Page 99 of 563 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 199 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Hey, now the New Yorkers will know what it's like to go through that soap opera!
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

? HOFer
    If he has a torn bicep, his bad performance the past several weeks should be forgiven. What a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    If he has a torn bicep, his bad performance the past several weeks should be forgiven. What a man.
    If he had a torn biceps and realized how much he was struggling and hurting the team, he shouldn't have tried to tough it out. What an idiot.
    Go PACK

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641
    If he had a torn biceps and realized how much he was struggling and hurting the team, he shouldn't have tried to tough it out. What an idiot.
    A. He probably didn't know
    B. What is the other option? Go with some inexperienced chump and have your team lose games anyway?!? I don't think so..

Days of our Favre continues...

I really wish Jets would've given a timetable (say, within 2 weeks of the new coach being hired we need an answer).

he should have benched himself and put the team in front of his consecutive games played streak.
    Pass Jessica's Law and keep the predators behind bars for 25 years minimum. Vote out liberal, SP judges. Enforce all immigrant laws!

One more thing, I always love how when he chokes in big games as normal, he quickly runs off the field into the lockerrom, never congratulating the opposing teams players or coaches.
    Pass Jessica's Law and keep the predators behind bars for 25 years minimum. Vote out liberal, SP judges. Enforce all immigrant laws!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/

How come when you look at the NFL Team Pages the Green Bay news is about Favre?????

Quote Originally Posted by b bulldog
    One more thing, I always love how when he chokes in big games as normal, he quickly runs off the field into the lockerrom, never congratulating the opposing teams players or coaches.
    Be fair here, Bulldog, I watched all the Jets games this season, the last game was the only one that he ran off the field before talking to the other QB or coaches. Having said that.......it was still a pretty crappy thing to do.

I don't buy it. His arm strength looked diminished all year. There were complaints about his arm strength going back to early in the year. Maybe it's because he didn't put the offseason work in. I don't know. He probably hurt his arm on his attempted tackle on the interception return for a TD in this last game, but now has a convenient excuse to come back. BTW, I've never used Rodgers shoulder injury in the Tampa Bay game as an excuse for any of his poor performances--except maybe in that particular game. If a guy suits it up on Sunday, it's hard to use injuries as an excuse. (I will say that the year Brett played with a split on his hand was a legit excuse. That had to be tough.)

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    I don't buy it. His arm strength looked diminished all year. There were complaints about his arm strength going back to early in the year. Maybe it's because he didn't put the offseason work in. I don't know. He probably hurt his arm on his attempted tackle on the interception return for a TD in this last game, but now has a convenient excuse to come back. BTW, I've never used Rodgers shoulder injury in the Tampa Bay game as an excuse for any of his poor performances--except maybe in that particular game. If a guy suits it up on Sunday, it's hard to use injuries as an excuse. (I will say that the year Brett played with a split on his hand was a legit excuse. That had to be tough.)
    Hmmm, you might be on to something here. Do you think Partial will back off of his "Rodgers can't get it done in crunch time" position if I blame it all on his shoulder injury?
    Go PACK

Doesn't matter if there was a shoulder injury. As mentioned before........use your damn head.........sit when you're hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641
    A. He probably didn't know
    B. What is the other option? Go with some inexperienced chump and have your team lose games anyway?!? I don't think so..
    TOOL

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
    What amazes me, I guess, is that now that the season is over and the dust has settled, some people - like Jason Whitlock - are still saying the Pack made a mistake in not keeping Favre.

I can't see that reasoning, not at all. Favre played on what was supposedly a more talented team, yet had, statistically, a much lousier season than Aaron Rodgers, who had a darn good season.
    More talented? Our team was extremely talented. I don't buy that for a second.

The four year look is eye opening to be sure, but I'm not sure how much I buy it. This year he is obviously hurt. 2005 was bad all around. the 2007 could show a bad trend, but he played lights out against Seattle so that sort of bucks that.

2006, the 8-8 year seems like an anomaly.
    Faneca, Jenkins, Woody. The Jets did what so many posters here bitch about TT not doing - bring in the free agents! Spend! Ted won't do what it takes!

So the Jets spent, spent, spent. They got the big names.

And they got the QB so many people wanted to have here in GB again.

And they collapsed. They now have an old, cap-heavy team with a fired coach. I think the Packers' future is brighter now than the Jets'. The Jets went for it all in one year. They mortgaged the future for a shot, and they didn't even make the playoffs.

What amazes me, I guess, is that now that the season is over and the dust has settled, some people - like Jason Whitlock - are still saying the Pack made a mistake in not keeping Favre.

I can't see that reasoning, not at all. Favre played on what was supposedly a more talented team, yet had, statistically, a much lousier season than Aaron Rodgers, who had a darn good season.

The four year look is eye opening to be sure, but I'm not sure how much I buy it. This year he is obviously hurt. 2005 was bad all around. the 2007 could show a bad trend, but he played lights out against Seattle so that sort of bucks that.

Faneca, Jenkins, Woody. The Jets did what so many posters here bitch about TT not doing - bring in the free agents! Spend! Ted won't do what it takes!

And they collapsed. They now have an old, cap-heavy team with a fired coach. I think the Packers' future is brighter now than the Jets'. The Jets went for it all in one year. They mortgaged the future for a shot, and they didn't even make the playoffs.
    How were all those deals structured? Favre cost a #3, not really a mortgage. What is their cap space? Will there even be a cap in two years? They improved by 5 wins. You guys likely could have predicted the late slide after watching Favre wane as the season went on before. I don't see a problem with signing guys to bolster both lines when you suck and sit at 4 wins like they did.

Ted will turn that #3 into 6 7th rounders!

Just wait and see!

I thought the Jets did OK this year. Really, I'm not sure that I'd have gotten rid of Mangini, next year they might have had a better shot. If he could've got Favre into camp and they can develop a better running attack with both Jones and Washington.

They could really use a good slot receiver, and let their TE develop a little more...

I just don't think they did that poorly this year.

I don't think the Jets mortgaged the future for a one year shot, they will be better next year and with a good capologist should have no problem keeping competitive. There are many ways to the top of the mountain.
    Baah

Blog Entries

Favre aside, the Jets improved at several positions and improved by five wins. Faneca..........love to have him in GB........Woody........I'd take him.......Jenkins........I'd take him.

How much better do you think the Packers would have done with those three players ?

Their best FA is young enough to have several more solid years. They gave up a late 3rd round pick for Favre. I don't agree they mortgaged their future.

They gave it a shot, and their improvement was obvious.

None of those guys are busts and I doubt they regret any of the signings.

They may regret the Favre deal........but it cost them a late 3rd round pick so I don't think they lost much.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

They don't sound like they regret him being there.....

"People look for excuses right now," Leon Washington said. "And I'm sure Brett would be the one who wouldn't make excuses for himself. He's not that type of player. Even though Brett was hurt late, I feel like we still had opportunities to go out and win football games. That's the bottom line. We didn't take advantage of our opportunities."

"Did he make us better? Definitely," said guard Alan Faneca. "He came in and changed our offense and made us do some things that we weren't able to do. I think he did a lot of positive things."

That was a sentiment echoed by Mangini during his disappointed postgame remarks.

"Brett's a Hall of Fame player," the coach said. "He's got great energy. He's a great professional. He brought all of those things to the team. I think a lot of people learned things from him. I think we're a better team for him being here. I appreciate the relationship we had and the one he had with the team."
    http://www.newyorkjets.com/blog/post...t-ready-to-say

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky

Favre aside, the Jets improved at several positions and improved by five wins. Faneca..........love to have him in GB........Woody........I'd take him.......Jenkins........I'd take him.

How much better do you think the Packers would have done with those three players ?

Their best FA is young enough to have several more solid years. They gave up a late 3rd round pick for Favre. I don't agree they mortgaged their future.

They gave it a shot, and their improvement was obvious.

None of those guys are busts and I doubt they regret any of the signings.

They may regret the Favre deal........but it cost them a late 3rd round pick so I don't think they lost much.

oops
    Baah