Page 61 of 563 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 561 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacopete4

so the QB with the most talent in the history of the game gets zero credit for becoming good?... he was pretty damn good in college and holmgren wasnt there then? coaches are good due to good players... holmgren is no different.. was he a good coach, well ya.. but dont take away what brett did.. redic
    Not taking anything away from what Brett accomplished in this league, but WTF are you talking about? Did you see him in Atlanta? Did you see him the first year and a half in Green Bay? Oh, sorry I forgot you are too young to have seen it with your own eyes and actually take anything away from it. Favre was a HORRIBLE QB with the Falcons. He was a HORRIBLE QB when he came to Green Bay. I remember screaming at the TV when Favre would make some of his bonehead plays, pleading that Holmgren would put in Brunell, or Majikowski, or even Anthony Dilweg a time or two (If you aren't old enough to remember Anthony Dilweg, you aren't old enough to remember the beginning of Favre's career in Green Bay). Seriously. He was god awful before Holmgren got him under control. Don't believe me? Ask other Packer fans that have been around longer than you. Ask other Packer fans who are old enough to remember the 1992 season. Ask other FOOTBALL fans that have been around to see GREATER quarterbacks than the almighty Brett Favre. You might be suprised at what you find out...
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunakor

so the QB with the most talent in the history of the game gets zero credit for becoming good?... he was pretty damn good in college and holmgren wasnt there then? coaches are good due to good players... holmgren is no different.. was he a good coach, well ya.. but dont take away what brett did.. redic
    Not taking anything away from what Brett accomplished in this league, but WTF are you talking about? Did you see him in Atlanta? Did you see him the first year and a half in Green Bay? Oh, sorry I forgot you are too young to have seen it with your own eyes and actually take anything away from it. Favre was a HORRIBLE QB with the Falcons. He was a HORRIBLE QB when he came to Green Bay. I remember screaming at the TV when Favre would make some of his bonehead plays, pleading that Holmgren would put in Brunell, or Majikowski, or even Anthony Dilweg a time or two (If you aren't old enough to remember Anthony Dilweg, you aren't old enough to remember the beginning of Favre's career in Green Bay). Seriously. He was god awful before Holmgren got him under control. Don't believe me? Ask other Packer fans that have been around longer than you. Ask other Packer fans who are old enough to remember the 1992 season. Ask other FOOTBALL fans that have been around to see GREATER quarterbacks than the almighty Brett Favre. You might be suprised at what you find out...

he threw 5 fuckin passes in Atlanta haha.. what a joke and he won 9 games his first season... and didnt start til week 3... so shove it... hes a winner, he might not of done it the conventional way like bozos like u wanted but he didnt it better, longer than anyone has, or ever will

Senior Rat HOFer

he threw 5 fuckin passes in Atlanta haha.. what a joke and he won 9 games his first season... and didnt start til week 3... so shove it... hes a winner, he might not of done it the conventional way like bozos like u wanted but he didnt it better, longer than anyone has, or ever will
    The PACKERS won 9 games in his first season.

Now, lets put things into perspective following your logic. How many games did Brett "win"?

Rodgers has won 4 games up to this point for Green Bay, but in your opinion Rodgers hasn't "won" any. It was the defense and special teams that won those games.

Now don't be hypocritical here. How many games did Favre "win" for the Packers his first season? How many games did Favre "win" for the Jets this season? Use the same criteria you would for Rodgers when making that assesment, or else you'll just look like a damn fool.

Answer: ONE. The game he filled in for an injured Don Majikowski, and even in that game, he only had one good drive. It just happened to be the one at the end of the game that scored the winning points. That doesn't negate the plethera of horrible drives he had led up until that point. They play this game on ESPN Classic every now and again, so be sure to catch it next time it is on so you know what I'm talking about.

Senior Rat HOFer

Now, lets put things into perspective following your logic. How many games did Brett "win"?

Rodgers has won 4 games up to this point for Green Bay, but in your opinion Rodgers hasn't "won" any. It was the defense and special teams that won those games.

Now don't be hypocritical here. How many games did Favre "win" for the Packers his first season? How many games did Favre "win" for the Jets this season? Use the same criteria you would for Rodgers when making that assesment, or else you'll just look like a damn fool.

Answer: ONE. The game he filled in for an injured Don Majikowski, and even in that game, he only had one good drive. It just happened to be the one at the end of the game that scored the winning points. That doesn't negate the plethera of horrible drives he had led up until that point. They play this game on ESPN Classic every now and again, so be sure to catch it next time it is on so you know what I'm talking about.

seen it live, seen it many times... thats the part u wanna bitch about is that Favre does make mistakes... and thats fine.. u want dont like the risk taker... i love it.. i always know that Favre wont quit and most likely we'll win the game or come damn close in the end because he is a winner.. its proven over a 17 yr career.. it really doesnt even need to be said

Senior Rat HOFer

seen it live, seen it many times... thats the part u wanna bitch about is that Favre does make mistakes... and thats fine.. u want dont like the risk taker... i love it.. i always know that Favre wont quit and most likely we'll win the game or come damn close in the end because he is a winner.. its proven over a 17 yr career.. it really doesnt even need to be said
    And my point is, risk takers LOSE as many games as they win. They will lose more often than not if the team around them isn't so good. Which is how Brett can throw 3 INT's in a game and still get a tally in the win column. So apparently, the Jets are a pretty good football team without Favre. Apparently, they'd have found some success this year even if Pennington was still their signal caller. It's NOT all Brett Favre in New York. That's what is at the heart of the issue IMO every time people bring up the fact that New York is 6-3 while Green Bay is 4-5 as an arguement in favor of Favre. It's not because of Brett Favre. It's because of a lot of things, including but not limited to Brett Favre. It's about the team being better. And they got better well before the beginning of August when Brett joined the team. They started to get better way the hell back in March while Favre was sitting on his tractor effectively retired. Favre was the final piece, not the only piece or even the most important piece. That's not downplaying Favre at all, it's simply telling it how it is.

Christ, ask a true Jets fan (one who is a Jets fan because they like the Jets, not some young know-it-all like you who became a Jets fan simply because of a certain player) and they'll tell you that Favre hasn't been the best or most productive player they've added to the roster this offseason. They will tell you that the biggest change from last year to this year is on defense. The players they've added on that side of the ball have more to do with their 6-3 record than Favre does. They will tell you that. Go ask them. Seriously, go onto a Jets forum and ask what they have to say about it. You will be suprised.

And your little part about "we'll win it or be damn close"... We've lost the last 2 games by a combined 4 points, which is pretty damn close. If it were Favre under center in Green Bay, and we had lost 2 straight games by a combined 4 points, what would your view of that be and how would it be different than Rodgers losing 2 straight games by a combined 4 points?

At least the Packers haven't lost to the goddamn Raiders...

Senior Rat HOFer

And my point is, risk takers LOSE as many games as they win. They will lose more often than not if the team around them isn't so good. Which is how Brett can throw 3 INT's in a game and still get a tally in the win column. So apparently, the Jets are a pretty good football team without Favre. Apparently, they'd have found some success this year even if Pennington was still their signal caller. It's NOT all Brett Favre in New York. That's what is at the heart of the issue IMO every time people bring up the fact that New York is 6-3 while Green Bay is 4-5 as an arguement in favor of Favre. It's not because of Brett Favre. It's because of a lot of things, including but not limited to Brett Favre. It's about the team being better. And they got better well before the beginning of August when Brett joined the team. They started to get better way the hell back in March while Favre was sitting on his tractor effectively retired. Favre was the final piece, not the only piece or even the most important piece. That's not downplaying Favre at all, it's simply telling it how it is.

Christ, ask a true Jets fan (one who is a Jets fan because they like the Jets, not some young know-it-all like you who became a Jets fan simply because of a certain player) and they'll tell you that Favre hasn't been the best or most productive player they've added to the roster this offseason. They will tell you that the biggest change from last year to this year is on defense. The players they've added on that side of the ball have more to do with their 6-3 record than Favre does. They will tell you that. Go ask them. Seriously, go onto a Jets forum and ask what they have to say about it. You will be suprised.

And your little part about "we'll win it or be damn close"... We've lost the last 2 games by a combined 4 points, which is pretty damn close. If it were Favre under center in Green Bay, and we had lost 2 straight games by a combined 4 points, what would your view of that be and how would it be different than Rodgers losing 2 straight games by a combined 4 points?

I havent once said the only reason the Jets are good was because of Favre.. not once buddy... check again... but hes a lot bigger piece than u'll ever give him credit for because ur bitter and jealous of the man.. its really sad... and favre is still better than Arod.. Favre doesnt pee his pants and run to the right everytime he sees a blitz... while favre may have lost a step, he still hasnt declined that far... fuck Arod isnt even the best rookie QB this season, he doesnt even compare to Flacco/Ryan who are playing with less talent... and oh well, they lost to the Raiders.. they have won 6 games.. check back when the Packers get there even..

oh and ps. Favre hasnt lost as many times as he's won... u cant take that to thaaaaa baaaaank....

i was thinking; i blieve both the packers and favre would be having better years if they allowed Lord to "come back to his first love....."

thats what hurts me; i dont know about others but the game itself has actually lost A LIL meaning for me. im just being transparent. although i was already movin towards keepn pro sports in much better perspective, i think brett leaving expedited the erosion of my fanaticism about the pack (i mean i used to be spasitci! but, for what for whY, FOR REAL FOR REAL??). ALL this mess is is ENTERTAINMENT. and i miss being entertained by favre, dd, gj, and the like..

my thoughts!!!

btw, keller is the next chumura for brett imo
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP

Baker, Keller, Franks are a great trio of TE's for Brett.. i love it! huge game thursday... already nervous for it..

I havent once said the only reason the Jets are good was because of Favre.. not once buddy... check again... but hes a lot bigger piece than u'll ever give him credit for because ur bitter and jealous of the man.. its really sad... and favre is still better than Arod.. Favre doesnt pee his pants and run to the right everytime he sees a blitz... while favre may have lost a step, he still hasnt declined that far... fuck Arod isnt even the best rookie QB this season, he doesnt even compare to Flacco/Ryan who are playing with less talent... and oh well, they lost to the Raiders.. they have won 6 games.. check back when the Packers get there even..

oh and ps. Favre hasnt lost as many times as he's won... u cant take that to thaaaaa baaaaank....
    He really does come across that way, doesn't he.
    Blah, blah, blah, Favre has nothing to do with the Jets being a better football team, blah,blah,blah
    Baah

Senior Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by gex

Blah, blah, blah, Favre has nothing to do with the Jets being a better football team, blah,blah,blah

Gex we might wanna stay in our own thread for the next 7 weeks because its not gonna be good for these people on here who were gun hoe on starting over... Favres gonna make the Packers look stupid and it start thursday!... u excited?

OH HELLS YEA!!

Baah

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    gun hoe?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

jets have won 5 of 6 games

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

i was thinking; i blieve both the packers and favre would be having better years if they allowed Lord to "come back to his first love....."

thats what hurts me; i dont know about others but the game itself has actually lost A LIL meaning for me. im just being transparent. although i was already movin towards keepn pro sports in much better perspective, i think brett leaving expedited the erosion of my fanaticism about the pack (i mean i used to be spasitci! but, for what for whY, FOR REAL FOR REAL??). ALL this mess is is ENTERTAINMENT. and i miss being entertained by favre, dd, gj, and the like..

my thoughts!!!

No hot tubbing tho.......ok
    Baah

Baker, Keller, Franks are a great trio of TE's for Brett.. i love it! huge game thursday... already nervous for it..
    too

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

my thoughts!!!

No hot tubbing tho.......ok

hehe

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

adalius thomas out for season

THOMAS JONES...

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Senior Rat HOFer

I didn't say Favre has nothing at all to do with the Jets being a better football team. I said there are bigger reasons than Favre that the Jets are a better football team. Go to a Jets forum and see what their fans think. Do it, rather than bickering here with me in a PACKER forum about something you know little to nothing about. This is how it is. Favre does not suck, but he is not having one of his better seasons. Thomas Jones is having a career year at RB, and the defense is playing lights out. THAT has much more to do with the Jets being 6-3 than anything Favre has done.

Wait, I take that back. The Jets might be 8-1 if it weren't for all the INT's Favre has thrown. Keep that in mind when branding Favre the greatest QB in the history of QB's. Favre leads the NFL in interceptions. Nothing new, but apparently that is worth noting again since a few of us rats don't realize the significance. Favre leads the entire league in INT's. How is that helping his team more than Alan Faneca and Damien Woody opening up gaping holes for Jones to run through? How is that helping his team more than Kris Jenkins and Calvin Pace solidifying their (now) top 10 defense? I mean, really? Favre is the biggest addition they've made, and the most important reason they are 6-3 now? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    gun hoe?
    Apparently, but I'm afraid to try and define it.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

u all thnk law will be too rusty or be fresh to help out with wes and randy?

Brew Crew in 2011!!!