Page 560 of 563 FirstFirst ... 60 460 510 550 558 559 560 561 562 ... LastLast
Results 11,181 to 11,200 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Have you heard this before? Best bit is the Lazarus at bat.

Excellent, even if a bit irreverent!

Blog Entries
    Have you heard this before? Best bit is the Lazarus at bat.

Good, no, great one PB.

I kinda liked "Here's a late score, Sodom and Gomorrah still tied at 69".

Rand didn't get your ratio there, but I guess it was just some scientist shit I wouldn't get anyway.

I'd forgotten Moses as a pitcher with a terrific pick off move "Thou shall not steal!"
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Rand didn't get your ratio there, but I guess it was just some scientist shit I wouldn't get anyway.
    Not really. 108 billion total lives over history versus two biblical characters who never dies because they were ‘taken up’.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Excellent, even if a bit irreverent!
    It’s funny. And a good Harry Caray impression. The Steve Stone voice needed work, but who would even care about that?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    It’s funny. And a good Harry Caray impression. The Steve Stone voice needed work, but who would even care about that?
    Isn't your salvation worth another dollar in the collection plate?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Not really. 108 billion total lives over history versus two biblical characters who never dies because they were ‘taken up’.
    OIC.

I liked your joke better when I didn't understand it.

Brett says he did not no show anyone. He doesn't know where auditor came up with two speaking engagements missed.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/footb...2db6966b2.html

Favre said the fees were for advertising work, public-service announcements and one public appearance and that he never accepted payment for services he did not perform. He learned of the scandal from his longtime agent, James “Bus” Cook, who contacted him after news broke earlier this week.
    Taking Brett at his word, the obvious explanation is that the org that was paying him made inaccurate or misleading claims about his involvement.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Brett says he did not no show anyone. He doesn't know where auditor came up with two speaking engagements missed.

Taking Brett at his word, the obvious explanation is that the org that was paying him made inaccurate or misleading claims about his involvement.
    He got $1.1 million. Why would you commit fraud and give it to someone else with no “reward” for doing so.

If it was for advertising work, public services announcements and one public appearance shouldn’t there have been a contract or receipt of the work contracted for? I can’t think of any client or business I work for, that an agreement with that dollar amount wouldn’t be contained in a formal contract or a written agreement of some type.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    He got $1.1 million. Why would you commit fraud and give it to someone else with no “reward” for doing so.

If it was for advertising work, public services announcements and one public appearance shouldn’t there have been a contract or receipt of the work contracted for? I can’t think of any client or business I work for, that an agreement with that dollar amount wouldn’t be contained in a formal contract or a written agreement of some type.
    I doubt you need a contract with Bus and Brett. I suspect that kind of thing could be handled by phone or email. Dates and confirmation of payment. I just think that it may never have been Favre's understanding that he was being paid for speaking engagements. That part could be one sided,

It could still be related to the volleyball court or Prevacus or some other scam. My money is that Prevcus is the link because the Few family and Davis were investing public money in it outside of the $1.1 mil Favre got.

But they also could have been using Favre as cover/publicity for how active they were. And same as the idiotic expenditures on golf and concert tickets, getting Favre to attend an event might have been its own reward.

The auditor said that Davis did not seem intent on any one scam, just running his own mini empire.

Everybody’s all-American.

It was for a PSA that never existed? Is that better?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    It was for a PSA that never existed? Is that better?
    Forget it Zool, it's Mississippi.

Taking Brett at his word,
    This might be the weakness of your analysis.

From the point in his career when he began routine interviews with the media, I have felt he says whatever he thinks will further his own objectives, and he convinces himself that it is the truth. He sometimes lives in his own version of reality.

Glad to see Yas ky and Patler. It's like the good old days, talking Favre and talkin shit.

From the point in his career when he began routine interviews with the media, I have felt he says whatever he thinks will further his own objectives, and he convinces himself that it is the truth. He sometimes lives in his own version of reality.
    Its a hypothetical. I just think the items on the receipts for the money are not the interesting part and likely can be explained away. And the difference between one party or the other describing them don't seem interesting to me. I could be wrong, it might lead to something

Why each party got the money and the connections between them are where the action is, it would seem to me.

It’s a mistake to think Favre doesn’t know what he’s doing. “I just want to play for a team that plays against Green Bay. Minnesota plays them twice.”

I’m torn on this

On one hand I’d like to thing Favre isn’t dumb enough to do something like this, or so money hungry to do it

On the other hand, I know he’s not the brightest bulb in the drawer, and I’ve heard tons of first hand stories about just how frugal he is with money and how he and his extended family don’t like paying for anything and want everything given to them for free, even though they have plenty

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    I’m torn on this

On one hand I’d like to thing Favre isn’t dumb enough to do something like this, or so money hungry to do it

On the other hand, I know he’s not the brightest bulb in the drawer, and I’ve heard tons of first hand stories about just how frugal he is with money and how he and his extended family don’t like paying for anything and want everything given to them for free, even though they have plenty
    Yep Red. Those tales are true. One of BF's brothers was such a notorious freeloader, many places in GB insisted on seeing the color of his money before they would serve or feed him. Deanna is truly a sweet saint, but some of the family, not so much.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    The Old Gungslinger thinks Kap has reached Pat Tillman immortality. What the mama-effing fuck!

Scott Campbell and his ilk see Tillman as an American hero, as the dude who gave up everything to defend America’s freedom. To me, Tillman was a cowardly egoist.

Tillman was not drafted by the military. He was not in the military. He was not some burger-flipping loser with no life. He didn’t have to play soldier. Tillman had a family. He disregarded the emotional, physiological, and physical well-being of his family to egoistically seek war glory. In short, Tillman chose self-interest over the interests of his family. He was an egoist.

Kap ain’t no fucking egoist.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.