Page 545 of 563 FirstFirst ... 45 445 495 535 543 544 545 546 547 555 ... LastLast
Results 10,881 to 10,900 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Well, then, let's say Bob Harlan's mother. She said "yes" to Bob's dad one fine day or night, and had she had a headache that time, we'd still be mired in the mess from the 70's and 80's.

Thanks, Bob's mom!
    And not just Harlan's father, but his father's father, and his father's father's father's father.

"All right Stan, don't belabor the point"
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Might be one of the best stories about what it was like to play with Young Favre. easy to understand why coaches are control freaks.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/featur...es-of-favre-ia

Brunell: My favorite Brett Favre story is a hunting story from when he was a kid. He and a buddy or a couple buddies who were out trespassing on some property somewhere and they had a .22 rifle. They were just messing around and they see a deer. You're trespassing, you shouldn't be there to begin with, and the last thing you should do is take your gun and shoot at a deer. So they do it, and I think they hit it a few times and knock it down. After a couple shots ring off, they realize somebody could discover them and find out they're trespassing. They're frantic, they don't know what to do, and they've got this deer and it's flopping all over the woods. So, they figured out the only way to kill this deer without shooting at it is to drown it. So they drag it over to a puddle, a stream, a small pond, I don't know what it was, but they basically held this deer underwater until the bubbles stopped coming out of its nose. Listen, I'll probably get in trouble for telling this story, but it's one of the funniest stories I've ever heard. And the way he told that story, we were crying laughing. It was gut-ache type laughing.

Detmer: Hygiene wasn't really his thing at the time either. I remember we played at the old Cleveland Stadium and the locker room was tiny. We were sharing lockers. He'd hang his underwear up on the hook and there's a big yellow stain in them. Guys were like, "What the heck?" He's just laughing, like, "What? What's the problem?" He really didn't care.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    favre finds lead pipe and cracks a-rod on the elbow before leaving the tunnel

a-rod last heard screaming "WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?"

favre runs down the tunnel yelling "not on my night bitch"
    I got back fr. my Country Home in New Brunswick to Greenfield Park, Quebec { Home of the Greenfield Park Packers} just in time to enjoy Brett Favre's Number Retirement Game Ceremony I witness this event at Hooters Sports Bar. The Official Sports Bar for the Green Bay Packers in greater Montreal, Quebec. Nothing at Hooters could distract me from my focus on all things Favre that evening...LOL. I've never felt prouder as a Sports fan. He looked amazing...in awesome condition and well .... I never saw him look more fit. It was especially moving to witness the respect he showed for Bart Starr. The exuberance he demonstrated hugging his former teammates was notable.

As usual FAVRE gave the most credit for his success to his teammates and the Packer fans. As man that loved watching Brett Favre play the way only he could.... the good and the bad and the ugly. . . . hahahaa; I was so happy to witness this occasion on LIVE TV.

It was so sad for me to see the Packers stink up the joint on this Special night. Favre dominated the Chicago Bears during his career.

All the same with the good there is often the bad. I wanted to see a Packer win on that night and was disappointed in the way the team didn't perform. All that aside and commenting on this night and Brett Favre. I was busting with pride for this awesome Green Bay Packer. Soon he'll be in the NFL HOF as a first ballot candidate. I anticipate that with all patience.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-02-2015 at 07:01 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

BFFF!!!!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I wonder if they will discuss and/or talk to Lord about his magical night in Oak after papi died...wasnt that last time we played at Oak?
    Brandon Marshall, MAN...!!
    Jimmie Johnson: Nascar's G.O.A.T......

Imagine a tribute to Najeh Davenport...."I'll never forget that night he shit in a laundry basket! Good times, good times."

But I bet ol' Brent has a few stories like that...
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Still calling #4 "Brent" is a pussy move. Don't forget his name is spelled right in Lambeau's ring.

I love Bert, but I love my T-shirt:

I might wear it to the HOF induction ceremony next year. Gotta have a sense of humor about this stuff, otherwise you are just a pathetic, obsequious jock sniffer. No false idols!

You guys really need to show more respect to old Mr. Pharve.

I plan on wearing my Favre Jet Jersey to the game....what color Crocs was he wearing?
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I love Bert, but I love my T-shirt:

I might wear it to the HOF induction ceremony next year. Gotta have a sense of humor about this stuff, otherwise you are just a pathetic, obsequious jock sniffer. No false idols!

I don't know why, but that t-shirt still cracks me up. He'll always be "Brent" to me now, not out of any anger or anything, but because it's kinda funny.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

There were the people who trashed Favre. There were the people who booed Aaron Rodgers as he took the field on Family Night. Both were wrong in my opinion. I'm not offended by either, but neither make me laugh.
    Last edited by Joemailman; 12-17-2015 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Imagine a tribute to Najeh Davenport...."I'll never forget that night he shit in a laundry basket! Good times, good times."

But I bet ol' Brent has a few stories like that...
    hahahaa
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    You guys really need to show more respect to old Mr. Pharve.
    http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/favre-h...o-get-over-it\

There's one thing I've learned in my longer than most here time and experience:

Haters will remain haters. That's just what their low self esteem makes them do. Hater sweep common sense out the door. Hating is the best juice that they have. I always wonder whenever I encounter a hater:

Was that person left alone on a table at diaper changing time and somehow land on the floor on their noggin? Haters are often in such emotional need that this approach to HATE is just one way they need to drag attention to feed their impoverished ego needs.

Packerrats had several of these poor souls. Gradually we've seen them wither and just die away. Somewhere out there they remain hating an outstanding Packer HOFer and soon to be a first ballot new member of the NFL HOF.

That a tribute to his overall body of work as an NFL QB who won wherever he played and played as tough a style and was as dedicated to his will to compete as any Pro athlete I've seen in over 5.5 decades of being an eclectic sports fan.

Brett Favre gave me so very much.

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

Haters will remain haters. That's just what their low self esteem makes them do. Hater sweep common sense out the door. Hating is the best juice that they have.
    Physician, heal thyself!

Haters will remain haters. That's just what their low self esteem makes them do. Hater sweep common sense out the door. Hating is the best juice that they have. I always wonder whenever I encounter a hater:

Was that person left alone on a table at diaper changing time and somehow land on the floor on their noggin? Haters are often in such emotional need that this approach to HATE is just one way they need to drag attention to feed their impoverished ego needs.

Packerrats had several of these poor souls. Gradually we've seen them wither and just die away. Somewhere out there they remain hating an outstanding Packer HOFer and soon to be a first ballot new member of the NFL HOF.

That a tribute to his overall body of work as an NFL QB who won wherever he played and played as tough a style and was as dedicated to his will to compete as any Pro athlete I've seen in over 5.5 decades of being an eclectic sports fan.

I hate you, Woody.

I'm typing this wearing nothing but a diaper in my parent's basement.

J/K

It isn't always about hate, Woodbuck. If that were the case, everyone from professional comedians to family smart alecs would be a hater; and they aren't.

I respect what Favre did as a pro athlete, but even while he played for the Packers, for me he never ascended to the deity level that some put him on. That was just my opinion, as a fan. When he left GB, I think he showed a side of his personality that for some fans is more significant than it is for other fans. It has nothing to do with hating. Different people attach different levels of significance to different traits.

Some will excuse almost anything from those who entertain us, whether it be athletes, actors or other performers. Others want to hold those same people to almost unhumanly standards of conduct. Still others fall somewhere on the scale between the two extremes.
    Last edited by Patler; 12-18-2015 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I hate you, Woody.

I'm typing this wearing nothing but a diaper in my parent's basement.

J/K
    I sincerely doubt you are kidding. At least about the diapers.

I knew you wouldn't let me down, Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    It isn't always about hate, Woodbuck. If that were the case, everyone from professional comedians to family smart alecs would be a hater; and they aren't.

I respect what Favre did as a pro athlete, but even while he played for the Packers, for me he never ascended to the deity level that some put him on. That was just my opinion, as a fan. When he left GB, I think he showed a side of his personality that for some fans is more significant than it is for other fans. It has nothing to do with hating. Different people attach different levels of significance to different traits.

Some will excuse almost anything from those who entertain us, whether it be athletes, actors or other performers. Others want to hold those same people to almost unhumanly standards of conduct. Still others fall somewhere on the scale between the two extremes.
    If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him!