Page 551 of 563 FirstFirst ... 51 451 501 541 549 550 551 552 553 561 ... LastLast
Results 11,001 to 11,020 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Where are the crocs in the locker?
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    Where are the crocs in the locker?
    Haha! Good one. Finally someone not acting like a woman scorned about the whole thing. You'd think they were Deanna to be so bitter with ole #4.

Congrats to BRETT it was fun watching you and the hateful fans can't take away your great games and SB as a GB Packer.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    The guy sitting next to Tony Dungy was always picked last for sports games when he was a kid.

At first glance I thought you photoshopped Madtown in there. But I think the camera angle just exaggerated the size of Eddie D's head.
    Go fuck yourself (cuz no woman is gonna do it for free) you gaybear!!

I can't agree more I remember suffering through the seventies I love the Packers but those were some really rough years then we had a little ray of sunshine with the Magic Man then came Favre and when or lose the games became fun to watch true it would have been nice to have a few less interceptions but the games were always interesting and teams did not come in here thinking the games were gimmes.

Let the hate go people. The guy helped bring GB back from the fucking dead. I don't really care about the Jet or Queen years. All I know is how fucking excited I was when he was playing for the Packers and will never forget it.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Let the hate go people. The guy helped bring GB back from the fucking dead. I don't really care about the Jet or Queen years. All I know is how fucking excited I was when he was playing for the Packers and will never forget it.
    I watched Jon Gruden and Brett do a show called QB Camp. I learned that Favre's reputation for "drawing stuff up in the dirt" doesn't convey his remarkable grasp of the game. He only adjusted plays in the huddle when he had seen a weakness or knew he could exploit a defender's tendencies. He taught his receivers to run short slants on every running play with an expectation that the ball would be coming if defenders grew tired of covering nothing and sold out on the faked handoff. For a guy that comes off as a bit slow, he has a savante-like memory for formations, routes, and play calls.

At this point, anyone still hating needs to just stop and go back to fully enjoying the Favre era.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Man he is rambling now....
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Man he is rambling now....
    us womens table tennis is on. beating Portugal right now.

Truly outstanding HOF speech.

Well done Brett.

Can anyone post a link where the HOF Speeches can be viewed .

I missed the ceremony due to circumstances beyond my control . Thanks !

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    I watched Jon Gruden and Brett do a show called QB Camp. I learned that Favre's reputation for "drawing stuff up in the dirt" doesn't convey his remarkable grasp of the game. He only adjusted plays in the huddle when he had seen a weakness or knew he could exploit a defender's tendencies. He taught his receivers to run short slants on every running play with an expectation that the ball would be coming if defenders grew tired of covering nothing and sold out on the faked handoff. For a guy that comes off as a bit slow, he has a savante-like memory for formations, routes, and play calls.

At this point, anyone still hating needs to just stop and go back to fully enjoying the Favre era.
    There is no doubt he was twice as smart as he pretended to be for the press. I do think some of his bright ideas in that show were being time shifted backwards a little (I still remember a kid who refused to go to anyone other than Sharpe on a first read, then it was Brooks for a year) but he clearly mastered the position in that MVP era.

Wilde points out that Favre's speech was not written down, so he was doing it all from memory. And that memory is still pretty good.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

That bust doesn't eve look like him. The only thing they got right was the hairline and the stubble. And perhaps the bust has a dip in.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post

I imagine it can be found with a simple search of the NFL or NFL-HOF site.

I'm glad Favre is in the HOF. I loved watching him and the Packers. I didn't watch or read any HOF stuff. I just don't really have interest. But I like telling my son about reggie white and Favre and randy moss and Barry Sanders and Charles Woodson and the great players i got to watch. I'll always remember Favre and he'll always be in that conversation of great players from when I was a kid and great players my son didn't get to see. He plays with madden greats on the game and asks me about them, so that's fun

Congrats for Favre and his family. This is for them. I don't really care, but good for them!! I pretty much forgot all about that old crap and I don't care if he played for the Vikings or got in a fight with Tt or any of it. It's over, and now he's a legit hofer and he deserves it. Glad I got to see him play!!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I noticed Brett is the only one wearing shorts in that photo with the other HOFers in attendance.
    I thought it was the guy wearing the red shirt, when everyone else clearly had a navy shirt on.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-hall-o...of-Fame-speech
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I'm glad Favre is in the HOF. I loved watching him and the Packers. I didn't watch or read any HOF stuff. I just don't really have interest. But I like telling my son about reggie white and Favre and randy moss and Barry Sanders and Charles Woodson and the great players i got to watch. I'll always remember Favre and he'll always be in that conversation of great players from when I was a kid and great players my son didn't get to see. He plays with madden greats on the game and asks me about them, so that's fun

Congrats for Favre and his family. This is for them. I don't really care, but good for them!! I pretty much forgot all about that old crap and I don't care if he played for the Vikings or got in a fight with Tt or any of it. It's over, and now he's a legit hofer and he deserves it. Glad I got to see him play!!
    That's about the way I feel, too. I've never gotten into the various HoF ceremonies and the like, but I like the concept of HoFs as museums. I would like to visit Canton some day just because of the historical info. The only sports HoFs I have visited are the NHL and WI Hockey HoF. I drove past the NBA HoF every few months for years, always intended to stop, but never did. Now it will have to be a special trip.

When Favre was still playing, I recall a discussion on this board or one of its predecessors about how quickly he would be "forgotten". Some of the younger members (you might even have been one!) didn't seem to appreciate how fleeting their careers, and to some extent their fame can be even if they make the HoF. You really have to have seen them play to appreciate what they did and how they did it. Stories about them and their raw stats can be misleading. I remember arguing with someone that eventually another QB would show up in GB, and the younger fans who barely or never saw Favre would revere him over Favre, whether earned or not. Little did I know at the time that it would be Favre's immediate successor.

It's one of the reasons I never get tired of talking about Starr. Sure, his stats look paltry compared to QBs today, just like Favres might in another 50 years. We have no idea how the game might change. Scores in the 40s and 50s could become the norm, with 350 yards and 4 TDs passing very common. We see hints of that already. People look at the roster and trivialize Starr because he played with so many HoFers, but the league was small and he was always playing against a bunch as well. Like Favre, Starr was an unquestioned leader who his team mates would do anything for. Starr was as much who the Packers were in his time as Favre was in his. I was privileged to have seen both through out their careers. The 1960's was really a magical time to be a Packer fan.

At some point your son might tell his son about the stories "grandpa" told about watching Favre, and the connection will extend to a third generation, and your grandson will be amazed that grandpa actually SAW Brett Favre play!

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    One of these things is not like the other.

Who is the guy fourth from the right in the front row wearing a blue shirt? At first I thought he was an inductee, but he must be an existing member. I'm surprised they let him sit there with no jacket.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Who is the guy fourth from the right in the front row wearing a blue shirt? At first I thought he was an inductee, but he must be an existing member. I'm surprised they let him sit there with no jacket.
    Stabler family member?

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Maybe somebody representing Stanfil or Stabler, who are dead? There are seven "blue shirst" and 7 inductees, no?