Page 561 of 563 FirstFirst ... 61 461 511 551 559 560 561 562 563 LastLast
Results 11,201 to 11,220 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

I just about puked when I read this. Our Packer icon saying dumbshit crap like that. I was wondering if it would make it to the forum - I shoulda known you'd bring it up.

Where do you get off saying Tillman was not in the military? That's factually wrong. Clearly he was.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I just about puked when I read this. Our Packer icon saying dumbshit crap like that. I was wondering if it would make it to the forum - I shoulda known you'd bring it up.

Where do you get off saying Tillman was not in the military? That's factually wrong. Clearly he was.
    While in the NFL, Tillman was not an active member of any branch of the military, nor was he a reserve. The government didn’t need him in it’s invasion of the Middle East. I’d have empathy for Tillman if he was drafted or called up for service.

Dude had a nice family. He had a nice paying gig. He chose self-interest (war glory) over the well-being of his family. Consequently, that egoistic decision made a widow out of his wife, made his children grow up without their father.

Did fucking Odysseus, with a hot wife and newborn offspring, voluntarily sign up for the Trojan War? Dude faked insanity in hope of avoiding the war. It wasn’t til the Greeks threatened to kill his son did ole Odysseus relent.

Tillman ain’t Odysseus. Tillman was an egoist.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 06-22-2020 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    While in the NFL, Tillman was not an active member of any branch of the military, nor was he a reserve. The government didn’t need him in it’s invasion of the Middle East. I’d have empathy for Tillman if he was drafted or called up for service.

Dude had a nice family. He had a nice paying gig. He chose self-interest (war glory) over the well-being of his family. Consequently, that egoistic decision made a widow out of his wife, made his children grow up without their father.

Did fucking Odysseus, with a hot wife and newborn offspring, voluntarily sign up for the Trojan War? Dude faked insanity in hope of avoiding the war. It wasn’t til the Greeks threatened to kill his son did ole Odysseus relent.

Tillman ain’t Odysseus. Tillman was an egoist.
    Or maybe he chose to join the military because....maybe....he loves the country and went to defend it. You're a dipshit.

Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    Or maybe he chose to join the military because....maybe....he loves the country and went to defend it. You're a dipshit.
    More than he loved his family? If I had a lovely wife and she was shipped off to war, I'd be reeking of anxiety every day. Tillman didn't have to be a pawn. He chose to be one over his family. That's egoism.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

This is the problem with public notoriety. Tillman did not just join out of love for country, he went, in part anyway, because defense of the nation seemed foisted on the least fortunate. And he wanted to critique the war first hand. Some in Tillman's own family weren't sure the Army would want him in a fighting unit given his propensity to question orthodoxy.

Tillman: https://vault.si.com/vault/2006/09/11/remember-his-name

Jake Plummer on Tillman: https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/06/30/si...denver-broncos

Tank is being an ass about it, but some in his own platoon wondered the same thing he is. They wouldn't choose to be there if they could earn five million elsewhere. He was looked at as an interloper.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

More than he loved his family? If I had a lovely wife and she was shipped off to war, I'd be reeking of anxiety every day. Tillman didn't have to be a pawn. He chose to be one over his family. That's egoism.
    No, it's not. So you're saying is that we can only have soldiers that don't have a family? Just because he made a good living and had a happy life doesn't necessarily mean any of those people are egotistical and war-loving. I have many family members that have served, both voluntarily and through the draft. Not a one was egotistical war mongerer. The ones who served willingly did so for a true sense of love for our country that obviously you cannot understand.

This should be about OUR Brett Favre praising that all world piece of shit, Kaepernick - not about Tillman and whatever his motvation may or may not have been.

What's lost on everyone, it seems, is that you have read The Odyssey.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I just about puked when I read this. Our Packer icon saying dumbshit crap like that. .
    Starting to get a clue yet?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    The sun shines on a dogs ass once in awhile.

Favre has no history of that kind of rottenness, has he? Other kinds, yes, but dick pics are a whole other thing.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    The Iliad.

No, it's not. So you're saying is that we can only have soldiers that don't have a family? Just because he made a good living and had a happy life doesn't necessarily mean any of those people are egotistical and war-loving. I have many family members that have served, both voluntarily and through the draft. Not a one was egotistical war mongerer. The ones who served willingly did so for a true sense of love for our country that obviously you cannot understand.
    Tillman knew the risks of being a pawn. He knew the tolls it would have on not only himself, but most importantly, his family. Again, he didn’t have to be a pawn. Egoism is the only logical explanation for why Tillman opted to be a pawn.

Who's this brent guy you all wasted 500 pages on?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I'd have thought that he did in school, but I am surprised he remembered the details.

EDIT: Yeah, the details in the Iliad.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The Old Gungslinger thinks Kap has reached Pat Tillman immortality. What the mama-effing fuck!

Scott Campbell and his ilk see Tillman as an American hero, as the dude who gave up everything to defend America’s freedom. To me, Tillman was a cowardly egoist.

Tillman was not drafted by the military. He was not in the military. He was not some burger-flipping loser with no life. He didn’t have to play soldier. Tillman had a family. He disregarded the emotional, physiological, and physical well-being of his family to egoistically seek war glory. In short, Tillman chose self-interest over the interests of his family. He was an egoist.

Kap ain’t no fucking egoist.
    His motivation is irrelevant as is the motivation of everyone else that dies in war, and you have no idea what his motivation is. Every service member who dies in legal military action deserves respect.

I also respect legal protestors whether I agree with them or not. They are taking a risk for something they are passionate about and that action deserves respect. It is no where near the same level of potential sacrifice but I still respect it none the less.

This stance you felt compeled to share needs to be reevaluated, it is beneath you if you stop and think about it.

Every goddam thread is gonna end up in FYI isn’t it?

Favre has no history of that kind of rottenness, has he? Other kinds, yes, but dick pics are a whole other thing.
    The world is encroaching on your safe little bubble.

This thread can't go in FYI. It's part of packerrat culture.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

The world is encroaching on your safe little bubble.
    The same way a farmer doesn't kill his productive dairy cattle, the all seeing eye of the Illuminati won't kill all of their red neck American labor resources. So there's a good chance it wont get too bad. But...... I do wonder at what point tex would begin to object.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.