Page 540 of 563 FirstFirst ... 40 440 490 530 538 539 540 541 542 550 ... LastLast
Results 10,781 to 10,800 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007 View Post
    I thought the induction ceremony was very nice. Enjoyed listening to stories from players/coaches. Favre was, IMO, very humble. Thanked a huge amount of people in the Packer organization, all by name, right down to the maintenance crew. The 67,000 + fans that bought tickets to sit in Lambeau field and watch the induction on the screen was a testimony that most fans forgave and forgot and showed up to celebrate what Favre did to help resurrect the organization.

Looking forward to going to the Legends game tomorrow in Madison and seeing some oldies and goodies....Dorsey Levens, William Henderson, Andre Rison, Antonio Freeman, Javon Walker, Mark Chmura, Al Harris, Gilbert Brown and more. I wish they could play the game at Lambeau, but how perfect for me....Camp Randall was the first time I saw Favre play at a preseason game and will be the last time I see him play. My daughter made some awesome t-shirts for us to wear!

Holy crap, you're still alive! I only watched Holmgren and that 'interview' in the stadium so far. Seemed pretty nice, but the 'interview' was kinda strange. Having Greta out there would have been a nice touch.

Next year, big party down in Canton.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

That picture with Greta made me cringe a little bit. Favre's interview with her was one of the really low points of 2008.

i guess this was the proper amount of time

i was furious at him when he went to the queens, but last night i was tearing up and laughing and smiling through the whole thing,

welcome home brett

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    That picture with Greta made me cringe a little bit. Favre's interview with her was one of the really low points of 2008.
    Yeah, she was on the field with the family to during the public event in the Stadium. Weird. But so was Bus Cook.

Saw Winters intro, liked that a lot, but thought the highlight reel was missing some of his best plays. They had Kittrick Taylor and Sharpe in the Lions playoff game, but missed some others. With two public events, they probably had to be careful, but the only other highlight I loved and didn't expect was the TD to Ahman Green off a bootleg where the DE had caught and was sacking Brett, so he tossed an underhanded shovel pass to him.

Saw only beginning of Favre's speech, had to drive home, but I'm fine with that. Don't want to spend a day parsing what was said, Twitter was headed down that road until Werder spoke to Favre about Ted. Just glad its not going to be a Bradshaw situation.

And welcome back 007!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i was furious at him when he went to the queens, but last night i was tearing up and laughing and smiling through the whole thing,
    Yeah, I was, too......guess I'll have to blame Deanna for everything now.

Anybody else notice how smug she looked during the ceremony?? Or, how the camera seemed to continually land on TT, when he was conspicuously absent from Favre's Thank-a-thon???
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Wonder how long it took to grab Chewy and head ever to Shenanigans to hit on some chicks. Too soon??

Madtown, explain to the crew what "black panocha" means.....

Andy Reid's kinda pissed there's no buffet line....

Wonder if he stopped at Applebee's on the way outta town....

Some false info going out this morning regarding Favre and TT, first this tweet from Favre about TT : @Favre4Official talked to #Packers GM Ted Thompson, told me, "I had a chance to meet with Ted. We didn't need last night to be OK."

He did mention TT in his speech while talking about his family... when discussing his family IE mother in law he said and I quote " she tries to play a great GM like Ron Wolf and Ted sometimes" end quote so all that talk is people trying to stir the pot.

Not a big Favre fan by any means but the media isn't giving the best coverage today IMHO.

The best thing about the event is that it happened. It's done and over with. No one needs to discuss the when and how a reconciliation will occur. The past seven years can be filed away in history, where they belong.

Things change so rapidly in sports. Many Packer fans 15 years old and younger have little memory of Favre as a Packer, and have no emotional feeling about him one way or another. Their attachment is to Aaron Rodgers. Hopefully, one is a budding QB who, by 2030 or so, will have helped us file away in history our memories of AR.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
    [I
    Madtown, explain to the crew what "black panocha" means.....
    Was that the audible he was talking about that Holmgren banned and Verba didn't get?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bryce Paup is at the game:

Favre's brother with Winters. Is that Eugene Robinson in the background?

Wonder if he stopped at Applebee's on the way outta town....
    I swear he stopped by my house to sell insurance to me last week.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Can't they get Sharper out on work release or something to attend this?
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Now I feel bad. I would have gone to see Al.

Or Chuck.

Weston Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 4m4 minutes ago
    Al Harris, minus his dreadlocks, with an interception of Donovan McNabb

Andy Reid's kinda pissed there's no buffet line....
    WHO YOU CALLING FAT ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best story of the night

Doesn't look like there's anybody at the game.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Doesn't look like there's anybody at the game.
    It was a lot of fun! Both teams put on a good show and both were entertaining with some goofball stuff. Both end zones were empty and that was the background for those pics. The Packer side was full and the other side was probably 1/2, 3/4 full. The article about the game said something like 22,400 there. Fun day!