Page 9 of 563 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 509 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

NBC loves Favre

Good news Brett Favre fans.

I just read in the Montreal Gazette today that NBC will be carrying the Final 6 Jets games of 2008 and 12 of 16 overall.

Jim Nance made the comment that NBC should be paying a part of Brett Favre's salary.

GO Pack Go.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27
    NBC loves Favre

Good news Brett Favre fans.

I just read in the Montreal Gazette today that NBC will be carrying the Final 6 Jets games of 2008 and 12 of 16 overall.

Jim Nance made the comment that NBC should be paying a part of Brett Favre's salary.

GO Pack Go.

WOW... what a draw; everybody but GB Brass wants to see ol' brett
    They said God has a Tim Tebow complex!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

I think Woody may mean CBC as NBC is not allowed to have that many games for one team per NFL rules.

EDIT: Now I think he is full of it as their is no mention of this on NBC Sports' website nor NFL.com

Quote Originally Posted by cpk1994
    I think Woody may mean CBC as NBC is not allowed to have that many games for one team per NFL rules.

EDIT: Now I think he is full of it as their is no mention of this on NBC Sports' website nor NFL.com
    gulp...

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

Quote Originally Posted by prsnfoto
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBB DEEP
    i wonder if mangini will "allow" brett to play a significant amount of time in their last pre-season game vs eagles since he's only played in two so far (in both games he asked coach if he could play more snaps - gotta love that, btw)??!!

that would give the squad more time to gel as well as be a good test vs a good-to-great defense
    They said during the rebroadcast on Sunday that he and Reid alraedy had a gentlemans agreement no key starters in the last game Favre will not play. Without the wideouts and o-lines stupid penalties Brett would have had about 90 more yards and a TD and the Jets QB's as a whole would have had an awesome QB rating probably 130. There was one sequence in the second half where there where three falsestarts,illegal motion, and illegal shift penalties in a row.

yeah, espnews just reported that mangini is leaning toward sittn brett against eagles. makes sense normally but i would think b/c he only playd in 2 games and he's on new team....

guess staff is satisfied with progresss in camp and with ALL these injuries to key folk around nfl...

so stats are 14-18, 144 pass yards, TD this pre-season

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

NBC only has the Sunday Night Game. CBS has the AFC. Still, kind of funny - FOX feasted on Favre now CBS can milk 'em until he gets injured. CBS should get Dianna to do another one of those "My Brett..." voice overs that they can run on a continuous loop, like they did during the Monday Night Game v. Denver. That was soooo inspiring - it never got old, trite, boring, or insipid at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand

NBC only has the Sunday Night Game. CBS has the AFC. Still, kind of funny - FOX feasted on Favre now CBS can milk 'em until he gets injured. CBS should get Dianna to do another one of those "My Brett..." voice overs that they can run on a continuous loop, like they did during the Monday Night Game v. Denver. That was soooo inspiring - it never got old, trite, boring, or insipid at all.
    I guess my Woody translating skills are rusty. Even if he means CBS they are carrying 12 of 16 Jets games this year, Favre or no Favre. I really don't know why Woody wasted his time with that post, or why he is acting as if that is big news.

EDIT: By the way Woody it's "Nantz" not "Nance".

I really don't know why Woody wasted his time with that post,
    So people like you can feel good about themselves for finding something else to bitch about besides ripping on Favre?

Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    So people like you can feel good about themselves for finding something else to bitch about besides ripping on Favre?
    lol

the guys on nfl live agree with me that brett should be allowed to play b/c #4 admits he's not as comfortable with the DENSE playbook as one would like (ALL ABOUT CHEMISTRY too)...

im surprised b/c mangin could just allow the first team to play 1 quarter as a good tune up. whats this "agreement" with andy reid to not play starters all about? the JESTS should be the coache's main concern and they need to get off to a good start b/c they have pats and chargers week 2 and 3...

if they could upset one on those top guns and be 2-1 facing the cards and subsequent weaker teams....tampa here we come!

Brew Crew in 2011!!!

lol

the guys on nfl live agree with me that brett should be allowed to play b/c #4 admits he's not as comfortable with the DENSE playbook as one would like (ALL ABOUT CHEMISTRY too)...

im surprised b/c mangin could just allow the first team to play 1 quarter as a good tune up. whats this "agreement" with andy reid to not play starters all about? the JESTS should be the coache's main concern and they need to get off to a good start b/c they have pats and chargers week 2 and 3...

if they could upset one on those top guns and be 2-1 facing the cards and subsequent weaker teams....tampa here we come!
    Why is the playbook so dense? Don't they repeat the same 10 plays over and over?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

YOu are missing my point. The way Woody posted it, he is acting as if CBS(NBC, or whatever network he is talking about) is alterting their coverage becuase of Favre and that this is some big breaking news. It isn't. CBS's coverage oif the Jets is the same now as it was before Favre. On a side note, I checeked the Montreal Gazette, no article referring to this info.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar

I guess my Woody translating skills are rusty. Even if he means CBS they are carrying 12 of 16 Jets games this year, Favre or no Favre. I really don't know why Woody wasted his time with that post, or why he is acting as if that is big news.

I guess if we are being picky, It is Deanna, not Dianna. Get the womans name right.

And What makes you think Favre is going to get injured? madden Cover? I don't even think that curse is strong enough to tackle Favre, but all the doubters we will see won't we, we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz

I guess if we are being picky, It is Deanna, not Dianna. Get the womans name right.

And What makes you think Favre is going to get injured? madden Cover? I don't even think that curse is strong enough to tackle Favre, but all the doubters we will see won't we, we will see.
    Did Brett give you a reach around once or something? Its unnatural your manlove for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool

Did Brett give you a reach around once or something? Its unnatural your manlove for him.
    Why are you so crude?

I was being overly dramatic, and I think it is bush league to comment on someone's miss spelling a name. Woody has his faults having to point out spelling errors is petty in comparison. I realize CPK didn't commit the spelling error I referred to, but I was pointing out that it does happen to everyone, EVERYONE!!! AHHHHH

You wouldn't take a hand job from Brett Favre?

I think I googled Deanna's name as Dianna and got a ton of hits - my mistake. Anyway, I have the feeling he is going to get injured because of the off season (lack of) prep. It always seems to get the holdouts at a higher rate, but that's probably a skewed perception because they are under the microscope. Still, the law of averages are against Favre, but his way of playing the game is to his advantage. I certainly hope he DOESN'T get hurt. I love watching him play. Can't stand the fawning over Deanna - and gagged on that treacle they played TWICE on the Denver MNF game.

Why are you so crude?

I was being overly dramatic, and I think it is bush league to comment on someone's miss spelling a name. Woody has his faults having to point out spelling errors is petty in comparison. I realize CPK didn't commit the spelling error I referred to, but I was pointing out that it does happen to everyone, EVERYONE!!! AHHHHH

Spelling nazi's are a universal forum truism. They are unavoidable and best left ignored.

Would and did. He wasn't that great.

Why are you so crude?

Spelling nazi's are a universal forum truism. They are unavoidable and best left ignored.

Would and did. He wasn't that great.
    At least you have the memories.

I think I googled Deanna's name as Dianna and got a ton of hits - my mistake. Anyway, I have the feeling he is going to get injured because of the off season (lack of) prep. It always seems to get the holdouts at a higher rate, but that's probably a skewed perception because they are under the microscope. Still, the law of averages are against Favre, but his way of playing the game is to his advantage. I certainly hope he DOESN'T get hurt. I love watching him play. Can't stand the fawning over Deanna - and gagged on that treacle they played TWICE on the Denver MNF game.
    I liked the video clips an the poem, but I didn't care for it before the game, it was just way to over the top for me, I was thinking that if I was a Denver Bronco fan I would be pissed because all the attention was on Favre. I went back and watched it the day that retired and it meant a lot more then than before the game.

What I liked the best about it thought was Tony Kornheisers(spelling) lead up with the comparison to Jordan and Tiger. I thought that his piece was spot on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9nOzB4b62U

I was thinking that if I was a Denver Bronco fan I would be pissed because all the attention was on Favre.

What I liked the best about it thought was Tony Kornheisers(spelling) lead up with the comparison to Jordan and Tiger. I thought that his piece was spot on.
    Agree on both.

lol

Why is the playbook so dense? Don't they repeat the same 10 plays over and over?
    Haha, beat me to it. Brett still hasn't learned those 10 plays yet?
    Go PACK