Page 7 of 563 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 507 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier
    Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    As if seeing Favre in a Jets uniform isn't weird enough, I'm starting to see quite a few people around GB wearing Jets apparel.
    I read in another forum that one of the shops in GB has a waiting list for #4 Jets jerseys. That's gotta seem so weird in GB.

TED THOMPSON HAS WRECKED GB FOR AT LEAST 3 YEARS IMHO...
    Unless you can back that up with a logical arguement, putting it in caps does nothing.
    That's not quite true. I believe that putting it in all caps makes it one louder.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akaD9v460yI

Somehow, a large portion of threads here end up with a Spinal Tap reference.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    I don't mind where you post em, though I may not agree with them.
    and I'm always poised to see your reaction 'of course'.

As if anyone should relegate that opinion relative to anything important Scott.

You have been so behind Brett Favre. Obvious sarcasm.

Go Pack GO!
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    As if seeing Favre in a Jets uniform isn't weird enough, I'm starting to see quite a few people around GB wearing Jets apparel.
    I read in another forum that one of the shops in GB has a waiting list for #4 Jets jerseys. That's gotta seem so weird in GB.

TED THOMPSON HAS WRECKED GB FOR AT LEAST 3 YEARS IMHO...
    Unless you can back that up with a logical arguement, putting it in caps does nothing.

sorrry pal unless pushed i dont deal in logical arguments in something as mundane as sports/entertainment; just sheer emotion....
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

saturday will be a good test for brett/jets. that giants pass rush really did a number on cleveland (put anderson out with a concussion). madden curse anyone???

jets oline is much better that browns but i think giants are on a mission to quiet the doubters (i cant recall a defending champ being SO overloooked - which is what i think most of the players get off on/chip on shoulder)

osi, et.al are beasts so i believe jets will use bubba and keller (who brett AND the NY media are high on) in two te set to protect our lord Favre...

brett "jokingly" said he hopes GB goes 0-16 lol

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    I WANNA YELL THE LOUD FUNNY WORDS TOO!

lol, JUST DO IT

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

A good read, posted today on the Jets website.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...uture-not-past

This was on page 2, It brought a little tear to my eye.
    Posted by teri bfrom the jets forum thread by Mobb)

With Brett Favre, Are People Forgetting a Legend?

I never really understood the word “fickle,” so I finally looked it up in the dictionary:

Fickle: (adj) not constant or loyal.

I don’t think there could have been a more appropriate word to describe the comeback of Brett Favre.

No, I am not referring to Brett Favre himself as being fickle; I am referring to the fans of football, the front office of the Green Bay Packers, and most surprisingly, those diehard Packer fans that donned No. 4 on their backs every Sunday, watching their so-called “hero” give his all to get a victory for, not only his team, but to his fans as well.

Every football fan out there knew Brett was all about the game. You never heard about Brett demanding more money or going to jail—Brett stayed out of the public eye unless it had something to do with the game he loved most.

After Brett Favre retired in March of 2008, football fans everywhere hung their head and showed not only appreciation for one of the league’s most valuable players, but respect. He was a legend, a man in his own league, a man that had so much class and dignity, you could see it through a television screen.

I watched his tearful retirement and got a little teary myself, as I knew that HE knew he wasn’t quite ready to throw in the towel, but he did it because he didn’t know if he could give 100 percent to the Green Bay Packers; let’s face it, 100 percent is the only thing Brett Favre knew how to give.

But could he really let the last play he ever made be an interception?

Some of us might be okay with that being our last play, knowing we would still be going down as one of the greatest QBs of all time, but some of us, most of us, do not have the competitiveness that Favre has.

"Competitiveness alone won't win games, but when someone has some skill and then has competitiveness, they have a chance to be good," Irvin Favre, Brett’s father once said. "I knew Brett had a chance. I just did not know what he would do with it."

Many football fans, mainly GB ones, were irate at Favre for wanting to be traded to the Minnesota Vikings, calling him selfish and a traitor.

Wasn’t it Brett Favre that spoke openly about the Packers being his No. 1 team to play for? So Favre finally spoke out and said, “If you won’t let me play for you, let me play against you.”

Selfish? No. Competitive? Yes. There is a difference. And that difference is what sets him apart from many athletes today.

Brett Favre played 16 seasons with the Packers. During his time in Green Bay, he won three consecutive AP MVP awards—the first and only person in NFL history to do so.

He has led the Packers to 11 postseason appearances, including seven division crowns, four NFC Championship games, two Super Bowls, and he won Super Bowl XXXI. He ranks first all-time with 160 victories, and also in virtually every significant passing category.

Back in March of 2004, Brett was chosen as the No. 1 “Toughest Guy in America” on the basis of his “fearlessness, perseverance, a willingness to take a risk, a tolerance for pain, and even a dash of modesty." That was four years ago, and now people are saying he is “too old to play the game?”

Funny how just a year ago, fans everywhere were singing a different tune.

I wasn’t aware that after retiring, one of the greatest athletes of all time would be ridiculed for wanting to come back and play for the team, the game, and the fans he loved most. Unfortunately, his comeback was not as welcomed as one would have hoped.

He was criticized left and right and was made to feel like more of an inconvenience than a man who dedicated half of his life to the Packers. A man that has started in 253 consecutive games for Green Bay. A man that, learning of his father’s death the night before, took the field and passed for a total of 399 yards and four touchdowns, crediting it all to his Dad:

"I knew that my dad would have wanted me to play," Favre said. "I love him so much, and I love this game. It's meant a great deal to me, to my dad, to my family, and I didn't expect this kind of performance. But I know he was watching tonight."

He is a man who chooses to play with his heart, no matter what the circumstances are, even if it meant walking away from the team he honored more than most of us will ever know.

On Mar. 4, 2008, Favre formally announced his retirement. Favre’s agent, Bus Cook, believed that Favre had not received the impression from the Packers that they wanted him back.

Would he still have retired had he felt different?

I guess we will never know, but what is clear is where the disloyalty came from in the Packers front office: Ted Thompson. Favre released this statement about his former boss:

“It’s hard for me to, you know, trust, you know, this guy when I...either I’m told one thing and everyone else is told another, or he’s telling the public one thing and telling me another. And so...that’s part of the reason for requesting the release. Not only was I told that playing here was not an option, we’re moving on—it’s kind of in their company line, moving on. That’s OK.”

Brett knew he wasn't wanted, so he did what many feared most and filed for reinstatement with the NFL. His petition was soon granted by Commissioner Goodell. Brett was traded to the New York Jets and was no longer a Green Bay Packer.

But, being the class act he is, Favre left Green Bay with these words, "I always wanted to be a Packer," he said. "I think I'll always be a Packer. People will say it was the best 16 years. I think it was made clear this offseason that they were moving forward—that's OK —it's time for me to move forward."

Only time will tell if one of football’s greatest athletes will succeed in New York. It still feels so wrong to be writing Brett Favre and New York Jets in the same sentence. But what feels right is that Brett is on that field again.

He is following the one thing many of us are too scared to follow because of the risk: He is following his heart.

And that is why he will always be a hero. A hero on and off the field and a hero within. Good luck Brett. You truly are an inspiration to athletes everywhere.
    Baah

Quote Originally Posted by gex

I never really understood the word “fickle,” so I finally looked it up in the dictionary:

Fickle: An inability to decide whether or not to retire from pro football. Typical symptoms include wild mood swings and wavering between staying retired or returning to play. Can be aggravated by a middle age crisis, and/or Bus Cook. Known Cure: Take $25M over 10 years and call me in the morning.

Ironically, fickle starts with "F", as in Favre.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27

As you should be, you bewildered old coot.

I think you love Favre in large part because it helps fuel your unholy hatred of Ted. It may be better for your tortured soul if you found it in your heart to forgive Ted for whatever despicable act you think he committed, even though you likely hallucinated the entire episode during a moment of severe dementia.

Don't be a hater Woody.

Your a funny guy lol
    Those were both pretty good zings.
    I got a chuckle.
    Baah

I think you love Favre in large part because it helps fuel your unholy hatred of Ted. It may be better for your tortured soul if you found it in your heart to forgive Ted for whatever despicable act you think he committed, even though you likely hallucinated the entire episode during a moment of severe dementia.

Don't be a hater Woody.
    The despicible act TT committed? In Woody's mind? Getting hired.

So when do the Jets play again? Fri or Sat?
    Baah

Quote Originally Posted by gex
    So when do the Jets play again? Fri or Sat?
    Sat. vs Giants.

Will be televised on NFL network on Sunday at 3pm Central

Hey Gex.... if you live in Hodag country, you will be happy to know that Channel 7 out of Wausau has just contracted to broadcast 8 or 9 Jets games this year. Our CBS station in GB is doing the same thing...and trying to get more. HUGE demand - which means of course stations start salivating over advertising revenue opportunities for football games and will do whatever they can to get rights to carry them.

Very cool
    Thanx ladies!
    Baah

Blog Entries
    I signed up for Direct TV today; the hottie on the other end of the phone noted there has been a huge surge in WI signups for the NFL Package since many Packer fans want to watch the Jets games as well.

Throwing Red Flags All Over McCarthy's Lawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    I signed up for Direct TV today; the hottie on the other end of the phone noted there has been a huge surge in WI signups for the NFL Package since many Packer fans want to watch the Jets games as well.
    You could just download Sopcast and/or TVUPlayer and stream most of the noteworthy games for free to your PC while you watch the Packers or the other noteworthy games too. Pretty good shit for catching all the NFL Network games. Last year, I streamed the Cowboy/GB game with Sopcast off my laptop to my 50" Plasma with a VGA cable to watch with some buddies. Works great and is free. Check it out for all that don't know.
    Snake's Twitter comments would be LEGENDARY.........if I was ugly or gave a shit about Twitter.

Don't be a hater Woody.
    Scott your either senile or have a certain inability to discern TRUTH because of your own extreme views and opinions based in you quasi Ultra egomaniacial delutions.

I want Ted Thompson to hang around for awhile, so you and some others here will get a good fill of him. For the upteenth time SCOTT CAMPBELL.

Can YOU read poor man?

I don't hate Scott Campbell. I've discovered in my experience that usually those who accuse others of that ( or hatred) well know what hatred means in their own suffering and guilt. I wish you well with that Scott. Sincerely.

Scratching my head. Shaking my head.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

The CBS channels in the state can request that the network feed them specific matchups if there is a clear indication that it will boost local viewership. Clearly, Jets games with Favre will do that. For Jets games not on CBS, then it up to the other networks to agree with local affiliates. The CBS guy quoted in the Journal Sentinel said unless there was a conflict on times or the double-header, the requests usually get approved. There probably will be a lot of Jets games all over the state on CBS.

One mention of the fan post from the Jets blog. When people start to believe that they know the inner workings of people's minds and their feelings like they are close, personal friends or family, I think fandom has crossed a line. No one knows whether Favre's intentions are pure or not, nor do they know if Thompson's intentions are despicable or not.

And she certainly should not lump all fans who did not want to see Favre in a Vikings uniform as disloyal. I know loyal Vikings fans who did not want him, so that they didn't have to start to root for him. Treating a celebrity (or even a hero) like he is your best friend and you KNOW him is a little bit sad.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.