Page 94 of 563 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 194 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

All but official - a 3rd rd pick.

Wonder what Favre says in his postgame. I'd love to see him say goodbye, I'm done, no waffling, thanks for the memories and adios - today.

With the Jets missing the playoffs after starting 8-3, does Brett wonder if he should've just stayed retired? Was another season really worth anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33
    All but official - a 3rd rd pick.

Wonder what Favre says in his postgame. I'd love to see him say goodbye, I'm done, no waffling, thanks for the memories and adios - today.

With the Jets missing the playoffs after starting 8-3, does Brett wonder if he should've just stayed retired? Was another season really worth anything?

About 4 million dollars or whatever he got. That ain't nothing to sneeze at.

Blog Entries
    What in the heck was Favre doing there ?

Well, if the Jets lose our 3rd round pick should be a couple picks earlier
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    What in the heck was Favre doing there ?

Well, if the Jets lose our 3rd round pick should be a couple picks earlier

He thought his receiver could read his mind I think.

During the offseason, I expressed the thought that Chad Pennington would be a great pickup to back up Rodgers. I remembered how he completely took the Packers to school a few years ago in a late-season game. Smart qb.
    All I heard was 'rag arm', 'washed up', 'broken down', etc.
    Oh, well.
    Hmmmm..I wonder if the Jets are now greatly regreting their quarterback choice. And I wonder how the Jet fans are feeling right about now to see Pennington returning to beat them.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow
    During the offseason, I expressed the thought that Chad Pennington would be a great pickup to back up Rodgers. I remembered how he completely took the Packers to school a few years ago in a late-season game. Smart qb.
    All I heard was 'rag arm', 'washed up', 'broken down', etc.
    Oh, well.
    Hmmmm..I wonder if the Jets are now greatly regreting their quarterback choice. And I wonder how the Jet fans are feeling right about now to see Pennington returning to beat them.

I remember that; you get kudos as you were clearly on the nose on that one

Washington just lost

Looks like we have the #9 pick in the draft
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

bad game

Well, maybe Favre won't have to end the season throwing the ball to someone on the other team.

He's going to get the ball back with 99 yards to go and 17 seconds. He could throw the ball to somebody on his own team. Unless they put Clemens in.
    </delurk>

Favre is on the bench....he sits out the last play I guess.

oops, scratch that!

Ha!

Pass to Washington and he laterals to Favre....

Yea, like he's gonna run it 80 yards for a TD.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak
    Ha!

Thats why he threw an illegal forward pass.

Quote Originally Posted by cpk1994
    Ha!

I'm sure he was like "What the fuck am I supposed to do with it!"

Ha!

Probably should have thought of that before he wnet to catch the lateral.

Ha!

Probably should have thought of that before he wnet to catch the lateral.

Being a lateral and all you sorta have too.

Well, regardless of how Bret Favre's season with the Jets ended, you have to give him props for the fact he still wanted to play football...and with his team not wanting him back, heading to the AFC and a completely new system and getting as far as they did. He's a warrior. I just wish whatever team he was playing for could have gone out a winner. I would be surprised if he returns, but you never know.

Just saw on ESPN that Favre told Foxsports that he has NOT enjoyed playing for Mangini this season...said that mangini called him out and embarassed him alot in front of his teammates for bad throws. Looks like Favre's done in NY unless Mangini is done in NY first.

Quote Originally Posted by Brando19
    Just saw on ESPN that Favre told Foxsports that he has NOT enjoyed playing for Mangini this season...said that mangini called him out and embarassed him alot in front of his teammates for bad throws. Looks like Favre's done in NY unless Mangini is done in NY first.

WOW, he outright said that!

Blog Entries

I'd be surprised at this; coaches call out players all the time. If Mangini criticized Favre in front of teammates..........well.........tough shit. If he made those comments they are in poor taste IMO

I'd be surprised at this; coaches call out players all the time. If Mangini criticized Favre in front of teammates..........well.........tough shit. If he made those comments they are in poor taste IMO

Would anyone be surprised to see Favre released this offseason, if he decides to come back? I believe he would have to take a major pay cut to remain with the Jets. He may be able to pick a team of his choice to finish out his career, if he decides to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by chain_gang

Would anyone be surprised to see Favre released this offseason, if he decides to come back? I believe he would have to take a major pay cut to remain with the Jets. He may be able to pick a team of his choice to finish out his career, if he decides to come back.
    A very likely scenario.