Page 6 of 563 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 506 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Brett looked good yes, but it was very vanilla. I'm anxious to see what happens the first couple weeks of the season. It sure seemed like the whole Jet team was amped up though. Can't help but think Favre's presence has the whole team believing it could happen this year.

Yeah...big difference between Favre as a leader and Rodgers as a leader right now. I'm not knocking Rodgers, since he hasn't started a game yet and it will take time and wins for him to garner that leadership quality...but like I've said before, IMO we don't win that Seahawk playoff game last year with Rodgers at QB. The collective belief in Favre in the huddle is a very real factor that we will certainly miss at times in 2008.
    My signature has NUDITY in it...whatcha gonna do?

Quote Originally Posted by The Leaper
    Yeah...big difference between Favre as a leader and Rodgers as a leader right now. I'm not knocking Rodgers, since he hasn't started a game yet and it will take time and wins for him to garner that leadership quality...but like I've said before, IMO we don't win that Seahawk playoff game last year with Rodgers at QB. The collective belief in Favre in the huddle is a very real factor that we will certainly miss at times in 2008.

If Brett played like he did against the Seahawks in every game last year, we'd have joined the Pats at 16-0. He was terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Quote Originally Posted by The Leaper

If Brett played like he did against the Seahawks in every game last year, we'd have joined the Pats at 16-0. He was terrific.
    He played well like that in spirts throughout the season too - such as games at denver, KC, and the Giants, and who can forget the great game he played against the chargers. I mean, there was nothing like that Snow Game to compare too, but Brett has always said he loves snow games... and it showed.

Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker1234
    Brett has always said he loves snow games... and it showed.
    Was it snowing in Chicago last year on December 23rd, when he was 17 of 32 for 149 yds, no touchdowns and 2 interceptions? I forget.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker1234
    Brett has always said he loves snow games... and it showed.
    Was it snowing in Chicago last year on December 23rd, when he was 17 of 32 for 149 yds, no touchdowns and 2 interceptions? I forget.
    It snowed the first 5 minutes of the game... then it stopped and it was just plain cold the entire game.

So, while technically it di dsnow, it wasn't snowing for a majority of the game.

So as long as it snows the entire game, Brett should be just fine.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

By DENNIS WASZAK Jr., AP Sports Writer

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP)—Brett Favre was having fun again.

His tearful retirement and tumultuous offseason were tucked away in his memory. Favre was back where he’s always been happiest: in the huddle with thousands of cheers providing a perfect soundtrack.

“It’s like starting all over again,” the New York Jets’ new quarterback said. “I had some feelings that I haven’t felt in 17 years.”

After throwing a touchdown pass to cap his second series against Washington in his Jets debut Saturday night, Favre urged coach Eric Mangini to let him play some more.

“He said, ‘Let me think about it,”’ Favre said. “As he turned away, he turned back and said, ‘I thought about it.”’

Sorry, Brett. You’ll have to wait until next Saturday against the defending Super Bowl champion Giants.

“This is one of those times where everything seemed to be clicking,” Favre said. “We’d like to have scored on the first drive. All in all, it was good. I was OK with it.”

Favre was solid in his brief Jets debut after a week of cramming to learn his new playbook. Just 10 days after being acquired from Green Bay, Favre finished 5-of-6 for 48 yards and threw a 4-yard touchdown pass to Dustin Keller in a 13-10 loss to the Redskins.

“It worked out better than I thought it would, not that I thought it would go badly,” he said.

Saying it felt “a little weird” wearing a Jets uniform, Favre was on the field for 14 plays and Mangini said the three-time MVP had between 30 and 40 plays to work with.

“I thought I threw the ball well and moved around OK,” Favre said. “Ten days ago, I was doing yard work.”

Favre retired in March and then decided he still wanted to play, leading to a bitter divorce with Green Bay. He said his arm felt tired Wednesday and had his throws limited in his final two practices leading up to the game, but showed no signs of weariness against the Redskins.

“He was the same old Brett,” receiver Jerricho Cotchery said. “Very much in control of the huddle, like he always is, and very much in control of the game. And that allowed us to be in control as an offense, as a unit. We felt like everything that we were going to run was going to work.”

Favre, in his first game since losing to the Giants in the NFC championship in January, got things started quickly. He zipped an 11-yard pass into Cotchery’s hands on his first play, and tossed a 10-yarder to Chris Baker two plays later.

The Jets converted a fourth-and-1 on a 3-yard run by Thomas Jones, but Favre was sacked two plays later. After Favre was short on a pass to Jones, the Jets were forced to punt.

On the next possession, Favre found Cotchery on a nice crossing route for a 19-yard gain on third down. Three plays later, Favre took the snap, looked to his left and found Keller in the end zone to give the Jets a 7-0 lead with 5:25 remaining in the first quarter.

“It was an excellent start,” Mangini said. “He moved the team down the field and put us in a position to score.”

That’s the type of presence Favre brings to a team that hasn’t been to the Super Bowl in 40 years, when Joe Namath—the Jets’ last superstar quarterback— led the franchise to its only title.

“I felt like I’m a Jet, I do,” Favre said. “Does that sound a little awkward or funny? Maybe a little bit. Believe me, I feel very comfortable here. The guys have been great. They’ve welcomed me. … I feel like I’m here for a reason. As I’ve told the guys, ‘I’m here for one reason, to help you win.’ I’ll do whatever that takes and I hope it works out.”

Favre spent the previous 16 seasons with the Packers, becoming an icon with his gritty playmaking ability and rifle right arm. The fans in Green Bay always knew they could count on him to show up on Sundays as Favre has played in a record 253 regular-season games.

His close-cropped hair and the ever-present stubble on his face are speckled with gray these days, but his desire to play football—which some doubted— clearly remains.

Gone are the troubling thoughts that swirled through Favre’s mind, that maybe he made the wrong choice by leaving retirement and Green Bay behind.

“Obviously a lot of things have gone on the last few months,” he said. “I’m not going to sit here and say I haven’t second-guessed decisions, not only this year but along the way. One thing I know for sure, when I stepped on the field, as I did tonight, I knew I made the right decision.”

Favre has been careful to say all the right things since joining the Jets on Aug. 6, guaranteeing nothing except his best effort.

“We’re a team and I’m just one piece of this puzzle,” Favre said. “At some point, we have to go on and focus on what we’re trying to do as a team and not on one person.”

But Favre isn’t just anyone. And his teammates have quickly discovered that.

“He’s definitely much more relaxed than you would think he was,” Keller said. “He has been in this offense for what, a week? As fast as he has been getting everything, it’s ridiculous.”

Blog Entries
    We had two chicks come into the bank with Brett Favre New York Jets Uniforms. Dark complected...brown hair........they were hot............

I mean the uniforms !

Anyways, that dark green and white uniform actually did look pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    We had two chicks come into the bank with Brett Favre New York Jets Uniforms. Dark complected...brown hair........they were hot............

I mean the uniforms !

Anyways, that dark green and white uniform actually did look pretty cool.
    LOL you buying one?

As if seeing Favre in a Jets uniform isn't weird enough, I'm starting to see quite a few people around GB wearing Jets apparel.

Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    As if seeing Favre in a Jets uniform isn't weird enough, I'm starting to see quite a few people around GB wearing Jets apparel.
    I read in another forum that one of the shops in GB has a waiting list for #4 Jets jerseys. That's gotta seem so weird in GB.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    I read in another forum that one of the shops in GB has a waiting list for #4 Jets jerseys. That's gotta seem so weird in GB.

TED THOMPSON HAS WRECKED GB FOR AT LEAST 3 YEARS IMHO...
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

I WANNA YELL THE LOUD FUNNY WORDS TOO!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Blog Entries
    ESPN giving some great Favre analysis

Senior Rat Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    ESPN giving some great Favre analysis

Thats not possible we all know they are the FOX news of sports, everything they report is Favre propaganda, his stats are slanted to his advantage and they sometimes even Photoshop a polo shirt on him for his postgame presser cause we all know Brett never wore no stinking polos, whats next his grey beard will be digitally enhanced to show no age. Damn those bastards can't they ever report honestly. There have been reports from a handful of people that were not brainwashed during the showing of the Wrangler jean commercial on the the jumbotron that Favre actually didn't complete any passes. Erik Rodgers fro Cali stated that "he was way off on all of them, ESPN doctored the highlights to show those laser shots everyone knows my cousin er I mean most QB's in the NFL have stronger arms than Favre." Another fan Brittney McCarthy from Pittsbugh said "it was quite obvious to me that he has no desire left to play, the way he threw those balls so hard right at the recievers chests he just wants to hurt people so they cut him."

Senior Rat HOFer
    It actually just broke down his 4-5 passes and I thought it was pretty good too.. showed his eyes and how he looked people off and allowed people to break from coverage. He also anticipated the throw and threw it a step before the guy was actually open... very cool to watch when ESPN actually does something right

Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP

Unless you can back that up with a logical arguement, putting it in caps does nothing.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP

Unless you can back that up with a logical arguement, putting it in caps does nothing.
    That's not quite true. I believe that putting it in all caps makes it one louder.