Page 95 of 563 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 195 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Well, he's not retiring today... said maybe a week or so after he gets home.

Looks like he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Brando19
    Just saw on ESPN that Favre told Foxsports that he has NOT enjoyed playing for Mangini this season...said that mangini called him out and embarassed him alot in front of his teammates for bad throws. Looks like Favre's done in NY unless Mangini is done in NY first.

I just watched his press conference on the NFL postgame show on NFL Network and he said nothing of the sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak
    Just saw on ESPN that Favre told Foxsports that he has NOT enjoyed playing for Mangini this season...said that mangini called him out and embarassed him alot in front of his teammates for bad throws. Looks like Favre's done in NY unless Mangini is done in NY first.

I just watched his press conference on the NFL postgame show on NFL Network and he said nothing of the sort.
    Watching NFLNetwork now, said that he respects the coaches work ethic and has nothing but good things to say. Doesn't regret coming back - looks downtrodden overall.

Never said he talked about it at the PC...I said I saw it on ESPN. It was scrolling on the bottom of the screen. Perhaps he talked about it before the game? If i can find something online, I'll post the link.

I bet that's ESPN being ESPN.

Blog Entries
    Favre looks mentally defeated; kind of like me as a Packers fan right now

The draft will rejuvenate me as will the correct coaching moves........... maybe free agency but I'm usually disappointed there so my hopes are not high

Kind of sad; he's having the class to say all of the right things but he look incredibly demoralized
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Whether or not Favre said those things about Mangini, didn't Bart Starr ask Vince Lombardi if he couldn't call him out in front of his teamates? Starr told Lombardi he could rip on him in private all he wanted but he needed to be a leader for his teamates and have them have confidence in him. So, I disagree with Mangini if he was calling out Favre in front of his teamates, and I also disagree with Favre for coming out with it too, but not for him not wanting Mangini to do so.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Holmgren called out Favre plenty of times on the sidelines. Amazing what happens when a coach won't stand for any player's poor performance.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

I think he's really hurt.....why the coaching staff keeps trotting him out injured is beyond me. Must be that record.
    Huh? He was making long throws fine right through the end of the game.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...g-for-mangini/

Apart from a nagging shoulder injury that has gotten worse over the past few weeks, a major factor that will influence whether quarterback Brett Favre will return to the Jets in 2009 is whether and to what extent he’s happy.

Per FOX’s Jay Glazer, Favre isn’t happy playing for coach Eric Mangini.

The problem? In Green Bay, Favre had his own set of rules. In New York, Favre is treated like everyone else.

He regularly is called to the “principal’s office” to answer questions about the basis for Favre’s in-game decisions. Also, Mangini has called Favre out in front of the team.

So if Favre plays next year, it apparently won’t be for the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow
    During the offseason, I expressed the thought that Chad Pennington would be a great pickup to back up Rodgers. I remembered how he completely took the Packers to school a few years ago in a late-season game. Smart qb.
    All I heard was 'rag arm', 'washed up', 'broken down', etc.

OK, you get points for predicting Pennington's return to health and effectiveness. But Pennington didn't come available until the Favre trade, and he wasn't a fit for the Packers. He's a starter, no motivation for him ot come to GB as a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow
    I wonder if the Jets are now greatly regreting their quarterback choice. And I wonder how the Jet fans are feeling right about now to see Pennington returning to beat them.
    I suppose they would have better off with Pennington. But that picture looked different just 5 weeks ago. I think the Jets made a good decision, it revived fan interest in their team.

Yeah, I doubted it too, thought it sounded pretty weird.

If there was 'bad blood'......why would Mangini name his son after Brett?

I think this will ultimately be the deciding factor.

Favre says MRI will affect decision to play next season
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3796825

Time to call it a career Brett.

Go relax and enjoy life.

All sides need some healing and time will do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    Yeah, I doubted it too, thought it sounded pretty weird.

If there was 'bad blood'......why would Mangini name his son after Brett?
    I have no idea if Favre said that or not, but as to Mangini naming his son after Brett, that came early in the season, when things were going well for Favre and the team. I suspect things have been a bit more contentious the last month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx
    Time to call it a career Brett.

Go relax and enjoy life.

All sides need some healing and time will do just that.
    Couldn't agree more. A bright note.......Romo had a more horrible game.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/28/report-favre-doesnt-like-playing-for-mangini/

Apart from a nagging shoulder injury that has gotten worse over the past few weeks, a major factor that will influence whether quarterback Brett Favre will return to the Jets in 2009 is whether and to what extent he’s happy.

Per FOX’s Jay Glazer, Favre isn’t happy playing for coach Eric Mangini.

The problem? In Green Bay, Favre had his own set of rules. In New York, Favre is treated like everyone else.

He regularly is called to the “principal’s office” to answer questions about the basis for Favre’s in-game decisions. Also, Mangini has called Favre out in front of the team.

So if Favre plays next year, it apparently won’t be for the Jets.
    I don't buy this story. McCarthy did not just let Favre do whatever he felt like, and from what I've heard/read/seen, The two had a good working relationship. He was not treated as a deity (at least not by M3) and I can't imagine that he was mortified any more under Mangini than he was by Holmgren. M3 has said Favre is a very coachable quarterback, so this story just doesn't seem to make sense. The nice part is that it's not our problem.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33
    I bet that's ESPN being ESPN.
    Fucking ESPN. This is how shit got started last summer. When will this network ever learn?

agreed about ESPN.

I'm not believing anything until I see it on Gretta Van Sustern.

If Favre retires...the Jets get our 7th rounder.