Page 97 of 563 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 197 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Blog Entries
    Brett finished the year with a certain symmetry.

22TD's 22 picks.

The whole year went in a circle.

They reached the top of the mountain and fell into the canyon together.

Ouch, things were going so well at the beginning of the season for Brett. I figured a 2nd was a shoo-in. And to think 6 of those TD's were in one game

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    seriously, do you think he'd want to retire as a Packer at this point ?
    why not? he has no substantial beef with the Packers, the Packers just made good business decisions that resulted in some hurt feelings. In some of Favre's press conferences with the JEts, it sounded like he was getting over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler
    Mangini's two older sons are named after Rodney Harrison and Bill Belichik
    oh my god. Rodney Harrison is the dirtiest player in the modern football era. And Bellichek? Mangini must be raising a little mafia family.

Favre continued a trend that we had seen in GB for a few years. He starts seasons strong, looking like the Favre of old. He has often lead the league or has been near the lead in TDs for the first half of the season. The same happened this season. But, he has finished very poorly, and did again this season. If you look at the last 5 games each season from '05, '06, '07 and '08, in 20 games Favre has thrown just 13 TDs and an astounding 34 interceptions. While 2005 and 2008 were particularly bad for him, 2006 was only somewhat better, and even in 2007 he had more interceptions than TDs the last 5 games. It is clear that age prevents him from finishing a season in the same manner he starts one. He wears down physically, mentally or both.

Last 5 games of the season:
    Year - TDs/Ints
    2005 - 1/10
    2006 - 4/8
    2007 - 6/7
    2008 - 2/9

Favre continued a trend that we had seen in GB for a few years. He starts seasons strong, looking like the Favre of old. He has often lead the league or has been near the lead in TDs for the first half of the season. The same happened this season. But, he has finished very poorly, and did again this season. If you look at the last 5 games each season from '05, '06, '07 and '08, in 20 games Favre has thrown just 13 TDs and an astounding 34 interceptions. While 2005 and 2008 were particularly bad for him, 2006 was only somewhat better, and even in 2007 he had more interceptions than TDs the last 5 games. It is clear that age prevents him from finishing a season in the same manner he starts one. He wears down physically, mentally or both.

Year - TDs/Ints
    2005 - 1/10
    2006 - 4/8
    2007 - 6/7
    2008 - 2/9
    That is a horrible trend! I'm sure MM and TT knew this, and the loyal Favre fans were blind to it.

There's no denying that Favre spiraled downward. But last I checked, he didn't play both sides of the ball. In GB or NY.

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    Last I checked, he didn't play both sides of the ball.
    Oh, but I beg to differ. Just not in the football sense.

And another thing.......how come Jay Glazer waited until yesterday to 'break' his story about the discord between Favre and Mangini? I haven't read everything, but have players or coaches backed this up?
    Glazer is a naysayer. He sure was silent when the Jets were winning and others were reporting on the comradery between Favre and his teammates.

As I recall, Favre had a sore shoulder to start the season. I believe there is something wrong with is arm, but I think the main thing the MRI will turn-up today is that he has the body of a 39-year-old man. I can't think of too many QBs who were able to play a whole season at that age, just the wear and tear of making so many throws. Most old guys are backups.

I was going to say you never see pitchers in baseball over 38 (other than knuckle-ballers), but I guess Randy Johnson is still hurling.

Year - TDs/Ints
    2005 - 1/10
    2006 - 4/8
    2007 - 6/7
    2008 - 2/9
    Yeah, but those numbers get skewed. Favre wasn't playing bad at the end of last season, but he did have a horrible game against dallas and chicago, and bam... there are 85% of the ints. He played AMAZING against seattle, then average (not horrible) against the Giants.

2005 - he had a bad year all around. Didn't even start hot. Was pressing all year - lots of injuries etc. 2006 was an entire new staff, and it wasn't a horrible ending. I think 2 games atribute dmost the ints.

It's not a trend per say: The trend is that when the weather gets below 20 degrees: Favre just can't play well in it anymore. He can still play average (like against the giants), but that menas other areas of the team have to win the game.

Those 2007 stats would not include the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

What amazes me, I guess, is that now that the season is over and the dust has settled, some people - like Jason Whitlock - are still saying the Pack made a mistake in not keeping Favre.

I can't see that reasoning, not at all. Favre played on what was supposedly a more talented team, yet had, statistically, a much lousier season than Aaron Rodgers, who had a darn good season.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
    What amazes me, I guess, is that now that the season is over and the dust has settled, some people - like Jason Whitlock - are still saying the Pack made a mistake in not keeping Favre.

I can't see that reasoning, not at all. Favre played on what was supposedly a more talented team, yet had, statistically, a much lousier season than Aaron Rodgers, who had a darn good season.

I agree, they clearly made the right move now that it's played itself out. Favre is on his last leg and getting started on the next era (in hindsight) does make perfect sense.

There's no denying that Favre spiraled downward. But last I checked, he didn't play both sides of the ball. In GB or NY.
    Haha. Someone criticizes Favre's bad QB play in the end of the last 4 or 5 seasons and you bring up the defense. That's priceless. What the hell are you talking about and what does the defense have to do with his interceptions?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell
    Haha. Someone criticizes Favre's bad QB play in the end of the last 4 or 5 seasons and you bring up the defense. That's priceless. What the hell are you talking about and what does the defense have to do with his interceptions?
    You're right JH.........he owns the interceptions. But in the case of the Jets, it really was a team effort in their loses.......from the poor coaching to special teams.

Brett's play was bad. Nobody is talking about wins and losses here. We're talking about one player that did a bad job. The Jets defense playing bad has nothing to do with Brett's picks. He throws them when he's up. He throws them when he's down. He throws them when the game is just starting. He throws them when it's ending. He's just bad from start to finish. No excuse.

Blog Entries
    As depressing as it is to say, I'll say it. Favre was terrible the last four games.

He was tremendous in the Tennessee game. They were 8-3. After that he melted down. I'm not sure when he hurt his shoulder but my guess is that was a major factor.

He has some terrible games against bad teams; if he is even average the Jets make the playoffs.

I still think he was hurt; only Favre knows. If he was healthy he should turn in his cleats and apologize to the Jets coaches who are unemployed.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Favre is definitly a coach/GM killer. There is a strange tendency to blame all of Bretts shortcomings on everyone else. Even in his departure, the GB staff got drug through the "brett can do no wrong" mud.

He's not very good right now, hasn't been consistently at the end of seasons for some time. Won't ever be.

Year - TDs/Ints
    2005 - 1/10
    2006 - 4/8
    2007 - 6/7
    2008 - 2/9
    I (and probably you and others) had mentioned this during the offseason. I think it's a big reason why the Packers got rid of Favre. They no longer felt confident in his ability to win big games late in the year (especially in cold weather). I think everything else is window dressing. That's the primary reason Brett Favre played for the Jets this year.