It appears that my attempt to Flip that House has been rebuffed

Before we made our first offer my wife and I decided 87G was the top $$ we'd pay. As I had noted there was an accepted offer on the home well above that a few weeks ago. We figured we had to put in 10G at most to make this a very nice home to sell, and factored in the chance that we might either have to make payment for six to nine months if it did not sell.

We wanted to have no more than 100G into it before the payments started and figured after all the work was done 8 weeks from now we'd list the home at 128,000 with expected sale between 120-125G. At worst case if we had to rent our total payment would have been less than 700 with taxes and we could have easily rented it for 8-850 range with the location.

Home was listed at 92,900.

Our first offer was 84G
Got a counter at 89,900
We countered right down the middle at 86,500

I was pretty confident that offer was going to get accepted the following day

But then a snake in the grass entered at the last minute and kicked my ass on the bid. I don't know what the exact price was (I will in a few weeks) but from the sounds of it they are going to occupy it and their bid was well above ours.

Unless their financing falls apart, they get the home.

Kind of bummed; would not do anything different but at same time I'm not sure I learned much or would do any more due diligence than what I did.