Page 89 of 563 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell
    Quote Originally Posted by b bulldog
    Brett is a shell of what he once was and as his legs tire, his throws get very eratic. Brett is a top 3 GBP player of all-time but at best he is average now. Thomas Jones is their Offensive MVP.

Best offensive Jets IMO:

Thomas Jones
    Alan Faneca
    Lavernius Coles
    Jerico Cotchery
    Brett Favre

His legs are gone. I agree. He was getting taken down with two fingers of a defender. I was switching between games and one QB would be breaking arm tackles and the next couldn't break a finger tackle. It was shocking how physically weak he was. Then his passes where he didn't have his feet set were just pathetic. In the past he could actually do that stuff. You see the occasional flash, but the impressive physical play has deteriorated to an embarassing low. Him not working out this offseason and his age caught up. He's done. When he didn't put the work in to stay up to NFL level, I think MM/TT thought it was time to move on. In hindsight, they were right.
    I think I'd throw Leon Washington right in there near the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    Legs are gone? He had a 27 yard (called) play last week.
    OK........they aren't what they used to be.
    Yup, Favre is clearly still at the top of the game and should be the MVP this year. Also, Rodgers and Pennington are both horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky

The drop by Bubba may have been the game right there; it's hilarious that haters will show up with their needles every time he falls.

There are a few posters here who don't talk anythign Packer. Mobb Deep, 007, Partial, Paco and I'm sure I'm missing one or two others.

They spend their entire time posting in the Favre thread or rip rodgers and take every opportunity to cut at TT (the Packers GM that many here really like). These people do not deserve any mercy. As far as I"m concerned if all they care about is Brett fAvre they should find a Jets forum to discuss it because what they do is trolling here.

LIke I said a couple days ago. I'm more than happy to take it, but it goes both ways and everyone will have their day.
    Nice

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by b bulldog
    Brett is a shell of what he once was and as his legs tire, his throws get very eratic. Brett is a top 3 GBP player of all-time but at best he is average now. Thomas Jones is their Offensive MVP.

Best offensive Jets IMO:

Thomas Jones
    Alan Faneca
    Lavernius Coles
    Jerico Cotchery
    Brett Favre

His legs are gone. I agree. He was getting taken down with two fingers of a defender. I was switching between games and one QB would be breaking arm tackles and the next couldn't break a finger tackle. It was shocking how physically weak he was. Then his passes where he didn't have his feet set were just pathetic. In the past he could actually do that stuff. You see the occasional flash, but the impressive physical play has deteriorated to an embarassing low. Him not working out this offseason and his age caught up. He's done. When he didn't put the work in to stay up to NFL level, I think MM/TT thought it was time to move on. In hindsight, they were right.
    Impossible to tell. Too many variables.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by channtheman
    Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    Legs are gone? He had a 27 yard (called) play last week.
    OK........they aren't what they used to be.
    Yup, Favre is clearly still at the top of the game and should be the MVP this year. Also, Rodgers and Pennington are both horrible.
    Why the sarcasm for a nice person pointing out that obviously his legs are not completely gone?

Assbag.

And yes, Pennington has always been below average to average. Rodgers is TBD but hasn't shown anything yet.

I'll be lookign forward to 007 posting all of the great NY articles this week, haha. Oh wait, I'll have to dig them out this week

1 TD, 6 INTs in last 4 games. Not Brett's fault
    Why do you have to be such a fucktard? If people want to post articles, they can.

? HOFer
    I really think that Justin Harrell has stepped over the line today. He's an asshole, and I vote to ban him. He doesn't contribute any knowledge, all he does is cause controversy in the RARE occasion he gets something right (IE Brett having one bad game).

I vote for banning Harrell, but only if Partial goes with him. Unfortunately, you are as over the top as he is, but I guess it depends on your point of view. BTW, do you have any more "facts" that I can prove wrong?

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    I vote for banning Harrell, but only if Partial goes with him. Unfortunately, you are as over the top as he is, but I guess it depends on your point of view. BTW, do you have any more "facts" that I can prove wrong?
    Ha. Right. I surely go around attacking people, relating their personal life to their enjoyment of watching Brett Favre. Whatever you say, Harv.

Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    Why do you have to be such a fucktard?
    Uhumm - you told us what a delightful guy Nick is in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    I really think that Justin Harrell has stepped over the line today. He's an asshole, and I vote to ban him. He doesn't contribute any knowledge, all he does is cause controversy in the RARE occasion he gets something right (IE Brett having one bad game).
    I completely disagree with your opinion on Nick's contributions. He starts threads these days with a pseudo journalistic slant. I don't always agree with what his content reveals, but it's far from drivel. Indeed, some sports writers out there could learn a lot about the Pack from our very own Nick.

I also find calling for bannings childish. We are a community and, Tank notwithstanding, we're in this together.

I know Mad well enough to know nothing will materialize from your plea Parsh. But, you should be the last person around here calling to ban another poster, since you are on just about eberybody's shitlist as far as I can tell.

I spend enough time here that the Favre trolling just gets darn right annoying. I'm not the type to call the authorities (or mad in this case) to cry. I'll take the trolling shit all season long, but I'll give it back too. A week ago the trolling hit an all time high so Packer fans fighting back should have been expected.

As far as dragging up peoples personal lives, I don't do that. I don't take any time to dig up peoples personal lives nor will I ever.

? HOFer
    I spend enough time here that the Favre trolling just gets darn right annoying. I'm not the type to call the authorities (or mad in this case) to cry. I'll take the trolling shit all season long, but I'll give it back too. A week ago the trolling hit an all time high so Packer fans fighting back should have been expected.

As far as dragging up peoples personal lives, I don't do that. I don't take any time to dig up peoples personal lives nor will I ever.

"Don't bother Smile Brett lovers fall under three categories.

1. My dad didn't love me so Brett is my adopted father. He's always been there for me and can do no wrong (Partial)

2. I couldn't stay loyal to a husband so I spend my lonely days proving I can be loyal to Brett (007)

and

3. I'm a wanna be football player so I live my life through Favre (Nutz)

As you can see, there is an emotional connection that is stronger to these people than reality Wink. There is no need to have conversations with anyone that you suspect belongs to affore mentioned emotionally invested groups.

You're welcome. I just saved you a lot of wasted time."

Then, when everyone says you're out of line and out of control, you respond with.

"You're a big boy, you can handle it".

Dems da facts.

Just stop it. This is garbage any an potential new members are being influenced. Both of you are vets here and have a significant responsibility to keep this a Packers friendly site.

Dear, it's Christmas! The children!
    Show a little charity.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarlam!
    Just stop it. This is garbage any an potential new members are being influenced. Both of you are vets here and have a significant responsibility to keep this a Packers friendly site.
    I agree, thats why I don't post garbage like above. That's Harrell taking unnecessary shots. It's pretty low when you've got to personally attack someone on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    I agree, thats why I don't post garbage like above. That's Harrell taking unnecessary shots. It's pretty low when you've got to personally attack someone on the internet.
    Then use the damned PM option, Parsh. This crap has got to stop in public. We are losing contributors because they can't be bothered to sift threw the crap to get to the valued posts. We used to have the most knowledgeable board in all Packerdom.

I agree. JH's post was a little over the top. Wish he would cut that crap out. He goes in spurts where he makes good posts and then he slips one of those in there and we are right back at square one. Even if I understand the emotional connection many people feel that he was trying to convey it is unnecessary to attach names.
    Go PACK

I decided to finally look at this thread, starting about 2 pages back. I'm glad I didn't start from page 1.

I'll try to get it back on target...
    Seems like BF had a bad day yesterday and is slumping. No surprise there -- he didn't put in the offseason work, and the weather is getting worse. (FWIW, I think the NYJ have a talented team.) He's always good for a couple of clunkers per year (e.g., the L to OAK), and Holmgren usually has his number.

He's a decent QB, but he didn't put up Pro Bowl worthy numbers and is going thru a tough stretch. He would be going through the same struggles if TT hadn't traded him, and we'd still be posting crap (myself included) complaining about the OL and DL.

Whatever.
    I think he'll be playing for NY next year, Rodgers will still be the QB here and he will improve, and life will go on (for most of us).

It would be interesting to see how the fans handle it if the Jets don't make the playoffs by losing to Pennington and the 'Fins.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc
    I decided to finally look at this thread, starting about 2 pages back. I'm glad I didn't start from page 1.

I'll try to get it back on target...
    Seems like BF had a bad day yesterday and is slumping. No surprise there -- he didn't put in the offseason work, and the weather is getting worse. (FWIW, I think the NYJ have a talented team.) He's always good for a couple of clunkers per year (e.g., the L to OAK), and Holmgren usually has his number.

He's a decent QB, but he didn't put up Pro Bowl worthy numbers and is going thru a tough stretch. He would be going through the same struggles if TT hadn't traded him, and we'd still be posting crap (myself included) complaining about the OL and DL.

Whatever.
    I think he'll be playing for NY next year, Rodgers will still be the QB here and he will improve, and life will go on (for most of us).

It would be interesting to see how the fans handle it if the Jets don't make the playoffs by losing to Pennington and the 'Fins.
    Ouch that would hurt. Who has done more for there team Brett or Chad? 1-15 team to the playoffs next year. Bill P. is looking like a genius.