Page 82 of 531 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ? HOFer
    From JSO:

With Rodgers under center, the Packers are on pace to finish with four fewer touchdown passes (24) and five fewer interceptions (10) than a year ago. Missing during Rodgers' 5-5 start are the magical plays that would have turned defeats into victories

he had a chance to move the Packers in range for a go-ahead field goal under 2 minutes against Tampa Bay and couldn't do it. He had another chance with less than 2 minutes left against Tennessee to set up a go-ahead field goal and couldn't do it.

He had another chance to lead the Packers to victory late against Minnesota, and he got them on the edge of field-goal range, but kicker Mason Crosby missed from 52 yards.

It's anyone's guess whether Favre would have done any better in those games, but it is fair to ask if Rodgers has played it safer than Favre, just for the sake of avoiding interceptions. Has he taken the chances necessary when the game is on the line?

It's fair to ask, but next to impossible to really compare.

Brett's a veteran and A-Rod is really in his first year in a lot of ways. After a couple of seasons under his belt A-Rod's play might have made the difference in those situations.

Personally, I'm happy that both guys are doing okay. Brett's a first ballot HOFer. They don't come along very often.

A-Rod is no Farve, but he seems to have the makings of an above average NFL quarterback.

If the two teams don't play each other this year in the Super Bowl (my wish), the schedule makers will find a way to have a Packers-Jets game for next year.

A head-to-head match-up would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    From JSO:

He had another chance with less than 2 minutes left against Tennessee to set up a go-ahead field goal and couldn't do it.
    that 1 hurt the most...
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

From JSO:

With Rodgers under center, the Packers are on pace to finish with four fewer touchdown passes (24) and five fewer interceptions (10) than a year ago. Missing during Rodgers' 5-5 start are the magical plays that would have turned defeats into victories

he had a chance to move the Packers in range for a go-ahead field goal under 2 minutes against Tampa Bay and couldn't do it. He had another chance with less than 2 minutes left against Tennessee to set up a go-ahead field goal and couldn't do it.

He had another chance to lead the Packers to victory late against Minnesota, and he got them on the edge of field-goal range, but kicker Mason Crosby missed from 52 yards.

It's anyone's guess whether Favre would have done any better in those games, but it is fair to ask if Rodgers has played it safer than Favre, just for the sake of avoiding interceptions. Has he taken the chances necessary when the game is on the line?
    I don't blame Rodgers at all for MN game. M3 put his eggs in a basket and banked on Crosby making a long FG. Not sure what other reason for the pathetic play calling at the end there.

I think Rodgers is just doing what is asked of him...to manage the game and not take chances.

I hate being so....vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon

Brett's a veteran and A-Rod is really in his first year in a lot of ways. After a couple of seasons under his belt A-Rod's play might have made the difference in those situations.

Personally, I'm happy that both guys are doing okay. Brett's a first ballot HOFer. They don't come along very often.

A-Rod is no Favre, but he seems to have the makings of an above average NFL quarterback.

If the two teams don't play each other this year in the Super Bowl (my wish), the schedule makers will find a way to have a Packers-Jets game for next year.

That cannot happen. The Packers don't play the AFC East next year.

EDIT: The Packers play the AFC North next year. The next time the Packers will face the Jets barring the Super Bowl will be 2010 in NYC. The chances of a Favre vs. Packers game are next to nil.

Quote Originally Posted by cpk1994
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon

A-Rod is no Favre, but he seems to have the makings of an above average NFL quarterback.

Packers have 2 games not predestined but those come against teams with like records.

That cannot happen. The Packers don't play the AFC East next year.

EDIT: The Packers play the AFC North next year. The next time the Packers will face the Jets barring the Super Bowl will be 2010 in NYC. The chances of a Favre vs. Packers game are next to nil.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

From JSO:

This is fair, but remember these games. The Tampa Bay game is the one he injured his shoulder, and Tampa Bay is tough. He actually did lead them to TWO scoring drives in the final 16 minutes to tie the game against Tennessee (one with 0:11 left in the 3rd quarter and the second with 5 minutes left in the game). The main problem was that the Titans got the ball in OT and never gave it up. Hard to blame him for Minnesota since McCarthy chose to run the ball at the end, so he didn't have a chance to do any more than what he did.

If we win the coin toss in one game and McCarthy lets him have a chance to get closer in the other, we might have two more victories. I wonder how differently the ARod bashers would think of him if that happened.

? HOFer
    I'm not sure if I blame MM more or Rodgers, but MM has really turned me off this year.

Watching the Giants/Cardinals game, it was refreshing to see a coach to took advantage of every opportunity to get ahead. I don't feel that MM does that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    From JSO:

This is fair, but remember these games. The Tampa Bay game is the one he injured his shoulder, and Tampa Bay is tough. He actually did lead them to TWO scoring drives in the final 16 minutes to tie the game against Tennessee (one with 0:11 left in the 3rd quarter and the second with 5 minutes left in the game). The main problem was that the Titans got the ball in OT and never gave it up. Hard to blame him for Minnesota since McCarthy chose to run the ball at the end, so he didn't have a chance to do any more than what he did.

If we win the coin toss in one game and McCarthy lets him have a chance to get closer in the other, we might have two more victories. I wonder how differently the ARod bashers would think of him if that happened.

I'm not sure there are too many AROD bashers left

If believing the Packers would have a better record with Favre this year than they do right now makes one an AROD basher I bet we have quite a load of them

I think we get less WOW plays with AROD but we also get less DAMMIT plays.

TT made a choice for the best long term interests of the Packers; I can live with that and I hope AROD leads us to the promise land in the future.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    From JSO:

I'm not sure there are too many AROD bashers left

If believing the Packers would have a better record with Favre this year than they do right now makes one an AROD basher I bet we have quite a load of them

I think we get less WOW plays with AROD but we also get less DAMMIT plays.

TT made a choice for the best long term interests of the Packers; I can live with that and I hope AROD leads us to the promise land in the future.
    well said. I think AROD got one of those learning things tonight. This is something you have to learn from and move on. Shit happens and it happened tonight. He had happy feet again though.....

? HOFer
    I don't think theres any A-Rod bashers, I'm certainly not, but I think he is WAY overrated to this point, and has the talent to be very good.

Right now, he's inconsistent and playing like a 1st year quarterback.

Well that sucked ass.
    Hows Brett gonna do today?
    Baah

Nice Cadence, getting them to jump on 3rd and 3
    Baah

? HOFer
    Wow, Brett is pissed. What an ugly fucking play, especially in the pouring rain.

? HOFer
    I think thats an awful call. It looks like Cotchery has the ball craddled and is tagged down. Dumb play by the official. You've got to call that ball down if you're not sure since you cannot challenge it.

It seemed like as soon as he was touched while down play should have ended
    Baah

Right back in it. - TD Jones

? HOFer
    Bad pass by Brett on that pick. Still bitter about the BS call to start the game. Cutler is on fire.

that was a beautiful screen the jets just ran. everyone blocked that perfect

Quote Originally Posted by red
    that was a beautiful screen the jets just ran. everyone blocked that perfect
    Faneca had 2 nice blocks.