll speak briefly at the steakhouse and at Rawhide Ranch.

BLF has no plans to attend the Packer Falcon's game.

I suppose he doesn't want to take from the teams by being a distraction.

It would be a natural time to make an announcement of some kind of peace treaty, Packers, Falcon's, Bart Starr, etc, etc.

Bart is too ill to attend, but is supposedly recovering from his stroke.

Bart Starr's Rawhide Ranch?

Sounds like a BDSM store.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Low Profile Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Bart Starr's Rawhide Ranch?

Sounds like a BDSM store.
    Voice of experience speaking?

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    He returns.

Brett is back in GB today for an event at Bart Starr's Rawhide Ranch.

He'll speak briefly at the steakhouse and at Rawhide Ranch.

BLF has no plans to attend the Packer Falcon's game.

I suppose he doesn't want to take from the teams by being a distraction.

It would be a natural time to make an announcement of some kind of peace treaty, Packers, Falcon's, Bart Starr, etc, etc.

Bart is too ill to attend, but is supposedly recovering from his stroke.
    Why does it have to be a big deal for him to attend? Why can't he just go to the game without fanfare? Sure, the cameras would pan to him once or twice, but unless the networks went overboard, there would be no distraction...
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Why does it have to be a big deal for him to attend? Why can't he just go to the game without fanfare? Sure, the cameras would pan to him once or twice, but unless the networks went overboard, there would be no distraction...
    The game is on ESPN with Michaels and Collinsworth. They'd be all over it all night long.
    Last edited by QBME; 12-08-2014 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Got my nights mixed up. Originally stated it was Tirico and Grudem Now it would be even worse.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    My thoughts exactly. He is 3 blocks from the stadium. Go to a box and watch the game. It doesn't have to be about you for once. Just go, don't tell the media and the world. Sure they will find out and show him on TV. But who cares if he doesn't fly in the same day and say he wants to suit up and play or something.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    My thoughts exactly. He is 3 blocks from the stadium. Go to a box and watch the game. It doesn't have to be about you for once. Just go, don't tell the media and the world. Sure they will find out and show him on TV. But who cares if he doesn't fly in the same day and say he wants to suit up and play or something.
    At this point it's going to be a spectacle no matter how they go about it. If they put on a big show of him being there, well, it's a big show. If he shows up quietly and sits in a box, the cameras will find him and spend half the game talking about him and dollars to donuts he ends up on the field at the end of the game. There's just no way to do this quietly and without it turning into a circus and someone asking him why he decided to finally come back. It's been too long and the reunion is going to be an event.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    At this point it's going to be a spectacle no matter how they go about it. If they put on a big show of him being there, well, it's a big show. If he shows up quietly and sits in a box, the cameras will find him and spend half the game talking about him and dollars to donuts he ends up on the field at the end of the game. There's just no way to do this quietly and without it turning into a circus and someone asking him why he decided to finally come back. It's been too long and the reunion is going to be an event.
    I think this was a good way to start his return. Quietly in and out of town, short appearance in front of essentially a hand picked crowd and some the Packers brass present (Mark Murphy was there).
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Gruden better get his Favre tapes queued up just in case.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I see Brett Favre more than ever it seems.

He's doing lots of commercials lately.

Mae saw him doing something for WALMART.

Plugging some sporting shoes for a Nike subsidiary, I believe.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-08-2014 at 04:42 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Favre is all over the product where a man can trim his own hair too. I've seen an extended ad for it at least 3-4 times in the last few weeks.

Favre wouldn't come to the game tonight so as not to risk any scene.

Some people really are confused by this man but it sure seems to me he's got things right as it stands today.

Where's Mad ?

Is Madtownpacker OK?

Mad there were 30 people here (after the game and) tonight for the Atlanta @ Green Bay game.

GO PACK GO !

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Where's Mad ?

Is Madtownpacker OK?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Anyone !??

I havn't seen a sign of Mad here for over three weeks.

Is he OK?