View Poll Results: who does McCain pick?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mitt Romney

9 29.03%
  • Joe Lieberman

1 3.23%
  • Tom Ridge

1 3.23%
  • Tim Pawlenty

5 16.13%
  • Surprise Candidate

15 48.39%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: VP raffle, GOP edition

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Palin for VP

As soon as McCain ran that add with the woman bashing the dems for not picking a woman I figured his running mate was going to be a woman.

Now my liberal feminist wife will be voting for McCain and I can talk all the shit I want about Obama.

They need to put McCain on the bench and only have Sarah at the podium. She could teach him a thing or two about how to give a speech.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

HALLELUJAH!

And she can speak good too!

McCain hit a home run with this choice!

She is kinda hot. I love powerful women.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Nobody in Washington knew who Palin was until today. I think they're going to get to know her real, real well over the next two months!!!!!
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    This must get you all moist.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi
    A Surprise Candidate: Sarah Palin

http://palinforvp.blogspot.com/
    Not a chance in hell. Palin is already circling the drain up here.
    Pardon my interuption of the jerk fest...

I would say this is a pretty desperate move on Mac's part....but some would say a very astute move on his part. He needs the "Palin Smile" and her youth. I'm proud that an Alaskan is in the position she is in and do agree with her on a few issues here in AK and will give her credit for opening up the business of the State when most of the past Governors always made the deals behind closed doors....but she is under investigation here for firing the head of State law enforcement over what looks to be issues with her sisters ex....a State Trooper (granted the guy is a complete loser and the only reason he still has his job is of the power of the union). She seems to be fairly well insulated and the tapes they have of her aides working officials for this guy to be fired implicate them more than her....but State investigators are holding some evidence back for now. She was incredibly vague in the debates that led up to her being selected Governor so it will be interesting to say the least how she does against Biden......and she is the former mayor of Wasilla! That alone should get her excluded for consideration.

Some good friends that are stout republicans here in the State have told me they will not vote for Mac now because there is no way in hell they would want to see her as President. Lets see....Mayor of a town of 10,000 or so....Gov for a couple of years.....hell, why not? You voted Dubya into office.
    One question for you Circle J's....do you like the Dick as VP?
    C.H.U.D.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    This must get you all moist.

Only if they hug him.

She's a woman and has a dick? I think that's a question for Skin.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

Some good friends that are stout republicans here in the State have told me they will not vote for Mac now because there is no way in hell they would want to see here as President.

You're faster than quinnipiac in polling...

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark
    She's a woman and has a dick? I think that's a question for Skin.
    I'm pretty sure she aint packin!
    C.H.U.D.

A Surprise Candidate: Sarah Palin

http://palinforvp.blogspot.com/
    Not a chance in hell. Palin is already circling the drain up here.
    Pardon my interuption of the jerk fest...

I would say this is a pretty desperate move on Mac's part....but some would say a very astute move on his part. He needs the "Palin Smile" and her youth. I'm proud that an Alaskan is in the position she is in and do agree with her on a few issues here in AK and will give her credit for opening up the business of the State when most of the past Governors always made the deals behind closed doors....but she is under investigation here for firing the head of State law enforcement over what looks to be issues with her sisters ex....a State Trooper (granted the guy is a complete loser and the only reason he still has his job is of the power of the union). She seems to be fairly well insulated and the tapes they have of her aides working officials for this guy to be fired implicate them more than her....but State investigators are holding some evidence back for now. She was incredibly vague in the debates that led up to her being selected Governor so it will be interesting to say the least how she does against Biden......and she is the former mayor of Wasilla! That alone should get her excluded for consideration.

Some good friends that are stout republicans here in the State have told me they will not vote for Mac now because there is no way in hell they would want to see here as President. Lets see....Mayor of a town of 10,000 or so....Gov for a couple of years.....hell, why not? You voted Dubya into office.
    Wasn't it Buckley who said we'd be better off being governed by the first 500 names in the phone book than by the professional jerks in Washington now?

Nothing you said makes a difference to me. A shakeup is what was needed in AK and it's exactly what's needed in Washington.

Let the chips fall where they may.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Palin = Geraldine Ferraro II??

The VP debate is going to be interesting.....

Nothing you said makes a difference to me. A shakeup is what was needed in AK and it's exactly what's needed in Washington.

I don't care one way or another how you vote Taxi. I want a shakeup in DC as much as you but it' a whole different ballgame in DC than it is in Juneau.
    C.H.U.D.

By the way Taxi....I agree with the phone book statement....but we need more than just A's.
    C.H.U.D.

I don't care one way or another how you vote Taxi. I want a shakeup in DC as much as you but it' a whole different ballgame in DC than it is in Juneau.
    All I can say is: "PLAY BALL!"

Mayor of a town of 10,000 or so
    The first official resoponse out of the Obama campaign was to CRITICIZE her for having been a mayor of a small town! Could they be any more tone deaf? They might as well claim that she speaks for bitter gun owners who cling to religion.

Having seen a town of 10,000 people up close, I would say being a mayor of such a place is plenty difficult, and I value that executive experience more than 10,000 years in the Illinois State Legislature, where all one has to do is vote for bills, avoiding votes that carry political baggage. You know, like Obama did.

For the first time, I think McCain has a shot. The Dems picked the best VP available, and I think the Republicans have done just as well or better with Palin.

A woman with SOLID, small town, union, normal-person credentials = Home run!

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Mayor of a town of 10,000 or so
    The first official resoponse out of the Obama campaign was to CRITICIZE her for having been a mayor of a small town! Could they be any more tone deaf? They might as well claim that she speaks for bitter gun owners who cling to religion.

Having seen a town of 10,000 people up close, I would say being a mayor of such a place is plenty difficult, and I value that executive experience more than 10,000 years in the Illinois State Legislature, where all one has to do is vote for bills, avoiding votes that carry political baggage. You know, like Obama did.

For the first time, I think McCain has a shot. The Dems picked the best VP available, and I think the Republicans have done just as well or better with Palin.

A woman with SOLID, small town, union, normal-person credentials = Home run!

It looks good on paper.
    C.H.U.D.

By the way Taxi....I agree with the phone book statement....but we need more than just A's.
    Agreed. Isn't that the way they selected members of the Student Government in high school? It worked then. All these kids said the same BS as the grownups in Washington now. The difference is that in high school nobody paid any attention to them.