Page 8 of 563 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 508 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeLH2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    I signed up for Direct TV today; the hottie on the other end of the phone noted there has been a huge surge in WI signups for the NFL Package since many Packer fans want to watch the Jets games as well.
    You could just download Sopcast and/or TVUPlayer and stream most of the noteworthy games for free to your PC while you watch the Packers or the other noteworthy games too. Pretty good shit for catching all the NFL Network games. Last year, I streamed the Cowboy/GB game with Sopcast off my laptop to my 50" Plasma with a VGA cable to watch with some buddies. Works great and is free. Check it out for all that don't know.
    Sometimes Sopcast gets unstable though. I wouldn't want to have to rely on that to see the game. I tried it a few times last year and had some troubles. Sometimes the game listed wasn't the right game or it was choppy or poor quality.

New York Jets' offensive line has tough test against the Giants

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. — With protecting their new quarterback a top priority, the New York Jets' revamped offensive line is looking forward to its next big challenge: the Giants' sack-happy defence.

"I think everybody knows about their front," left guard Alan Faneca said Thursday. "It helped them win the Super Bowl, so it's going to be a good gauge for us."

The Jets, with new additions Faneca and right tackle Damien Woody, are eager to take on a Giants squad that piled up 53 sacks last season and will have its sights set on Brett Favre on Saturday night.

"I try to keep all quarterbacks who are behind me healthy," left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson said. "Obviously, you want to keep that guy healthy as well."

The Giants, with defensive ends Osi Umenyiora and Justin Tuck leading the way, have firmly established a reputation for dominating quarterbacks. They sacked Tom Brady five times in the Super Bowl victory against New England.

"Their front four is phenomenal," fullback Tony Richardson said. "Any one of those guys could have been right up there for MVP of the Super Bowl. They took over the game."

Coach Eric Mangini was uncertain how much Favre would play, but teams usually leave their starters in the third pre-season game for at least the entire first half.

"It's really going to depend on how many plays we have offensively and how long their first group is in," Mangini said. "It's really hard to say at this point."

Favre looked good in his two series last week in his Jets debut against Washington. He was 5-for-6 for 48 yards and touchdown, and was hoping to see more action Saturday.

"With every pre-season game I've played in, I'd like to play the whole game," Favre said earlier this week. "It's kind of a touchy situation, but based on how much I've played, or haven't played, I would think I would play more."

That would mean more time for the offensive line to make sure the Giants' swarming defence stays away from its rifle-armed 38-year-old quarterback.

"We want to do all the small things right," Woody said. "We want to really be crisp out there for the third game, knowing that we will not likely be out there for the Philly game (next week). This game is going to be as close to a regular-season procedure as possible. We really want to go out there and make a statement."

That's easier said than done against a Giants defence that dominated the Cleveland Browns early in a 37-34 victory Monday night.

"They were really impressive against Cleveland and they have some really good athletes in their front seven," Woody said. "We feel like we're a pretty good group up front, too."

Even before the Jets acquired Favre from Green Bay two weeks ago, the offensive line was considered by many the biggest key to success this season. The Jets got only adequate pass protection for Chad Pennington and Kellen Clemens last season, and that also affected the running game.

Promising third-year players Ferguson and centre Nick Mangold, along with veteran guard Brandon Moore, remained from last season's unit. After a botched salary dispute led to left guard Pete Kendall being traded to Washington, the Jets struggled to find a replacement.

So, they headed into free agency targeting the best available at the position. They signed Faneca, a seven-time Pro Bowl performer with Pittsburgh, to a five-year, US$40-million deal - making him the league's highest-paid offensive lineman. They also signed Woody, a former Super Bowl-winning centre with New England, to bolster the right tackle spot.

"I think we have potential and we've laid a really good groundwork here in training camp," Faneca said. "You're starting to see signs, not of life, but things beyond just the X's and O's. It's getting to where you're starting to do some things in some pretty difficult situations and being able to get the blocks."

Favre faced the Giants in the Packers' loss in the NFC championship game and wasn't sacked, but was hurried and felt the pressure in subzero temperatures at Lambeau Field.

"That's over and done with," Favre said. "Obviously, it's a new year. A lot of things have changed. It's a pre-season game for us. I'm not thinking about the past. They're the team to beat in this league. We're just trying to get better this week."

Notes: Wide receiver Laveranues Coles (left leg), who hasn't spoken to the media since the team released Pennington, has been limited in practice. Mangini was unsure if he would play against the Giants. "It's all measured steps," Mangini said. "You don't want to have a setback this late in the process. We'll just see how it is." ... Mangini said defensive end Shaun Ellis (hand) is "getting closer," but didn't know if he'd play this week. ... The game will mark the 40th time the teams have met in the pre-season, with the Jets leading 20-18-1.

J-E-T-S JETS,JETS,JETS
    Baah

I am unable to see the Jets pre-season game tonight, but Favre finished 9/12 98 yds, no TD's no INT's. 3-0 Jets in the 3rd vs the Giants. Sounds like an exciting game!!!

NFL Network will be rebroadcasting this game Sunday at 3 pm CDT

Are they rebroadcasting yesterday's Pack game again? I looked on the schedule but couldn't find it.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Giants' Umenyiora carted off.

Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    I am unable to see the Jets pre-season game tonight, but Favre finished 9/12 98 yds, no TD's no INT's. 3-0 Jets in the 3rd vs the Giants. Sounds like an exciting game!!!

A TD was brought back due to a Bubba Franks illegal motion. So he woulda been 10/13 145 yds and 1 TD.

He looked damned good in the NFL.com highlight film.

But A-Rod played very well, too!

Blog Entries
    Super Bowl or Bust

Packers vs. Jets

And we'd get a first round draft pick to boot; that would be sweet
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    Super Bowl or Bust

Packers vs. Jets

And we'd get a first round draft pick to boot; that would be sweet
    Pick 31, though B.

Edit: And 32!! TT would trade up fer sher!!

Hey Gex.... if you live in Hodag country, you will be happy to know that Channel 7 out of Wausau has just contracted to broadcast 8 or 9 Jets games this year. Our CBS station in GB is doing the same thing...and trying to get more. HUGE demand - which means of course stations start salivating over advertising revenue opportunities for football games and will do whatever they can to get rights to carry them.

smart move; all about the benjamins....

btw, Lord Favre's all-important passer rating is 118.5 during the all-important pre-season

pennington did well last nite for the phins as well (hopefully he'll toss some balls to the jets out of confusion week 1; cant wait to see THAT game...)
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007

A TD was brought back due to a Bubba Franks illegal motion. So he woulda been 10/13 145 yds and 1 TD.

that was a GREAT pitch and catch too; he looked off the safety and froze him stiff. xcellent protection....

mark schlareth insists Jets are a playoff team using the word "great" to describe the squad...

LETS GO...

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP

pennington did well last nite for the phins as well (hopefully he'll toss some balls to the jets out of confusion week 1; cant wait to see THAT game...)
    No doubt! I'm so glad that this game isn't overlapping our game.

Senior Rat HOFer
    that throw he made on Bubba's illegal movement was amazing... if you really wanna see a QB with arm strength... there it was, wowzers! You don't see QB's throw like that very often..

No doubt! I'm so glad that this game isn't overlapping our game.
    "our" game? who do pack play that sunday?

J/K

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

i wonder if mangini will "allow" brett to play a significant amount of time in their last pre-season game vs eagles since he's only played in two so far (in both games he asked coach if he could play more snaps - gotta love that, btw)??!!

that would give the squad more time to gel as well as be a good test vs a good-to-great defense

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

2 hours and 7 minutes....

until jets/giants game on nfl network!!!

im interested in jenkins, etc play on d-line; if they give the O good field position this year....BOOM

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacopete4
    that throw he made on Bubba's illegal movement was amazing... if you really wanna see a QB with arm strength... there it was, wowzers! You don't see QB's throw like that very often..
    It sure was a great throw....wow! I only watched the first half of the game today. I was at a cook out and had to be social

Need to get hooked up with Direct TV. With Favre gone I'm not even guaranteed the Packer games will be shown here.......and I want to follow Brett the Jet too!

Senior Rat Veteran
    i wonder if mangini will "allow" brett to play a significant amount of time in their last pre-season game vs eagles since he's only played in two so far (in both games he asked coach if he could play more snaps - gotta love that, btw)??!!

that would give the squad more time to gel as well as be a good test vs a good-to-great defense
    They said during the rebroadcast on Sunday that he and Reid alraedy had a gentlemans agreement no key starters in the last game Favre will not play. Without the wideouts and o-lines stupid penalties Brett would have had about 90 more yards and a TD and the Jets QB's as a whole would have had an awesome QB rating probably 130. There was one sequence in the second half where there where three falsestarts,illegal motion, and illegal shift penalties in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by prsnfoto

They said during the rebroadcast on Sunday that he and Reid alraedy had a gentlemans agreement no key starters in the last game Favre will not play. Without the wideouts and o-lines stupid penalties Brett would have had about 90 more yards and a TD and the Jets QB's as a whole would have had an awesome QB rating probably 130. There was one sequence in the second half where there where three falsestarts,illegal motion, and illegal shift penalties in a row.

yeah, 12 penalties overall and 10 on offense. at least those are "mental" mistakes and not b/c of effort/ability (bubba knows better).

BRETTS been balln and thats w/o any semblance of a running game (jones 12 carries for 29 yrds) and w/o wr coles to help stretch the field. jerricho cotchery is a BEAST like driver

kris jenkins is a MAN on that dline; i think he has sumthn to prove to the naysayers who said he's lost a step (i remember how well he played against pack two and three years ago...) and vernon gholston, although raw, is as athletic as barnnett but stronger

btw, skip bayless thinks #4 will lead jets to a 12-4 record......WHOA!

and even notorious favre basher two live stew's youngest bro retracted his neg comments about brett and says brett's bn playn "like he has somethng to prove" to the pack and others (thats scary for the weak afc east) and that "if anyone could do it, brett can" e.g., that nice 8 yard jaunt for a first down at age 39 - pulled down hard out of bounds but got up quicker than a hi schooler and sprinted back to the huddle...

LETS GOOOOO....!!!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!