Page 557 of 563 FirstFirst ... 57 457 507 547 555 556 557 558 559 ... LastLast
Results 11,121 to 11,140 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I like the tweet "Imagine @BrettFavre in today's NFL ��". Like he played in the 70s or 80s.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    The Packers have been blessed like no other franchise: Favre, then Rodgers - what is that, about 26 or so years of mostly very good, often great, quarterbacking? Two HOF QB's in a row? I wonder how often that happens.
    49ers had 20 years with Young following Montana.
    Dolphins had it for 30 of 32 years when Marino came just two years after Griese left, and between the two they had David Woodley playing good enough to make the playoffs both years and getting to one Super Bowl.

So Kurt Warner commented on this tweet.

Viola!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I like the tweet "Imagine @BrettFavre in today's NFL ��". Like he played in the 70s or 80s.
    Well, most of the KC fans think one year of Mahomes is better than Favre, so time frames are very short here.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Well, most of the KC fans think one year of Mahomes is better than Favre, so time frames are very short here.
    A buddy of mine is a huge KC/Mahomes fan and has went on about Mahomes being the best ever. While I agree he is pretty damn good. I'll be impressed when he shows the durability of Favre.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    A buddy of mine is a huge KC/Mahomes fan and has went on about Mahomes being the best ever. While I agree he is pretty damn good. I'll be impressed when he shows the durability of Favre.
    We also have a year of film for defenses to adjust to. Guaranteed coordinator change at some point, plus the unending risk of injuries. Long way to go.

But I can't blame them, Mahomes is incredibly fun to watch.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Favre in town. Looks county tough.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Favre in town. Looks county tough.
    I was thinking more municipality tough.

It is what it is.

I thought it was class - small cameo with Cherry Starr.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    It is what it is.

I thought it was class - small cameo with Cherry Starr.
    It was nice
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Might have been raised elsewhere, but Peter King's FMIA this week talked about a drug startup that Favre is backing in Tallahassee. Supposed to help treat problematic symptoms with concussions in the first two weeks.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/sp...le/1017576001/

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Better get this thread warmed up. Looks like there could be some Favre discuss on the board soon.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    https://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ng/3076949001/

Favre pockets $1.1 million for speeches he never gave. I hope for Favre's sake he has some explanation for this and he wasn't forwarding a percentage of the money back to some crooked politician.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Favre also pocketed millions for NFC Championship games he never won.

A no show job with misappropriated funds! Fun! How very SEC.

The whole business angle here is twisted. The indicted former Director of Human Services in Miss. was sending funds for no particular purpose to Ted Debiase's family as well.

But the interesting connection here is that the company that Favre was involved in promoting (Prevacus), which was developing a pill for concussion treatment, had as a member of its board one Bus Cook.

My favorite part of the is that Brett sough money from the Governor and the Director for building a volleyball facility at Southern Miss. https://mississippitoday.org/2020/05...-dhs-spending/

And somehow, Marcus Dupree has his name in the paper again.

Recovery of funds? Possible.

Charges? Not likely at this point.

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/...-welfare-audit

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Recovery of funds? Possible.

Charges? Not likely at this point.

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/...-welfare-audit
    All I keep thinking is, why do you "Give" a million dollars to Favre? Why commit fraud when you don't benefit from it? I just keep wondering what Favre was "doing" or "giving back" to get his million.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    All I keep thinking is, why do you "Give" a million dollars to Favre? Why commit fraud when you don't benefit from it? I just keep wondering what Favre was "doing" or "giving back" to get his million.
    Its a great question. Having read a little of the report, the investigators just don't seem to have asked why.

Its a great question. Having read a little of the report, the investigators just don't seem to have asked why.
    The largest fraudulent purchase outlined in the indictments is a $2.15 million personal investment the News allegedly made using welfare funds into a medical device company called Prevacus, which is developing a treatment for concussions.
    The Director at the center of this was literally starting a business with Dibiase's family. I think he was trying to setup himself up with good arrangements for his post public service career.