Page 539 of 563 FirstFirst ... 39 439 489 529 537 538 539 540 541 549 ... LastLast
Results 10,761 to 10,780 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Count me among those who gives zero shits about this, one way or the other.

The awards shows are so smug and banal. I can't remember the last time I watched one and couldn't tell you who won what award. Best Picture? I lost interest after Saving Private Ryan lost to some period rom-con.

I guess I'm just a curmudgeon anymore. Victor David Hansons Confessions of a Cultural Dropout isn't too far off. Pardon me while I yell at some kids on the front lawn.........
    Couldn't remember who actually won it that year, turns out it was Shakespeare in love...good movie, but best picture? Dunno about that. Anyways, I stopped paying attention a little earlier, when Gump won over Pulp Fiction.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Just a big old smh with the Bears thing. How mad did he have to be at that time to want to do that. Did it really not get through to him how the Packer fans were going to feel about it? Did he not care?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

The award for Best Picture is a good example of using some mathematical modeling to get a better result.

It used to be (unsure of date of cutoff) that the winner was the highest vote total, no matter whether it was plurality or majority.

They change it to instant runoff and got much better results in years where opinion is very divided.

Changed in 2009.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 4m4 minutes ago
    There's only one QB that has the heart and will of champion like Favre and that's Russell Wilson

I hate July.

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 6m6 minutes ago
    Women are replaceable, the Packers are not.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

lol.
    C.H.U.D.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The award for Best Picture is a good example of using some mathematical modeling to get a better result.

It used to be (unsure of date of cutoff) that the winner was the highest vote total, no matter whether it was plurality or majority.

They change it to instant runoff and got much better results in years where opinion is very divided.

Changed in 2009.
    I'm 0/8 in seeing the top 8 movies!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Has Mobb checked in yet?
    C.H.U.D.

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 4m4 minutes ago
    There's only one QB that has the heart and will of champion like Favre and that's Russell Wilson

I hate July.

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 6m6 minutes ago
    Women are replaceable, the Packers are not.
    No we're not.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    No we're not.
    not on Packerrats, for sure!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

M1 is turning into my grandfather.

Just off camera, Chilly has the SUV gassed up and ready to go.

dp

M1 is turning into my grandfather.

Why is Craig Stadler in town? Had no idea they were friends.

They must be getting way more traffic than expected because the live stream is an epic fail. Constantly freezing up.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    They must be getting way more traffic than expected because the live stream is an epic fail. Constantly freezing up.
    The wi channels on tv are glitchy as well. The NFL network coverage sucks as they are behind and continually cuts away and talks.

Ah, the mid-90's. Awkward was the norm

Ed Werder @Edwerderespn

.@Favre4Official talked to #Packers GM Ted Thompson, told me, "I had a chance to meet with Ted. We didn’t need last night to be OK."

I thought the induction ceremony was very nice. Enjoyed listening to stories from players/coaches. Favre was, IMO, very humble. Thanked a huge amount of people in the Packer organization, all by name, right down to the maintenance crew. The 67,000 + fans that bought tickets to sit in Lambeau field and watch the induction on the screen was a testimony that most fans forgave and forgot and showed up to celebrate what Favre did to help resurrect the organization.

Looking forward to going to the Legends game tomorrow in Madison and seeing some oldies and goodies....Dorsey Levens, William Henderson, Andre Rison, Antonio Freeman, Javon Walker, Mark Chmura, Al Harris, Gilbert Brown and more. I wish they could play the game at Lambeau, but how perfect for me....Camp Randall was the first time I saw Favre play at a preseason game and will be the last time I see him play. My daughter made some awesome t-shirts for us to wear!

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007 View Post
    I thought the induction ceremony was very nice. Enjoyed listening to stories from players/coaches. Favre was, IMO, very humble. Thanked a huge amount of people in the Packer organization, all by name, right down to the maintenance crew. The 67,000 + fans that bought tickets to sit in Lambeau field and watch the induction on the screen was a testimony that most fans forgave and forgot and showed up to celebrate what Favre did to help resurrect the organization.

Looking forward to going to the Legends game tomorrow in Madison and seeing some oldies and goodies....Dorsey Levens, William Henderson, Andre Rison, Antonio Freeman, Javon Walker, Mark Chmura, Al Harris, Gilbert Brown and more. I wish they could play the game at Lambeau, but how perfect for me....Camp Randall was the first time I saw Favre play at a preseason game and will be the last time I see him play. My daughter made some awesome t-shirts for us to wear!
    Nice to hear from you! I thought Favre did a good job of reminding everyone why for years fans felt such a connection with him. I thought Holmgren was great. I was at the last Milwaukee game, and never tire of hearing him or Favre talk about it.

Some people don't like Favre, and that's just the way it is. But I think he and the Packers organization have done a good job of repairing things to where the terrible summer of 2008 doesn't dictate the relationship between Favre and the Packers.

Ah, the mid-90's. Awkward was the norm

Ahh, the Bert haircut - that's a classic bowl cut: