Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: DNC

DNC

The overhyped media event deserves its own thread.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

I hate conventions. I'm in blackout mode all week.

Re: DNC

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    The overhyped media event deserves its own thread.

Overhyped? Nothing is overhyped at all. You can't overhype getting an opportunity to watch our future savior live....

Whatever your opinion is of Ted (and I know we have some extreme haters in here) it was great to see him out there.

Whatever your opinion is of Ted (and I know we have some extreme haters in here) it was great to see him out there.
    Nobody wants to see anyone dead. Well, except for Tex...

I despise Ted Kennedy, but I don't want to see him die. Retiring would be nice, but dead? No.

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy

I despise Ted Kennedy, but I don't want to see him die. Retiring would be nice, but dead? No.
    I liked his boat.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark

I liked his boat.
    That's part your boat, and mine too. Didn't he name it "The Taxpayer"?

That's part your boat, and mine too. Didn't he name it "The Taxpayer"?
    Nice.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    I hate conventions. I'm in blackout mode all week.
    Truer words were never written.

Kennedy? I thought he meant Ted Thompson.

What the hell is wrong with telling it like it is, wishing enemies--those assholes, foreign and domestic, who are doing harm to the country--to be dead? Are we that fucking politically correct these days that we can't express true feelings?

As for their stupid convention, trotting out Ted--that rhymes with dead--Kennedy is not gonna stir up the sympathy and support they think. There is massive residual hate in this country for Kennedy, and it's well justified.

The Dems also have the minor misfortune of having their big show right after the Olympics when a lot of people are gonna be worn out with big spectacular events. It's a little bit ironic that the pro-Communist political party is gonna look small time compared to the Chicoms and THEIR big show.

Good speech by Michelle. I thought the thing with Sacha was cheesy (I'm assuming it was staged) and I didn't really care for that. Saw a few tears in the audience, hopefully this speech brings back some of the Hillary-McCain traitors.

I agree that tonight was soft, though. The Dems can't have another DNC like Boston was in 2004. Hopefully they'll step it up over the next 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman

Kennedy? I thought he meant Ted Thompson.
    You mean I wasn't the only one...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker
    What the hell is wrong with telling it like it is, wishing enemies--those assholes, foreign and domestic, who are doing harm to the country--to be dead? Are we that fucking politically correct these days that we can't express true feelings?

As for their stupid convention, trotting out Ted--that rhymes with dead--Kennedy is not gonna stir up the sympathy and support they think. There is massive residual hate in this country for Kennedy, and it's well justified.

The Dems also have the minor misfortune of having their big show right after the Olympics when a lot of people are gonna be worn out with big spectacular events. It's a little bit ironic that the pro-Communist political party is gonna look small time compared to the Chicoms and THEIR big show.
    There are reports that the Denver police have foiled a possible assassination attempt on Obama. http://www.denverpost.com/nationworld/ci_10301333

I hate to bring you the bad news. I suppose in your mind the police who made the arrest must hate America.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman

There are reports that the Denver police have foiled a possible assassination attempt on Obama. http://www.denverpost.com/nationworld/ci_10301333

I hate to bring you the bad news. I suppose in your mind the police who made the arrest must hate America.
    Tex is still posting so they haven't caught him yet.
    C.H.U.D.

Robert Novak has a similar condition to kennedy, they are both on borrowed time. I don't want ted to die now, he is basicallly done doing damage, I just wish he had retired before he started tinkering with the medical system.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Tell me the damned libs wouldn't dance on the grave of Rush or any good pro-American conservative--especially one who dies while still actively doing good--for our side/harm--for their side.

This namby pamby political correctness shit causing people to whine about others expressing it when they don't have the balls to is kinda ridiculous.

I didn't read the article, but the headline on Yahoo says the guy who was after Obama was not a "credible threat". Right now, no "credible threat" is needed, as he ain't gonna get elected. If, however, the media manages to somehow get him in, then, very likely, somebody will get him. It wouldn't be me. I'm peaceful . I'll be cheering for the perp, though.

Tell me the damned libs wouldn't dance on the grave of Rush or any good pro-American conservative--especially one who dies while still actively doing good--for our side/harm--for their side.

This namby pamby political correctness shit causing people to whine about others expressing it when they don't have the balls to is kinda ridiculous.

I didn't read the article, but the headline on Yahoo says the guy who was after Obama was not a "credible threat". Right now, no "credible threat" is needed, as he ain't gonna get elected. If, however, the media manages to somehow get him in, then, very likely, somebody will get him. It wouldn't be me. I'm peaceful . I'll be cheering for the perp, though.
    Google the comments about Novak and Tony Snow. Disgusting.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Good speech by Michelle. I thought the thing with Sacha was cheesy (I'm assuming it was staged) and I didn't really care for that. Saw a few tears in the audience, hopefully this speech brings back some of the Hillary-McCain traitors.

I agree that tonight was soft, though. The Dems can't have another DNC like Boston was in 2004. Hopefully they'll step it up over the next 3 days.

Most Americans would be unable to say the comments she did about her country, even as a gaffe. She repeated them three times. That charade last night doesn't change a thing. Her and her husband are angry extremists and have no business in federal government.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Wake me when Reverend Wright takes the podium.