Page 92 of 563 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead
    Quote Originally Posted by cpk1994
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler
    Holmgren brought Favre to Green Bay in 1992 and molded the former option quarterback at Southern Mississippi into a champion and a legend, before the coach left for Seattle prior to the 1999 season. .
    ..and all this time I thought it was Wolf who brought Favre to GB!

'xactly, I'll bet dollars to donuts Holmy went "A first round pick for who??"
    But that's the AP for you. They can pretty much write whatever they want and sleep well.
    And you would lose that bet. Holmgren knew exactrly who Favre was. Holmgren was one of only 3 that personally worked Favre out prior to Favre being drafted. One of the others? Ron Wolf.
    Mike Holmgren as Offensive Coordinator worked out Brett Favre? I'd like to see some doc on that.
    Besides, it's moot. Ron Wolf was the general manager and made the deal.
    Yes, its in Favres book "For the Record":

"Several NFL teams considered me a fairly high draft pick, but they wanted to see me up close, so I held a pre-dreaft workout in Hattiesburg. Abnout twenty scouts showed up. Ron Wolf. Lindy Infante. Ken Meyer. June Jones. Mike White. I thought it was real impressive that all these guys were coming down to work me out.
    It was the first time I met Mike Holmgren."

Brett goes on to point out that Mike was one of the only ones to sit and talk with him in the stands after the workout. Holmgren's quote from the book:

"We're pretty set there. But ffor future reference, if I ever need it, I wanted to work you out and see for myself."

Its pretty clear that Holmgren knew exactly who Favre was.

I don't doubt that Holmgren knew Favre, but since Holmgren himself had been hired less than a month before the Favre trade, was likely busy hiring a staff and moving at the time, and wasn't the GM or even a trusted confidant of the GM at the time (just the unproven, newly hired coach), I doubt Holmgren had much to do with the trade for Favre.

Besides, Wolf had wanted to draft Favre the year before anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    We've always heard about Favre's injuries. And the more he's played through, the more of a fuss is made about it which is fine. But if it's too hurt to play with and he plays anyway, that's just stupid. If he can't perform, he's only hurting the team.
    Most of his more serious injuries, if you sat back, you would say "he's too hurt to play", but then he plays anyways, and more often then not, plays well.

It may be hurting his team, or maybe it's not? On 4th and 2 with the game still winable, favre threw a beautiful pass to coles, who once again in a big moment, dropped the ball. It's not all on favre: At the crucial moments, even hurt, he is still making plays. The other guys gotta step up.

I mean, it's no coincidence that in this losing 3 of 4, or 4 of 5 as it were, that suddenlt yhe jets OL can't pass block, are not opening running lanes, and WR/TE's are dropping balls. Sure, favre hasn't had a great game in over a month, but the people around him sure as hell are not helping.

At least favre when he is out there is still trying to win. Everyone else keeps getting this look in there eyes that they are teh "same ol' jets". Come on guys, get over it.

Holmgren had a very big say in getting Favre into Green Bay, it has been stated many times.

Cmon Rats- lets get this official Favre thread over the 100 page mark!!!!----just another record for "The Man, The Myth, The Living Legend"
    Baah

I don't doubt that Holmgren knew Favre, but since Holmgren himself had been hired less than a month before the Favre trade, was likely busy hiring a staff and moving at the time, and wasn't the GM or even a trusted confidant of the GM at the time (just the unproven, newly hired coach), I doubt Holmgren had much to do with the trade for Favre.

Holmgren may have had nothing to do with it, but he sure as hell was aware it was going to go down. And he definitely wasn't going "A first rounder for who" as per your fantasy bet.

Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Holmgren had a very big say in getting Favre into Green Bay, it has been stated many times.

Cmon Rats- lets get this official Favre thread over the 100 page mark!!!!----just another record for "The Man, The Myth, The Living Legend"

That will leave you only 10,000 short of the times you've sniffed his jock.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Holmgren may have had nothing to do with it, but he sure as hell was aware it was going to go down. And he definitely wasn't going "A first rounder for who" as per your fantasy bet.
    My fantasy bet? What are you talking about? Must have me confused with someone else. I offered no bets about anything.

My fantasy bet? What are you talking about? Must have me confused with someone else. I offered no bets about anything.
    Sorry, thought I was still talking to sheepshead.

I can't imagine a game with more drama than Favre vrs. Pennington with the playoffs on the line. The whole country will be watching this game. I think Favre's season will be remembered largely by this performance.

I heard an analysis of the game on ESPN radio. The Jets have far more talent all the way around, but the Fins are clicking, Pennington is playing mistake-free football.

I won't be surprised at anything, the Jets may rise up and blow them out. Or Miami could win a close game.

? HOFer
    SI is talking about how the poor the Jets play has been lately and largely attributed it to Kris Jenkins completely running out of steam. What was a force early in the season has been more of a beached whale as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    I can't imagine a game with more drama than Favre vrs. Pennington with the playoffs on the line. The whole country will be watching this game. I think Favre's season will be remembered largely by this performance.

I heard an analysis of the game on ESPN radio. The Jets have far more talent all the way around, but the Fins are clicking, Pennington is playing mistake-free football.

I won't be surprised at anything, the Jets may rise up and blow them out. Or Miami could win a close game.
    Definitely has all the drama the TV folks want. I do want Favre to succeed here.

But the way that D is playing in NY, that could pose some issues. Jenkins has been tapering off the last couple of games. If he doesn't get back to mid-season form (like the Patriots game on NFLN) then the Miami ground game will run roughshot over them.

If it's a close game, a turnover could decide it. The Fins have only 12 TOs this season as a team. That type of play wins you the close games.

Fins 20
    Jets 17 in OT

No, I don't have the prognostication talent B has, but thought I'd throw it out there.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldean
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby

Definitely has all the drama the TV folks want. I do want Favre to succeed here.

But the way that D is playing in NY, that could pose some issues. Jenkins has been tapering off the last couple of games. If he doesn't get back to mid-season form (like the Patriots game on NFLN) then the Miami ground game will run roughshot over them.

If it's a close game, a turnover could decide it. The Fins have only 12 TOs this season as a team. That type of play wins you the close games.

Fins 20
    Jets 17 in OT

No, I don't have the prognostication talent B has, but thought I'd throw it out there.

I'm a natural; Pack in a landslide

Tex will come out touting Vanilla Bob as the greatest DC since Bob Slovik

and the Favre hating cult will glorify A Rodgers for months while taking jabs at the old timer while they do it
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Well, hopefully I'm not lumped in the Favre-hating crowd.....

If the Jets control the ball, they have the talent to win. They have underachieved vs. Denver, vs. Seattle and got a sheer unadulterated gift from Buffalo to give them a win.

I'm just saying Miami has not beaten itself since starting out 0-2.

And, no, I'm not taking jabs at Favre and glorifying ARod.

All my posts have stated ARod has room for improvement, but having nearly 4K yards with a bum shoulder is enough for me to at least applaud.

Favre led the Jets to their 8-3 mark when they beat the Patriots. But in the last 4 games, he has 1 TD and 6 INTs. Maybe it's due to the shoulder problems noted in the press. I'm not knocking him for it.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Blog Entries
    Well, hopefully I'm not lumped in the Favre-hating crowd.....

If the Jets control the ball, they have the talent to win. They have underachieved vs. Denver, vs. Seattle and got a sheer unadulterated gift from Buffalo to give them a win.

I'm just saying Miami has not beaten itself since starting out 0-2.

And, no, I'm not taking jabs at Favre and glorifying ARod.

All my posts have stated ARod has room for improvement, but having nearly 4K yards with a bum shoulder is enough for me to at least applaud.

Favre led the Jets to their 8-3 mark when they beat the Patriots. But in the last 4 games, he has 1 TD and 6 INTs. Maybe it's due to the shoulder problems noted in the press. I'm not knocking him for it.

FWIW you are definitely not in the Favre hating cult IMO
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    and the Favre hating cult will glorify A Rodgers for months while taking jabs at the old timer while they do it
    If Favre does well, then people will crow about how stupid Thompson was to trade him, claim that the Packers would be in the playoffs if they had kept the Legend, etc. You already hear that dopey talk now.

As things have played-out so far, Thompson's move looks pretty good. I wish I could root for Favre without having to think about the unpleasant blow back.

That's good, because I was planning on changing my screen name to Justin Harrell II tomorrow.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

That's good, because I was planning on changing my screen name to Justin Harrell II tomorrow.
    Sorry, I already called dibs.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Wind gust surpassing 50 mph....tough conditions.

NE 3
    Buffalo 0

Wow, the goalpost was crooked due to the winds.

FG no good

Another pick for Favre... maybe his last game...

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33
    Another pick for Favre... maybe his last game...
    damn you, I'm recording the game, now you've taken some of the excitement out of it for me.