Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: RNC

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Giuliani was terrific I thought. So was Palin. And the beauty was two-fold. First, they took apart Obama using simple facts and his own words and positions. Giuliani dissected him on the response to Russia's invasion of Georgia. They both pummeled him on being wrong about the surge and being for defeat in Iraq. They blitzed him on being for tax increases in all aspects of life and death. And they demonstrated that he has ZERO, repeat, ZERO actual experience (Present!). The second prong was to point out how they - McCain and Palin are the better of the candidates. Service to America, focus on basic American values that have stood the test of time. Love - LOVE of country - both families McCain and Palin rich in service to the nation. Effective leadership. Great, just great!
    The enquirer is reporting that he had a pretty tricked out bondage suit on under that well cut suit.

It would have been nice if the Rat would have been in the command center when the towers went down.
    C.H.U.D.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    Giuliani was terrific I thought. So was Palin. And the beauty was two-fold. First, they took apart Obama using simple facts and his own words and positions. Giuliani dissected him on the response to Russia's invasion of Georgia. They both pummeled him on being wrong about the surge and being for defeat in Iraq. They blitzed him on being for tax increases in all aspects of life and death. And they demonstrated that he has ZERO, repeat, ZERO actual experience (Present!). The second prong was to point out how they - McCain and Palin are the better of the candidates. Service to America, focus on basic American values that have stood the test of time. Love - LOVE of country - both families McCain and Palin rich in service to the nation. Effective leadership. Great, just great!
    The enquirer is reporting that he had a pretty tricked out bondage suit on under that well cut suit.

It would have been nice if the Rat would have been in the command center when the towers went down.

Maybe Tim Russert could have been next to him, eh?

A great American like him? Better ask Tex.

This is classic. "Are we still live?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrG8w4bb3kg
    C.H.U.D.

McCain really needs to milk Palin's popularity ever step of the way. A recent poll I saw on Yahoo said 4 in 10 see Palin as qualified. Better than I expected. Obama's camp is at odds over her sudden popularity, so McCain needs to take advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    I think Joe Lieberman is a very good man! BTW, he votes pretty consistently with Democratic positions, he's quite liberal on domestic issues. The fact that he has been turned into the punch-line of jokes indicates just how intolerant the Dem party has become. At least the Republicans don't push their maverick, John McCain, out of the party.

The Huffington Post Democrats have taken over the party and ruined it. I suppose after the Bush years the lefties deserve a chance.

As much as I admire her, I would have a hard time voting for Palin as president in 2012, she is too conservative. I feared she might lead the convention in a rousing rendition of "Every Sperm is Sacred"

Actually, I really doubt I could vote for any Republican in 2012. The health care system needs to be overhauled, and I already have guilt pangs about voting Republican in 2008.
    Pushed out of the party? How so?

When you lose and then decide to run as an independent..you aren't part of the party.

Joe has always been about joe.

So you're OK with being for the death of Giuliani in the collapse of the towers? That's your position?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns

When you lose and then decide to run as an independent..you aren't part of the party.

He didn't lose, you idiot, his party RECRUITED someone to run against him. He ran as an independent and won in a 3 way race with 50% of the vote, and he beat LaMont by 10 points.....

Is there anything you don't twist? Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns

He didn't lose, you idiot, his party RECRUITED someone to run against him. He ran as an independent and won in a 3 way race with 50% of the vote, and he beat LaMont by 10 points.....

Is there anything you don't twist? Good grief.
    Twist. LOL You are doing it now.

Joe was endorsed officially by the Conn Dem party..how is that being pushed out. Lamont however received 33% of the delegates..which forced a runoff.

Did he lose to lamont in the democratic runoff. Yes. Whether lamont was recruited isn't relevant...he wasn't pushed out. Voters voted, they didn't choose him.

Joe ran as an independent...care to explain how that is being part of the party?

So you're OK with being for the death of Giuliani in the collapse of the towers? That's your position?
    I wonder what Tex thinks about all this? No one else seems to care.

I wonder what Tex thinks about all this? No one else seems to care.
    Oh, that's horrible. I'm simply shocked and appalled--and downright offended (hey Howard, my first attempt at "bold"--thanks) that anybody could possibly wish anybody else could get DEAD. How awful!

Did you notice that not ONE other person was offended, Tex? Imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by LL2
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    The latest RCP average has the spread at 3.8 points, so you must have been looking at the NY Times, Washington Post, or Minneapolis Star Tribune poll.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...obama-225.html

BTW, I love it how the Star Tribune almost always inflates the support for the Democrat, and then when their poll is proved wrong on election day, they blame a late surge for the Republican. You'd think they'd learn that it isn't a good strategy.
    So, CNN has Obama at +1...does that make them unbiased? I think this election is going to go down to the wire like the past two.
    I've kinda flip-flopped back and forth on the degree of intentional wrongness for propaganda value or political gain in polling. There probably isn't any or much. After all, most of the media polls have one supposed conservative organization working together with a liberal one. And Gallup and Rasmussen supposedly are scrupulously unbiased. Just the same, most seem to think it's legitimate to poll more Democrats than Republicans. Also, the wording of questions can obviously make a great deal of difference. At this point, I think competition to appear correct is a stronger motivation than trying to influence outcomes. The shameful exit polling data they put out in "04, however, is a different story.

What I will say with certainty, though, is that the polls are notoriously unreliable. It may be the sample size; It may be procedures; But most likely of all, it is the nature of the people being polled.

We've all heard of the Bradley Syndrome--people telling pollsters they will vote for the black candidate, then doing the opposite. I know from first hand knowledge that something similar is prevalent with hispanics. I've got a Mexican son-in-law who wouldn't be caught dead voting for a black guy, but would never allow himself to appear racist to a pollster ...... and he's hardly exceptional. Add to that the natural human impulse to be 100% certain one day, and just as certain of just the opposite the next day.

I've said all along that as the real unfiltered views, values, and positions of both sides get to the people by way of the convention speeches, ads, and debates, the Dem/lib prospect nosedive and the good guys skyrocket. It happened in 2000; It happened again in 2004; And things are on track for it to happen in 2008--I think by a larger margin this time with the Sarah Palin factor.

Much is being made of the Dems' big push to register new voters. Wouldn't it be ironic if the Palin factor causes more of those newbie to vote for her and McCain than for Obama and ..... what's that old fogie's name?