Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Drilling in Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    I find it interesting that the conservatives here in this forum were hopping mad about Obama not helping out his distant stepbrother, but find the idea of talking about Palin's abstinence education stance (how is that working for ya Sarah!) and her daughter being pregnant as being outside the pale.

The hypocrisy on this forum never ceases to amaze.
    I'm really not seeing how you're pretending to compare these things to one another.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    I find it interesting that the conservatives here in this forum were hopping mad about Obama not helping out his distant stepbrother, but find the idea of talking about Palin's abstinence education stance (how is that working for ya Sarah!) and her daughter being pregnant as being outside the pale.

I'm really not seeing how you're pretending to compare these things to one another.
    I am convinced that is the true beauty of the comparison.

"pandering to the religious right"--Hoosier's words--is actually code for appealing to good old American NORMALCY--the wonderful views and values that are prevalent with the vast majority of decent family oriented generally apolitical, but staunchly America-loving Americans.

Choosing somebody like Palin who so typifies this kind of NORMALCY really highlights how out of touch and downright evil the Dem/lib leadership is, along with the sick collection of weirdo groups and agendas that were flaunted at the DNC.

The beauty of our convention system is that practically all Americans--except maybe those so disinterested that they probably won't vote anyway--get to see and here exactly what the two parties choose to emphasize, exactly what the candidates and other party leaders are for and against, etc.--all of it UNFILTERED by the God damned leftist mainstream media.

Of course, like in 2000 and 2004, when that happens the hopes and chances of the Democrats go right in the toilet.

A lot of people on TV and elsewhere are writing off Republican chances in Congressional elections. Maybe, but I certainly don't see that as quite so clear cut. Logically, there too the evil media influence lessens as the election approaches, and the views and positions of the candidates become known.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    And, now she is going to "force" her daughter into a "smart" marriage at 17/18. Nice.

BTW, the soon to be husband never wanted kids. So, let's not pretend that they are some romeo and juliet and were dying to get married.
    And now, just like with the McCain family, Ty is a member of the inner circle of the Palin family, knowing the thoughts and feelings of all involved. It's interesting to see your 'value system' in action - it looks very much like that of your hero, Andrew Sullivan, who libeled the Palin family as well. Hmmm... premarital sex without a condom or piece of shit liar? Alex, I'll take premarital sex for $400.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket

Of course you don't. And, you further show your lack of ability to even meaningfully discuss by insulting me. Super!

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    And, now she is going to "force" her daughter into a "smart" marriage at 17/18. Nice.

BTW, the soon to be husband never wanted kids. So, let's not pretend that they are some romeo and juliet and were dying to get married.
    And now, just like with the McCain family, Ty is a member of the inner circle of the Palin family, knowing the thoughts and feelings of all involved. It's interesting to see your 'value system' in action - it looks very much like that of your hero, Andrew Sullivan, who libeled the Palin family as well. Hmmm... premarital sex without a condom or piece of shit liar? Alex, I'll take premarital sex for $400.
    Who is "knowing?" Her boyfriend has stated it. That, my friend, is on the record.

Premarital sex...what kind of family let's that happen? Not the palin's who are for abstinence education. Wow! Teenagers having sex..whoda thunk it. Good thing that didn't know how to use birth control.

How does not wanting kids == not being in love or not wanting to get married?

Seems to me the Palin family is dealing with sin the way a family of faith should -they protect the life of the baby and decide between adoption or marriage and keeping the baby.

Seems to me that Obama, who claims (in his nomination acceptance speech) that we should help the 'least of our brothers' is not doing that for the least of his brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    Ty is a member of the family, and/or he feels empowered to make facts up, just like his libel-spewing hero Andrew Sullivan.

I think the emphasis on this triviality is a pretty good sign that Democrats are having to grasp at straws to find chinks in her armor.

Did you hear that Dick Cheney's daughter is a lesbo?

Of course not, but, let's be honest...he hadn't proposed, wasn't engaged prior to this.

Nor do i think the palin's envisioned their daughter getting married this young.

Johnson said, he is "in a relationship,'' but on the question about how he feels about children he said: ``I don't want kids.''

'I'm a f--kin' redneck who likes to snowboard and ride dirt bikes. But I live to play hockey. I like to go camping and hang out with the boys, do some fishing, shoot some s--t and just f--kin' chillin' I guess. Ya f--k with me I'll kick ass.''

Sounds like a guy ready to settle down!

Ty is a member of the family, and/or he feels empowered to make facts up, just like his libel-spewing hero Andrew Sullivan.
    You should check yourself...cause you just look even more stupid.

His not wanting kids is public record.

Is it "on the public record" that he wanted her to have an abortion? I'm just curious, since Ty seems to have made all this his business.

How many abortions did Chelsea have? Is that "on the public record" too?

Has Michelle Obama been sleeping around on Barak? Seems like I saw some reference to that in a "public record" at the super market the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker
    Is it "on the public record" that he wanted her to have an abortion? I'm just curious, since Ty seems to have made all this his business.

Has Michelle Obama been sleeping around on Barak? Seems like I saw some reference to that in a "public record" at the super market the other day.

For a party that defended extra marital May/December sex in the oval office and subsequent lies under oath to a grand jury, this witch hunt behavior seems more than a little inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell

For a party that defended extra marital May/December sex in the oval office and subsequent lies under oath to a grand jury, this witch hunt behavior seems more than a little inconsistent.
    For a party that instigated a witch hunt, it seems a bit inconsistent not to expect one.

Who said anything about abortion?

Mr. Johnston's statements are of record. This isn't being made up.

Chelsea/Obama: Are you just making things up now?

If so, how many gay lovers has tom delay had? How often does W give Cheney a reach around?

The sad thing about this is that there are plenty of things to focus on that should affect this election in regards to Palin but so many only care about moose hunting credentials and teen sex. But that's modern American politics.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    The sad thing about this is that there are plenty of things to focus on that should affect this election in regards to Palin but so many only care about moose hunting credentials and teen sex. But that's modern American politics.
    How about moose sex and teens hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell

For a party that instigated a witch hunt, it seems a bit inconsistent not to expect one.

Not at all. It's a family member, not the elected official themselves. If Chelsea was the one having sex in the oval office, and lying about it in front of grand jury, even Tex wouldn't have called for Bill's impeachment.

This issue is as weak as they come.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    How about moose sex and teens hunting?
    Seeing as how you brought it up...as a teen while hunting moose in November once I came upon a older bull with a small harem who was saddled up....I didn't have the heart to kill him.
    C.H.U.D.